PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers win NL West

sox1970
09-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Joe Torre...back to the playoffs.

Joe Girardi...still a drillrod.

thomas35forever
09-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Congrats to them. Hopefully, Manny can do something big against the Cubs if they face each other.

LoveYourSuit
09-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Am I the only Sox fan that would die to have a Manny Ramirez on the South Side regardless of this baggage? The guy is a proven winner. He has carried a bad Dodgers team into the playoffs by himself. He is money when it comes to crunch time. While are 3-4-5 hitters are having epic perforances when the season is on the line here, Manny by himself has out-hit all 3 of your guys combined.

We already have log jam at DH/LF on this team, so I guess it can't be done.

kobo
09-25-2008, 06:25 PM
I've always liked Manny. Yes, his antics may be annoying and he rubs people the wrong way, but he's one hell of a player. I think he would fit in well here on the South Side, but as stated, there's no place for him to play.

btrain929
09-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Manny in LF and Quentin at 3B?

asindc
09-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Manny in LF and Quentin at 3B?

You would definitely have to trade either Dye, PK, or Thome. Then it's TCQ in RF with Manny in LF. We can dream...

Foulke You
09-25-2008, 06:35 PM
I've never both admired and loathed a baseball player as much as I do Manny Ramirez. I love watching him hit because he is one of the best right handed hitters in the game as the feeble NL pitching staffs are figuring out. However, he is such a selfish tool that you can't help but hate his guts.

LoveYourSuit
09-25-2008, 06:38 PM
I've never both admired and loathed a baseball player as much as I do Manny Ramirez. I love watching him hit because he is one of the best right handed hitters in the game as the feeble NL pitching staffs are figuring out. However, he is such a selfish tool that you can't help but hate his guts.

For some reason I would think him and Ozzie would have fist fight before opening day.

But I salivate at the thought of CQ and Manny hitting 3-4.

DSpivack
09-25-2008, 06:59 PM

There are plenty of great hitters throughout history who were also *******s. Ty Cobb, Ted Williams; Manny is just continuing a tradition.

palehozenychicty
09-26-2008, 10:51 AM
There are plenty of great hitters throughout history who were also *******s. Ty Cobb, Ted Williams; Manny is just continuing a tradition.

Thank you. I'm getting rid of everyone (PK, DYE, Thome has an option) for Manny if possible. Put Manny and TCQ at the corners and we can dream crazy dreams again!

PatK
09-26-2008, 11:02 AM
I think the Dodgers could be the darkhorse in the NL.

They've got good pitching and decent hitting, which is made better by Manny's presence.

palehozenychicty
09-26-2008, 11:04 AM
I think the Dodgers could be the darkhorse in the NL.

They've got good pitching and decent hitting, which is made better by Manny's presence.

They're definitely a dangerous team, and they just got Furcal back to lead off. If he shakes off the rust and performs at a high level, they're even more dangerous. I feel that the playoffs are a little more intriguing when the Dodgers have a solid team. Hopefull they can get out of the first round.

StillMissOzzie
09-27-2008, 03:20 AM
I do find it both ironic and funny as hell that Joe Torre is back in the post-season where the Yankees can watch him on TV. And as I posted earlier, I am looking forward to seeing Manny drop a few bombs on that red-roofed Budweiser house if/when the Dodgers make it to Wrigley Field.

SMO
:gulp:

Nellie_Fox
09-27-2008, 03:35 AM
...I am looking forward to seeing Manny drop a few bombs on that red-roofed Budweiser house if/when the Dodgers make it to Wrigley Field.Manny is still an ******* who quit on his team because he didn't like the terms of his contract.