View Full Version : Interesting Story

Lip Man 1
09-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Looking at the mental aspect of this series:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/deluca/1178885,CST-SPT-deluca23.article

Lip

NLaloosh
09-23-2008, 01:41 PM
A lot of that is true BUT the Sox still have 2 very important things in their favor that will bring the division championship to them.

1. They come in with a very important 2 1/2 game lead.

2. The Twins starting pitchers are so young and inexperienced. They are more likely to wet the bed than Vazquez, Buehrle and Floyd. Floyd is too but he's shown real stones lately.

One way or another the Sox get to the playoffs.

Jerko
09-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Let's just win 2 of these games and hope for a win vs. Cleveland over the weekend. Royals may bite the Twins once too. Just hope we don't play that game on the 29th.........

DumpJerry
09-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Maybe some of the crap play we've seen recently is due to looking at the calendar.

delben91
09-23-2008, 01:54 PM
If everyone thinks the Sox are doomed then they must be doomed.

Almost feel bad for the players, knowing they're predestined to get their asses kicked the next three nights.

If only they could control how they played...if only... :whiner:

pythons007
09-23-2008, 02:56 PM
All I'm hoping for is that the Sox pitchers go after hitters early. Don't give Mauer or Morneau the opportunity to drive in runs, because those two are the only ones that seem to kill the Sox in crucial situations. If someone else beats them fine. Just don't let it be either of those two. I wouldn't mind seeing Javy giving Morneau some chin music a couple times tonght! I hate that *******!

guillensdisciple
09-23-2008, 03:01 PM
All I'm hoping for is that the Sox pitchers go after hitters early. Don't give Mauer or Morneau the opportunity to drive in runs, because those two are the only ones that seem to kill the Sox in crucial situations. If someone else beats them fine. Just don't let it be either of those two. I wouldn't mind seeing Javy giving Morneau some chin music a couple times tonght! I hate that *******!

If anything those are the only two people that should do anything against the sox. The problem is the White Sox usually walk the wrong people and then get hurt by the big guys.

bluestar
09-23-2008, 03:31 PM
In the last series in Minnesota, Morneau drove in eight runs against the Sox. Eight! I say walk him anytime he comes to the plate, and by "walk" I don't mean throwing four intentional balls. I hate letting one player beat us repeatedly like that.

WisSoxFan
09-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Maybe some of the crap play we've seen recently is due to looking at the calendar.

XXX

I was thinking the same thing. How about concentrating on the game in front of you as opposed to those down the line. I know it's human nature, but it does make one wonder...

thomas35forever
09-23-2008, 04:48 PM
How is it most voters of that poll are saying we won't win the division? Must be Cubs fans.