PDA

View Full Version : Throwing Back HR Balls !

ssang
05-16-2002, 03:04 PM
I was at last night's game and I saw something that made me literally want to puke. Some moron threw back a Texas HR ball!!! And he promptly began high fiving his freinds as if what he did was awesome. It belongs in Wrigley for the idiotic Cubs fans. What good does throwing back a HR ball do? I don't even think Cubs fans could explain what it signifys.

BearSox
05-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Yeah do the classy thing and give the ball to a kid or something

duke of dorwood
05-16-2002, 03:47 PM
We were right below the idiot begging him not to do it-but the smiling idiot did it anyway. I cant stand that. Some young kids in that area would have loved getting the ball.

Cheryl
05-16-2002, 03:54 PM
If you're in their section, complain to Security about people throwing things on the field. They're supposed to boot people who do that.

duke of dorwood
05-16-2002, 03:55 PM
That's a great idea.

rmusacch
05-16-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
Yeah do the classy thing and give the ball to a kid or something

The people do not throw the actual homerun balls back. They have a ball with them and switch it with the actual ball. It still disgusts me. I would love to catch an opponent's homerun ball at Wrigley and not throw one back.

Cheryl
05-16-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

The people do not throw the actual homerun balls back. They have a ball with them and switch it with the actual ball. It still disgusts me. I would love to catch an opponent's homerun ball at Wrigley and not throw one back.

That's how it used to be done at Wrigley. I don't think these dufusses are quite that smart.

cheeses_h_rice
05-16-2002, 04:24 PM
I think you mean "dufii", Cheryl.

:)

Cheryl
05-16-2002, 04:27 PM
Thanks, oh King of Grammar.

BearSox
05-16-2002, 06:19 PM
Yeah, especially a Sox Homerun

guillen4life13
05-16-2002, 11:42 PM
back during the home oakland series, when david justice hit a homerun to right field, the guy/girl/whoever threw the ball back. I was sitting a few rows behind the pen, and when the guy threw it back, it angered me. that ball came close to hitting maggs also (from my perspective it looked like it). those are the fans who just want attention. forget them... we don't need them.

foulkesfan11
05-17-2002, 10:37 AM
I can't wait til the day where an opposing home run comes to me. I will hold on to it and tell all of the losers to go to hell.

alohafri
05-17-2002, 12:38 PM
Dave Wills did a great hunk on this after an afternoon game a few weeks ago. It shouldn't be done anywhere, especially at Comiskey Park. I would love to be sitting in the outfield at Wrigley Field (when the Sox play of course - the only time I would go to that dump), catch a White Sox home run, and refuse to throw it back.
:wills Keep the *&%$& home run balls!

CerberusWG
05-17-2002, 01:37 PM
If you don't want the damn ball so bad, here is a plan for you.

Go to the urinals, set ball in urinal. Piss on it. Leave.

Freaking pathetic.

Dadawg_77
05-17-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
Dave Wills did a great hunk on this after an afternoon game a few weeks ago. It shouldn't be done anywhere, especially at Comiskey Park. I would love to be sitting in the outfield at Wrigley Field (when the Sox play of course - the only time I would go to that dump), catch a White Sox home run, and refuse to throw it back.
:wills Keep the *&%$& home run balls!

Even better would be to throw back a Sosa ball. Well if that happens I guess.