PDA

View Full Version : Where does one watch the White Sox in DC?

Gavin
09-24-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm here for business. I refuse to pay $10 for another night of internet. Are there any places downtown-ish/Alexandria that are sports bars and would likely have the Sox game? Hell, a BW3 would do...

FJA
09-24-2008, 12:22 PM
I don't live there anymore, but when I did, a ton of us WSIers gathered for World Series games at Buffalo Billiards in Dupont Circle. It's right off the Metro, and they have a lot of TVs, so they'll likely have the game on at any given time. If not, I always found the bartenders accommodating.

asindc
09-24-2008, 02:37 PM
The Buffalo Billiards meet ups were during the playoffs, when all of the games were nationally televised. I don't think any bars in this area carry regional broadcasts of out-of-market baseball (or basketball) games. Maybe others who live here know something more about it.

Marqhead
09-24-2008, 02:45 PM
When I was in DC a few years ago, my Dad and I caught the game at the ESPN Zone. Its probably one of the only places that carries all the games.

(I first learned of the Freddy Garcia trade on the scrolling sign outside the ESPN Zone :cool:)

DSpivack
09-24-2008, 02:52 PM
When I was in DC a few years ago, my Dad and I caught the game at the ESPN Zone. Its probably one of the only places that carries all the games.

(I first learned of the Freddy Garcia trade on the scrolling sign outside the ESPN Zone :cool:)

Yeah, that's where I went when I lived in Atlanta. Perhaps not the best of options, but how many bars carry Extra Innings? I suppose you could try other large sports bars; Bailey's in Ballston [Arlington] or Crystal City Sports Pub [also in Arlington].

thedudeabides
09-24-2008, 03:03 PM
I was just there this summer. Nick's Riverside grill in Georgetown put the game on for us.

While in Alexandria, Bugsy's in Olde Towne was fun, it's a big hockey bar, but they also obliged and put the Sox on a flat screen.

Law11
09-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Soon it might be the White House..

Sorry wrong forum..

FJA
09-24-2008, 10:33 PM
The Buffalo Billiards meet ups were during the playoffs, when all of the games were nationally televised. I don't think any bars in this area carry regional broadcasts of out-of-market baseball (or basketball) games. Maybe others who live here know something more about it.

I used to live near Buffalo Billiards, and I definitely have watched several regular season, non-nationally-televised games there. I believe they have Extra Innings.

http://www.buffalobilliards.com/dc/index.html
(http://www.buffalobilliards.com/dc/index.html)

Gavin
09-24-2008, 11:37 PM
I was just there this summer. Nick's Riverside grill in Georgetown put the game on for us.

While in Alexandria, Bugsy's in Olde Towne was fun, it's a big hockey bar, but they also obliged and put the Sox on a flat screen.

My conference got held super late, but I ended up at Bugsy's for a good 4-5 innings. I highly recommend it, not a modern sports bar at all but perhaps that's why it was so nice. They put the game on the big screen and on the ****ty tv near us with no problem.

Oh yeah, you guys can still smoke in bars? That's cute... haha.

DSpivack
09-24-2008, 11:44 PM
My conference got held super late, but I ended up at Bugsy's for a good 4-5 innings. I highly recommend it, not a modern sports bar at all but perhaps that's why it was so nice. They put the game on the big screen and on the ****ty tv near us with no problem.

Oh yeah, you guys can still smoke in bars? That's cute... haha.

Virginia is one of the largest tobacco-growing states, so yes. But not in DC or Maryland.

asindc
09-25-2008, 09:20 AM
I used to live near Buffalo Billiards, and I definitely have watched several regular season, non-nationally-televised games there. I believe they have Extra Innings.

http://www.buffalobilliards.com/dc/index.html
(http://www.buffalobilliards.com/dc/index.html)

That's good to know. I don't have to work tomorrow, so I'll probably head there for the game tonight if ESPN Zone does not have Extra Innings. I would be shocked if they don't, considering some of their competition does, but stranger things have happened.