PDA

View Full Version : The new guys are not happy......

Jurr
09-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Joe Cowley was on the radio a second ago with some news:

1.)Ozzie was really pissed at Cabrera's rant about the team. Ozzie 'had some really choice words' for Cabrera.

2.)Swisher is moping around the clubhouse, denying media questions. He's not happy about being on the bench. Ozzie:'he knows where my office is if he wants to talk about it'.

Nice time for some B.S.

ChiSoxFan7
09-25-2008, 07:58 PM
I really have no idea, but...

do you think it's something to do with

a) these are our marquee pick ups and they are not playing it

b) he's trying to light their fire and the antics just don't work on team veterans?

c) he has more respect for the team veterans?

I really don't know. I'm just throwing out questions...anyone know/wanna take a guess?

Lip Man 1
09-25-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm surprised about Swisher but not with Cabrera, not with his antics this entire season.

This is completely imploding and clarifies a statement in a column today by Chris DeLuca where he wrote in the Sun-Times that (paraphrasing) fingers were beginning to be pointed in the clubhouse and that this wasn't the same cohesive team like in May.

I agree, a hell of a time for the players to be acting like spoiled kids.

Lip

kevingrt
09-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Go 5-5 tonight O.C. Swisher hit a pinch hit HR. Ozzie win a game.

We will all be fine.

Brian26
09-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Joe Cowley was on the radio a second ago with some news:

1.)Ozzie was really pissed at Cabrera's rant about the team. Ozzie 'had some really choice words' for Cabrera.

2.)Swisher is moping around the clubhouse, denying media questions. He's not happy about being on the bench. Ozzie:'he knows where my office is if he wants to talk about it'.

Nice time for some B.S.

This is reminding me more and more of not the 2000 end of the season, but rather the 1993 playoffs with all of the bull**** between George Bell, Bo Jackson and Gene Lamont. Dewayne Wise is playing the role of The Deacon Newson.

Jurr
09-25-2008, 08:08 PM
This is reminding me more and more of not the 2000 end of the season, but rather the 1993 playoffs with all of the bull**** between George Bell, Bo Jackson and Gene Lamont. Dewayne Wise is playing the role of The Deacon Newson.
Let's hope that Slowey doesn't play the role of Juan Guzman tonight.

Madvora
09-25-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm surprised about Swisher but not with Cabrera, not with his antics this entire season.

This is completely imploding and clarifies a statement in a column today by Chris DeLuca where he wrote in the Sun-Times that (paraphrasing) fingers were beginning to be pointed in the clubhouse and that this wasn't the same cohesive team like in May.

Lip
Yeah, no kidding. So much for Swisher's fun-loving attitude that keeps this team fresh. That B.S. distracted everyone for two months from the fact that he couldn't get a god damn hit to save his life... and still can't. The difference is now we can see that.

ChiSoxFan7
09-25-2008, 08:10 PM

does anybody else hate that they have no idea what he's talking about...:redface:

sox fan since 1989 but i don't remember anytrhing till like 1998. *sigh* the burden of youth :tongue:

Jurr
09-25-2008, 08:12 PM
does anybody else hate that they have no idea what he's talking about...:redface:

sox fan since 1989 but i don't remember anytrhing till like 1998. *sigh* the burden of youth :tongue:
Ehhhh..you didn't miss much. A bunch of Melido Perez and Scott Fletcher crap.

Domeshot17
09-25-2008, 08:12 PM
I hope they all beat the living crap out of each other

hey it worked in Major League 2

Martinigirl
09-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Ehhhh..you didn't miss much. A bunch of Melido Perez and Scott Fletcher crap.

Don't dis Scott Fletcher. I lovvveeeddd him.

getonbckthr
09-25-2008, 08:24 PM
I hope they all beat the living crap out of each other

hey it worked in Major League 2
I really don't wanna see Mr. Reinsdorf in a bikini!

DSpivack
09-25-2008, 08:25 PM

1993 playoffs made me a Sox fan at the age of 9. That crowd was electric.

This more like 2003, where the Sox were in first most of the season but go in the metrodome in September and lay a ****ing egg and blow it.

Medford Bobby
09-25-2008, 08:32 PM

:hawk D.J., I miss "The Deacon"!

delben91
09-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Winning cures all. Win tonight and I bet a lot of this goes away.

DumpJerry
09-25-2008, 10:01 PM
OC was whining in the first week of April about it being too cold to play.

Let him sign with a warm weather team that opens the first week in northern cities. We get two compensation picks for him.

MCHSoxFan
09-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Winning cures all. Win tonight and I bet a lot of this goes away.

Yeah. You are so right! :D:

For real, though.

soltrain21
09-25-2008, 10:34 PM
What the hell could Swisher be complaining about?

EuroSox35
09-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Swisher is a douche, I could tell he was moping yesterday in the dugout, wearing that stupid hoodie like he's injured or something, and the body language after they pinch ran for him

Cabrera was damn right, Ozzie should look in the damn mirror and have some choice words for himself instead of having his player do his own job for him. His HR was big tonight, but if anything, he should be getting on him for being one of the dumbest ****ing players in baseball

chisoxfanatic
09-25-2008, 10:41 PM
What the hell could Swisher be complaining about?
Read the caption in my sig. That's what he's pissed about. :P

WhiteSox5187
09-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Maybe if Swisher weren't hitting .220 he wouldn't mope. What bull****, hell of a time to get selfish. Swisher may have just worn out his welcome in Chicago.

Moses_Scurry
09-25-2008, 11:50 PM
I caddied for him once!

hi im skot
09-25-2008, 11:51 PM
**** 'em both.

sox1970
09-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Heard Joe Cowley this morning. He thinks Swisher will ask to be traded.

My hope is that they try to trade Konerko (yes, I know he has to approve the trade), and they can start over with Swish. I think if Swisher comes in next year as the 1B and bats around the 7-hole, he'll be much more productive.

He needs to take responsibility for sucking this year, but I also think the Sox didn't put him in the best situation to succeed either, with the leading off and playing CF. That's not him.

Blueprint1
09-26-2008, 09:40 AM

My hope is that they try to trade Konerko (yes, I know he has to approve the trade), and they can start over with Swish. I think if Swisher comes in next year as the 1B and bats around the 7-hole, he'll be much more productive.

He needs to take responsibility for sucking this year, but I also think the Sox didn't put him in the best situation to succeed either, with the leading off and playing CF. That's not him.

Really, you want Swisher at first base next year? I would rather have Swisher playing somewhere else. Swisher fans are super loyal the man has sucked all year long.

kraut83
09-26-2008, 09:48 AM
I've been in Swisher's corner most of the year, but he's had exactly one good month all season. He needs to shut the **** up, and take responsibility for his ****ty play.

He's failed down the stretch when the Sox needed him most, and he now has 2 choices: 1. Commit himself to working his ass off in the offseason, and develop an eye for the strikezone again. 2. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

sox1970
09-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Really, you want Swisher at first base next year? I would rather have Swisher playing somewhere else. Swisher fans are super loyal the man has sucked all year long.

He's sucked all year, but like I said, he wasn't put in his best position to succeed. He grew up as a first basemen, and if he stays, that's where he should be.

By the way, I'm not a Swisher fan. I'm a White Sox fan. For as bad as Swisher has been, Konerko has been worse. If they can find a trade for Konerko, I'd keep Swisher and play him at first.

If they can't trade Konerko, then they should trade Swisher because the two can't be on the same team next year, in my opinion.

btrain929
09-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Well we're not going to trade both of them, so if we were to have one, I'll take the one that switch hits, is younger, under contract at a reasonable price for 4-5 years, and still is mobile at 1B. I love you Paulie, but bye bye.

palehozenychicty
09-26-2008, 10:07 AM

I just don't think he's that good. People were giving him all the slack in the world once he displayed that energy earlier. I mentioned it before, though, that he's in NBA terms, a 'tweener', one who is versatile but has few discernible strengths that impact the key moments of a game.

He's only had one year where he's hit at a high level, and that was now almost three years ago. If Anderson put up Swisher's career stats, assuming he got those ABs, we'd be jumping for joy and he'd be starting. But I digress....

RockyMtnSoxFan
09-26-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm fed up with Ozzie's bull****. One day he's calling out one of his players specifically, saying that he doesn't perform in big games. The next day, when someone else calls out the team -- rather than an individual -- for not hustling, which is true, Ozzie rips him and basically tells him to shut up. I'm starting to realize that Ozzie is a two-faced blowhard. He doesn't really have a clue what he's doing; there's no underlying method to his madness, just more madness.

I was really excited when the Sox picked Ozzie to be the manager. At the beginning he talked a lot about having fun and playing the game the right way. He brought energy to the team, and I think that energy is what drove them to the title in 2005. After winning the championship, though, he seemed to manage differently. I noticed it in spring training of 2006, that the attitude seemed to be different. Now he doesn't seem to care about his players, he seems angry and frustrated more often. And to use a term that he and Kenny like to throw around, he throws people under the bus.

ode to veeck
09-26-2008, 11:07 AM

Lip

especially when the Sox control their destiny with 3 to 5 games at home in the next few days and are tied in the loss column

Hokiesox
09-26-2008, 11:49 AM

That makes one.

nccwsfan
09-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Well we're not going to trade both of them, so if we were to have one, I'll take the one that switch hits, is younger, under contract at a reasonable price for 4-5 years, and still is mobile at 1B. I love you Paulie, but bye bye.

Agreed on all points. I'm willing to give Swisher a mulligan for 08' and see if he can rebound in 2009.

jabrch
09-26-2008, 12:30 PM

I'm not sure which I'd take - by you can make a good arguement that you should take the guy who hit pretty damn well after he came back healthy instead of the one who has (assumedly) been healthy all year and hit 20 pts fewer, and who has seen a precipitous drop ins his power and performance since leaving the steroid capital of the world.

I don't know - I can live with either of them. It's not so clear who is a better option.

HawkDJ
09-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Was this whole Swisher life of the clubhouse, handshaking, facial hair dying, Captain Morgan thing just an act? I mean, dude, you're hitting .198 since the All-Star break, striking out without even swinging your bat in crucial situations, and you're pouting on the bench because you somehow think that deserves being in the lineup? Give me a break.

RockJock07
09-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Agreed on all points. I'm willing to give Swisher a mulligan for 08' and see if he can rebound in 2009.

I am too, I think Swisher will rebound plus he's under contract and rather cheaply.

OC is out after this season, Kenny was/is pissed about the comments, and just went off yesterday. Overall, this whole week has been a mess.