PDA

View Full Version : People, what about the Royals?

Soxman219
09-24-2008, 11:23 PM
For those who haven't been paying attention, the Royals are now in fourth place in the AL Central. This could be the first time since '03 that they are not in last place. They could actually give a damn and help us out when we return home. Plus, the Royals love to play spoiler.

chisoxmike
09-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Doubtful.

LoveYourSuit
09-24-2008, 11:26 PM
The Royals play the slappy happy baseball which suits the dome. They might give them a fight.

I can pencil them to get 1 win there.

We MUST win tomorrow and then take 2 from the Tribe.

Cliff Lee takes the bump for one the games.

You don't want to count on that Detroit game on Monday if you want to have any prayer to set your pitching staff up for TB.

Soxman219
09-24-2008, 11:27 PM
You never know, Royals could take two out of three against them.

KingXerxes
09-25-2008, 12:14 AM
The only problem is that Cleveland is the best team in the division since the all star break.

That being said, I still think we'll win tomorrow, take two out of three from Cleveland, and the Twins will lose one against Kansas City.

Game over.

Lip Man 1
09-25-2008, 12:26 AM
King:

I hope you are right, I'm not to proud to take help, but usually the Royals roll over and die against anyone in the division not named the White Sox.

Lip

JB98
09-25-2008, 12:36 AM
The Sox have to win tomorrow. It's great folly to think the Royals are going to rescue us.

The Sox STILL control their own destiny. **** or get off the pot, boys.

CHISOXFAN13
09-25-2008, 12:37 AM
Cliff Lee has allowed 30 hits and 12 earned runs in his last three outings. He hasn't exactly been the same pitcher he was the first five months of the season.

And it will be Buerhle for us. Why the **** is everyone conceding that game?

KingXerxes
09-25-2008, 12:37 AM
Lip - When this season started, I had under .500, fourth place expectations. I didn't think the White Sox roster had enough depth to compete.

Now they're down to the last five games of the year, with a decent shot at winning the division. Even with their recent woes, I think this team is actually overachieving, so I don't get too aggravated.

I hold out hope in the playoffs that our "schitzo" offense will get red hot. We'll see. If they're good enough to get there, then they'll get there. If they don't, then they didn't deserve to be there.

They'll get there.

JB98
09-25-2008, 12:41 AM
Cliff Lee has allowed 30 hits and 12 earned runs in his last three outings. He hasn't exactly been the same pitcher he was the first five months of the season.

I feel we will take two out of three from the Indians. We're 51-26 at home this season. Home is where the wins are.

But we've GOT TO WIN TOMORROW, or else we're going to be looking at playing that extra game against Detroit just for the right to host a one-game playoff with the Twins.

CHISOXFAN13
09-25-2008, 12:48 AM
I feel we will take two out of three from the Indians. We're 51-26 at home this season. Home is where the wins are.

But we've GOT TO WIN TOMORROW, or else we're going to be looking at playing that extra game against Detroit just for the right to host a one-game playoff with the Twins.

Couldn;t agree more. We still control our own destiny. Until we don't, I will focus on the positives.

LoveYourSuit
09-25-2008, 01:01 AM

That would put him ahead of Javy and Richard in our rotation.

4 runs per game?

I don't even think our offense is capable of matching that.

CHISOXFAN13
09-25-2008, 01:20 AM
That would put him ahead of Javy and Richard in our rotation.

4 runs per game?

I don't even think our offense is capable of matching that.

Concede it then. And join the rest of the dark clouds. Bernstein wannabe.

captain54
09-25-2008, 02:05 AM
Lip - When this season started, I had under .500, fourth place expectations. I didn't think the White Sox roster had enough depth to compete.

Now they're down to the last five games of the year, with a decent shot at winning the division. Even with their recent woes, I think this team is actually overachieving, so I don't get too aggravated.

If the Sox had come back from a 20 game deficit and were where they are now, 1/2 game in 1st with a handful to play, most of us here would be ecstatic and all jacked up. The reality is we have owned first place most of the year and are in danger of not making it to the postseason. So it's all relative.

Sure, they will have a better record than 2007, but the goal for every team at the end of the year is to try to make the postseason. The division was very winnable this year, and who knows when the Sox will have another opportunity like they did this year to move way ahead of the pack.

The only thing that will put me in a better mood if the Sox blow this, is I don't have to answer for the meltdown like Kenny, Ozzie, Greg Walker and some of the players will. Because I feel that somewhere, somehow, someone will pay.

Johnny Mostil
09-25-2008, 08:35 AM
usually the Royals roll over and die against anyone in the division not named the White Sox.

Eh, not quite. Royals' record against the ALC this year:
Sox: 6-12
Indians: 8-10
Tigers: 11-7
Twins: 4-11

Royals' record against the ALC last year:
Sox: 6-12
Indians: 7-11
Tigers: 7-11
Twins: 9-9

Yeah, that 4-11 record against the Twins this year ain't encouraging, but even if it were 11-4 it wouldn't mean anything about this weekend. I'm a helluva lot more worried about the Sox taking care of their own business than I am about the damn Royals.

I'll put it another way: if the Sox win tonight, then I think they'll make it. If they don't, then I'm more likely to think their crappy record in the Dome, including a sweep this week by the Twins, will have had a helluva lot more to do with falling short than "only" winning 12 of 18 from the Royals.

BeviBall!
09-25-2008, 08:45 AM
The point is, the Sox controlled their own destiny and wouldn't have to scoreboard watch if they just won their own games. That all goes away if they lose tonight.

Why would anyone count on KC? I'd rather just be pleasantly surprised.