PDA

View Full Version : Monday vs Murder City Kitties??????

Fenway
09-24-2008, 11:35 PM
NESN announcer Don Orsillo just got the word from TBS to start preparing for a game Monday with Detroit. TBS has the rights to any game played after the 28th.

Orsillo would also call the playoff game with the Twins.

thomas35forever
09-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Not now Fens. We're all wallowing away in self-pity.

Harry Potter
09-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Seriously, go gargle the Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots, et al

DSpivack
09-24-2008, 11:40 PM
...If necessary.

chisoxmike
09-24-2008, 11:46 PM
But the Red Sox clinched a playoff spot, right? Just making sure.

Fenway
09-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Not now Fens. We're all wallowing away in self-pity.

Trust me I am feeling your pain.

But the reality is there is a very good likelihood hood that Tigers game will have to be played.

TBS is also watching the Mets-Brewers situation which means we could see 2 games on Monday.

Dub25
09-25-2008, 12:00 AM
NESN announcer Don Orsillo just got the word from TBS to start preparing for a game Monday with Detroit. TBS has the rights to any game played after the 28th.

Orsillo would also call the playoff game with the Twins.

Fenway, I always enjoy your imput but I have to ask, being a Sox fan of the red color, why do you come here? I don't mean it in an unfriendly matter but I don't go to Boston boards. Just wondering.

Lip Man 1
09-25-2008, 12:24 AM
The Detroit Free Press is reporting that Freddy Garcia could start Monday. How ironic would that be?

Especially after the Sox had discussions about him this summer and decided to pass.

Lip

doublem23
09-25-2008, 12:36 AM
The Detroit Free Press is reporting that Freddy Garcia could start Monday. How ironic would that be?

Especially after the Sox had discussions about him this summer and decided to pass.

Lip

Considering he tossed 3 taters to the Royals last night, I wouldn't mind.

:shrug:

LoveYourSuit
09-25-2008, 12:42 AM

Lip

O brother, here comes the no hitter.

Just fitting.

Frontman
09-25-2008, 12:52 AM

Lip

With Freddy on the mound, even Paulie would have a shot at stealing a bag......

salty99
09-25-2008, 10:09 AM
With Freddy on the mound, even Paulie would have a shot at stealing a bag......

He already has 2 this year.

oeo
09-25-2008, 10:12 AM
But the Red Sox clinched a playoff spot, right? Just making sure.

Yeah, Papelbitch is still acting like an idiot, too.

Lip

The team needs to take him out Sunday night. :wink:

Fenway
09-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Just win tonight. I have to admit it didn't dawn on me that any tie-breaker with Minnesota HAS to be on Tuesday because of the Tigers game.

Good friend of mine had Scout seats for the Saturday night game and has been told those are the tickets good for Monday IF.

An Indians players was saying in a Boston bar last night they don't want to see another team clinch like they did on Tuesday here in Boston. However Lee appears to be gassed as he was way down on the radar 2 nights ago.

salty99
09-25-2008, 10:40 AM
I just talked to my rep and she said they probably won't post the Monday gametime until Sunday. What a joke!

Fenway
09-25-2008, 10:58 AM
I just talked to my rep and she said they probably won't post the Monday gametime until Sunday. What a joke!

The problem is TBS would put a National League playoff in prime time ESPECIALLY if Mets are involved. Brewers and Mets in a tie right now. If there is a NL game a White Sox game would be in the afternoon.

Compounding this mess if that it looks like New York will get hit by a major storm startling tonight and may last until Sunday. It appears to be one nasty Nor'easter and it is doubtful the Mets will escape it.

esbrechtel
09-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Fenway, I always enjoy your imput but I have to ask, being a Sox fan of the red color, why do you come here? I don't mean it in an unfriendly matter but I don't go to Boston boards. Just wondering.

Because we are awesome....duh

DaveFeelsRight
09-25-2008, 12:14 PM
If things keep going the way they are now, we would have to play the game.

Lundind1
09-25-2008, 02:28 PM
I would still, if it happens, like my chances of the Sox winning that game on Monday. Still, I need some brain and nerve tonic to get through it all without a complete meltdown.

Brian26
09-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Just win tonight. I have to admit it didn't dawn on me that any tie-breaker with Minnesota HAS to be on Tuesday because of the Tigers game.

What on earth is this Tigers game you're talking about? This is the first I've heard of it.

Malgar 12
09-25-2008, 07:57 PM
What on earth is this Tigers game you're talking about? This is the first I've heard of it.

Make-up of the rainout.

Brian26
09-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Make-up of the rainout.

I thought the teal was implied.

SaltyPretzel
09-26-2008, 10:38 AM
For what it's worth, Stubhub has the game listed as a 1:00 start.

Fenway
09-26-2008, 12:01 PM
For what it's worth, Stubhub has the game listed as a 1:00 start.

The weather mess in the Northeast almost guarantees the Mets and/or Phillies will have to finish on Monday. It will take a miracle to play 3 games at Shea this weekend as the storm is expected to dump as much rain as the storm that hit Chicago 2 weeks ago.

Problem is Shea Stadium has the worst drainage in baseball and the outfield floods easily. Philadelphia at least has a new ballpark so they might get their games in.

Compounding this is the fact that Shea is scheduled to close and the Mets will beg MLB not to move the games.