PDA

View Full Version : Limted number of tickets remain for final white sox homestand

SoxComms
09-25-2008, 03:29 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Thursday, September 25, 2008

MEDIA / PUBLIC ADVISORY:

LIMITED NUMBER OF TICKETS REMAIN FOR FINAL WHITE SOX HOMESTAND

Weekend Series Features Fireworks Shows and Fan Appreciation Day

WHAT: A limited number of tickets remain for this weekend’s Chicago White Sox games vs. Cleveland.

WHEN: Friday, September 26
(Postgame fireworks, presented by 7-Eleven)
Game starts: 7:11 p.m.; Comcast SportsNet/WSCR 670

Saturday, September 27
(Postgame fireworks, presented by Illinois Lottery)
Game starts: 6:05 p.m.; WGN-TV/WSCR 670

Sunday, September 28
(Fan Appreciation Day, presented by U.S. Cellular)
Game starts: 1:05 p.m.; Comcast SportsNet/WSCR 670

WHERE: U.S. Cellular Field
333 W 35th St.
Chicago, Ill. 60616

HOW: Fans who would like to attend any of the three weekend games are encouraged to purchase tickets immediately on whitesox.com or by calling 866-SOX-GAME.

-30-

© 2008 Chicago White Sox

btrain929
09-25-2008, 03:30 PM
What do they do for fan appreciation day? Do they have pregame autographs or anything for fans?

SaltyPretzel
09-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Anyone know what the plan would be if there's a game Monday?

FielderJones
09-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Anyone know what the plan would be if there's a game Monday?

Hold tickets with the September 13 date.

ChiSoxFan81
09-25-2008, 03:52 PM
What do they do for fan appreciation day? Do they have pregame autographs or anything for fans?

I went 2 years back, and basically they have a lottery and if your seat number gets pulled, you get an autographed ball or something along those lines. They pull a ton of numbers. The kid sitting next to me got a Scotty Pods signed ball.

champagne030
09-25-2008, 04:20 PM

They clinch instead of getting eliminated.

salty99
09-25-2008, 04:29 PM

Usually they do, but I don't see it this year since this game will more than likely have playoff implications.

SaltyPretzel
09-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Hold tickets with the September 13 date.

I just spoke to my rep regarding when tickets would go on sale for the Monday game if it's necessary and she had no idea yet.

A.T. Money
09-25-2008, 04:37 PM
My purchase of tickets depends solely on what they do tonight.

FielderJones
09-25-2008, 04:40 PM
I just spoke to my rep regarding when tickets would go on sale for the Monday game if it's necessary and she had no idea yet.

I am pretty sure September 13 was a sellout or near-sellout. If they do have any available, it won't be many.

soxpride724
09-25-2008, 04:41 PM
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday, hopefully preparing for a celebration.

LoveYourSuit
09-25-2008, 04:51 PM
I am pretty sure September 13 was a sellout or near-sellout. If they do have any available, it won't be many.

Being had they not pissed the bed here in Minn, that game would not have been played and the gate would have been lost, Why not just open the gates to $5-$10 General Admission and let it be a free for all for all the die hards? Those holding tickets for that Sept 13 game would get compensated next season.

Now that would be a cool move by the Sox.

A real fan appreciation with a last minute chance to clinch.

SaltyPretzel
09-25-2008, 04:52 PM

Yeah, but I'm sure several who had tickets exchanged them thinking the game wouldn't be played.

whitesox901
09-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Being had they not pissed the bed here in Minn, that game would not have been played and the gate would have been lost, Why not just open the gates to $5-$10 General Admission and let it be a free for all for all the die hards? Those holding tickets for that Sept 13 game would get compensated next season.

That would be a smashing good time

Gammons Peter
09-25-2008, 04:58 PM
man, I sent out a global email at work (over 100 people) to see if anyone wanted to buy my seats for Saturday and I received ZERO interest. I work with mostly cub fans but I thought I would get somebody, anybody...

SoxFan78
09-25-2008, 04:58 PM

One reason would be that would screw over the people that had tickets for the 9/13 game and were planning on attending the Monday game if necessary.

champagne030
09-25-2008, 05:26 PM
man, I sent out a global email at work (over 100 people) to see if anyone wanted to buy my seats for Saturday and I received ZERO interest. I work with mostly cub fans but I thought I would get somebody, anybody...

You should've done it Tuesday. I put two extras on Stubhub Tuesday morning and they sold in 90 minutes for $125 each. These were outfield seats.

Cat Thief
09-25-2008, 05:30 PM

Tickets for Sat are selling for over face on Ebay.

kevingrt
09-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Tickets for Sat are selling for over face on Ebay.

This is true.

My question is what would they do if we have to play Tuesday. Start selling tickets Monday, hence if anyone is at the game that night they have first priority.

LoveYourSuit
09-25-2008, 05:36 PM
One reason would be that would screw over the people that had tickets for the 9/13 game and were planning on attending the Monday game if necessary.

They haven't even announced a make up time to begin with. If they do at the last minute, only half the gate of the 40K sell out will show up. The Sox need a FULL HOUSE of support if that's going to be the last chane to win or extend this thing. They cannot sell extra tickets at the gate because they don't know who the "no shows" will be. There is just no way to adminstrate this.

1. September 13 ticket holders, here is a voucher for next season.
2. You can still attend the game if you wish at 1st come first serve basis for $10 for lower deck and $5 for upper deck seats all general admision.

This IMO is the proper way to handle it.

I guarantee you a capacity crowd plus standing room to cheer on the Sox that day/night.

chisoxfanatic
09-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Right. And, those with tickets to the 9/13 game could be guaranteed their seats. If you didn't have a 9/13 game ticket, you'd just find any other empty seat. It's that simple.
My question is what would they do if we have to play Tuesday. Start selling tickets Monday, hence if anyone is at the game that night they have first priority.
We season ticket holders will automatically get as many tickets as are in our account to that game. If the game is necessary, our account would be charged. I'd imagine they'd sell tickets to that game for the remaining seats once it's determined the game is needed.

LoveYourSuit
09-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Right. And, those with tickets to the 9/13 game could be guaranteed their seats. If you didn't have a 9/13 game ticket, you'd just find any other empty seat. It's that simple.

We season ticket holders will automatically get as many tickets as are in our account to that game. If the game is necessary, our account would be charged. I'd imagine they'd sell tickets to that game for the remaining seats once it's determined the game is needed.

I think if would be very hard for the ushers to admistrate it this way. I think just let it be General Admission for everyone, and so the Sep 13 crowd is not penalized, just give them a voucher for next year. If you are a Sept 13 guy and wants to be at that game regardless, then get in line early with everyone else getting a GA seat.

If the Sox decide to only allow the Sep 13 ticket holders to get in there, then you will have the stadium at least 30% empty as people will not be able to make it at the last minute. As a fan and ticket holder for that game, I don't want to sit in there with so man empty seats while my team is trying to clinch or extend the season. And the Sox cannot sell additional seats because they can't predict who will or not show up from that original sell out crowd.

Quentin08
09-25-2008, 06:27 PM
I remember in 1998 when the Cubs had a 1-game playoff at the end of the season, they announced it during the middle of the last game that tix would be sold at all Dominicks stores and Ticketmaster outlets at the end of the game, for the 1-game playoff the next day, at face value. My friend was a big Cubs fan, so I drove over to the nearest Dominicks with him, and people were literally running through the Dominicks parking lot, and the line wrapped all the way through the store, through each aisle.. no kidding. There must've been a couple thousand in line.. and it sold out within 30 minutes.

It would be kind of embarrassing if they did this for the Sox, and it didn't sell out. The next 3 games aren't sold out, and probably won't (Saturday might), so I can't imagine a 1-game playoff selling out. I think the White Sox organization is taking major precautions and figuring out all the logistics to prevent a PR nightmare.

LoveYourSuit
09-25-2008, 06:35 PM
I remember in 1998 when the Cubs had a 1-game playoff at the end of the season, they announced it during the middle of the last game that tix would be sold at all Dominicks stores and Ticketmaster outlets at the end of the game, for the 1-game playoff the next day, at face value. My friend was a big Cubs fan, so I drove over to the nearest Dominicks with him, and people were literally running through the Dominicks parking lot, and the line wrapped all the way through the store, through each aisle.. no kidding. There must've been a couple thousand in line.. and it sold out within 30 minutes.

It would be kind of embarrassing if they did this for the Sox, and it didn't sell out. The next 3 games aren't sold out, and probably won't (Saturday might), so I can't imagine a 1-game playoff selling out. I think the White Sox organization is taking major precautions and figuring out all the logistics to prevent a PR nightmare.

With the way the team has playing here in the month of September, It has the makings of a PR disaster. And the only ones to blame are those 25 men on the field.

Ragator43
09-25-2008, 07:04 PM

Just went to the box office about 5 minutes ago and I am sitting on Shields as I type this; all weekend games will be sold out. As of now, all that is left is upper reserved around the foul poles.

Quentin08
09-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Hey, that's cool. Were there a lot of people at the box office?

I know they always sell rows 1-10 of the upper decks until they've sold all those seats through the furthest upper deck corners (506, 558). That's what they're selling right now. Once 506 and 558, rows 1-10 are sold out, then they start selling rows 11 and up, starting with section 544/520. That's where they are right now. Still 5000 tix remaining for tomorrow night, unless tix sales pick up and there's a large walk-up, tomorrow night will NOT sell out.