A. Cavatica
09-23-2008, 10:18 PM
He's slugging .342.

soxfan44
09-23-2008, 10:26 PM
This team is a JOKE.

geraldfritz
09-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Yeah, especially in Minnesota, we need someone like Brian Anderson in there who can cover some ground

Parrothead
09-23-2008, 10:31 PM
The joke is on us. And they let Thome reach his AB's so now he is going to get 13 mil next year. The Sox are in trouble for a while. Too many guys who can't field, throw or run.

sox1970
09-23-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm thinking- release him, let him sign with Seattle, and he can get his final AB's with them. He's toast.

Jpgr91
09-23-2008, 10:33 PM
He's slugging .342.

I do not understand why. In that game, MLB freaturing Griffey his swing zone was huge!!!! I mean, you could bunt a homerun.

Tragg
09-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Yeah, especially in Minnesota, we need someone like Brian Anderson in there who can cover some ground
Since 2006, Ozzie Guillen has consistently demonstrated either a)that he doesn't give a hoot about CF defense; or b)he hs no clue has to judge CF defense.
It's not going to happen - if Mack were on the team, Ozzie would have him out there.

WhiteSox5187
09-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Since 2006, Ozzie Guillen has consistently demonstrated either a)that he doesn't give a hoot about CF defense; or b)he hs no clue has to judge CF defense.
It's not going to happen - if Mack were on the team, Ozzie would have him out there.
Mack provided better offense, now Anderson clearly provides better offense than either Griffey or Swisher.

spongyfungy
09-23-2008, 10:52 PM
he got all of that one. meaningless nonetheless

EDIT :crap. wrong thread

A. Cavatica
09-23-2008, 10:54 PM
I stand by my earlier grumble...

pczarapa
09-23-2008, 10:55 PM
He's slugging .342.

Maybe his bat will get hot, that was a bonafied friggin' rocket he hit in the 9th

Tragg
09-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Mack provided better offense, now Anderson clearly provides better offense than either Griffey or Swisher.
Guillen's not going to play Anderson.
Williams will probably give him away as a throw in in some trade over the winter. like Sweeney - he didn't play Ozzie-style, so you just as soon him send him somewher else. Jerry Owens is Ozzie's man.

kevingrt
09-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Maybe his bat will get hot, that was a bonafied friggin' rocket he hit in the 9th

Griffey must have saw this thread on his iPhone in the dugout between innings. :D:

NoNeckEra
09-23-2008, 11:05 PM
What, on a "get me over fastball" right in his wheelhouse?
And then he has the balls to give it the "home run stare" and do a slow trot around the bases.

gf2020
09-23-2008, 11:30 PM
=And they let Thome reach his AB's so now he is going to get 13 mil next year.
Yeah, they should have sat him for more than a week during the pennant race so Nick Swisher and Brian Anderson could play more. So offensive production would be worse. And Thome is a popular guy in the clubhouse and players generally want to see players get paid. So the clubhouse atmosphere would be worse. And Thome would likely see a large portion or the whole of that number anyway due to a grievance which wouldn't be too hard to win based off of an obvious benching in a pennant race when the player involved is more productive than any of other options.

But other than that, Kenny and Ozzie blew it in their handling of Thome.

Madscout
09-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Straight up, BA in CF NOW!

thomas35forever
09-23-2008, 11:36 PM
BA won't be in center. Swisher will. Ozzie hasn't started BA consistently all year. What makes you think he'll change now?

DaveFeelsRight
09-23-2008, 11:36 PM
But he hit a home run today!

Parrothead
09-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah, they should have sat him for more than a week during the pennant race so Nick Swisher and Brian Anderson could play more. So offensive production would be worse. And Thome is a popular guy in the clubhouse and players generally want to see players get paid. So the clubhouse atmosphere would be worse. And Thome would likely see a large portion or the whole of that number anyway due to a grievance which wouldn't be too hard to win based off of an obvious benching in a pennant race when the player involved is more productive than any of other options.

I agree BA should be playing more. Glad you get it, it is money wasted. Hopefully KW can unload a couple of our many DH's over the off season and aquire players.

Daver
09-23-2008, 11:41 PM
I agree BA should be playing more. Glad you get it, it is money wasted. Hopefully KW can unload a couple of our many DH's over the off season and aquire players.

Don't be surprised when Brian Anderson is one of the players traded this winter.

thomas35forever
09-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Don't be surprised when Brian Anderson is one of the players traded this winter.
I don't think WSI is ready to handle such an event. The site might collapse on himself.

It's Dankerific
09-23-2008, 11:46 PM

I don't think WSI is ready to handle such an event. The site might collapse on himself.

I will be very sad to see him leave the White Sox, but very HAPPY for BA to finally get a chance somewhere. It will be nauseating to watch BA perform well for another team. I'm hoping its in the NL where it will hurt less.

Madscout
09-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Wasn't this said last year, and the year before that, or is it just me?

Noneck
09-23-2008, 11:47 PM

I agree because he is one the few players in the system that both has some worth and is expendable in the Sox eyes.

TomBradley72
09-23-2008, 11:50 PM
All I can say is I'm glad someone besides me started this thread. :cool:

Parrothead
09-23-2008, 11:52 PM

I won't be nor will I be surprised when KW picks up another DH or another slow guy who will hit .245 to replace him.

Konerko05
09-23-2008, 11:56 PM
Tomorrow I want to see Swisher in left and Anderson in center, but it doesn't really matter what I want.

Today Ozzie basically played our worst possible outfield defense in the Metrodome. Was the "offense" they gave us really worth it?

About Anderson being traded.... if KW was going to trade him, wouldn't it have happened by now? The longer he hangs onto him, the older he is gets. Why wouldn't KW have used him as trade bait this last offseason? Was he that valuable to the Sox as a 4th/5th outfielder?

I believe KW wants Anderson to be the CF for the Sox next year. We will see how that works out with Ozzie's plans.

drewcifer
09-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Tomorrow I want to see Swisher in left and Anderson in center, but it doesn't really matter what I want.

Today Ozzie basically played our worst possible outfield defense in the Metrodome. Was the "offense" they gave us really worth it?

About Anderson being traded.... if KW was going to trade him, wouldn't it have happened by now? The longer he hangs onto him, the older he is gets. Why wouldn't KW have used him as trade bait this last offseason? Was he that valuable to the Sox as a 4th/5th outfielder?

I believe KW wants Anderson to be the CF for the Sox next year. We will see how that works out with Ozzie's plans.

KW has wanted him to play CF since 06. We haven't acquired anybody that KW "endorsed" as a CFer since this bedpost notch Griffey thing that he was hell bent on doing.

It seems he and Ozzie have no ****ing clue what a real CFer is despite having a few good chances at getting two; each also being capable of being better lead off hitters than JO or O-Cab.

Ironic.

JB98
09-24-2008, 12:25 AM

Anderson was injured for a good chunk of 2007, and he hit only .255 in AAA before he got hurt. I don't think there was much of a market for him last offseason. Since he's shown improvement this year, there might be some teams out there who would be interested.

champagne030
09-24-2008, 12:30 AM
What, on a "get me over fastball" right in his wheelhouse?
And then he has the balls to give it the "home run stare" and do a slow trot around the bases.

It wasn't a slow trot, he was running at full speed.

drewcifer
09-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Anderson was injured for a good chunk of 2007, and he hit only .255 in AAA before he got hurt. I don't think there was much of a market for him last offseason. Since he's shown improvement this year, there might be some teams out there who would be interested.

Maybe, whatever. He's not going to net anything.

We missed the boat when we didn't get Figgins after '06. That was the guy.

To top, we lost our "lock" CF to them who they didn't even need, and picked up their dogs' turds afterwards in OC for Garland.

Awesome.

WhiteSox5187
09-24-2008, 12:36 AM
According to a memeber of the Reds front office, the Reds asked for Anderson to be in the trade for Griffey but Kenny said he was going to be our starting CFer for '09.

IronFisk
09-24-2008, 12:41 AM
Jr made me ill tonight - I totally predicted the DP in the 1st.

Anderson needs to be there - he has energy. that kinda helped us in 05.

WhiteSoxBlog
09-24-2008, 12:46 AM
But he hit a home run today!
Not to mention picked up an RBI while grounding into a double play. Can't get that kind of stuff from BA.

voodoochile
09-24-2008, 12:48 AM
Not to mention picked up an RBI while grounding into a double play. Can't get that kind of stuff from BA.

Don't get credited with an RBI when you ground into a DP.

sunofgold
09-24-2008, 01:23 AM
We need somebody to get hot. I think Griffey has to be in the lineup tomorrow. Put him in DH.

Griffey really almost caught that triple. Wouldn't have mattered. Probably BA catches that ball. Wouldn't have mattered.

I expect to see Griffey in the lineup tomorrow. probably will be the same lineup.

UofCSoxFan
09-24-2008, 01:34 AM
The joke is on us. And they let Thome reach his AB's so now he is going to get 13 mil next year. The Sox are in trouble for a while. Too many guys who can't field, throw or run.

Thome has an OPS of .871 this year...which is the same as Joe Mauer's. I wonder if Twins fans are lementing the fact Mauer's signed next year.

Dye's OPS is .886. I guess you don't want him back either.

This team would be great with a bunch of Brian Anderson's in the OF and a bunch of Danny Richar's in the IF.

Craig Grebeck
09-24-2008, 01:36 AM
I won't be nor will I be surprised when KW picks up another DH or another slow guy who will hit .245 to replace him.
I love when people complain about Jim Thome.

Craig Grebeck
09-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Thome has an OPS of .871 this year...which is the same as Joe Mauer's. I wonder if Twins fans are lementing the fact Mauer's signed next year.

This team would be great with a bunch of Brian Anderson's in the OF and a bunch of Danny Richar's in the IF.
(I love Jim, just pointing out a fact)

Mauer having an .871 OPS is ridiculous considering the position he plays. Thome -- not so much, he's in an offensive position.

chisoxfanatic
09-24-2008, 01:38 AM
No kidding; he is among the least of our problems right now. There are 4 or 5 guys I'd get on before Thome.

Konerko05
09-24-2008, 01:45 AM
(I love Jim, just pointing out a fact)

Mauer having an .871 OPS is ridiculous considering the position he plays. Thome -- not so much, he's in an offensive position.

25 year old great defensive catcher.

Not to mention, he is hitting .330 with 82/47 BB/SO.

Not every hitter with the same OPS is equal.

kittle42
09-24-2008, 01:50 AM

Could the IF be 2 of Chris Getz? Would 5 Charlie Haegers be in the starting rotation? Would it be possible to reacquire Jeremy Reed to DH?

Frater Perdurabo
09-24-2008, 07:00 AM
Could the IF be 2 of Chris Getz? Would 5 Charlie Haegers be in the starting rotation? Would it be possible to reacquire Jeremy Reed to DH?

Why have rational debate when you can mock with over-the-top hyperbole?

Parrothead
09-24-2008, 07:34 AM

I like Thome. However, I think they can be better with Dye at DH, and with a right fielder who could cover some ground.

We have 8 guys hitting below .250 and of which 5 can't run. That is too many. We have a team of DH's. That has to change.

TomBradley72
09-24-2008, 07:51 AM
I like Thome. However, I think they can be better with Dye at DH, and with a right fielder who could cover some ground.

We have 8 guys hitting below .250 and of which 5 can't run. That is too many. We have a team of DH's. That has to change.

But it never does. From Lamont/Schueler with George Bell and Bo Jackson to the situation we're in now...we are ALWAYS stockpiled with more LF/1B/DHs than we really have room for but we TALK as if our philosophy is based on defense, speed, fundamentals, etc.

Other than 2005, we're usually a 16" softball team.

09-24-2008, 08:48 AM
According to a memeber of the Reds front office, the Reds asked for Anderson to be in the trade for Griffey but Kenny said he was going to be our starting CFer for '09.

Now this is the most interesting post of an otherwise same old same old thread.

Any more details to share? Curious as to where you heard it.

russ99
09-24-2008, 08:51 AM
We've got a lot bigger problems than Brian freaking Anderson.

My only hope is that all three of Griffey, Anderson and Owens are gone next season and we end up with a real CF who can hit, field, get on base, and just maybe steal a base once in a while.

Craig Grebeck
09-24-2008, 09:10 AM
But it never does. From Lamont/Schueler with George Bell and Bo Jackson to the situation we're in now...we are ALWAYS stockpiled with more LF/1B/DHs than we really have room for but we TALK as if our philosophy is based on defense, speed, fundamentals, etc.

Other than 2005, we're usually a 16" softball team.
...Except we hit a ton of home runs in 2005 as well.

kittle42
09-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Why have rational debate when you can mock with over-the-top hyperbole?

The day the FOBAs have a rational debate will be the first. I've been trying to make this debate rational almost since it began. I'm a little too lazy right now to go find those posts, but I am sure others will remember some of them. I am neither an Anderson fan nor an Anderson "hater."

BainesHOF
09-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Whether to play Griffey is a tough call. I'm sure Ozzie keeps putting him in there with the hope that he'll find his home-run swing. Griffey was hitting home runs pretty regularly for the Reds. For some reason, perhaps the huge difference in the quality between leagues, Griffey has all but lost his power stroke in the A.L.

I compare Ozzie sticking with Griffey with sticking with Konerko this season. You know the guy's track record and you cross your fingers that he's going to regain his power form. Konerko eventually broke out of it somewhat. Maybe Griffey will, too. We sure could use the offense now, that's for sure.

By the way, what in the world happened to Dye's power in the last month?

Griffey remains a viable alternative thanks to Swisher's season-long offensive struggles. At this point, I've seen enough of Swisher this season. He's batted somewhere around .200, if that, since the All-Star break.

I agree that Anderson is the other alternative. While he's not as great defensive as many around here think (thanks mainly for his habit of throwing to the wrong base), he obviously gets amazing jumps and can go get the ball. However, at the plate he can still look ridiculously overmatched, though there's no doubt he's improved in that area this season, which is especially impressive considering his sporadic at-bats.

Unlike Thome this season, I don't think Griffey has any business starting against lefties. In my opinion, Griffey should start against righties, which he still hits well, and Anderson should start against lefties. I think that's a fairly obviously solution.

One other thing...I've always remembered Jeff Torborg's philosophy of putting his best defensive team on the field when his club was struggling offensively - the thinking being that because runs were going to be scarce, you might as well do your best to make them scarce for the opposition as well. That's always made sense to me.

RockyMtnSoxFan
09-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Whether to play Griffey is a tough call. I'm sure Ozzie keeps putting him in there with the hope that he'll find his home-run swing. Griffey was hitting home runs pretty regularly for the Reds. For some reason, perhaps the huge difference in the quality between leagues, Griffey has all but lost his power stroke in the A.L.

I think he plays Griffey because he was so impressed with him while they were both playing in the same league. Maybe his dislike for Frank had something to do with that.

I compare Ozzie sticking with Griffey with sticking with Konerko this season. You know the guy's track record and you cross your fingers that he's going to regain his power form. Konerko eventually broke out of it somewhat. Maybe Griffey will, too. We sure could use the offense now, that's for sure.

I think the obvious difference between the two is age. Konerko is 32, and should be in the prime of his career. If he struggles, you figure that it's just a temporary thing and he will come back to normal. Griffey, on the other hand, is 38 and has shown definite signs of aging and losing the pop and speed he once had. If he slumps, you aren't sure whether it's just temporary, or this is what you get now.

One other thing...I've always remembered Jeff Torborg's philosophy of putting his best defensive team on the field when his club was struggling offensively - the thinking being that because runs were going to be scarce, you might as well do your best to make them scarce for the opposition as well. That's always made sense to me.

That sounds reasonable to me. Besides, right now you are not giving up much offense, if any, by replacing Griffey with Anderson. We all know how the atrocious Dome plays different than any other park in the league. On that turf, a ground ball through the infield could skip all the way to the wall if you don't have a fast outfield. But, Ozzie has a man crush on Griffey, so he must be the best option.

Evman5
09-24-2008, 11:35 AM
That sounds reasonable to me. Besides, right now you are not giving up much offense, if any, by replacing Griffey with Anderson. We all know how the atrocious Dome plays different than any other park in the league. On that turf, a ground ball through the infield could skip all the way to the wall if you don't have a fast outfield. But, Ozzie has a man crush on Griffey, so he must be the best option.

Exactly...we are struggling on offense right now. It's not like Griffey has been killing the ball and BA has come up with some really big hits for us this year.

areilly
09-24-2008, 11:41 AM
...Except we hit a ton of home runs in 2005 as well.

That's absolutely true, but in 2005 the Sox could also do lots of other things. This year, and pretty much every other year since the strike...not so much.

EMachine10
09-24-2008, 11:48 AM
:praying:

voodoochile
09-24-2008, 11:52 AM
That's absolutely true, but in 2005 the Sox could also do lots of other things. This year, and pretty much every other year since the strike...not so much.

The one thing the Sox had going for them in 2005 over everything else was a lights out pitching staff. People like to point to their record in 1-run games that year but you can't win one run games unless the pitching lets you. Offensively it wasn't that good of a team...

BainesHOF
09-24-2008, 01:09 PM
I think the obvious difference between the two is age. Konerko is 32, and should be in the prime of his career. If he struggles, you figure that it's just a temporary thing and he will come back to normal. Griffey, on the other hand, is 38 and has shown definite signs of aging and losing the pop and speed he once had. If he slumps, you aren't sure whether it's just temporary, or this is what you get now.

Well, we all remember how bad Thome was earlier this season. He snapped out of it. So can Griffey. Griffey was belting home runs for the Reds in the first half of this season, and was in fact heating up around the time of the trade.

oeo
09-24-2008, 01:13 PM

You mean, execute? If this team could get their heads out of their asses, they could do exactly what the 2005 team did. Maybe we don't have a Scott Podsednik, but that's about the only difference.

Lefty34
09-24-2008, 01:17 PM
You mean, execute? If this team could get their heads out of their asses, they could do exactly what the 2005 team did. Maybe we don't have a Scott Podsednik, but that's about the only difference.

The '05 team had absolutely lights-out relief pitching to compliment starters that were having great years. That is the reason we won it in '05. I really cannot say the same about the bullpen this year. It was great in the first half, but Ozzie's love of Dotel and other pitchers being downright awful have lost us more than a few games. So unless you are talking about the pitchers, let the '05 nostalgia go.

WhiteSox5187
09-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Now this is the most interesting post of an otherwise same old same old thread.

Any more details to share? Curious as to where you heard it.
I can't name names because I'm not a reporter and he was not under the impression that this could be quoted I think, but it's about as high as you can get in the Reds front office.

sunofgold
09-24-2008, 01:49 PM
That is what Hawk said.

Griffey did crush a home run yesterday. We really need somebody to get hot. Griffey does have 16 rbi's for us in 116 ABs which would amount to over a season about 80 rbi's (600 abs). That isn't too bad for somebody who only has 2 HRs.
I pretty sure that is how Ozzie is thinking. With a lead in the late innings, of course, BA comes in for defense.

soxrme
09-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Not only Ozzie but KW also. Not getting Rowand back or letting him go in the first place was wrong.

FedEx227
09-24-2008, 02:43 PM
The '05 team had absolutely lights-out relief pitching to compliment starters that were having great years. That is the reason we won it in '05. I really cannot say the same about the bullpen this year. It was great in the first half, but Ozzie's love of Dotel and other pitchers being downright awful have lost us more than a few games. So unless you are talking about the pitchers, let the '05 nostalgia go.

05 was all about lights-out starters, an amazing bullpen. Another key though was Carl Everett. Now, we hit homers and lot of them, absolutely. But one key was Everett down 0-2, changed his swing and shortened up just so he could make contact. That was HUGE. Go back and watch some 05 playoff games and see how his entire approach chances with 2 strikes.

That's what I would love to see from this team, I have no problem with them being boppers, but with 2 strikes, make an adjustment and just put the bat on the ball, just get a single, do something.

But don't get it twisted. 05 was because of home runs, we hit a lot of them. It was home runs, starting pitching, bullpen and defense. Not Ozzieball or small ball.

kittle42
09-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Not only Ozzie but KW also. Not getting Rowand back or letting him go in the first place was wrong.

Some things never go away. Rowand for Thome was a good deal.

WhiteSox5187
09-24-2008, 02:57 PM
It was, I don't mind that deal at all. But here is a question I have, we were reluctant to give Rowand a fifth year because we didn't want him in the OF for us at that age. Fine. But then we go out and get Griffey who is three years older than Rowand would be in that fifth year...that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Johnny Mostil
09-24-2008, 03:06 PM

The deal didn't bother me at the time, but, in hindsight, PHG sure convinced me otherwise in this (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=94719) thread. (And this week Xerxes has started to change my mind on Guillen, but that's another story.)

It's Dankerific
09-24-2008, 03:20 PM
It was, I don't mind that deal at all. But here is a question I have, we were reluctant to give Rowand a fifth year because we didn't want him in the OF for us at that age. Fine. But then we go out and get Griffey who is three years older than Rowand would be in that fifth year...that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Now, in that HOF plaque, there gets to be a mention of the White Sox. Rowand already would have that mention if he were to mutate and become a HOF player.

kittle42
09-24-2008, 03:21 PM

Griffey wasn't acquired to be anything but a backup plan. I still didn't like the trade, but really, it seemed like a non-move at the time - the OF was already set with Quentin, Dye, and Swisher, and Griffey was only brought in to push Swisher/Konerko.

So you can't really compare the two situations at all.

Adele_H
09-24-2008, 03:45 PM
No kidding; he is among the least of our problems right now. There are 4 or 5 guys I'd get on before Thome.

a. Thome is not hitting this month.
b. Thome can't hit a pitch that's not a mistake.
c. Thome was awful in close & late even when he was doing good overall.

No, Thome is not as big a problem as Dye or Vazquez lately. But don't act like he's been lighting the world on fire since summer temps started to go down, either.

I am starting to understand why Thome (and Griffey) have no rings despite playing on some very good teams over the years.

FoulTerritory
09-24-2008, 03:54 PM
05 was all about lights-out starters, an amazing bullpen. Another key though was Carl Everett. Now, we hit homers and lot of them, absolutely. But one key was Everett down 0-2, changed his swing and shortened up just so he could make contact. That was HUGE. Go back and watch some 05 playoff games and see how his entire approach chances with 2 strikes.

That's what I would love to see from this team, I have no problem with them being boppers, but with 2 strikes, make an adjustment and just put the bat on the ball, just get a single, do something.

But don't get it twisted. 05 was because of home runs, we hit a lot of them. It was home runs, starting pitching, bullpen and defense. Not Ozzieball or small ball.

Well, the White Sox offense in 05 was, like this one, predominantly about home runs -- I don't disagree with you about that.

but, when needed, the 05 offense COULD play small ball. Pods could steal a base and bunt, Iguchi could bunt and directionally hit to advance runners. And Rowand could play some small ball too. You had guys in the lineup that COULD do it if needed -- as in games where the home run didn't necessarily provide the win.

This team, like that team, primarily relies on HRs, but it can't get those few extra wins in some of those games when the HRs don't come.

kittle42
09-24-2008, 03:56 PM
I am starting to understand why Thome (and Griffey) have no rings despite playing on some very good teams over the years.

They are both kind of shells of their former selves these days. That's not exactly a fair statement to either of them.

WhiteSox5187
09-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Griffey wasn't acquired to be anything but a backup plan. I still didn't like the trade, but really, it seemed like a non-move at the time - the OF was already set with Quentin, Dye, and Swisher, and Griffey was only brought in to push Swisher/Konerko.

So you can't really compare the two situations at all.
When Kenny got Griffey, he said that Griffey was now going to be our starting CFer. It was a move he made because he previous plan with Swisher in CF failed. I don't know what exactly Swisher or Griffey contribute to this team that Rowand couldn't, besides worse defense. Swisher hits for more power, but not much else.

Nellie_Fox
09-24-2008, 05:01 PM
When Kenny got Griffey, he said that Griffey was now going to be our starting CFer. It was a move he made because he previous plan with Swisher in CF failed. I don't know what exactly Swisher or Griffey contribute to this team that Rowand couldn't, besides worse defense. Swisher hits for more power, but not much else.Rowand is gone. He's been gone. Get over it.

Lip Man 1
09-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Two things:

Apparently Griffey starts in CF this evening against a right hander.

Fed Ex:

The Sox were in the top five in the league in 05 in the following categories:

Home Runs
Infield Hits
Sacrifice Flys
Sacrifice Bunts
Stolen Bases

Balance my friend, balance.

Lip

Sockinchisox
09-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Per Ozzie, Griffey is staying in center.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2008/09/lineup-change-1.html

BainesHOF
09-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Griffey is obviously swinging the bat well at the moment. He's the least of our problems.

Dye and Konerko are killing us in this series so far.