PDA

View Full Version : Cub fans behaving badly Part 7

roylestillman
09-23-2008, 10:32 AM
What is up this year with Cub fans and fights. Now thry're going after one another and this time its fatal:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/1179525,CST-NWS-fight23.article

Cat Thief
09-23-2008, 10:47 AM
The Apartment has been bad news for a long time.

twentywontowin
09-23-2008, 10:49 AM
I don't see how the Cubs part of the article is relevant. The issue is alcohol induced violence, with no mention of how the Cubs tied into the violence.

eriqjaffe
09-23-2008, 11:36 AM
I don't see how the Cubs part of the article is relevant. The issue is alcohol induced violence, with no mention of how the Cubs tied into the violence.Seems pretty plain that the alcohol-induced violence was the result of an argument about the Cubs game.

ChiSoxFan81
09-23-2008, 12:29 PM
I don't see how the Cubs part of the article is relevant. The issue is alcohol induced violence, with no mention of how the Cubs tied into the violence.

Actually, it mentions that they were jawing about the Cubs' clinching win. What there was to argue about, I can only imagine.

I'm surprised the guy lived this long. It said he was a SW side Cubs fan.

thomas35forever
09-23-2008, 12:39 PM
See what happens when alcohol and sports go together?

alohafri
09-23-2008, 02:14 PM

That's an easy one...to sell newspapers. Create a flashy headline about a cub fan getting killed on the southwest side. cub fans will buy the paper to prove what they already know about Sox fans. Then, they get disappointed when they read it was blue on blue violence, but still say that it was perpetrated by Sox fans disguised as cub fans.

cub killer
09-25-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm surprised the guy lived this long. It said he was a SW side Cubs fan.

I agree 100%. The SW side is White Sox country