PDA

View Full Version : Rick Morrisey outs the Moron...

Kilroy
05-16-2002, 07:46 AM
Calls him out by name.

From today's Cubune:

Now this thing [Cubs slide into hell] has a momentum of its own, though, and the jackals are looking for some fresh meat. When Wood ripped into the Cubs for lacking fire after a 3-0 loss to the Cardinals on Monday night, he was ripping his teammates, not Baylor. That was obvious to anyone in the clubhouse.

The problem was that Sun-Times columnist Jay Mariotti wasn't there, but made the world-class leap that Wood was ripping his manager. The implication was that Wood wanted Baylor unemployed.

It would have been a nice column if it had been true.

It helps to be there, to hear a tirade in person and not surf the Internet for secondhand information. It also helps to remember real people and real careers are involved here. But when writers don't face the people they skewer, it makes life so much easier. No messiness. No uncomfortable confrontations. Just move on to the next victim.

This could get interesting...

duke of dorwood
05-16-2002, 07:51 AM
:moron

Ah... Hello Sox Fans. You believe me, dont you?

Chisox353014
05-16-2002, 12:21 PM
I wonder how long before the Moron writes his retaliatory column?
It seems like 'ol Jay is pretty much universally despised by both fans and fellow journalists alike. It's pretty rare to see a writer call out another writer by name like this. I guess that's what happens when you spew needlessly controversial opinions and rely on :fluffy as your main fact-checker.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-16-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
...It's pretty rare to see a writer call out another writer by name like this. I guess that's what happens when you spew needlessly controversial opinions and rely on fluffy as your main fact-checker.

I can't ever recall a sports columnist calling out a rival columnist by name like Morrissey did this morning to Moronotti. I suspect we haven't seen the last shot fired in this growing feud.

:moron
"Maybe I'll use the ol' 'Cubune columnist defending a fellow employee' tact? My manhood is far too small to take this lying down!"

FarWestChicago
05-16-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I can't ever recall a sports columnist calling out a rival columnist by name like Morrissey did this morning to Moronotti. I suspect we haven't seen the last shot fired in this growing feud.
:morrisey

Even we Cubune employees can't stand that steaming pile of dung. I don't know how the cat can tolerate the smell.