PDA

View Full Version : Permission to Fail

Bill Naharodny
09-23-2008, 10:31 PM
That's what I think Ozzie gave our guys as far back as last month, when he kept insisting that we needed to have more than a 3 game lead before this series. I thought it was strange then, and it seems like it now.

You hear it in the interviews with our players, and you see it on the field.

Was Ozzie just being realistic? You know, I don't think so -- the games have to be played.

Yes, we haven't been swept yet and may not. But there's nobody who can say that they've liked our approach to baseball tonight. That's mental.

Lundind1
09-23-2008, 10:36 PM
We can't just win one, we need at least two here. I agree with you whole heartedly. I want to throw something yet I know now that I might be resigned to the fate of blowing it.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-23-2008, 10:40 PM
That's what I think Ozzie gave our guys as far back as last month, when he kept insisting that we needed to have more than a 3 game lead before this series. I thought it was strange then, and it seems like it now.

I thought it was sarcastic then, and still do now. Ozzie was reacting to others who were saying this, not agreeing with them.

pmck003
09-23-2008, 10:42 PM
We can't just win one, we need at least two here. I agree with you whole heartedly. I want to throw something yet I know now that I might be resigned to the fate of blowing it.

1-2 will do to win the division; had to think before this started that Burls or Floyd give the best chance