PDA

View Full Version : Carmona gets 6, Martinez 3 and A. Cabrera 3 for brawl

Chez
09-22-2008, 05:01 PM
As per ESPN.com. Carmona will miss the series with the Sox (he wasn't scheduled to pitch anyways), Martinez starts his suspension tonight and Cabrera's starts Thursday so he (Cabrera) will miss the first two games of the Sox series this weekend. Sheffield only received a 4 game suspension.

btrain929
09-22-2008, 05:02 PM
God I guess I drank way too much this weekend. DET and CLE had a brawl? Did anyone at least climb into the CLE dugout and break Cliff Lee's arm for us?

DaveFeelsRight
09-22-2008, 05:08 PM
God I guess I drank way too much this weekend. DET and CLE had a brawl? Did anyone at least climb into the CLE dugout and break Cliff Lee's arm for us?Sup Nolan Ryan?
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080920/capt.107b1c5bf63d47dbbd03b916f640e2fd.tigers_india ns_baseball_ohtd113.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080920/capt.3fddb56bb5ee4b4f86f77cc3e53757c5.tigers_india ns_baseball_ohtd107.jpg

btrain929
09-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Who's getting punched? It doesn't look like Sheffield.

DaveFeelsRight
09-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah it is. Fausto hit Sheffield on like the arm, it wasn't a big deal, Sheff kept jacking his jaw, glaring at Fausto all the way to first. He's still yelling at him from first and Fausto throws over, Sheff yells something along the lines of "don't throw it over here, throw it at the ****in plate" and eventually he charges the mound from first . Punches are thrown, Fausto ends up with Sheff's head under his arm and is popping him on the top of the head while both dugouts swarm.

btrain929
09-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Yeah it is. Fausto hit Sheffield on like the arm, it wasn't a big deal, Sheff kept jacking his jaw, glaring at Fausto all the way to first. He's still yelling at him from first and Fausto throws over, Sheff yells something along the lines of "don't throw it over here, throw it at the ****in plate" and eventually he charges the mound from first . Punches are thrown, Fausto ends up with Sheff's head under his arm and is popping him on the top of the head while both dugouts swarm.

Charges the mound from 1st? That's awesome. Did Fausto tag him with the ball when he got there? Would that be considered a pick off?

oeo
09-22-2008, 05:53 PM
As per ESPN.com. Carmona will miss the series with the Sox (he wasn't scheduled to pitch anyways), Martinez starts his suspension tonight and Cabrera's starts Thursday so he (Cabrera) will miss the first two games of the Sox series this weekend. Sheffield only received a 4 game suspension.

Can't Martinez wait until Friday? He's the only one that I wish would miss time during our series.

chisoxmike
09-22-2008, 06:18 PM
I wish Cliff Lee was involved with this.

Over By There
09-22-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm surprised Sheffield didn't get it worse, since he was the whiny little bitch who charged the mound... but I guess Carmona got it worse for the punching.

Anyone else see these comments (http://deadspin.com/5053189/gary-sheffield-no-saner-now-than-he-was-on-friday) from Sheffield following the fight? Pompous douchebag.

chaerulez
09-22-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm surprised Sheffield didn't get it worse, since he was the whiny little bitch who charged the mound... but I guess Carmona got it worse for the punching.

Anyone else see these comments (http://deadspin.com/5053189/gary-sheffield-no-saner-now-than-he-was-on-friday) from Sheffield following the fight? Pompous douchebag.

What a moron. Does he realize his days as a productive MLB player are pretty much finished? He hasn't endured himself around the league so a teammate isn't going to go out of his way to throw at someone for his dumbass if he isn't a good player anymore. How does he plan on getting revenge anyway? Carmona plays in the AL, he's not going to bat against the Tigers.

And why does Sheffield think he deserves respect? Because he was once a good player? I hope this idiot realizes, he deserves no respect because he's a poor excuse for a human being. He would pull a Manny and stop trying to get the trades he wanted. He is a cheat, a steroid user. And he probably was influenced that it's okay to act like an ass from his criminal uncle Dwight Gooden. Sorry Sheff, you seem to think you are more important than you really are. You had a very good baseball career, but it's likely you will be more remembered for being a jackass more than anything you accomplished on the field.

oeo
09-22-2008, 08:17 PM

Do it without a needle in your butt, then come talk.

Brian26
09-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Can't Martinez wait until Friday? He's the only one that I wish would miss time during our series.

I'm not sure if it's a huge break for the Sox or not. Martinez was doing well (hitting around .290 for the month of September) after he came back from his injury, but Kelly Shoppach always seems to play the Sox tough and actually has even better offensive numbers for Sept than Martinez. It's nice not to see Martinez' name in the lineup though.

SaltyPretzel
09-22-2008, 09:20 PM
It totally disgusts me when jerks like him and Bonds go around commanding respect. He's a steroid user and didn't try when on the Brewers so he'd get traded. What's there to respect?

He's too big of a fool to realize respect isn't just earned by one's performance on the diamond.

FedEx227
09-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Do it without a needle in your butt, then come talk.

Sheff was a cream and the clear man.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-22-2008, 09:32 PM
God I guess I drank way too much this weekend. DET and CLE had a brawl? Did anyone at least climb into the CLE dugout and break Cliff Lee's arm for us?

:rolling::rolling: Why can't the right guy come running in and join the fray?

jabrch
09-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Will Cleveland have to adjust its rotation? Any chance we miss Cliff Lee?

oeo
09-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Will Cleveland have to adjust its rotation? Any chance we miss Cliff Lee?

Adjust it for some meaningless games? :scratch:

We're going to have to face Lee, but it will be very sad if we don't have it wrapped up by then (Sunday).

Gammons Peter
09-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm not sure if it's a huge break for the Sox or not. Martinez was doing well (hitting around .290 for the month of September) after he came back from his injury, but Kelly Shoppach always seems to play the Sox tough and actually has even better offensive numbers for Sept than Martinez. It's nice not to see Martinez' name in the lineup though.

You WILL see his name in the lineup....he'll be back for the Sox

jabrch
09-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Adjust it for some meaningless games? :scratch:

We're going to have to face Lee, but it will be very sad if we don't have it wrapped up by then (Sunday).

Um - yes - if Carmona can't pitch, they will have to adjust something - right?

Mohoney
09-23-2008, 12:00 AM
For Indians fans, it's a shame that this had to happen. They have the 2nd best record in the AL since the break, and look like they have something to build on for next season.

On the other hand, Detroit mailed it in over a month ago, then starts a brawl like that. What a pathetic display.

chaerulez
09-23-2008, 08:00 AM

Martinez has had a bit of a down year and Shoppach is a decent player so I don't think it matters either way. Martinez has only 2 HRs this season in 252 ABs, after about averaging 20 a season in the past four years.

oeo
09-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Martinez has had a bit of a down year and Shoppach is a decent player so I don't think it matters either way. Martinez has only 2 HRs this season in 252 ABs, after about averaging 20 a season in the past four years.

He's been in and out of injuries all year. Besides, the guy kills us, it doesn't matter what his numbers are this year.

doublem23
09-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Come on guys, we're on the brink of the postseason and you're actually worried about which players on the Indians we might have to face? :kukoo:

The Immigrant
09-23-2008, 08:19 AM
Martinez has only 2 HRs this season in 252 ABs, after about averaging 20 a season in the past four years.

He also looks to be about 30 lbs lighter, as does Hafner. They must be on some new diet. :whistle: