PDA

View Full Version : Should Maggs have been out there?

duke of dorwood
05-16-2002, 08:49 AM
After being in the hospital overnight, the admitting process, the tests, the checking out process, why the hell was he playing last night? I sat in right field and he looked real bad on that Young pop foul they missed before he hit the homer off Biddle. And in the ninth-he hit the first pitch-just trying to end it quickly.

Kilroy
05-16-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
After being in the hospital overnight, the admitting process, the tests, the checking out process, why the hell was he playing last night? I sat in right field and he looked real bad on that Young pop foul they missed before he hit the homer off Biddle. And in the ninth-he hit the first pitch-just trying to end it quickly.

How'd he look at the plate? I know on Tuesday night, you could see when he made up his mind to swing, but by the time he got his body to do it, the ball was past him.

I say no. He should have sat last night. And probably tonight too. As a person that's had a few back injuries, I can tell you that rest is what heals them.

Garrison
05-16-2002, 08:59 AM
They should've sat Maggs. Back injuries tend to linger and if JM keeps playing him half-fit then it'll only get worst. Rest him for a few days, a week, whatever. Be sure Maggs is totally all right before continuing to play him. We can survive a few games without him.

duke of dorwood
05-16-2002, 09:06 AM
He was chasing real high pitches. Reached base on catchers interference, but nothing close to a hit.

foulkesfan11
05-16-2002, 09:47 AM
He needs a rest. Liefer should get a chance to play.

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-16-2002, 04:11 PM
Give him a couple days rest.