PDA

View Full Version : *Official* "We are in trouble" 9/24/2008 Postgame Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Viva Medias B's
09-24-2008, 09:52 PM
This is looking like a slow and painful death. Let's hope that is not what this is.

getonbckthr
09-24-2008, 09:53 PM
That could have been our season right there.

mealfred13
Why am I going to the game on Friday?

oeo
Offense has killed us this whole trip, and I said before the series that they would make or break it. Today, they broke it.

doublem23
Garbage. If they lose tomorrow, it might be over.

munchman33
09-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Congratz guys. No one thought you'd get this far. It was a great season.

Harry Potter
Can't wait to hear Ozzie defend his decision to go with Wise at lead-off tonite after he did such a stellar job in three crucial at bats tonite :angry:

**** you Carlos Gomez :angry:

nasox
Let's get them tomorrow. The season is on the line tomorrow. Lose and we've likely ended our season. Win and we'll be in business.

LoveYourSuit
Get them tomorrow boys.

It's a marathon not a sprint.

cnw8052
Are the Sox going to show up for this series? Is their plane still stuck in KC or something?

BeviBall!
If that's what we call sense of urgency, see you next year.

sox102

I'm asking myself the same thing.

soxfanreggie
Well, I don't know what's worse...being sick over the Sox or actually being sick. I don't know which one is making me throw up here.

Ozzie needs to lock the locker room door and have a nice little fire up session. :angry: Tomorrow is a MUST WIN, and it's going to be TOUGH!

Pear-Zin-Ski
Man...I want to ****ing scream right now...this should've been a win....

Gavin better imitate Jesus tomorrow....

JUribe1989
NO Wise tomorrow. NO Wise. Play Swisher for Godssake. I can't believe I actually am calling for Nick Swisher to play, but we just need something to get us going. Switch things up, damnit Ozzie DAMNIT!

We need tomorrow's win so bad. There is no way anyone can possibly spin that.

doublem23

Because no matter what, you'll miss it in the middle of winter.

guillensdisciple
I have just exploded, sigh.

Floyd is going to have a lot of pressure on him tomorrow..

I think he will lose tomorrow, there is no way he will prove me wrong again.

ChiSoxGirl
This is looking like a slow and painful death. Let's hope that is not what this is.

Damn, what a nightmare! I'm glad I just got home at 9:30p from my 6p dinner plans! Panic button, anyone??? The Twins and their horseshoe (per Ed Farmer) can go to hell. :angry:

Mots09
Wow this team can't hit, and it's so brutal to watch..

BigP50
all we have to do is win tomorrow and we should be fine.

munchman33
Garbage. If they lose tomorrow, it might be over.

Might? The Twins get the Royals while we're playing the hottest team in baseball. It's likely over now.

thomas35forever
09-24-2008, 09:55 PM
If this was indeed our season, it sure summed it up. We let Blackburn off the hook because our offense couldn't do ****. Like I said, I've already got a bad feeling about tomorrow.

LoveYourSuit

Fan appreciation dude, get your team poster.

delben91
**** you Carlos Gomez :angry:

****ty game, but that's the line of the night!

:rolling:

sox1970
Go get 'em tomorrow? :shrug:

That's the best I got.

hula
I cannot ****in' believe this! Where are our batters???????? :scratch:

Jurr
There's your season. This team has been in first ONLY because the Twins couldn't win on the road. Now the Sox are showing their typical September speciality, which is choking in the clutch. It's been that way for a decade, save that one year.

oeo
That could have been our season right there.

I don't ****ing get this. Why does everyone keep saying that? If we lose tomorrow night, then you can make those comments, but as of right now we still have a .5 game lead. A win tomorrow makes that a 1.5.

hi im skot
http://www.toastalicious.com/images/toastHistory.gif

This team is done.

Dub25
Pray for a miracle because first place is gone in roughly 24 hours.

Domeshot17
I felt good about today's game, I don't anymore.

I know people will roll their eyes, but if it isn't clear through 2 games the Twins have 10000% the energy and life we do, and seem to want it a lot more than we do, I have no idea what game you are watching.

Wise killed us in the leadoff spot tonight. This team is just collapsing. Now Tomorrow is a must win. We lose, I don't see us making the playoffs.

munchman33
****ty game, but that's the line of the night!

:rolling:

That made me laugh too. :D:

09-24-2008, 09:56 PM
What if the Sox win tomorrow, or have you conceded tomorrow's game already?

Evman5
I'm sorry but that blown call was the difference....that ump flat out cost us a game and possible the AL central

Sure our 3-4-5 did nothing...and there was no guarentee we would win the game...but that was just an awful call

getonbckthr
We waste a very good game from Buerhle. We blow numerous oppertunities. Whatever our fate is for this season god damn do I pray Kenny makes serious lineup changes for 09.

Mohoney
5 innings to get one damn run, and we can't do it. Mark Buehrle deserved a lot better than what he got. Disgusting.

Jurr
all we have to do is win tomorrow and we should be fine.
Yeah, and all I have to do is grow some different anatomical parts and I'd be a woman. This team is going down fast, and in reality they've been going down for a while.

oeo
There's your season. This team has been in first ONLY because the Twins couldn't win on the road. Now the Sox are showing their typical September speciality, which is choking in the clutch. It's been that way for a decade, save that one year.

Wow, how many times am I going to have to read, 'that is the season?' Hate to break it to you, but nope, it's not. Sox have more pressure on them than they did before, but it will still take a sweep for the Twins to win this division.

kraut83
Our offense is ****ing pathetic.

guillensdisciple
you know why we lost this ****ing series???/ Because a bunch of ****ing retards were more then satisfied by taking 1 of 3 in this series. That kind of crap runs down the whole team mentality. "Eh we just lost game 1, alright not bad 1 out of 2, oh well we lost game 2, now we have to win tomorrow". The pressure was on the Twins, the white sox have **** their pants, and now they will pay the price.

illini81887
09-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Thats a bunch of loser crap talk

TheOldRoman
Mark had an absolutely terrible call go against him, and it cost him a run. He didn't have his best stuff tonight, but he battled. He came up big. Of course, the umpire who blew the call will not be held accountable, but hey, its all good!

You can't say enough about the offense, because they are not enough words in the English language to describe how horribly shameful it is. If the offense had be close to respectable the whole year, we would have clinched the division a week ago. The offense was beyond abysmal in yesterday's game, but Vazquez "bailed them out". Well, it all falls on them tonight. Absolutely disgusting performance.

DrGiggles
No dark horses at all. This is OURS to make or break. We have been waiting since 1906 to get in the playoffs back with the Cubs and we must do it. No matter what happens tomorrow we have a great chance with the Indians and either way we had a good season.

doublem23
Might? The Twins get the Royals while we're playing the hottest team in baseball. It's likely over now.

Weren't we all supposed to worry about the Royals last weekend? :scratch:

P.S. The "hottest team in baseball" is also on a 2-game skid.

I'd be willing to bet whoever wins tomorrow wins the whole thing.

Harry Potter
I really don't want to see a DHL/USPS envelope tomorrow from 333 W. 35th Street. It will only add to the state of depression I feel right now. :(:

BadBobbyJenks
Crushing loss to us as fans hopefully not those boys on the field. Gavin needs to bring the brass set tomorrow.

What a play by Carlos Gomez.

A. Cavatica
The Sox have bungled this into a one-game playoff...at the Metrodome.

Sigh.

JohnnyInnsbrook
I'm sorry but that blown call was the difference....that ump flat out cost us a game and possible the AL central

It doesnt matter... sox still dont win 2-2

kevingrt
Go get 'em tomorrow? :shrug:

That's the best I got.

All we got really is a rookie right hander tomorrow to save our butts. We need #34 in such a big way tomorrow.

JB98
5 innings to get one damn run, and we can't do it. Mark Buehrle deserved a lot better than what he got. Disgusting.

Yeah. Buehrle caught some bad breaks early, but then he manned up.

This offense is in yet another September coma. If we miss the playoffs, somebody has to pay.

twentywontowin
Even though our offense was stale, we should be tied 2-2 right now in the bottom of the 9th on the blown call.

Still in first place, we'll get them tomorrow.

Konerko05
09-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Buehrle pitches his ****ing ass off. He battled though a inconsistent strike zone and a plethora of broken bat hits to keep the Sox in this one.

Sox offense can't even muster up three runs. Dewayne Wise leaves 6 guys on base. Jermaine Dye looks absolutely pathetic at the plate.

Sox have one last shot to salvage the season tomorrow. I can't say I really have any confidence at all. Without Quentin this lineup is absolute garbage. Don't try to say one hitter can't change an entire lineup. It can because it did.

Let's go Floyd. Complete game shutout or this team is ****ed.

Tragg
I thought the 2nd inning epitomized the difference in these 2 teams.
Sox get a leadoff double, then a grounder moves that runner to 3rd and he scores on another groundout...Ozzie-ball. We then get 3 consecutive hits and Wise leaves them stranded. 4 hits, including a double and 1 run.
The Twins get 2 infield hits and a single to center and they score; we then walk a batter and they get a run on a groundout.
Sox - 4 hits, including a double = 1 run
Twins - 3 hits, two of which were infield hits = 2 runs.

doublem23
Thats a bunch of loser crap talk

That's what munch specializes in. I'm sure he's at home, giddy that it looks like the Twins might pull this thing off so he can tell us all how he was right this winter.

Domeshot17
Get them tomorrow boys.

At this time in the year, you better believe its a sprint. Its an all out, give it your all sprint.

It is STILL what bothers me most about this team, they always think they have a tomorrow. Grow a pair and play like every game is your last.

D'Sphitz

Sure our 3-4-5 did nothing...and there was no guarentee we would win the game...but that was just an awful call

In fairness, the bad calls went both ways tonight. It could be rather convincingly argued that Thome actually struck out 3 times rather than once.

BeviBall!

At worst it's 2-2. How long until MacDougal gives up that 3rd run? It didn't help but Wise's 6 LOB and the fact we need 4 hits in an inning to score are the reason.

DaveFeelsRight
09-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Even though our offense was stale, we should be tied 2-2 right now in the bottom of the 9th on the blown call.

Still in first place, we'll get them tomorrow.agreed.

Adele_H
Offense has killed us this whole trip, and I said before the series that they would make or break it. Today, they broke it.

Oh please.

Vazquez was the biggest culprit of game 1 (along with Griffey).

Today our "ace" put the team into a 3-1 hole (lucky it wasn't 5-1), forcing the predictably Corpseball offense to work uphill all game long.

ChiSoxGirl

For the same reason I am... you thought that'd be the clincher. I'm going on Sunday, too! I guess I'm either a glutton for punishment, or I love baseball that much. :shrug:

Lefty34
That was an absolutely pitiful team I saw out there tonight, save for Buehrle. I am disgusted. I don't think I want to wear my Sox hat to class tomorrow.

BigP50
does Jim Thome realize he has to get his bat off his shoulder?

LoveYourSuit

Don't be a child like Hawk and start whinning about the umps.

Think of the AJ game vs TB, and I'm sure there are plenty of other games.

It all balances out at the end.

3-4-5 YOU GUYS ARE A ****ING JOKE.

Donate your paychecks to charity *******s.

Where have I heard this before, the Twins executed when they had to, the Sox didn't.

getonbckthr
I don't ****ing get this. Why does everyone keep saying that? If we lose tomorrow night, then you can make those comments, but as of right now we still have a .5 game lead. A win tomorrow makes that a 1.5.
Momentum is my reasoning. Twins confidence right now is through the roof. On the other hand the Sox spirit is shattered. They are buying into the history we have in that ****hole of a stadium.

PeteWard
Get them tomorrow. If they don't, this will a major choke.:(:

I don't know why, but i'm feeling really confident about tomorrow's game, I just feel that gavin is just going to flat out shut them down. He did it in july, and I expect that he will do the same tomorrow. At least I hope....

ChicagoHoosier
It doesnt matter... sox still dont win 2-2

Agreed!

As well as the blown call at 2nd didn't make us lose 3/4 to Toronto and 3/4 in New York. I hate when people pinpoint one single call that doesn't even COST us the game as the season-ending umpire call.

kevingrt
09-24-2008, 10:00 PM
At worst it's 2-2. How long until MacDougal gives up that 3rd run? It didn't help but Wise's 6 LOB and the fact we need 4 hits in an inning to score are the reason.

No one hit in the clutch today or yesterday. Unfortunately Wise was up there for two of the AB's tonight. I don't know if anyone else would have done any better.

HawkDJ
None of this is surprising to me. We do this **** every year but it's always equally disappointing.

Suddenly all the pressure is on the White Sox in Minnesota...I'm not liking where this is heading. Epic collapse for sure.

Harry Potter
Yeah, and all I have to do is grow some different anatomical parts and I'd be a woman.

:scratch: Issues man issues

Bucky F. Dent
Well, I don't know what's worse...being sick over the Sox or actually being sick. I don't know which one is making me throw up here.

Ozzie needs to lock the locker room door and have a nice little fire up session. :angry: Tomorrow is a MUST WIN, and it's going to be TOUGH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLMl0CLIDLg

It's either this or cry.

guillensdisciple

Still in first place, we'll get them tomorrow.
Don't you dare excuse this horrible offense!

They say the Sox win at home, the Twins win at home.

We get swept tomorrow, the Twins probably sweep the Royals at home... especially since they sweep the sox. The Sox probably won't sweep the indians. Season over.

A lot of angry white sox fans, including myself.

DaveFeelsRight
please ozzie, dont start dye tomorrow

Red Barchetta
This team reminds me so much of the Manuel era team that was so damn hot/cold I never knew which team would show up.

One_Dog
No excuses, but that bad call on the pickoff at second was terrible and cost us the game.

Twins are garbage at this field with their dink hits and softball field right field fence.

I'm going to the game tomorrow, so lets hope we can take control of this thing.

WS record during my attendance this year:

0-2

EuroSox35
09-24-2008, 10:01 PM
A big **** you to Jermaine Dye and Jim Thome today. They deserved to be called out just as badly as Vazquez was yesterday.

Buehrle started off the game just like Vazquez (omg, he had a terrible pitch to Kubel too, lynch him!), amazing what can happen when you're given the chance to rebound and aren't playing mindgames with your own manager...

Viva Medias B's
1 game ahead in the loss column.

AZChiSoxFan
Get them tomorrow boys.

Well, that's true. However, when in a marathon, if you get to the last 50 yards and two runners are neck and neck, the marathon has just turned into a sprint. Unfortunately, I think the Sox just tripped and fell while the Twins kept running.

I just want to cozy up with a bottle of any type of hard liquor and start crying.

oeo
Oh please.

Vazquez was the biggest culprit of game 1 (along with Griffey).

Today our "ace" put the team into a 3-1 hole (lucky it wasn't 5-1), forcing the predictably Corpseball offense to work uphill all game long.

Oh please, yourself. I didn't say the offense blew the game yesterday; that was a terrible effort all around. Starting pitching, bullpen, offense, all terrible. Tonight is on the offense...how the **** can you blame that on Buehrle? 3 runs (all cheap...one of them was a gift from the umpires) in 7 innings. Yep, definitely his fault.

They let Blackburn off the hook like they let Hughes off the hook last week. Terrible effort this entire road trip from the offense. And to think, we had that big double header sweep coming into the road trip...things looked up.

swish
I can't believe how many of you have already given up! This team is going to make the playoffs. We are 1/2 a game up on the twins. We lose tomorrow we are a half game down and that will most likely mean we will have to play those two extra games, one of which is against the twins at home! DON'T STOP BELIEVING! I can't believe you guys call yourselves fans, you should be with your team through thick and thin! GO SOX!!!!!!

Jurr
Wow, how many times am I going to have to read, 'that is the season?' Hate to break it to you, but nope, it's not. Sox have more pressure on them than they did before, but it will still take a sweep for the Twins to win this division.
Tune in tomorrow for more of the same from this spineless baseball team.

kruzer31
09-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Unfourtunatley when you lose the AL MVP for the final month of the season it will catch up to you, i think it finally has. Nothing you can do, its baseball......its not like our guys are not trying to hit the ball. We miss Q, plain and simple.

J

chisoxmike
**** this team. These guys are a ****ing joke.

Mark Buehrle throws his HEART out! 120+ pitches and this team lays a ****ing egg for him.

This team has no guts. They are a gutless team.

Every year the Sox get spooked by the Twins. Every year.

They don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

**** 'em.

Mots09
I would like to see Ba in starting line up tomorrow.

sunofgold
What if Uribe's hit makes it up the middle to the OF. There is a run. Of course, the bad call cost us a run. We hit some balls hard that were outs.

This season is going to go down to the wire. Could possibly go down to the extra game w/Det and/or tie-breaker with Min.

We have played well against CLE at home. Don't forget that. It isn't over until you are mathematically eliminated.

XOS
As Hawk would say, the Sox season is OVER!

Don't be a child like Hawk and start whinning about the umps.

I would say he took it too far but he was spot on 100% correct about the call at 2nd base. And he also criticized the White Sox 3, 4, 5 hitter big time and he was right about that too.

The umpiring didn't lose the game, obviously the call at 2nd base was brutal and it didn't help, but this is on the Sox hitters. DeWayne Wise sticks out in my mind, he had 3 opportunities to get something done and came up empty. Not what you want from a leadoff hitter.

thomas35forever
I never thought I'd say this, but this year has potential to be worse than '03, and that's saying something.

Tragg
I take it that if we end up in a tie, a playoff game will be played in Minny?

Viva Medias B's
No excuses, but that bad call on the pickoff at second was terrible and cost us the game.

Good teams overcome blown calls.

twentywontowin
Agreed!

As well as the blown call at 2nd didn't make us lose 3/4 to Toronto and 3/4 in New York. I hate when people pinpoint one single call that doesn't even COST us the game as the season-ending umpire call.

The difference is in those road games, we blew it. Nobody else. We did it to ourselves.

This game, the umpire blew it for us.

Huge difference.

You can go back and look at what games we lost in the past, but the thing is we lost this one tonight.

We'll get them tomorrow.

getonbckthr
please ozzie, dont start dye tomorrow
You live with your best and die with your best.
Is there any slight possibility Quentin could be available for the series finally?

BigP50
also the Tigers have nothing to play for so if we play them, we should win.

HangWiffum
this is bad folks. real bad.

Evman5
Agreed!

You know what...I'll take my chances with a 2-2 game rather than being down 3-2.....

I don't care about those other games...this one was the one that mattered today....and the ump blew an easy call

doublem23
09-24-2008, 10:03 PM
What if the Sox win tomorrow, or have you conceded tomorrow's game already?

Tomorrow's winner = 2008 AL Central winner.

cheezheadsoxfan
Because no matter what, you'll miss it in the middle of winter.

Great answer. My favorite baseball quote which I'm sure we all know but still. . .

"It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone." Source: The Green Fields of the Mind (Yale Alumni Magazine, November 1977

A. Bartlett Giamatti
Commisioner of Baseball

DaveFeelsRight
fun fact, since 2000, the only time the sox made the playoffs is if they have a winning record against the twins

Dub25
What will make this worse is when the Twins get into the playoffs they will get bounced as usual. Yes, they play fundamental ball but they only win this division when somebody underachives or hands them the division which is usually the Sox. Its not like they are world beaters.

hi im skot

No.

forte

Mark Buehrle throws his HEART out! 120+ pitches and this team lays a ****ing egg for him.

**** 'em.

I think that sums it up as best as humanly possible

Dub25
What will make this worse is when the Twins get into the playoffs they will get bounced as usual. Yes, they play fundamental ball but they only win this division when somebody underachives or hands them the division which is usually the Sox. Its not like they are world beaters.

And right now Melton is saying the same thing on the post game show.

Droso5
09-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Golly gosh Beeve'! I sure wish the mighty White Sox showed up to those series with Baltimore and KC!

Jurr
This team reminds me so much of the Manuel era team that was so damn hot/cold I never knew which team would show up.
The minute KW starting stocking up on more one-dimensional ballplayers, this team became a Jerry Manuel team again. We know this is over because we have seen this all before.

Parrothead
We done. Start making your plans for October.

oeo

No, we won the toss. We still have tomorrow to force that playoff, though. We lose tomorrow and the Twins have the season series 10-8.

Tomorrow is the deciding factor in the division. We lose, and it's the Twins division to lose...we win, and it's ours to lose.

Harry Potter
also the Tigers have nothing to play for so

All the more reason for them to play the role of spoiler, with Freddy "Big Game" Garcia returning to Chicago to hunt us down

AZChiSoxFan
09-24-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't know why, but i'm feeling really confident about tomorrow's game, I just feel that gavin is just going to flat out shut them down. He did it in july, and I expect that he will do the same tomorrow. At least I hope....

You, my friend, are possibly the most optimistic person I've ever encountered.

I will be shocked if the Sox don't lose by double digits tomorrow.

Sockinchisox
Is there any slight possibility Quentin could be available for the series finally?

No, Quentin isn't getting evaluated by doctors until Friday.

PeoriaSoxFan
Tomorrow is freaking huge. Aren't we due to get hot for one game??? :scratch:

Dub25
Floyd better have his A+ game plus some help from the man above because if tomorrow's game starts like tonight's... I don't think he wil rebound like Mark did tonight.

Lundind1
I am going to partially blame the umpire who blew that call at second tonight. I believe that that **** ass call cost us the game and possibly the season. I understand how the bats just didn't do it tonight but seriously, when is MLB going to serious about the ****ing **** umpires this year. I know I am venting, but why else in hell would you institute replay in the middle of the season if you had confidence in the umps to make the correct call. **** the umps, **** the Twins, and most importantly.....it was time that we did something, and we **** the bed.

What a shame after a decent season.:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

doublem23

No, at the Cell.

TomBradley72

Well said. Other than 2005 (which is a huge "other") the 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2008 teams are not that different than the 2001-2003 Manuel teams. Every Sox manager seems to start as a leader who prioritizes speed, defense, fundamentals....then within a season or two..it's 16" softball time with a roster full of 1B/LF/DH types.

All I can say is...the Brewers won tonight. So if the Cubs beat the Mets...the Brew Crew is tied for the Wild Card.

Go Cubs! :duck:

D'Sphitz

Yeah they're good at the one-and-done postseason appearances, but that's no excuse. That the "sox could go further" is irrelevant. Fact is, both the Twins and Sox demonstrate how pathetic this division is, in a perfect world neither would be anywhere near the playoffs.

hi im skot
I'm not sure my heart is even really in it anymore...sort of like much of the team, I'm afraid.

Parrothead
09-24-2008, 10:06 PM

3 runs is not pitching your heart out. 0 or 1 run is.

TheOldRoman
Might? The Twins get the Royals while we're playing the hottest team in baseball. It's likely over now.You are right, it would suck to have to play the hottest team in baseball. Oopsies! That would be the Royals.

Jurr
Good teams overcome blown calls.
Yup, and your '08 Sox minus Quentin and Crede just aren't. Not sure if those two would've even have made that much of a difference.

ChicagoHoosier
For all those complaining about the umps, didn't that bad call happen in the 2nd inning? Didn't we get 7 more innings to make up for one bad call?

Did Gomez score on that very call, or was it later in the inning he scored?

Just making sure...

cws05champ
I think Ozzie has lost this team. The crap he says to Vazquez though the media and putting a **** lineup out there and not managing to the situations. Unbeleiveable!!! And what was with Swisher after he got the walk and went back to the dugout...the usually peppy Swish turned his back on players that were going to congratulate him and headed into the clubhouse.

I was pounding my fist into the couch tonight...it's so frustrating watching these slow sluggers not do ANYTHING! :angry:

LoveYourSuit
Quick, someone go update the comical magic number thread.

"Magic number is 5 with only 4 season games remaining on the schedule + 1 make up."

If the Sox lose this division is because the Twins have run out of games to lose.

WhiteSox5187
What tonight and this series as a whole, demonstrates is that teams that can run, play defense and execute beat teams that sit around all night waiting for a homerun. For the stat heads at BP and those who bow at the altar of OPS and wonder how it is that we keep losing to the Twins when we have an allegedly better offense, it's quite simple, the Twins do things to force a defense to make plays. We don't. If we don't hit HRs, we don't score.

We have done our best to piss away this division and it might have just ended tonight as we are now leaking oil three lanes wide. Javy set the tone with this series before he threw a pitch by saying "Well, I get to go back to my big house in Puerto Rico," the way the rest of this team is playing (outside of Buerhle tonight) it looks like they're thinking "Hey, that's not a bad idea."

Domeshot17
This is the team Kenny built. Live and Die by the 3 run homer. The problem with that is once you stop living on it, you die. Too bad the Sox can't play themselves, then they could just let themselves back into the series instead of playing a team that knows how to go for the jugular.

Woofer
I am so mad right now, I could spit. This is exactly the way I saw this all coming down. A win tomorrow would be nice, I wish that there was something to be happy about. These guys are killing me.:(:

chisoxmike

After a ****ty start in the first two innings, then shutting the team down pitching 120 pitches. I'd say that's pitching your heart out.

MCHSoxFan

Yeah IT BETTER NOT BE!!! God damn it White Sox. In 1st and then just ****ing letting it go. WE MUST WIN TOMORROW!!! HERE ON WSI people say oh it that game this game is not a MUST win... TOMORROW IS!!! If we are .5 back we are not winning. I mean KC @ MIN? Thank God I got my Bulls Season Tickets today.

NEW GRIDER RULE: Grinder Ball. Rule #1. Win. Or Let The Twins Win Tryin'.

doublem23
All the more reason for them to play the role of spoiler, with Freddy "Big Game" Garcia returning to Chicago to hunt us down

Or, they'll get blown out since it doesn't matter at all for them. :dunno:

hi im skot
I am going to partially blame the umpire who blew that call at second tonight. I believe that that **** ass call cost us the game and possibly the season. I understand how the bats just didn't do it tonight but seriously, when is MLB going to serious about the ****ing **** umpires this year. I know I am venting, but why else in hell would you institute replay in the middle of the season if you had confidence in the umps to make the correct call. **** the umps, **** the Twins, and most importantly.....it was time that we did something, and we **** the bed.

Save some of those f-bombs for Dewayne Wise. What a waste.

CHISOXFAN13
09-24-2008, 10:07 PM

You realzie the Royals have a better record in their last 10 than the "hottest team in baseball" does?

I'm guessing not because you never really have a clue.

Tragg
No, we won the toss. We still have tomorrow to force that playoff, though. We lose tomorrow and the Twins have the season series 10-8.

Tomorrow is the deciding factor in the division. We lose, and it's the Twins division to lose...we win, and it's ours to lose.
So that's the tiebreaker? - the winner of the seasonal series? Is that a new rule? They used to always play a playoff game if you end up tied.

getonbckthr
Anyone who thinks Detroit would lay an egg against us is poorly mistaken. Espcially the way we have pounded them. You think Maggs wouldn't want to stick it to us? I'm willing to bet Renteria would love knowing he knocked Cabrera out.

Dub25
The minute KW starting stocking up on more one-dimensional ballplayers, this team became a Jerry Manuel team again. We know this is over because we have seen this all before.

Good call, I'm hoping that if the Twins take this then maybe... just maybe KW will get the players Ozzie wants. If Ozzie had the crap the Twins have I think he wins the division every year.

doublem23

Somebody didn't watch the game today!

Blueprint1
09-24-2008, 10:08 PM

Seriously, shut the **** up. Giving up 3 runs is good enough to win the game. The hitting has to come through.

JB98

No, none.

Lundind1

He still pitched his butt off. What an effort.

LoveYourSuit
For all those complaining about the umps, didn't that bad call happen in the 2nd inning? Didn't we get 7 more innings to make up for one bad call?

Just making sure...

People forget how the umps have helped us big time in the past.

Hawk is a whinny little bitch about this. I wish Stoney can punch some sense into his brain next year about him being a child on the air.

Calls get blown BOTH WAYS ALL THE TIME.

oeo

Once again, did you people that are whining about this start actually watch how the Twins got their runs? The Sox hit the ball harder than the Twins did tonight.

He did pitch his heart out. If you didn't see it, then you weren't paying attention.

MCHSoxFan

Nope! ONLY season I said we would the division without looking back. Well, yeah, 2006 too. :smile:

CHISOXFAN13

Then I guess we won't see you til Novemeber.

Damn. I was really looking forward to meaningless Wolves posts.

It's Time
Words can't describe watching that game. And just like that, the Twins are now the favorite to win this division. I can't believe it.

doublem23
09-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Oh dear, I certainly hope the Sox win tomorrow, not only for my own sanity, but also so I can cram it in at least 10-15 of your faces.

We're Sox fans. Grow a pair and just learn to deal with it.

Cuck the Fubs
What the **** is wrong with you guys?

Still in first place correct? Yes!

Gavin has been in several of these "must win" games this year and has done his job.

We win tomorrow, take 1.5 lead coming home.

**** the Indians, we'll own their asses at home. I fully expected to leave the Twinkie dome taking one of three.

Guess what, I still think they will, the vast majority of you think the SOx should just go home now.

Get a ****ing spine!:angry:

southsideirish71
So how many of these guys are looking for work come next week. Walk should be preparing his parachute.

Viva Medias B's
I bet it's just a natural overreaction to our evident tailspin, but I am losing faith real fast in both Williams and Guillen.

Dub25
[quote=oeo;2053750]No, we won the toss. We still have tomorrow to force that playoff, though. Tomorrow is the deciding factor in the division.

Doesn't matter what the season series ends in, if they have the same record at the end they play a one game playoff, right?

WhiteSox5187
It really is amazing how much better this team is with Quentin...we're in so much trouble. I think doublem said it earlier, but someone has to pay for this. walker, guillen, Kenny, someone. It's just inexcusable to play like this in this big a series.

cheezheadsoxfan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLMl0CLIDLg

It's either this or cry.

That actually did make me feel better. Thanks!

LoveYourSuit
Now Bill Melton is pampering to the stupid and blaming the Dome.

Hello, watch tapes of the this anemic offense all year. Any road ballpark becomes the infamous "Dome" to them.

EuroSox35

Just making sure...

It's not like they gave up a HR or more runs after that, it was a fielder's choice and then a ground out, should've been 2-2...

thomas35forever
09-24-2008, 10:10 PM

Blame the umps all you want. The offense failed us tonight, and failed us big. I don't even know how else to follow that up. I am just so goddamn depressed right now.

Lefty34
Once again, did you people that are whining about this start actually watch how the Twins got their runs? The Sox hit the ball harder than the Twins did tonight.

He did pitch his heart out. If you didn't see it, then you weren't paying attention.

Or we just weren't watching. Though I could tell he was pitching his all just from watching the Gameday feed on my laptop.

soxwon
Dont give up, its just a small stumblin block in our road to the Title.
We will winn tomm!!!
Is it a day game?

DickAllen72

This offense is in yet another September coma. If we miss the playoffs, somebody has to pay.
The Twins have just been outplaying the Sox in every aspect of the game this series. No surprise there.

Maybe the Sox can slug their way to a victory tomorrow and still salvage this season. I hope so, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

So that's the tiebreaker? - the winner of the seasonal series? Is that a new rule? They used to always play a playoff game if you end up tied.

If they are tied in the standings after 162 then there's a 1 game playoff held at US Cellular Field.

rookie
Well that wasn't fun. But tomorrow is the game that counts. We win tomorrow and we still control our own destiny. (Even if we don't win, we're basically tied). If we don't win the division by Sunday, there's the Detroit game. Then if it's tied, there's the playoff game at our park.

I am not :whiner: yet. It's still too close to say it's over. I have tickets for Saturday and Sunday. You never know what could happen.

This is not the way I wanted to start the series, but the fat lady has not sung yet.

hi im skot

Gavin has been in several of these "must win" games this year and has done his job.

**** the Indians, we'll own their asses at home. I fully expected to leave the Twinkie dome taking one of three.

Guess what, I still think they will, the vast majority of you think the SOx should just go home now.

I'm all for sticking with this team, and I will; I'm there all this coming weekend.

But let's be honest - they haven't exactly given us a reason to have faith.

Nonetheless..."we're with you all the way..."

TomBradley72

Maybe. But comments like this come across like sour grapes to me. They do more with less...than any other franchise and they take huge advantage of their unique (but ****ty) home ballpark. At least we only have one more year until they move into a park that won't have the same impact on the visiting team. Our team is consistently the gutless wonders who can't overcome.

Tragg
It really is amazing how much better this team is with Quentin...we're in so much trouble. .
We'd have been finished by mid-may without him. Hope we can hang on.

doublem23
09-24-2008, 10:11 PM
It really is amazing how much better this team is with Quentin...we're in so much trouble. I think doublem said it earlier, but someone has to pay for this. walker, guillen, Kenny, someone. It's just inexcusable to play like this in this big a series.

Not me, but I would have fired Walker about 4 months ago.

sunofgold
Injuries have been tough this season: Crede, Contreras, Linebrink (for a long time), Quentin.

However, we are still there. Minnesota could be expending all of their energy for this series that they have a letdown in the KC series. Baseball is so unpredictable. You never know.

Just have to keep battling until the battle is over.

One bright thing from today: Linebrink looked decent tonight. If we get him back to speed that helps our bullpen down the stretch.

twentywontowin
In the words of Joe Namath and Mark Messier...

We'll win tomorrow night. I guarantee it.

Droso5
Boy, I sure wish the White Sox didn't give away so many games in April and May! But wait....I thought those games didn't count in the long run, April and May were far to early and we should "talk turkey" come September....well, here we are.

hi im skot
Dont give up, its just a small stumblin block in our road to the Title.
We will winn tomm!!!
Is it a day game?

Da Rev has dropped the ball on this series.

oeo
Doesn't matter what the season series ends in, if they have the same record at the end they play a one game playoff, right?

For the division, I think the playoff only comes after a tie in the season series. The Wild Card is different...a tie in overall records automatically forces a playoff, which is why the Padres and Rockies played last year. Maybe I'm wrong...

chisoxmike
We're Sox fans. Grow a pair and just learn to deal with it.

Come on. This team pisses their pants everytime they have to play a meaningful, season deciding game against the Twins. And they blow it every time.

I'm tired of watching this **** every year.

THE_HOOTER
That's what munch specializes in. I'm sure he's at home, giddy that it looks like the Twins might pull this thing off so he can tell us all how he was right this winter.

But he may have been correct?

Adele_H
. Without Quentin this lineup is absolute garbage. Don't try to say one hitter can't change an entire lineup. It can because it did.

But I thought line-up protection doesn't exist.

Remember how much 2004 team was scoring WITH Frank Thomas vs. WITHOUT Frank Thomas? Stat-geeks were saying it wasn't possible for a one-legged DH to have made that kind of difference in such a short time, but the numbers said otherwise.

Cuck the Fubs
Now Bill Melton is pampering to the stupid and blaming the Dome.

Hello, watch tapes of the this anemic offense all year. Any road ballpark becomes the infamous "Dome" to them.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure the Angels are the ONLY team in the AL with a winning road record.

Wonder if all those other teams fans are jumping from the rooftops......

Dub25

I'm with the majority but I hope you are right. The problem is I've seen this script/ending before in the dome and it doesn't help that Ozzie has the boys spooked to play in this place.

LoveYourSuit
Save some of those f-bombs for Dewayne Wise. What a waste.

A WSI HOF candidate.

Pathetic.

Some people on this board have a very tiny baseball IQ.

Frankie5Angels
09-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Can someone tell me why Dewayne Wise is starting in the middle of a pennant race, I would appreciate it.:scratch:

Thanks

Chisox353014
Seriously, shut the **** up. Giving up 3 runs is good enough to win the game. The hitting has to come through.

Especially this game. Blackburn SUCKED tonight and we couldn't get the big hit when we needed it.

Tragg
If they are tied in the standings after 162 then there's a 1 game playoff held at US Cellular Field.
So if we lose tomorrow, and win the next 3 plus Detroit, we'll tie the Twins at worst, unless I'm reading the standings wrong.

PaleHoser
Even if the Sox run the table and win their remaining games, do you honestly see this team going deep in the post season?

doublem23
Or we just weren't watching. Though I could tell he was pitching his all just from watching the Gameday feed on my laptop.

He pitched very well. Maybe 1 too many walks, but that's the way Mark works. That blown call on Gomez at 2nd hurt, but the offense wasn't there today. You can't only score 2 runs against guys like Nick Blackburn and Boof Bosner.

WhiteSox5187
I bet it's just a natural overreaction to our evident tailspin, but I am losing faith real fast in both Williams and Guillen.
Kenny is who I pin all of my problems on when things go wrong with this team, but I'm losing faith in Guillen too. Ultimately though I blame the guy who put the team together rather than the guy who had to play with the pieces he was given...in the end, neither deserved to be fired.

It's Dankerific
Like I said before.

NO Brian Anderson, NO WINNING
KNOW Brian Anderson, KNOW WINNING

wxkid23
09-24-2008, 10:13 PM
In Slowey's last outing against us he threw a CG 6 hit shutout...

Great....:rolleyes:

TomBradley72
So how many of these guys are looking for work come next week. Walk should be preparing his parachute.

Kenny Williams is the architect of this mess. What hitting coach is going to turnaround our hackers like Wise, Swisher, Uribe, etc.?

Blueprint1

That is what really hurts about this right now. If we had Quentin in the lineup the division would be ours. It feels like the Twins take the division from us in the last month every year.

Tragg
Can someone tell me why Dewayne Wise is starting in the middle of a pennant race, I would appreciate it.:scratch:

Thanks
he's a hot hitter. (until this series)
ozzie loves him.

Leading off was odd.

sox1970
The Sox haven't been swept since Wrigley. I hope that streak continues.

Tomorrow is the season.

EuroSox35
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure the Angels are the ONLY team in the AL with a winning road record.

Wonder if all those other teams fans are jumping from the rooftops......

How could any true Sox fan wonder why Sox fans would be angry or frustrated right now?

doublem23
09-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Even if the Sox run the table and win their remaining games, do you honestly see this team going deep in the post season?

What does that matter? You just have to get there, the rest is a whole lot of wackiness and nonsense that has very little relevance to the regular season. With the pitching the Sox have, it wouldn't be shocking to see them go deep in the play-offs.

thomas35forever
Like I said before.

Are you serious?? You think no Brian Anderson is the cause of all this??!! Good God. Has the whole world gone mad????!!!!!!!!!!

hi im skot
A WSI HOF candidate.

Pathetic.

Some people on this board have a very tiny baseball IQ.

You like Wise? He's had some key hits, but he's nothing more than a fourth or fifth outfielder.

I someday hope to have your baseball IQ.

doublem23
Like I said before.

:rolleyes:

If BA was in instead of Griffy, we lose 3-0.

Awesome. :thumbsup:

Dub25
Maybe. But comments like this come across like sour grapes to me. They do more with less...than any other franchise and they take huge advantage of their unique (but ****ty) home ballpark. At least we only have one more year until they move into a park that won't have the same impact on the visiting team. Our team is consistently the gutless wonders who can't overcome.

I agree it probably sounds like sour grapes but it is easier to take a choke job from a team that is legit... that probably sounds like sour grapes to. Oh well, here's to you buddy. :gulp:

TheOldRoman

**** 'em.Yep, pretty much.

This offense is in yet another September coma. If we miss the playoffs, somebody has to pay.http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2007/05/08/pQrqXxIk.jpg
"What the hell do you want from me? I told them to swing as hard as they can. The pitchers try to fool them with hanging breaking balls over the heart of the plate, but they have to lay off. Wait for that perfect pitch in the dirt or chest high, and pull it 600 feet."

By the way, if I made a drinking game out of Hawk saying "He got a cookie, couldn't do anything with it", I would have been ****ing hammered by the 4th inning.

wxkid23
What does that matter? You just have to get there, the rest is a whole lot of wackiness and nonsense that has very little relevance to the regular season. With the pitching the Sox have, it wouldn't be shocking to see them go deep in the play-offs.

I would like to know how many people saw us going deep in 2005....

Playoffs are all about who gets hot

Blueprint1
How could any true Sox fan wonder why Sox fans would be angry or frustrated right now?

Really, I don't see how we should feel any other way.

voodoochile
09-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Spread sunshine all over the place when you sit on a happy face... :)

FIRST PLACE BABY!!!

Later...

Lip Man 1
The pressure tomorrow is going to be unbelievable on Floyd and the team and they don't react well to it as a whole.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Another good pitching performance, three runs or less, wasted on the wind as Crosby, Stills & Nash sang.

Lip

Tragg
Kenny Williams is the architect of this mess. What hitting coach is going to turnaround our hackers like Wise, Swisher, Uribe, etc.?
Wise and Uribe are bench players, forced to start because of injuy. (wise isn't forced - that's Oz; Crede's injuries were forseeable).
Swisher - yikes.
What the Sox needed was a leadoff hitter for this season - he never found one.

LoveYourSuit
09-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Boy, I sure wish the White Sox didn't give away so many games in April and May! But wait....I thought those games didn't count in the long run, April and May were far to early and we should "talk turkey" come September....well, here we are.

POST OF THE ****ING THREAD RIGHT THERE.

Amen to you.

The Season will not be lost here September or in this dump dome. Take a look at all the pissed opportunities by this club back in the first 3 months.

doublem23

This guy knows what he's talking about!

Parrothead

Nice language ! I never said giving up 3 runs is not good enough to win. I said it is not pitching your heart out. Reading is a skill, one you have to acquire.

SBSoxFan
I thought the 2nd inning epitomized the difference in these 2 teams.
Sox get a leadoff double, then a grounder moves that runner to 3rd and he scores on another groundout...Ozzie-ball. We then get 3 consecutive hits and Wise leaves them stranded. 4 hits, including a double and 1 run.
The Twins get 2 infield hits and a single to center and they score; we then walk a batter and they get a run on a groundout.
Sox - 4 hits, including a double = 1 run
Twins - 3 hits, two of which were infield hits = 2 runs.

That sounds like the difference in the stadium to me. You also left out the blown call.

WhiteSoxOnly
So if we lose tomorrow, and win the next 3 plus Detroit, we'll tie the Twins at worst, unless I'm reading the standings wrong.

You are correct...even if we take another dump tomorrow,it's still in our hands
which is good...i think.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Am extremely tough loss (duh) but what a gutsy performance by Burls.

Lots of posts, in the week or so leading up to this series, acknowledged that the Sox taking 1 of 3 was a real possibility. They can still do that.

Meanwhile, looking for something to distract myself . . . is it possible that Junior is actually beginning to swing the bat a little? I'm not arguing the merits of one OF over another, just hoping that he can help out a little since obviously he is going to play.

kitekrazy
Not me, but I would have fired Walker about 4 months ago.

There is plenty of debate that it's not his fault but I think they need to replace him and get rid of some players who are only good for fantasy leagues.

wasted on the wind as Crosby, Stills & Nash sang.

Lip

Mark, you're usually accurate, this time no.

Not wasted on the wind, but rather ...

Wasted On The Way, from the Daylight Again album, 1982, written by Graham Nash as a commentary about the complex relationships between the aforementioned David Crosby, Graham Nash, and Stephen Stills.

doublem23
09-24-2008, 10:18 PM

Amen to you.

The Season will not be lost here September or in this dump dome. Take a look at all the pissed opportunities by this club back in the first 3 months.

What about the games they've come back to win, such as Quentin's HR against Texas, the sweeper against the Twins when we were down 5-4 in the 7th?

Oh, don't bring those up because they don't support your crap theory. Sorry.

voodoochile

Amen to you.

The post of the thread is... AH CRAP THEY SPILLED THE MILK 4 MONTHS AGO! :scratch:

I guess that speaks to the level of intelligent discourse going on...

FIRST PLACE, BABY!!!:)

Cuck the Fubs
Really, I don't see how we should feel any other way.

Because Floyd is 16 - 8 this season

Because Floyd is 9 -2 following a loss.

Because we haven't been swept in a series since the train wreck at Wrigley.

Because we're still in first place.

Because the Sox are a better team.

Because you never know, that's why they play the games.

Because 95% of Sox fans had this team dead & buried before the season began.

Becaues we've been in first but all of 9 days this season.

Should I keep going?

We're winning the ****ing game tomorrow. Period.

Parrothead
Then I guess we won't see you til Novemeber.

Damn. I was really looking forward to meaningless Wolves posts.

October 18th, the Wovles home opener. Yes, they will be raising the Championship banner for the 4th time. Thanks for reminding me.:thumbsup:

But it does look to be a long season this year for the Wolves.

BadBobbyJenks

I am with you. Gavin the great tomorrow, we just need to scrap across a couple.

It's Time
09-24-2008, 10:19 PM
This is so 2003 Twins and White Sox in September at the dome. Very freaky.

oeo

Thanks

Uh...because Carlos Quentin is hurt, if you haven't heard.

Lundind1
Blame the umps all you want. The offense failed us tonight, and failed us big. I don't even know how else to follow that up. I am just so goddamn depressed right now.

Oh no, I agree totally, but this was egregious, both the bats and the umps. Hats off the Buerhle for doing just about anything that he could.

Adele_H
Tonight is on the offense...how the **** can you blame that on Buehrle? 3 runs (all cheap...one of them was a gift from the umpires) in 7 innings. Yep, definitely his fault.

Wake up, and start thinking about the game a little less one-dimensionally.

a) what you bleat about as "cheap" hits aren't cheap at all. I don't blame you though - as a Sox fan who worships at the altar of a HR, I guess you wouldn't know what a fundamentally sound approach at the plate or real base-hit off a non-mistake pitch looks like.

b) stop whining about bad umpiring. it's unbecoming and inaccurate at that. Buerhle because of his reputation as a control pitcher has benefited from more borderline calls from umps this side of Maddux or Johan.

c) there is situational hitting - but there is also situational pitching. That's why some pitchers pile up Wins after wins,while others sit around .500 mark all their life looking for someone (bullpen, defense, manager, offense) to blame.

I praised Mark Buerhle for holding fort in KC when he didn't give up 3 runs until Sox offense gave him a 6-0 lead. Well, today it was the opposite - he put the team into a hole from the get-go and allowed the ever-mediocre Blackburn to pitch with more confidence & margin for error. Made all the difference in the world in the end.

Was Buerhle bad? No. Was he good (enough)? Not quite good enough. Period.

TommyGavinFloyd
Like I said before.

Your shtick makes you the most annoying poster on this site. Get over yourself, man. :dtroll::dtroll::dtroll:

wxkid23
My last thought of the night is props to Mark.... he didn't have his best stuff but he kept us in the ballgame unlike Javy. He also went high on the pitch count. The offense was to blame here against a pitcher like Blackburn who we had on the ropes all night.

PaleHoser

Agreed. Problem is that I haven't seen the Sox get hot since the May road trip to Seattle/Anaheim/San Francisco.

TheOldRoman
09-24-2008, 10:20 PM
For the division, I think the playoff only comes after a tie in the season series. The Wild Card is different...a tie in overall records automatically forces a playoff, which is why the Padres and Rockies played last year. Maybe I'm wrong...No, we will have a play in game if tied. The ONLY time head2head matters is when both teams have a better record than the other 2nd place teams. Then, the winner of h2h will get the division, the other gets the wildcard. No play in game since they are both in.

hi im skot
The post of the thread is... AH CRAP THEY SPILLED THE MILK 4 MONTHS AGO! :scratch:

I guess that speaks to the level of intelligent discourse going on...

FIRST PLACE, BABY!!!:)

Don't you dare question LoveYourSuit's baseball IQ!

tstrike2000
Was there a game tonight or something?? Well, hopefully we don't get swept tomorrow. Only time will tell, but right now this team looks lathargic as hell.

veeter
I'm still in shock about Clay Aiken.

Seriously, Gavin wins tomorrow.

BadBobbyJenks

I bet on the White Sox every game of October:shrug:

doublem23

Yeah, no matter what if the Sox and Twins have to play a 1-game play-off, the game will be at the Cell. The season series only comes into play if both teams would make the post-season and finish with identical records, then the team that wins the season series wins the division and the team that lost is the wild card.

Again, that scenario only plays out if the top 2 teams in a division are tied at the end of 162 games and they both would make the play-offs.

LoveYourSuit
That is what really hurts about this right now. If we had Quentin in the lineup the division would be ours. It feels like the Twins take the division from us in the last month every year.

I'm sure the Twins are saying the same thing about their injured players like Cuddyer and Pat Neshek.

voodoochile
09-24-2008, 10:21 PM

Should I keep going?

/ENDTHREAD

:)

Now THAT's the post of the thread...

Konerko05
Like I said before.

Just stop. You're giving every FOBA a bad name.

hi im skot

a) what you bleat about as "cheap" hits aren't cheap at all. I don't blame you though - as a Sox fan who worships at the altar of a HR, I guess you wouldn't know what a fundamentally sound approach at the plate or real base-hit off a non-mistake pitch looks like.

b) stop whining about bad umpiring. it's unbecoming and inaccurate at that. Buerhle because of his reputation as a control pitcher has benefited from more borderline calls from umps this side of Maddux or Johan.

b) there is situational hitting - but there is also situational pitching. That's why some pitchers pile up Wins while others sit around .500 mark looking for someone (bullpen, defense, manager, offense) to blame. I praised Mark Buerhle for holding fort in KC when he didn't give up 3 runs until Sox offense gave him a 6-0 lead. Well, today it was the opposite - he put the team into a hole and allowed the ever-mediocre Blackburn to pitch with more confidence & margin for error.

Was Buerhle bad? No. Was he good (enough)? Not quite good enough. Period.

Buehrle pitched his ass off tonight, period. The offense let him (and us) down.

End of story.

Dub25
09-24-2008, 10:22 PM
No, we will have a play in game if tied. The ONLY time head2head matters is when both teams have a better record than the other 2nd place teams. Then, the winner of h2h will get the division, the other gets the wildcard. No play in game since they are both in.

That's what I thought which has always made me think, what's the point of an unbalenced schedule?

BigP50
my 2 favorite stats:

Gavin 9-2 after a loss

and

White Sox havent been swept since the Wrigley Series

hsnterprize
I haven't read the thread fully, but the bottom line is simple...Buehrle did what he was supposed to do tonight, but the rest of the team didn't. The 3-4-5 hitters have been noticable absent this whole road trip. That's not a super-big-deal against Kansas City, but it's a big pain against a team like Minnesota. We all know the Twins are some strange team at that poor excuse of a stadium, and the Sox should've never been in this situation in the first place. They've had way too many chances to put distance between themselves and the Twins before the first game of this series.

Gavin Floyd is 16-8 going into tomorrow night. He's got to pitch the game of his life to salvage a game in this series. We can't come home 1/2 behind Minnesota this late in the year.

I hate this situation like you do, but I haven't given up yet. I'll take heat from Cubs fans I work with, but oh well...if I can't take it...I shouldn't give it out.

GO SOX!!!!!

voodoochile
I'm sure the Twins are saying the same thing about their injured players like Cuddyer and Pat Neshek.

Who gives a **** what the twinkies are whining about... I mean seriously...

whiney little cream puffs.

They still suck!

Cuck the Fubs
/ENDTHREAD

:)

Now THAT's the post of the thread...

Damn right:gulp:

With the logic around here, the New York Giants shoulda stayed home against the Patriots. :rolleyes:

LoveYourSuit
You like Wise? He's had some key hits, but he's nothing more than a fourth or fifth outfielder.

I someday hope to have your baseball IQ.

He's a ****ing journeyman, some people had him penciled in for a starting job next season because of that grand slam vs Det.

chisoxfanatic
09-24-2008, 10:23 PM
I already have...It's called Chicago Blackhawk Hockey.

Why the **** do I continue to watch these games? Could someone please tell me why? I shoulda known we weren't winning **** in the ****ing ****ty dome!!! :angry:

The first thing this team needs to do in the offseason is FIRE GREG WALKER!!! Step 2, focus on FUNDAMENTALS, and get some players with speed. And, finally, create a slogan that actually fits the team! "Share the passion, show the swagger" MY ASS!!!

Oh, and Hawk, in case you did not know, Carlos Gomez is NOT the greatest CF in baseball...not even in the top FIVE!!! :angry:

champagne030
Let's get them tomorrow. The season is on the line tomorrow. Lose and we've likely ended our season. Win and we'll be in business.

This basically says it all. Tomorrow is game 7. Lose and we're ****ed. Win and it's looking fairly good, but we're still going to have issues come Sunday, with MB throwing 120+ pitches tonight.

TheOldRoman
Kenny Williams is the architect of this mess. What hitting coach is going to turnaround our hackers like Wise, Swisher, Uribe, etc.?Hey, remember Juan Uribe in Sept/Oct of 2005. Greg Walker wasn't working for him, so Frank brought in Walk Hrniak to work with Juan. He put in a leg kick, which helped his timing. Juan was not only hitting great, but he was laying off pitches. He lead the team in walks though the playoffs. Coming into camp in 06, Walker was talking about how he was so excited to get a new batting stance for Uribe. It has worked out pretty well.

Tom, once again, FAIL.

SoxSpeed22
Buehrle did as we asked him to. Not much you can do when the offense goes dead after Griffey's homer. I said before that whoever wins this division will be a quick out in the playoffs. If we don't win tomorrow, we don't deserve it, period.

doublem23

Should I keep going?

I like it!

AZChiSoxFan
09-24-2008, 10:24 PM
What about the games they've come back to win, such as Quentin's HR against Texas, the sweeper against the Twins when we were down 5-4 in the 7th?

Oh, don't bring those up because they don't support your crap theory. Sorry.

I'm sorry but coming back to win a game that you trailed by one run in the 7th isn't even in the same universe as when Jenks blew that two run lead in the 9th at Camden early in the year. It also doesn't compare to all the chances the Sox blew to win the game at home vs. the O's that ended up being postponed. Most assuredly, it doesn't compare to the TWO games in late July that the Sox blew in the dome after leading each game by 4 runs. The Sox have lost more games this year that they should have won, compared to winning games that they should have lost.

southsideirish71
Oh, and Hawk, in case you did not know, Carlos Gomez is NOT the greatest CF in baseball...not even in the top FIVE!!! :angry:

Kubel is not Quentin either. Yet according to our announcer, he is. Hawk would of traded Quentin for Gomez straight up.

voodoochile
i already have...it's called chicago blackhawk hockey.

Why the **** do i continue to watch these games? Could someone please tell me why? I shoulda known we weren't winning **** in the ****ing ****ty dome!!! :angry:

The first thing this team needs to do in the offseason is fire greg walker!!! Step 2, focus on fundamentals, and get some players with speed. And, finally, create a slogan that actually fits the team! "share the passion, show the swagger" my ass!!!

Oh, and hawk, in case you did not know, carlos gomez is not the greatest cf in baseball...not even in the top five!!! :angry:

boooooooooooo!!!

hi im skot
09-24-2008, 10:25 PM
He's a ****ing journeyman, some people had him penciled in for a starting job next season because of that grand slam vs Det.

Right, which you and I both know is completely ridiculous.

Wise has had his moments, but (and again, I think we're both in agreement) he shouldn't have been leading off tonight.

doublem23
Buehrle pitched his ass off tonight, period. The offense let him (and us) down.

End of story.

Obviously you don't have the baseball intellect of the guys in this thread. The Sox gave Mark 2 runs... HOW MUCH MORE DOES HE NEED!?

:rolleyes:

The Dude
Not sure why I am going either. Nice try Ozzie with Wise leading off. :rolleyes: Nice job GIDPers on this team, nice job timely hitting, and nice job umps.

**** this team, **** the baggy piece of **** dome, **** Punto, Kubel, Gomez, the M's, and Twins fans that proceed to text me with smile faces!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

One positive was Mark Buehrle had the balls to pitch a hell of a game when he had **** going on early because he knows what it takes to win, unlike Javy and most of these loser hitters on our team.

I wish I didn't care so much about the Sox that it forces me into an enormous stress headache watching this team day by day.

PeteWard

Should I keep going?

Win tomorrow and it's all but over. I think they will win and wrap it up Sunday.

Lose, it's all but over the other way, but they could still force a playoff. But if they let the Twins take this division it is a serious choke

AZChiSoxFan
If you're looking for some good news folks, here it is: I was just looking at the 2009 schedule and the Sox don't have to play in the dome next year after Sep 2.

oeo
09-24-2008, 10:26 PM

:lol:

I'm thinking 'one-dimensionally?' You're trying to blame a terrible offensive effort on Mark Buehrle. Can't be the offense, has to be the pitcher.

a) what you bleat about as "cheap" hits aren't cheap at all. I don't blame you though - as a Sox fan who worships at the alter of a HR, I guess you wouldn't know what a real base-hit off a non-mistake pitch looks like.Yep, I guess high, dome choppers and broken bat bloopers are good hits. :?:

b) stop whining about bad umpiring. it's unbecoming and inaccurate at that. Buerhle because of his reputation as a control pitcher has benefited from more borderline calls from umps this side of Maddux or Johan.First of all, how is that the same? Every pitcher gets calls that go their way and calls that don't. It evens out as the season goes on. I don't know where you're getting this Maddux zone from, though. When has he ever gotten that?

That's besides the point, though. It was a terrible call, and it cost us the game.

b) there is situational hitting - but there is also situational pitching. That's why some pitchers pile up Wins while others sit around .500 mark looking for someone (bullpen, defense, manager, offense) to blame. I praised Mark Buerhle for holding fort in KC when he didn't give up 3 runs until Sox offense gave him a 6-0 lead. Well, today it was the opposite - he put the team into a hole and allowed the ever-mediocre Blackburn to pitch with more confidence & margin for error.It doesn't even matter that they were cheap hits. He gave up three runs in 7 innings, which was good enough. You're just looking for excuses, and bad ones at that.

Was Buerhle bad? No. Was he good (enough)? Not quite good enough. Period.He was definitely good enough for a win. You're wrong.

twentywontowin
It fell behind in the posts earlier, but I'm telling you, we're ready to have one of these moments:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/MagnificentX/MessierNewspaper.jpg

I'd put everything I own on the game tomorrow.

We're gonna win.

Lundind1
I'm still in shock about Clay Aiken.

That should be the quote of the day, damn someone must have missed the train on that.

Mohoney

If the White Sox and Twins finish tied after a potential makeup game Monday, the one game playoff is played regardless of head-to-head record. Whenever two teams are tied and one team is going home, it's never decided by head-to-head record. It's always decided in a one game playoff.