PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a good feeling about tonight?

Domeshot17
09-24-2008, 10:03 AM
As ticked off as I was last night over the lack of energy and overall want to win last nights game, I woke up today with a strange confidence in our boys. Minnesota has a tough task now. They have to win today and tomorrow to really have a good chance. To do so, they have to beat our 2 best starters.

The match ups also work fairly well for us. We have Burls tonight against Blackburn, and Floyd against Slowey. Then next series, they have their best, Liriano, against Davies, so KC is not blowing one of their better SP against the twins, and the Twins would have to finish up against Meche. If it came down to the final game of the season, right now KC has Duckworth listed as its starter, but Grienke would be going on his normal 5 days rest and I think KC would throw him to end the year.

So for the Twins to win 4 of the next 5 they have to beat Burls-Gavin-Davies-Meche and maybe Grienke, that is a tough task.

The matchups are much better for the Sox. We have to beat Blackburn, Slowey, Then we get 2 kids from Cleveland (which we do struggle at times with) in Mark Lewis and Zach Jackson. Lewis looks like he is making his first start of the year and Jackson has an ERA almost 6. We Finish up against Cliff Lee, which would be great if we could throw Broadway if we are already clinched, but if it came down to the last 2 games, we would have Burls sunday against Lee, which could give us a fighting chance, and Gavin in the make up game vs Detroit.

The BEST case scenerio is obviously take the next 3, and rest up Burls Gavin and Danks to set up our front 3 for the playoffs, but even if it got into the last few games, we aren't dead.

So really it now comes down to 2 things. How much does this team want to be in the playoffs, and can the Offense do it's job against 4 of the next 5 or 5 of the next 6 games in which we should win based off pitching match ups!

delben91
09-24-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm with you domeshot. Even during the game last night I found myself not getting upset and having a sense of calm about the Sox making the playoffs. I personally think the Sox will bounce back tonight and take tomorrow's game as well. They've come through after tough losses all year long, and metrodome or no metrodome, I think they'll do it again tonight.

voodoochile
09-24-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm not worried...

In fact I do indeed feel confident about tonight's game.

The Milkman
09-24-2008, 10:22 AM
I feel fantastic about the next two. **** you dark clouds.

Foulke You
09-24-2008, 10:22 AM
I think Buehrle and Floyd will be competitive and keep us in these games unlike Javy. It's going to be up to our offense to put some points on the board. I like our chances against Blackburn. He has a sky high E.R.A. over his last few starts and of all the Twins starters, we've hit him best.

chisoxfanatic
09-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Buehrle will throw a perfect game tonight.

sox1970
09-24-2008, 10:24 AM
I feel good about tonight. I'm not going to watch, but I feel good about getting a win in this series.

cleanwsox
09-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Yup, I love how we have Buehrle and Floyd going in the 2 biggest games of the year right now.

We've hit Blackburn pretty good, so hopefully we can continue that tonight.

thomas35forever
09-24-2008, 10:27 AM
When I look back at where we were 24 hours ago, we shouldn't have been so optimistic about last night with Vazquez going. In fact, we should've figured that if we only lost one game in this series, yesterday was it.

Also, we all know that the 2008 White Sox do not quit when things are tough. When we think they're going to fall out of first, they win again and maintain their lead. When they have fallen out of first, it hasn't been for more than two days. If this team was easily shaken, we would've gotten swept during our last visit to Minny. That didn't happen.

As I said in another thread, we haven't gotten swept in three months. There's no reason we should start again now. One or both of Buehrle/Floyd is going to get the job done. Whoever steps up is anyone's guess. One thing not worth guessing though is that this team has disproven people all year long. We will leave Minnesota at least 1 1/2 up. No question about it.

white sox bill
09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Buehrle will throw a perfect game tonight.

Thru the First inning!:smile:
I think Burly will come thru for us tonight too!

Evman5
09-24-2008, 10:33 AM
I feel great about having Buehrle going tonight. However, in the highly unlikely event that we lose tonight, I love having Floyd to fall back on tomorrow. He has been our stopper all year long. Basically I think either Mark or Gavin can throw a gem in one of the next two games. Preferably Mark does it tonight, so Gavin can put on an encore tomorrow night. I am excited to see how we respond tonight.

NLaloosh
09-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Yes, I do. The wife gets off work early and we were too busy to get busy yesterday if you know what I mean so, oh you mean Minny, oh yeah, the Sox are going to win for sure.

Buehrle is da man! Not to worry, Mark will come through!

As I predicted....L - W - L. That's how the series will go.

Woofer
09-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Well, I was really hoping for a win last night. We don't really HAVE to win tonight, but it will be terrible if we don't. The Sox really have to get an early and large lead somehow, and Buehrle is going to be an ace tonight. One game has to be won up there this series. It better be tonight, and hopefully tomorrow.

adidas773
09-24-2008, 10:40 AM
i feel real good about tonight, real good.

palehosepub
09-24-2008, 10:42 AM
going into this series Ifelt that the Twins would get to Javy (unfortunately very true), Buehrle would come up big and Sox would win game 2, and game three I was less confident but thought we would have a good shot at game 3 IF the bullpen didnt get tested too much.

This is the biggest game of the season tonight and I think MB will show up big time and take the team on his back. This is a "springboard game" - just a strong gut feel I have ...

Mohoney
09-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Nick Blackburn's BAA is .292, hit the damn ball.

pmck003
09-24-2008, 10:47 AM
going into this series Ifelt that the Twins would get to Javy (unfortunately very true), Buehrle would come up big and Sox would win game 2, and game three I was less confident but thought we would have a good shot at game 3 IF the bullpen didnt get tested too much.

This is the biggest game of the season tonight and I think MB will show up big time and take the team on his back. This is a "springboard game" - just a strong gut feel I have ...

As much as tonight is our best chance to win, I think tomorrow is important for Floyd maintaining his confidence going into the playoffs. At least a decent showing by Floyd, maybe not a win if the Sox win tonight.

Britt Burns
09-24-2008, 10:48 AM
A good feeling? Of course not. Why on earth would anyone have a good feeling considering thier efforts yesterday and the Sox track record at the baggie. But there is always hope!

chisoxfanatic
09-24-2008, 10:48 AM
As much as tonight is our best chance to win, I think tomorrow is important for Floyd maintaining his confidence going into the playoffs. At least a decent showing by Floyd, maybe not a win if the Sox win tonight.
Now, that's the whole "defeatist" attitude that Adele_H was talking about a couple days ago. We have to get every win we can, and going into the last series of the year with a 3.5 game lead is MUCH different than a measly 1.5 game lead.

thomas35forever
09-24-2008, 10:51 AM
A good feeling? Of course not. Why on earth would anyone have a good feeling considering thier efforts yesterday and the Sox track record at the baggie. But there is always hope!
"Just a small-town girl, livin' in a lonely world..."

SpartanSoxFan
09-24-2008, 10:54 AM
I feel very good about Mark going tonight. Again, though, this is the ****ing Baggie dome where the ball has weird bounces. If the defense doesn't bring their 'A' game, Mark could get roughed up, since we all know he is a ground ball pitcher.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-24-2008, 10:57 AM
I also have a strange feeling the bats will come alive, the D will be there and the magic number will be at 3 come 11PM. I also cannot watch but will be checking updates on my phone.

voodoochile
09-24-2008, 10:58 AM
"Just a small-town girl, livin' in a lonely world..."

Maybe we need a new song for 2008...

May I suggest...

Well, I stand up next to a mountain
And I chop it down with the edge of my hand

delben91
09-24-2008, 11:01 AM
maybe we need a new song for 2008...

paws up!!

hi im skot
09-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Maybe we need a new song for 2008...

May I suggest...
VXNBIFLxQUM

JungleJimR
09-24-2008, 11:14 AM
As ticked off as I was last night over the lack of energy and overall want to win last nights game, I woke up today with a strange confidence in our boys. Minnesota has a tough task now. They have to win today and tomorrow to really have a good chance. To do so, they have to beat our 2 best starters.

The match ups also work fairly well for us. We have Burls tonight against Blackburn, and Floyd against Slowey. Then next series, they have their best, Liriano, against Davies, so KC is not blowing one of their better SP against the twins, and the Twins would have to finish up against Meche. If it came down to the final game of the season, right now KC has Duckworth listed as its starter, but Grienke would be going on his normal 5 days rest and I think KC would throw him to end the year.

So for the Twins to win 4 of the next 5 they have to beat Burls-Gavin-Davies-Meche and maybe Grienke, that is a tough task.

The matchups are much better for the Sox. We have to beat Blackburn, Slowey, Then we get 2 kids from Cleveland (which we do struggle at times with) in Mark Lewis and Zach Jackson. Lewis looks like he is making his first start of the year and Jackson has an ERA almost 6. We Finish up against Cliff Lee, which would be great if we could throw Broadway if we are already clinched, but if it came down to the last 2 games, we would have Burls sunday against Lee, which could give us a fighting chance, and Gavin in the make up game vs Detroit.

The BEST case scenerio is obviously take the next 3, and rest up Burls Gavin and Danks to set up our front 3 for the playoffs, but even if it got into the last few games, we aren't dead.

So really it now comes down to 2 things. How much does this team want to be in the playoffs, and can the Offense do it's job against 4 of the next 5 or 5 of the next 6 games in which we should win based off pitching match ups!

Very nice analysis indeed!
Minn has to sweep to realistically stay in the hunt with us - and its roughly 2-1 against them at this point. I really like Gavin as our backstop - he is a bull-dog.

captain54
09-24-2008, 11:29 AM
The bottom line is, if the Sox can't win at least one out of the three in Minny this week, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I know they have a great home record, but the Twins aren't even one of the top 6 teams in MLB.

thedudeabides
09-24-2008, 11:31 AM
I like our chances tonight. Mark is one guy I always have confidence in to put the team on his back when it's needed. Even though he never has eye popping numbers, it's why some around here consider him an ace. Go get him Burlls!!!!!

KingXerxes
09-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Tonight's final score:

Chicago 6
Minnesota 1

You heard it here first.

Jurr
09-24-2008, 11:38 AM
This team has driven me nuts for a while with its inconsistency, almost to the point that I prepare myself for the worst. This team just seems so much like those "rip your heart out at the worst time" Sox teams of the Jerry Manuel days.

HOWEVER....Buehrle is Buehrle. Yes, you do worry about him pitching to contact so much and getting gorked to death (especially in this hell-hole), but the guy is just as capable to shut them completely down.

This offense MUST stop pressing, and that's much easier said than done. Somehow they have to stop moping and get a positive, comfortable attitude. They must relax and believe that they are capable of winning. Relaxation = a better eye at the plate = more runs.

The next two games are winnable based on nothing but the pitching matchups. We have the advantage. If our offense loosens up and puts up some runs, it'll be an awesome couple of days.

I am absolutely aching for the Sox to prove my internal doubts wrong. This team, even without Quentin and Crede, is still very dangerous. There's so much talent out there. This season has been all about whether they can get the right mindset at the plate. When they're relaxed they dominate. The moment they encounter adversity they pout and mail it in. That's the explanation for the streaky nature they have shown.

It's time for our beloved Pale Hose to start believing that they are a first place team that can compete in the playoffs. It needs to start tonight.

**** the Twins. **** the Metrodome. Shut 'em down, 56!!!!!

rdwj
09-24-2008, 11:40 AM
I feel good about tonight's game!

...but I also felt good about last night

palehozenychicty
09-24-2008, 11:45 AM
This team has driven me nuts for a while with its inconsistency, almost to the point that I prepare myself for the worst. This team just seems so much like those "rip your heart out at the worst time" Sox teams of the Jerry Manuel days.

HOWEVER....Buehrle is Buehrle. Yes, you do worry about him pitching to contact so much and getting gorked to death (especially in this hell-hole), but the guy is just as capable to shut them completely down.

This offense MUST stop pressing, and that's much easier said than done. Somehow they have to stop moping and get a positive, comfortable attitude. They must relax and believe that they are capable of winning. Relaxation = a better eye at the plate = more runs.

The next two games are winnable based on nothing but the pitching matchups. We have the advantage. If our offense loosens up and puts up some runs, it'll be an awesome couple of days.

I am absolutely aching for the Sox to prove my internal doubts wrong. This team, even without Quentin and Crede, is still very dangerous. There's so much talent out there. This season has been all about whether they can get the right mindset at the plate. When they're relaxed they dominate. The moment they encounter adversity they pout and mail it in. That's the explanation for the streaky nature they have shown.

It's time for our beloved Pale Hose to start believing that they are a first place team that can compete in the playoffs. It needs to start tonight.

**** the Twins. **** the Metrodome. Shut 'em down, 56!!!!!

They're a reasonably good team, but I'm not seeing all this talent on the roster. Too one-dimensional, which explains the inconsistency.

Back to the thread topic, though. I think they'll put up a better effort today and get a win, as long as the pen and lineup does its part. As much as we love Mark, he's only as good as the supporting cast.

Law11
09-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Im nervous about tonights game. Even if mark is on his game we will still need our friggin Offense to wake up..

Guys like AJ, & Dye are swinging some tired bats right now.
Hopefully with our paws up we can claw out a win tonight.

Carolina Kenny
09-24-2008, 11:52 AM
If the Sox lose the next two games, I wouldn't be that surprised. If Burhle stops our pain and throws a gem it would be great, but I am not counting on it. With the last game, we are counting on Floyd, who has been great, but is untested in this type of pressure. I don't think Floyd will crap like Vasquez, who has shown his true colors, however, our starters can come thru and we still could easily lose two with bullpen failures and inconsistant offense.
I am not feeling at all positive at this point. We are setting ourselves up for a lament on all those blown games during the year. KW says we should be up by 10 at this point, and something is wrong that we are not.
Big changes is store for next year. In the meantime, the games must be played out. I am preparing for the worst and hope for the best.

It's been beaten to death, but I would also like to take this opportunity to mention that I never want to see Jr. in CF for the Sox again. Anyone else who qualifies to play that position would be a better option at this point.

Bob G
09-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Buehrle will need a very strong game and our D will also need to be equally strong - I hope BA is in CF I don't care how he does at the plate. We can't afford any gift runs.

I think we're capable of winning tonight but it doesn't matter much what the fans think - the players need to show up and play hard and smart, like the Twins did last night, otherwise we're in trouble.

Jurr
09-24-2008, 11:56 AM
They're a reasonably good team, but I'm not seeing all this talent on the roster. Too one-dimensional, which explains the inconsistency.

Back to the thread topic, though. I think they'll put up a better effort today and get a win, as long as the pen and lineup does its part. As much as we love Mark, he's only as good as the supporting cast.
I'm with you on that to an extent. Konerko, Thome, Pierzynski, and Dye can all hit. I don't know why they allow themselves to press so badly at times.

Is this team full of five-tool athletes? Hell, no. Quentin and Ramirez give me hope for this roster because they are indeed five tool guys. We do need more of that in the future. This also is why right now I just don't believe this team is good enough to win the World Series, which is the goal. It's not being pessimistic or "less of a fan", but actually having watched so much baseball in my life that it usually becomes pretty clear that a team's "got it". The '05 team definitely "had it", and that came out pretty quickly as the team played the season out. At many points in the season, you just saw a team that was far and away better than their opposition. The '06 team was very disappointing in the fact that they too seemed very loaded.

Baseball's about entertainment, and we have been blessed to have the Sox play meaningful baseball all year. This team wasn't like the '06 Cardinals, that came off of a 105 win season. Our previous team had 90 losses!!! Remember that this team is definitely in the middle of a transition. I see that continuing in the offseason as well. Is this team built top to bottom for WS competition???
I sincerely doubt it, but it would be friggin' awesome to see these Sox pull off a miracle.

Chicken Dinner
09-24-2008, 12:12 PM
It's been beaten to death, but I would also like to take this opportunity to mention that I never want to see Jr. in CF for the Sox again. Anyone else who qualifies to play that position would be a better option at this point.

I'll take Jr. in center over Boone on the bump any day!

DaveFeelsRight
09-24-2008, 12:15 PM
I did not have a good feeling at all about yesterdays game. And Vazquez proved me right. I Hope Buehrle shuts those ****s down.

hi im skot
09-24-2008, 12:27 PM
tGQJEnjlIkk

sunofgold
09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
I feel optimistic before every game. Even in the middle of a game that we are losing, I feel that we are going to come back.

I figure also even if we are swept, then we are basically tied with the Twins in the loss column. Twins basically have to sweep us to even the score.

Win or lose in Minnesota (let win though, two would be the best!), we are going to have to play a good series against Cleveland.

We do have three starters in a row (Buehrle, Floyd, and Danks) who are throwing the ball well. Blackburn is struggling right now for the Twins. Have to like today's matchup

Iwritecode
09-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Listening to some music on Pandora and Don't Stop Believing just came on.

Is it a sign of things to come? :crossfingers:

JB98
09-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Listening to some music on Pandora and Don't Stop Believing just came on.

Is it a sign of things to come? :crossfingers:

I hope so.

I have a lot of faith in Mark Buehrle. He has earned my confidence over the years. I think he'll show up big for us tonight.

The rest of the team, I'm not so sure.....

Bob G
09-24-2008, 01:41 PM
I feel optimistic before every game. Even in the middle of a game that we are losing, I feel that we are going to come back.

I figure also even if we are swept, then we are basically tied with the Twins in the loss column. Twins basically have to sweep us to even the score.

Win or lose in Minnesota (let win though, two would be the best!), we are going to have to play a good series against Cleveland.

We do have three starters in a row (Buehrle, Floyd, and Danks) who are throwing the ball well. Blackburn is struggling right now for the Twins. Have to like today's matchup

Tonight's game is critical - if we don't win the Twins could have enough momentum to run the table with a sweep against us and KC. That would mean we would need to sweep Cleveland which will be difficult even at home. Assuming we do, then a win vs Detroit and on to the tiebreaker against the Twins - fortunately we would be at home.

BringBackBlkJack
09-24-2008, 01:49 PM
For what it's worth (nothing) I had a bad feeling about the game last night so I slept through it on purpose. I didn't have any faith in Vazquez and I just wished to be pleasantly surprised in the morning. In other words, I expected to see a loss this morning and unfortunately I was correct. Today, I was glad to hear Buerhle not buying the media hype and taking this game on like any other - cool and collected. There's something inside me that knows the Sox will win tonight. I will definitely be up to root them on. LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!

russ99
09-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Personally, I've just about had it with watching this team look like garbage.

I'll check into the game an hour in and if I like what I see, I'll stick with it and go back on the DVR.

I'm in prime "expect the worst, hope for the best" mode also.

Jim Shorts
09-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Guys like AJ, & Dye are swinging some tired bats right now.

This exactly why I was shocked to read Cowley's write up that both of them used the off day to go hunting.

I'm no pro ball player, but I would have slept in, laid around the house and hit the cages.

But that's just me

thedudeabides
09-24-2008, 02:51 PM
This exactly why I was shocked to read Cowley's write up that both of them used the off day to go hunting.

I'm no pro ball player, but I would have slept in, laid around the house and hit the cages.

But that's just me

Well, that is how a lot of people relax and clear their heads. I can't imagine this is the source of their struggles.

IronFisk
09-24-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm far more confident about tonight than tomorrow. Slowey pwned us last time up, and in the baggie, he's bound to do it again.

Tonight is our window. Time to prove we belong in the postseason.

Jim Shorts
09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Well, that is how a lot of people relax and clear their heads. I can't imagine this is the source of their struggles.

Can't imagine it was the panacea either.

I'm just sayin

thedudeabides
09-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Can't imagine it was the panacea either.

I'm just sayin

So doing a relaxing activity on your day off is a problem? :?:

I've seriously heard it all around here lately.

I think I'm starting to lose my mind along with Hawk and some of the others around these parts. I never thought I'd say it when the Sox are in first the last week of the season, but I can't wait for this regular season to end.

ChiSoxFan81
09-24-2008, 03:11 PM
I can't say I have a "good" feeling playing in the baggie dome, but I'm not nervous. Buehrle will get it doen and the offense will turn it around. I'm still not within arm's reach of the panic button. We will bust this monkey off our back like we did in Oakland this year. The first game was the typical nightmare, then we rebounded to take the next two. Same story here is my gut feeling.

asindc
09-24-2008, 03:15 PM
So doing a relaxing activity on your day off is a problem? :?:

I've seriously heard it all around here lately.

I think I'm starting to lose my mind along with Hawk and some of the others around these parts. I never thought I'd say it when the Sox are in first the last week of the season, but I can't wait for this regular season to end.

The ironic thing about it is that many fans are so anxious, I would hope that they do not have any contact with the players when they are like this. Time to take a couple of deep breaths, folks. We have been here before. Let's act like it.

Pear-Zin-Ski
09-24-2008, 03:16 PM
The bottom line is, if the Sox can't win at least one out of the three in Minny this week, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I know they have a great home record, but the Twins aren't even one of the top 6 teams in MLB.

**** all this **** about its the dome..its cursed...we play terrible there...**** IT!!!!! There is NO reason why we should not win the division this year and I agree 100000% that if we get swept by the Twinkes there is more than enough reason why we aren't hanging another pennant up at The Cell this year....

Jaffar
09-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Wise is leading off and Griffey is still in CF for tonights game according to the score. :shrug:

PutItOnBoardYES
09-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Wise is leading off and Griffey is still in CF for tonights game according to the score. :shrug:

whats the rest of lineup?

thomas35forever
09-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh boy.:unsure:

Rdy2PlayBall
09-24-2008, 03:37 PM
If the Sox lose the first game of a series like this, they usualy take the second game with a good pitching performance and some decent offence... Then, the offends DOMINATES the HECK out of the other team the last game... then manage to almost lose or lose the game. So who knows? ... Sox may take the next 2! :D:

sullythered
09-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Mark Buehrle is my favorite player, and this is the biggest game of the year, by far. I'm pumped, even if it is at that horrible monstrosity.

PutItOnBoardYES
09-24-2008, 03:45 PM
If the Sox lose the first game of a series like this, they usualy take the second game with a good pitching performance and some decent offence... Then, the offends DOMINATES the HECK out of the other team the last game... then manage to almost lose or lose the game. So who knows? ... Sox may take the next 2! :D:

that may be the trend at home but not on the road and sure as hell not in the roller dome.

psyclonis
09-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Mark needs to man up tonight
Hes needs to go at least 7.0 IP (8.0 would be nice but doubtful)
I dont trust anyone in the bullpen vs the Twins except for Jenks :X
Sox should score around 6 runs tonight :gulp:

chisoxfanatic
09-24-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm far more confident about tonight than tomorrow. Slowey pwned us last time up, and in the baggie, he's bound to do it again.

Tonight is our window. Time to prove we belong in the postseason.
We STILL have Floyd going tomorrow night. If he can give us the same stuff he gave us at Yankee Stadium, which provides for one of the most adverse conditions in baseball, we'll be fine!

What we need is more cowbell! :cool:

Jenks4Prez
09-24-2008, 04:22 PM
The Twins own us gentlemen. Best we just accept that fact and move on. The sweep is imminent.

Iwritecode
09-24-2008, 04:24 PM
The Twins own us gentlemen. Best we just accept that fact and move on. The sweep is imminent.

:haddock:

Frontman
09-24-2008, 04:28 PM
I feel this way:

If anyone can get the win we need in Minnesota; it will be Mark. Even if he doesn't get us the win, having Gavin as the last line of defense isn't a bad thing at all.

As the song goes, "We're will you all the way."

Go get 'em Sox.

UofCSoxFan
09-24-2008, 04:43 PM

Does this mean Cabrerra's not playing? Who the hell is playing SS? If it's Alexei, then who is playing 2B?

And why is Griffey still in CF? B/c he hit a meaningless homerun?

Putting Griffey in CF when he has actually been one of our better RBI guys the past couple weeks is OK with Javy on the mound...who is a big strike out pitcher. Buerhle is a pitch to contact pitcher. Taking Cabrerra out of SS (which I assume is the case since he's not leadoff) and leaving an old man in CF is dumb. I hope it works out, but this is not good mananging.

spiffie
09-24-2008, 04:48 PM
You're right. Cancel the season. Year is over. See you in 2009.

Actually no, you're wrong. That is a stupid ****ing thing to say, and you really should just leave the internet forever.

markopat
09-24-2008, 04:59 PM
I feel great about tonight.

All day yesterday I had a funky feeling and that game was a real bummer to watch. Not sure what it is or why...I just feel good about tonight.

BRING IT SOX!

JDub35
09-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Thank you DomeShot for creating this thread...it helped get me through the day, and got me excited about tonight. Also, I think you're right....Go Go White Sox!

chisoxfanatic
09-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Not entirely. The Twins only own us at the Baggie Dome. And, besides, what does that have to do with tonight's game anyways? It's not like past performances have anything to do with the game at hand.

Jaffar
09-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Does this mean Cabrerra's not playing? Who the hell is playing SS? If it's Alexei, then who is playing 2B?

And why is Griffey still in CF? B/c he hit a meaningless homerun?

Putting Griffey in CF when he has actually been one of our better RBI guys the past couple weeks is OK with Javy on the mound...who is a big strike out pitcher. Buerhle is a pitch to contact pitcher. Taking Cabrerra out of SS (which I assume is the case since he's not leadoff) and leaving an old man in CF is dumb. I hope it works out, but this is not good mananging.

Same players as last night, Wise/Cabrera in the 1 and 2 holes with AJ batting 8th are the changes.

Chicken Dinner
09-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Same players as last night, Wise/Cabrera in the 1 and 2 holes with AJ batting 8th are the changes.

Better not see Boone in there tonight! :angry:

Dan Mega
09-24-2008, 06:05 PM
You're right. Cancel the season. Year is over. See you in 2009.

Actually no, you're wrong. That is a stupid ****ing thing to say, and you really should just leave the internet forever.

Yeah, Burls and Floyd are going for the next 2. Chances are good the Sox leave winning the next 2.

If the balls hit to CF are limited :redneck

HangWiffum
09-24-2008, 06:15 PM
ya know what i did today? i watched the comcast sports net montage from the 2005 playoffs. it made me feel good and bad. it made me remember all the fun i had and i will never forget. it made me feel bad because this white sox team is not even on the same planet as that one. I've decided to "sit back, relax, and strap it down" for the rest of the week and let whatever happens...happen.

MarySwiss
09-24-2008, 06:21 PM
I feel great about tonight.

All day yesterday I had a funky feeling and that game was a real bummer to watch. Not sure what it is or why...I just feel good about tonight.

BRING IT SOX!

I hope you're right!

I and another Sox fan at work have decided we are not going to watch tonight's game because looking at Nick Punto and Justin Morneau makes us want to start kicking things.

BTW, when I came in to work on Monday, a woman I hardly know came over and said, "You must have had a pretty good weekend with the excitement about the Cubbies." Of course, I immediately came back with, "No, I hate the Cubs. I'm a Sox fan." (I said it nicely because she seems like a nice person.) She said she saw all the Chicago stuff in my work area and "just assumed." :rolleyes:

SoxSpeed22
09-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Just throwing this in there...
http://www.fiveoclockbot.com/blog/images2/porkchop_4_06.gif

Dan Mega
09-24-2008, 06:34 PM
I hope you're right!

I and another Sox fan at work have decided we are not going to watch tonight's game because looking at Nick Punto and Justin Morneau makes us want to start kicking things.

BTW, when I came in to work on Monday, a woman I hardly know came over and said, "You must have had a pretty good weekend with the excitement about the Cubbies." Of course, I immediately came back with, "No, I hate the Cubs. I'm a Sox fan." (I said it nicely because she seems like a nice person.) She said she saw all the Chicago stuff in my work area and "just assumed." :rolleyes:

Man, you can fit the Cubs into just about anything you post!

TommyJohn
09-24-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm not worried...

In fact I do indeed feel confident about tonight's game.

I'm happy to see such confidence, but if the White Sox have demonstrated one thing through the years, it is that they find creative ways to expire when we least expect it. I will say nothing until the ALC Magic Number hits ZERO.

#1swisher
09-24-2008, 06:46 PM
I've got a great feeling about tonight's game. A calmness with our ACE Mark Buehrle pitching.

GET the WIN Chicago White Sox:D:

MarySwiss
09-24-2008, 06:47 PM

Not entirely. The Twins only own us at the Baggie Dome. And, besides, what does that have to do with tonight's game anyways? It's not like past performances have anything to do with the game at hand.

Man, you can fit the Cubs into just about anything you post!

Yeah, I made it all up. Do you really not know how often people from Chicago who live elsewhere hear this kind of stuff?

Konerko05
09-24-2008, 07:01 PM
I certainly feel better about today's game than I did about yesterday's. I had a bad feeling in my stomach the whole game.

I'll feel much better about today's game if we can get off to a decent lead early in the game.

EndemicSox
09-24-2008, 07:07 PM
This is the only game of this series I have a good feeling about. MB is pretty good in the dome. If they can't win tonight, get out the forks...

RockyMtnSoxFan
09-24-2008, 08:48 PM
I actually feel like we're chasing the Twins. This series feels very desperate to me.

BigP50
09-24-2008, 09:33 PM
I did but nothing has gone right