PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Chicago

34rancher
05-15-2002, 11:41 PM
I watched that piece of crap news cast on Fox News Chicago. I then e-mailed them the following.

"That has to be the lowest of the low. Interviewing Frank Thomas' ex-wife over a year after their divorce? What on earth are you thinking? I vow to never watch your news again. That was the worst bit of journalism I have ever seen. What on earth are you thinking? It is part of their personal life. Leave it personal! Just pure trash."

I encourage you to do the same.

www.Foxchicago.com

Click on viewer feedback. Where is Sonny when we need him and the rest of the old White Sox Army?

RedPinStripes
05-16-2002, 12:03 AM
That was beyond low! :angry:

GASHWOUND
05-16-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by 34rancher
I watched that piece of crap news cast on Fox News Chicago. I then e-mailed them the following.

"That has to be the lowest of the low. Interviewing Frank Thomas' ex-wife over a year after their divorce? What on earth are you thinking? I vow to never watch your news again. That was the worst bit of journalism I have ever seen. What on earth are you thinking? It is part of their personal life. Leave it personal! Just pure trash."

www.Foxchicago.com

Click on viewer feedback. Where is Sonny when we need him and the rest of the old White Sox Army?

I missed the piece, what the hell did Franks' ex-wife say anyway?

palehosemike
05-16-2002, 12:25 AM
Here is what I sent them: :angry:

A news segment on Frank Thomas' ex-wife? So tell me when are you guys hiring Jerry Springer as an investigative reporter? That segment was in bad taste.

Daver
05-16-2002, 12:31 AM

www.Foxchicago.com

I sent mine Rancher,the rest of the Sox Army will follow suit,I have no doubt.

doublem23
05-16-2002, 12:48 AM
Sent.

hsc1
05-16-2002, 01:17 AM
consider another one sent...... man i was so pissed im glad i had the spell check on for that one......

OfficerKarkovice
05-16-2002, 01:46 AM
sent as well

bjmarte
05-16-2002, 01:47 AM
Me too.

Kroozah
05-16-2002, 01:50 AM
Sent one as well

:D:

baggio202
05-16-2002, 01:57 AM
mine sent...i have to ask..what was she trying to accomplish???..poor baby...she had to give up a little privacy to live in a mansion with 15 bathroom and a complete staff to answer to her every whim and a gold card with probably a 10 million dollar limit...now she's out of the spotlight (well she was until she put herself back in it) and gets some where in the neighborhood of 5 million in support and alimony (thats a guess..im figuring 50%)...oh the trajedy of it all

for all you single guys out there take a good hard look at this conieving sorry b*tch...i urge anyone contemplating marriage to really take your time and make sure you know the girl you are marrying...cause if your wrong...and kids are involved your gonna pay for a long , long time..and your gonna end up screwing your kids up too

RedPinStripes
05-16-2002, 04:28 AM
I sent one before they even aired it. Then i sent one after letting them know i boycott as long as jacobson works there.
They might not give a **** because i haven't bought the times in over a year and they don't care.

WinningUgly!
05-16-2002, 08:07 AM
Here's what I sent them...

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Congratulations Fox News Chicago, on distancing yourselves from the rest of TV News in Chicago. I never really took Fox's news broadcasts seriously before, and Walter Jacobson's piece with Frank Thomas' ex-wife last night gives me one more reason not to. I now understand why Jacobson was unable to land a job with any of the "big 3" in Chicago, and ended up at Fox. I can't say you will be losing a regular viewer in me, because I only tuned in to your borderline tabloid-TV show once in a great while. I will no longer be making that mistake.

duke of dorwood
05-16-2002, 08:45 AM
Sent -never too old to join the Army

foulkesfan11
05-16-2002, 09:38 AM
i didn't see it last night because I was at the game, however, I caught it this morning. They must have re-aired it. That was pathetic. Yes, baseball players get divorced like everyone else. That doesn't mean everyone's exwife needs to be interviewed. I don't think I've ever seen that before. I'm emailing Fox right now. :angry:

Soxboyrob
05-16-2002, 09:44 AM
What was said?
Can somebody post a synopsis for those that missed it. I don't want to email Fox news if I don't know what was discussed.

LuvChiSox
05-16-2002, 10:59 AM
I didn't watch the interview, but the fact that they would even do such a thing is enough for me. I just sent a scathing letter to the scum at Fox News.

I guess some stations will stoop pretty low in order to bash the Sox.

DaveGusinSeattle
05-16-2002, 11:11 AM
What do you expect from the Benny Hill, Magilla Gorilla, Flintstones, Married with Children/now FOX station of my childhood? They HAVE found an all time low though. :angry: Truly worse than the lowly here in Seattle. I also enjoyed Sportchannel Chicago much better than the new FOXified trash that's seen nationwide.
:gulp: I would keep up the letter writing. That was LOW!

Procol Harum
05-16-2002, 11:13 AM
Sent. I heard a replay of the interview on the SCORE last night on J-Hood--and we should probably all drop him a line, as well, to let him know that we thought having anything to do with this little matter was as trashy as it gets.

Kilroy
05-16-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
...I heard a replay of the interview on the SCORE last night ...

since you heard a replay of it, fill us in on what was said...

No-Neck
05-16-2002, 11:59 AM
I did my part, told them that the lousy divorce was when Bill Curtis divorced Skippy, and the Chicago viewers got stuck with the lousy half of the duo.

I also suggested that the old Mr. Jacobson retire, his brand of schlock journalism is putrid.

Mr. Jacobson rates right there with Mr. Moronatti and Sammy Sosa as my least favorite people and... :chimp

the world's greatest clown

Randar68
05-16-2002, 12:14 PM
Why not interview any of Ryno's wives/ex's?

Sheeesh, anything to do when you're bored and the Cubs suck donkey nuts. Why not bash the Sox? rediculous.

LuvChiSox
05-16-2002, 12:26 PM
I can't think of any other good reason why they did that other than to bash the Sox. If they wanted to attract more viewers, an interview with shamME's wife would attract a HUGE viewership!

LuvChiSox
05-16-2002, 12:27 PM
...and I'd have a nice big margarita in front of me for THAT interview!!

NUCatsFan
05-16-2002, 12:39 PM
I watched that piece of crap news cast on Fox News Chicago.

I'm still wondering about the newsworthyness of such a piece. Would they have interviewed Sammy's wife about the wife-beating allegations?

MarqSox
05-16-2002, 12:51 PM
Can ANYBODY give a brief recount of what was said? I assume it was negative, but c'mon, somebody give some detail.

moochpuppy
05-16-2002, 01:19 PM
Another one has been sent. Here is a copy:

That has got to be one of the most embarrassing stories that Fox News Chicago has ever aired. You people have to be truly humiliated over the piece Mr. Jacobson did on Frank Thomas's ex-wife. How can you consider that news?

If I wanted to find out about some celebrity's divorce (even if it is a YEAR later) I would pick up the National Enquirer or The Globe when I'm waiting in line at the grocery store. I didn't realize Fox has aiming for the video version.

I assume I can expect more of this tabloid TV when I tune in at 9pm weeknights. How about anyone at your studio? Any divorces or other personnel problems going on there at the moment that you would like to share with your dwindling audience?

As for Mr. Jacobson, I would suggest that he reflect back on what made him such an award winning reporter and broadcaster over the years in Chicago. Maybe "Skippy" just doesn't care anymore?

I'll tell you one thing though, if I were Columbia University, after this reporting I would be thinking of rescinding his journalism degree.

Oh and as far as Mr. Jacobson being a spokesperson for the common man, the common man would not take advantage of another man's personal misfortune.

A Disgusted Viewer

alohafri
05-16-2002, 01:49 PM
I remember her talking about how she had no privacy. Her hairdresser said that her neighbor would use binculars to look in the Thomas' windows.

When asked if Frank was a good father, she responded, "He loves his kids."

When Frank's father died, she said that he called her first and they cried together on the phone.

She takes no responsibility for his downturn in baseball.

She also said that she would like him as a client for her representation firm.

Yeah, right, like that is going to happen.

:whiner: Waaaaaaah! I had no privacy in this huge mansion!

Foulke You
05-16-2002, 02:40 PM
I just sent in an email to Fox as well. It will be interesting to see if we get a response. They'll probably just write us off as "paranoid" Sox fans...

BearSox
05-16-2002, 02:47 PM
Just sent mine

here it is:
A new low of broadcasting lows!! Frank Thomas has brought much joy to this community and you repay him by invading his personal life. A man whos made a few social mistakes but has never had a criminal history definately seems like a target for your type of yellow journalistic media. Take any of your staff members who have been divorced and find out what pleasant stuff they'd have to say about their ex, i'm sure you won't find much there. What were you trying to prove here. For once your news should try and promote the good in the community such as a ballplayer of Franks caliber not try to deface it with pointless musings such as what an ex wife of a loved figure in chicago has to say. I've lost all respect in your news department and will no longer watch anymore.

Jason Erlenborn, Lake Villa

MarqSox
05-16-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
I remember her talking about how she had no privacy. Her hairdresser said that her neighbor would use binculars to look in the Thomas' windows.

When asked if Frank was a good father, she responded, "He loves his kids."

When Frank's father died, she said that he called her first and they cried together on the phone.

She takes no responsibility for his downturn in baseball.

She also said that she would like him as a client for her representation firm.

Yeah, right, like that is going to happen.

:whiner: Waaaaaaah! I had no privacy in this huge mansion!

Not that I condone at all this crass tabloid journalism, but if that's the worst of it, the interview wasn't THAT bad.

moochpuppy
05-16-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Not that I condone at all this crass tabloid journalism, but if that's the worst of it, the interview wasn't THAT bad.

That's not the point though. Who cares what the ex-wife has to say after being divorced for a year, IT'S NOT NEWS. Plus if she REALLY hated the publicity and having no privacy, why is she doing an interview by one of the most recognizable reporters in Chicago?!? There is a hidden agenda here.

Cheryl
05-16-2002, 03:48 PM
I've never seen Faux News and I never will, but that's not going to stop me from firing off an email.

And here it is:

Dear Faux News:

Do you honestly believe anyone is at all interested in what Frank Thomas's ex-wife has to say a year after the divorce?

Count me as one of your ex-viewers, and don't call me in a year to find out what I think. I'm sure I'll still think your organization is a waste of a television channel.

Jerry_Manuel
05-16-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
That's not the point though. Who cares what the ex-wife has to say after being divorced for a year, IT'S NOT NEWS. Plus if she REALLY hated the publicity and having no privacy, why is she doing an interview by one of the most recognizable reporters in Chicago?!? There is a hidden agenda here.

I was tired when I saw the interview but Walter didn't interview her. I could of swore I saw Tamron Hall talking to her. :?:

steff
05-16-2002, 04:18 PM
I sent a nasty email, too.... But I feel kind of blind since I didn't see the interview. Anyone know if the transcript is online somewhere? Fox site doesn't have diddly about it - actually, their site sucks. And ESPN has nothing, which surprises me since they have some sheet about Finley and Tawney on there...

By the way.. anyone going tonight? It's not looking good out there right now.. *sigh*..

Procol Harum
05-16-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

since you heard a replay of it, fill us in on what was said...
Sorry, Kilroy, went away from the computer for a few hours after my post--I think somebody pretty much got it right. I was listening with one ear while typing something up and she was complaining about her lack of privacy, the way women would throw themselves at Frank (although she says that didn't come as a big surprise--she didn't come out and say Frank was cheating on her but it was implied), the fact that several of her most trusted help who "couldn't stand" Frank had nonetheless sided with him after the dispute and were still working for him. Generally, it was an exercise in the sort of low-life sleaze that has always been Fox News' forte.

steff
05-16-2002, 04:35 PM

--she didn't come out and say Frank was cheating on her but it was implied--

Well, it wasn't a big secret. Anyone that spent any time at The Hunt Club would put their right hand up for that one... But she knew this. That was the issue of their 1994 separation. She went back to him. And for the record.. someone who earlier in this post called her a money hungry greedy bitch (paraphrasing)... she's worth more than he'll EVER be worth.

Procol Harum
05-16-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by steff3603

Well, it wasn't a big secret. Anyone that spent any time at The Hunt Club would put their right hand up for that one... But she knew this. That was the issue of their 1994 separation. She went back to him. And for the record.. someone who earlier in this post called her a money hungry greedy bitch (paraphrasing)... she's worth more than he'll EVER be worth.

I think the problem most Sox fans have with all of this is the fact of dragging all this crap out into public view in a tabloidesque "news" interview--what good is going to come out of this? Is there some reason that all of Chicagoland--and soon, I'm sure, through the auspices of ESPN--the entire United States has to have an eyeview of the messes these two people have made of their marriage? Are athletes going to stop chasing women other than their wives and vice versa? Is this going to help Frank's kids to have all this out there floating in the popular information bin? There are reasons dirty laundry is kept in the hamper...

steff
05-17-2002, 10:44 AM

I think the problem most Sox fans have with all of this is the fact of dragging all this crap out into public view in a tabloidesque "news" interview--what good is going to come out of this? Is there some reason that all of Chicagoland--and soon, I'm sure, through the auspices of ESPN--the entire United States has to have an eyeview of the messes these two people have made of their marriage? Are athletes going to stop chasing women other than their wives and vice versa? Is this going to help Frank's kids to have all this out there floating in the popular information bin? There are reasons dirty laundry is kept in the hamper...

Unfortunately.. they are in the public eye. Just like an accident on 294.. people are curious. Doesn't make it right.. but it's a fact of life.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-17-2002, 08:33 PM
Private Winner, reporting for duty. I gonna like it here in the army...(mine was sent)