PDA

View Full Version : Tonight I Recieved A Sign From Above.

Thome25
09-25-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm sitting here browsing this site from work (I work 2nd shift.) and I was in today's lineup thread. I started reading the prayer posted by thomas35forever when a co-worker of mine walks in the room and starts whistling "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey.

Now normally I wouldn't have thought anything of this but, I was reading the prayer at the same time and the guy that was whistling this song is definitely NOT the type to be listening to Journey. Besides, of all the songs in all the world he could've been singing....it was that one.

I honestly thing we'll win tonight and that moment was my sign from above. I believe we'll make the playoffs too.

JB98
09-25-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm sitting here browsing this site from work (I work 2nd shift.) and I was in today's lineup thread. I started reading the prayer posted by thomas35forever when a co-worker of mine walks in the room and starts whistling "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey.

Now normally I wouldn't have thought anything of this but, I was reading the prayer at the same time and the guy that was whistling this song is definitely NOT the type to be listening to Journey. Besides, of all the songs in all the world he could've been singing....it was that one.

I honestly thing we'll win tonight and that moment was my sign from above. I believe we'll make the playoffs too.

Pffttttt....I heard "Don't Stop Believin'" yesterday. Didn't make any difference.

cbone
09-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Ok, So I get on the Orange Line to head home. I put on my IPOD and hit shuffle. First song up, you got it, Don't Stop Believing! It's an omen!! Let's do this thing. :gulp::bandance:

BadBobbyJenks
09-25-2008, 06:26 PM
I have listened to Elk Hunt, Pirates, Thunderstuck, Don't stop believing the past two days on way home on the train on the ipod. Today I listened to it on CD on my way home in the car, hopefully that is what changes things.

Iwritecode
09-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Pffttttt....I heard "Don't Stop Believin'" yesterday. Didn't make any difference.

Same here. Although I've thought all along that the Sox only need to win 1 game at the absolute minimum. Tonight's game is their last chance.

That said, I've given up on any signs or superstitions for this team. It's up to them to perform or not.

LoveYourSuit
09-25-2008, 06:27 PM

:rolling:

JB98
09-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Same here. Although I've thought all along that the Sox only need to win 1 game at the absolute minimum. Tonight's game is their last chance.

That said, I've given up on any signs or superstitions for this team. It's up to them to perform or not.

Yep. If we beat the Twins tonight, we'll win the division and go to the playoffs. If we lose, we're probably screwed.

I did not hear "Don't Stop Believin'" on the way to work today, FWIW.

LoveYourSuit
09-25-2008, 06:28 PM
I have listened to Elk Hunt, Pirates, Thunderstuck, Don't stop believing the past two days on way home on the train on the ipod. Today I listened to it on CD on my way home in the car, hopefully that is what changes things.

Wow, we are really grasping for anything now.

I love it.

WhiteSox5187
09-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Ok, So I get on the Orange Line to head home. I put on my IPOD and hit shuffle. First song up, you got it, Don't Stop Believing! It's an omen!! Let's do this thing. :gulp::bandance:
First song on my i-Pod today was "No Fun.":(:

Desert Rat
09-25-2008, 06:30 PM
I heard the old polka "I don't want her, you can have her. She's too fat for me." Reminded me of Uribe...

BigP50
09-25-2008, 06:32 PM
so I was deciding what to wear tomorrow

I said gotta wear my AJ jersey, then I thought. God can power the Sox not us. He wouldn't want us to start thinking that we powered the Sox. Only he and the players can so I'm wearing stuff that has nothing to do with baseball.

WS in 05
09-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Funny Cause a guy I know was driving to work today and the Randall Road street sign fell onto his car.:?: FWIW.

JB98
09-25-2008, 06:33 PM
I heard the old polka "I don't want her, you can have her. She's too fat for me." Reminded me of Uribe...

Good one. :rolling:

kevingrt
09-25-2008, 06:38 PM
First song on my CD today, "Right Now" by Van Halen. That song is an understatement for the Sox tonight.

"Cmon turn, turn this thing around
Right now, hey, Its your tomorrow
Right now, Cmon,its everything
Right now, Catch a magic moment, do it
Right here and now
It means everything"

I mean are those lyrics what tonight is all about or what!

BigP50
09-25-2008, 06:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQiMtBW5-U8

mccoydp
09-25-2008, 06:41 PM
I was browsing through my music collection on the computer yesterday and saw the Journey folder. The Journey folder, even though I didn't open it, contained the song "Don't Stop Believing".

It's a sign!

LoveYourSuit
09-25-2008, 06:46 PM
I bumped into Steve Perry at the 7-11 and he wanted to clean my windshield. All he wanted was a quarter.

I am feeling it now.

Marqhead
09-25-2008, 06:52 PM
I'll probably watch the Sox intro 5-6 times in a row to get me going.

The only way I'll be able to stand this game and game thread is :gulp:.

After the game hopefully I'll be :bandance:, but if not I might watch my 05 DVD and cry myself to sleep.

JUribe1989
09-25-2008, 06:58 PM

Dude, you're just me. It's eery. Even with the whole CTA thing and whatnot.

creepy....

asindc
09-25-2008, 07:03 PM
I bumped into Steve Perry at the 7-11 and he wanted to clean my windshield. All he wanted was a quarter.

I am feeling it now.

Well, at least he didn't go on and on and on and on...

white sox bill
09-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Bad news then by these standards...saw the movie "Twins" last night on late night sat tv:(:

asindc
09-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Bad news then by these standards...saw the movie "Twins" last night on late night sat tv:(:

Yes, but that movie sucked, and it wasn't on in primetime, so there!:smile:

markopat
09-25-2008, 07:26 PM
OK...I couldn't resist! I was afraid to come to WSI this afternoon and see what people were thinking and saying...I just happened to pick THIS thread to read and now I have a silly ___ smile on my face...and by the way...

I FEEL GOOD ABOUT TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!

MrRoboto83
09-25-2008, 07:58 PM
I was listening to "Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot today. Perhaps that is a sign. :scratch:

BoysMom3
09-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Well Tuesday when I was doing my spin class at the gym, I put extra effort into it to give to the Sox in case they needed it. It didn't help at all, so I didn't put anything extra in it (for them) today. Which doesn't mean squat because I don't believe in such nonsense - it was just a thought to get me to work extra hard. I like the original poster's story though. :smile:

But wait!!! A couple days ago my facebook had an update from a friend that said he doesn't want you to stop believing, you've got to hold on to that feeling! Seriously! (ThomeFan - it was our writer friend from Peoria who's in Hong Kong right now.) That seemed like a sign to me!

munchman33
09-25-2008, 10:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQiMtBW5-U8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

chisoxmike
09-25-2008, 11:51 PM

How's that working out for you.

MrRoboto83
09-26-2008, 12:08 AM
I was listening to "Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot today. Perhaps that is a sign. :scratch:

I knew there was a reason I heard this song today.

WhiteSox5187
09-26-2008, 12:09 AM
First song on my i-Pod today was "No Fun.":(:
Hey, I was right!

Noooo fuuuun! No fun!

Thome25
09-26-2008, 12:11 AM
How's that working out for you.

Not too good obviously.

thomas35forever
09-26-2008, 12:12 AM
It's my fault. I posted the prayer, thus allowing this thread to exist. I apologize for it all.:whiner:

puckereduppiet
09-26-2008, 12:22 PM
It's my fault. I posted the prayer, thus allowing this thread to exist. I apologize for it all.:whiner:
You're not to blame...I blame the team. Keep posting those prayers.

Procol Harum
09-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Here's hoping the Sox can take to heart "Don't Dream It's Over"....

Lip Man 1
09-26-2008, 04:01 PM
And since we've been reduced to looking for signs and omens and tailsmen perhaps this is good news. (Keep those fingers and toes crossed!)

Just got my copy of The Sporting News Friday afternoon. Eight players are on it representing the eight playoff teams. Dye is one of those on the cover...the Twins aren't.

Lip

daveeym
09-26-2008, 04:08 PM
The problem is you guys wouldn't know a real sign if it hit you in the face and are looking at the wrong things. Everyone knows real signs come from toast, trees and highway underpasses. Oh and also, if goldenpalace.com hasn't called and offered to buy your sign from you it's clearly a fraud.