PDA

View Full Version : Hawk's Theory Of Sound Rant

Carolina Kenny
09-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Does anyone have a script or MP3 of Hawk's Theory Of Sound?

Was he channelling Terry Bevington or Stephen Hawking? Is Hawk going crazy or is he coming up with the next "big thing" since he invented the batting glove?

SoxFan78
09-24-2008, 10:19 AM
They just played it on the score.

Jaffar
09-24-2008, 10:19 AM
He's been putting the thought together for 25 years, I think he is onto something!!

gosox83
09-24-2008, 10:43 AM
what did he say???? :dunno:

thedudeabides
09-24-2008, 10:52 AM
I don't even want to paraphrase it. It made my head spin. I think we can agree that Hawk officially lost it last night. :nuts:

KingXerxes
09-24-2008, 12:30 PM
I don't even want to paraphrase it. It made my head spin. I think we can agree that Hawk officially lost it last night. :nuts:

Damn.

Why do I keep missing these pearls of wisdom? Can somebody possibly fill me in - somewhat specifically - on what he said. I've gathered that he was smooching up to Minnesota all night, but have no specifics.

Thanks.

Jurr
09-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Damn.

Why do I keep missing these pearls of wisdom? Can somebody possibly fill me in - somewhat specifically - on what he said. I've gathered that he was smooching up to Minnesota all night, but have no specifics.

Thanks.
Hawk was just looking to fill air space, but he said he believed some success in baseball revolved around sound. He said, "I'm no doctor or scientist, but I think alot of baseball revolves around sounds. Your subconscious is fed by your conscious mind, and sounds can feed your subconscious with positive thoughts."

He then talked about how when the Sox come home, the sounds of the fans cheering encouragement helps them relax by feeding their subconscious with positive thoughts.

I sincerely believe that Hawk was so distraught about the game (he ranted all game with obvious criticism and disgust) that he turned his brain off and let random incoherent crap fall from his mouth.

oeo
09-24-2008, 12:51 PM
I sincerely believe that Hawk was so distraught about the game (he ranted all game with obvious criticism and disgust) that he turned his brain off and let random incoherent crap fall from his mouth.

He's been doing that a lot this year. I really believe that he does not like the 2008 White Sox. Of course he wants them to succeed, but I don't think he's been enjoying this season very much. Just my opinion, and I can't blame him. I've enjoyed the season and everything, but this is a very easy team to dislike sometimes.

Either that, or he's really heading south fast as an announcer.

Law11
09-24-2008, 12:53 PM

I was like shut up already while listening to that ramble..
ALthough how many time can you reiterate the fact that we cant even do a run down correctly.. Or Bunt, or score with guys on base, or rely just on the Homerun.. At least he didnt have to worry about complaining about the umpires last night.

But that ramble left me :scratch::scratch:

Jurr
09-24-2008, 01:02 PM
He's been doing that a lot this year. I really believe that he does not like the 2008 White Sox. Of course he wants them to succeed, but I don't think he's been enjoying this season very much. Just my opinion, and I can't blame him. I've enjoyed the season and everything, but this is a very easy team to dislike sometimes.

Either that, or he's really heading south fast as an announcer.
I know what you mean about this team being easy to dislike. It's a team that has added some talent, but is still very haunted by the barrage of losses that '07 brought. The veterans just don't have the swagger of a first place team. There's not too much excitement from them.

This team's leadership is going to change soon, as Quentin, Danks, Floyd, and Ramirez become focal points of the Sox over the next few years. It's not surprising to see that pieces acquired over this offseason (save Danks and Floyd, who were background players) were the guys that sparked a moribund team.

Optipessimism
09-24-2008, 01:26 PM
The Marlins are 45-36 at home in dead silence. If ownership put up about 10,000 cardboard cut-outs and piped in cheers they'd easily be 6-7 games better at home and as a result would be in the thick of the division and wildcard races. Of course, those cardboard cut-outs could run upwards of $4.00 a piece and a sound effects CD easily costs a good $10.00, so they'll probably have to trade Hanley Ramirez over the offseason in order to afford it for 2009.

RockyMtnSoxFan
09-24-2008, 01:34 PM
I know what you mean about this team being easy to dislike. It's a team that has added some talent, but is still very haunted by the barrage of losses that '07 brought. The veterans just don't have the swagger of a first place team. There's not too much excitement from them.

This team's leadership is going to change soon, as Quentin, Danks, Floyd, and Ramirez become focal points of the Sox over the next few years. It's not surprising to see that pieces acquired over this offseason (save Danks and Floyd, who were background players) were the guys that sparked a moribund team.

I hope the leadership changes. There are many things about this team that I dislike, beginning with the way it is constructed. The emphasis seems to be all on hitting home runs. In Oakland, at least they also focus on drawing walks.

There are only two players on this team that I am actually excited by: Quentin and Ramirez. I still like Buehrle and Jenks, and I think AJ is a great team player (despite what non-Sox fans think). I would add Danks to the list of good players with success in the future, but just about everyone else is slow, boring, and one dimensional.

Tekijawa
09-24-2008, 01:38 PM
I wonder how Brian Anderson would sound playing every day?

Adele_H
09-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Hawk was just looking to fill air space, but he said he believed some success in baseball revolved around sound. He said, "I'm no doctor or scientist, but I think alot of baseball revolves around sounds. Your subconscious is fed by your conscious mind, and sounds can feed your subconscious with positive thoughts."

:hawk

"Feisty, sometimes a microphone is more than just a microphone. WILDPEACH!"

JB98
09-24-2008, 02:24 PM
I realized Sunday that Hawk has lost it. He was yelling at Juan Uribe's routine pop to left field to "get on up in that wind" or something.

DeJesus caught that ball 50 feet in front of the warning track. It never had a prayer in hell of getting out of the park.

KingXerxes
09-24-2008, 02:55 PM

He then talked about how when the Sox come home, the sounds of the fans cheering encouragement helps them relax by feeding their subconscious with positive thoughts.

Thanks.

:farmer

"I always thought, not that I've stopped thinking by my use of the past tense.....OK let me re-phrase this......I still think that the use of sound by major league ballclubs is a very well kept, not as in kept in a well because then whatever you were keeping in the well would, as opposed to wood or Wood - like Kerry Wood, get all wet, secret that several teams have employed against the White Sox in order to win games against them. Once, while walking around Cleveland Municipal Stadium, by walking around I mean just kind of meandering within the playing field, I don't want anybody to think I was literally walking around the outside of the ball park - if I were to do that I might have fallen down the well that I suspected Cleveland held all of its radio wave broadcasting apparati in......come to think of it, maybe it was a well kept secret in Cleveland but I still can't figure out how they waterproofed all of that electrical equipment."

Hokiesox
09-24-2008, 02:57 PM
What would Stone say? I can't wait to find out next year.

hi im skot
09-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks.

"I always thought, not that I've stopped thinking by my use of the past tense.....OK let me re-phrase this......I still think that the use of sound by major league ballclubs is a very well kept, not as in kept in a well because then whatever you were keeping in the well would, as opposed to wood or Wood - like Kerry Wood, get all wet, secret that several teams have employed against the White Sox in order to win games against them. Once, while walking around Cleveland Municipal Stadium, by walking around I mean just kind of meandering within the playing field, I don't want anybody to think I was literally walking around the outside of the ball park - if I were to do that I might have fallen down the well that I suspected Cleveland held all of its radio wave broadcasting apparati in......come to think of it, maybe it was a well kept secret in Cleveland but I still can't figure out how they waterproofed all of that electrical equipment."

The King!!

:rolling:

PatK
09-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Man, Hawk was so bad last night I quit watching the game and missed that gem.

Adele_H
09-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks.

"Steve, the answer to all questions in the universe is not '42', but 'a bloop & a blast'.

Don't forget to tip your local fireman"

Marqhead
09-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Classic. Well played King.

Konerko05
09-24-2008, 03:16 PM
I realized Sunday that Hawk has lost it. He was yelling at Juan Uribe's routine pop to left field to "get on up in that wind" or something.

DeJesus caught that ball 50 feet in front of the warning track. It never had a prayer in hell of getting out of the park.

I was laughing about that too.

A couple years ago, he used to be pretty dead on with homerun calls. Now he seems to be begging any semi-deep fly ball to go over the fence.

Carolina Kenny
09-24-2008, 03:22 PM

That was funny, and not ha ha funny. I do think Hawk might be losing it. His mind that is. The 2008 Sox will do that to you.

chisoxfanatic
09-24-2008, 03:37 PM
I was laughing about that too.

A couple years ago, he used to be pretty dead on with homerun calls. Now he seems to be begging any semi-deep fly ball to go over the fence.
And Dye's that was caught on the warning track Saturday night in the 9th inning, he was like:

:hawk
"Stretch! Stretch! Get on back there! It wi...DADGUMMIT!!!"

EuroSox35
09-24-2008, 08:12 PM
This is the type of thing you say when you're wasted or maybe on something. You could tell he's been dieing to talk about it, and just decided to bring it up, I've been in those moments, where about 5 seconds in you realize it wasn't such a good idea