PDA

View Full Version : Big Minnesota Series: Where are you watching it from?

btrain929
09-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Since I doubt many people will make it up to watch the games in MINN (I wish I could, but can't because of work), are any of you guys watching it anywhere special? Any specific bars? Getting together with people from the site? Or are you keeping it low-key and staying in to watch this matchup? Since this series could, one way or another, decide whether or not we get in the playoffs, I'd love to get together with some of the WSI people to watch these crucial games if you guys are going out to watch the games.

Let me know where you'll be at!

delben91
09-22-2008, 01:26 PM
I won't be watching it since Carolina Kenny told me the Sox were going to get swept in embarassing fashion. It's totally opened up my evenings for the rest of the week.

Thanks Carolina Kenny!!

mccoydp
09-22-2008, 01:27 PM
I'll be glued to my big computer monitor and MLB.TV, as usual.

DaveFeelsRight
09-22-2008, 01:29 PM
I think I want to go to Hooters for atleast one game of the series. But I don't think the people at Hooters would like it very much if I threw my wings at the TV if Horacio Ramirez comes in gives up 5 runs haha.

JermaineDye05
09-22-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm at school so I have to watch it from gameday :(:

AnkleSox
09-22-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm working all 3 nights :(:

Law11
09-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Between Biggest Loser and dancing with the Stars I hope to watch an inning or two.

Vestigio
09-22-2008, 01:35 PM
I won't be able to watch much of the 3 games because of classes. I could probably catch the final two innings on the radio while driving home.

rdwj
09-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Home

Home

Gameday

stevied23
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Row 15 Right along the 3rd base line in the Hump Dump.

btrain929
09-22-2008, 01:40 PM
I think I want to go to Hooters for atleast one game of the series. But I don't think the people at Hooters would like it very much if I threw my wings at the TV if Horacio Ramirez comes in gives up 5 runs haha.

:rolling::rolling:

twentywontowin
09-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Probably from the Budweiser Brew Pub at the United Center as I'm going to be at the Blackhawks/Columbus preseason opener.

guillensdisciple
09-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Home for all three. I have many exams to study for but the sox will sneak into my schedule.

ChicagoHoosier
09-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Need to find a sports bar in Atlanta. Here for a training course. Anyone have good ideas near the Perimeter area?

Or in hotel room on Sling Box with delivery pizza and a six pack.

BlackAndWhite
09-22-2008, 02:33 PM
From the organist's booth at the Dome. (At least for one game)

SOXPHILE
09-22-2008, 02:33 PM
From my living room, rotating between the couch, and jumping up and down and pacing nervously on the floor. Probably while swearing.

whitesox901
09-22-2008, 02:39 PM
mlb.tv

twentywontowin
09-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Need to find a sports bar in Atlanta. Here for a training course. Anyone have good ideas near the Perimeter area?

Get to Buckhead if you can. Plenty of options there.

cleanwsox
09-22-2008, 02:52 PM
I'll be there for the first two games.

Can't make the third one or even watch it. :angry:

30DaysintheHole
09-22-2008, 02:58 PM
From my living room, rotating between the couch, and jumping up and down and pacing nervously on the floor. Probably while swearing.

Combine this method with Gameday and having to watch my language in front of my kids. I suspect I will have my son messenger the updates to me from my back porch, where I will remain in a cold sweat until the series is over.

realflava23
09-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Home

BigP50
09-22-2008, 03:26 PM
on a big screen TV in my basement

beasly213
09-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Debating. Home so I can not feel so bad about cursing about every single pitch.

BWW in Tinley Park so I can enjoy hot wings and Beer and have them served to me.

We'll see.

D. TODD
09-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Big games or playoffs for my teams are always watched at home if I do not have a ticket the event. I can't stand the commotion at a local gathering place while I'm intently watching one of my beloved squads battle for a title. All NCAA Tarheel games, White Sox playoff runs, etc. I am planted with few to no distractions so I can analyze it and pace around if need be.

Konerko05
09-22-2008, 03:37 PM
There is no other place I'd be able to watch these games besides from my couch. In 2005, a lot of things went flying around my basement.

ajismyhero
09-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Tues and Thurs, I have prior engagements, so I'll be furiuosly updating gameday on my cellphone...

Wednesday night, I'm hoping to get some folks together at Gannon's on northside - it's a pretty Sox-friendly establishment, and close to home.

Foulke You
09-22-2008, 04:00 PM
My wife and I will be heading to our usual haunt on Tuesday, Ram Restaurant and Brewery in Rosemont. $2 Drafts of their home brews on Tuesday to boot. I saw the Sox clinch the AL Pennant and the 2005 World Series here. Excellent microbrews, great burgers, and friendly bartenders. I'm going to try to convince them to put the game audio on in the bar since it is a big game. Hopefully, I'll be toasting a White Sox Winner.:gulp: Game 2 and 3 will be from my living room though.

DSpivack
09-22-2008, 04:04 PM
MLB.tv and home.

JUribe1989
09-22-2008, 04:06 PM
I long for some White Sox stronghold in Lincoln Park to watch the game. A las, I don't think one exists. So sadly, from my apartment most likely.

KyWhiSoxFan
09-22-2008, 04:11 PM
I'll be watching at my usual place, mlb.com.

That is, if I can bear to watch. I may be too nervous, in which case I'll follow the game on the ESPN crawl (seriously, I've done that).

#1swisher
09-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Being a school night I will be watching from home.

ajismyhero
09-22-2008, 04:39 PM
I long for some White Sox stronghold in Lincoln Park to watch the game. A las, I don't think one exists. So sadly, from my apartment most likely.

Duffy's isn't a bad place to watch the Sox. The manager, Tom, is a Sox season ticket holder so it's Sox friendly. They even blasted champagne the night the Sox won the World Series in '05. Beware, they don't allow Journey to be played. I've tried...

chisoxmike
09-22-2008, 04:43 PM

Halligan Bar is a Sox bar in Lincoln Park. It's on Lincoln & Belden. Also Finley Dunnes in Lakeview.

MeteorsSox4367
09-22-2008, 04:58 PM
My living room. I want the freedom to yell whatever I want without making myself look like a complete idiot.

When A.J. hits his three-run bomb off Nathan in the top of the ninth Tuesday night to give the Sox the lead, I want to scream, 'Yeah, Polack!' without anyone else around.

BringBackBlkJack
09-22-2008, 04:58 PM

I haven't personally been there yet but Bobby G's in Alpharetta (it's along GA 400) is the most Chicago-oriented place around here. They show all Bears games; not sure if they show Sox or not. It's worth checking out.

www.bobbygs.com

Gosox1917
09-22-2008, 05:10 PM
First two games I'll be at home. Is the third game still on CSN +? If so, I won't be able to watch the game at home in Elkhart, IN. Therefore, I may need to make a trip to Valpo and watch the game with friends.

BringBackBlkJack
09-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Oh, and I will be watching the game via the internet... much to the dismay of the peace-and-quiet-loving residents of my apartment complex. :tongue:

Vienna
09-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Tues - from home (via MLB DirecTV)
Wed - Section 117 with my wife and daughter (she's two so we'll se how long we last.
Thurs - my local Minneapolis bar with some Twins fans.

cnw8052
09-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Tuesday = 670 AM on the radio and MLB Gameday since the game is hidden on friggin WCIU :angry:

Wednesday = CSN on TV

Thursday = CSN + on TV

btrain929
09-22-2008, 05:43 PM
My living room. I want the freedom to yell whatever I want without making myself look like a complete idiot.

When A.J. hits his three-run bomb off Nathan in the top of the ninth Tuesday night to give the Sox the lead, I want to scream, 'Yeah, Polack!' without anyone else around.

I can respect that.

UofCSoxFan
09-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Get to Buckhead if you can. Plenty of options there.

2nd that. There are some nice bars in that area. Depending where your training is, you may actually be in Buckhead. Atlanta has 2 business districts, and a lot of the financials/consulting companies are in Buckhead, as I'm sure other companies are.

Halligan Bar is a Sox bar in Lincoln Park. It's on Lincoln & Belden. Also Finley Dunnes in Lakeview.

It's definitely Sox friendly but I doubt it will be packed with Sox fans or anything. One of the better options in the areas though for watching the Sox. I watched game 5 of the ALCS there in 2005 with about 20 other random Sox fans.

he_gone_89
09-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Probably from the Budweiser Brew Pub at the United Center as I'm going to be at the Blackhawks/Columbus preseason opener.

Same here. Hey, I'll pay for your beer if ya buy me one. Look for a black dude in a white Byfuglien jersey with red Nike's :cool:

Adele_H
09-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Where are you watching it from?

From the ivory tower, sitting atop the high horse, with the queen of Sheeba (aka Heidi freakin' Klum) by my side.

twentywontowin
09-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Same here. Hey, I'll pay for your beer if ya buy me one. Look for a black dude in a white Byfuglien jersey with red Nike's :cool:

Funny, I'll be down by 118 at the Ketel One club. Be in a red Toews jersey with red Nike's too. :gulp:

AnkleSox
09-22-2008, 09:03 PM

I lived around Lincoln/Fullerton in 05, and watched the Sox win it all at Lincoln Station. The place was packed to the brim with Sox fans. Granted, that's a lot bigger of a game, but they always seemed to be pretty accommodating when I went in for a Sox game (I actually think it was always turned on at least one TV without having to ask.) Someone mentioned Duffys, which plays the game as well, but it's got a lot more of a frat douche atmosphere and the music is way too loud. It is a Michigan bar, so if you go be prepared for Douchebag Tigers fans to be talking ****, and not in a friendly way.

Obviously Lincoln Park and Lakeview are dominated by Cubs fans but it's not too hard to find a good amount of Sox fans and bars that play Sox games.

JimmyJoe
09-22-2008, 09:21 PM
I'll be at Ding Batts on Western for the games on Wednesday and Thursday. (Have to work tomorrow.)

Stop by, it's a very, very pro Sox bar.

nasox
09-22-2008, 09:22 PM
What is a good place to catch a game downtown/south loop/pilsen/west town on tv where you dont have to be 21 to get in?

chisoxmike
09-22-2008, 09:24 PM
What is a good place to catch a game downtown/south loop/pilsen/west town on tv where you dont have to be 21 to get in?

ESPN Zone
Rock Bottom

In the South Loop, I don't think Kroll's or Grace O'Malley's card to get in the door.
:dunno:

ChiSoxGirl
09-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Tuesday: I'll be parked on the couch, as it's on WCIU and is the only game of the three I'll be able to watch (no cable).

Wednesday: I have dinner plans at 7p and am hoping the game will be on at the restaurant. If not, I'll be relying on my friends for updates via text.

Thursday: I'll be listening to Farmer & Stone because yeah... I don't have cable.

And can I just say I'm selfishly hoping for the Sox to take two of three in Minnesota? I have a ticket for Friday night and want to be there for the clincher... it's the only thing I haven't seen the team do! :wink: GO SOX!!!

pczarapa
09-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Watching it on MLB extra innings down here in Lexington,KY

soxfanreggie
09-22-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm really, really, really trying to schedule a business meeting in Minnesota at those times where we would just happen to use our work season tickets (they have them for every team) to go watch the games for "team building" and "strategizing".

guillensdisciple
09-22-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm really, really, really trying to schedule a business meeting in Minnesota at those times where we would just happen to use our work season tickets (they have them for every team) to go watch the games for "team building" and "strategizing".

I got a kick out of that.

fusillirob1983
09-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Probably in my hotel room in Louavull, Kentucky.

Chicken Dinner
09-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Tues-Patio in AZ
Wed- Patio in AZ
Thus- Reno......Biggest Little City!

OldRomanPizza
09-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Tuesday - Texting for scores during rehersal

Wednesday - Either at home or at a friend's place.

Thursday - If a potential clincher, likely out at a bar in the West suburbs or at a friend's place. If the series isn't going to well, I already have tickets to the Chicago Fire game this night and will text for the scores from there.

Beware Sox fans, there will be plenty of Cubs fans out at the bars rooting for us to lose, despite the fact they say its only us who do that! :wink:

roylestillman
09-22-2008, 11:20 PM
In a strange bit of scheduling, I'm going to a retirement party in the Stadium Club at the Cell on Thursday night.

They better have a TV on.

SBSoxFan
09-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Tuesday: I'll be parked on the couch, as it's on WCIU and is the only game of the three I'll be able to watch (no cable).

Wednesday: I have dinner plans at 7p and am hoping the game will be on at the restaurant. If not, I'll be relying on my friends for updates via text.

Thursday: I'll be listening to Farmer & Stone because yeah... I don't have cable.

And can I just say I'm selfishly hoping for the Sox to take two of three in Minnesota? I have a ticket for Friday night and want to be there for the clincher... it's the only thing I haven't seen the team do! :wink: GO SOX!!!

I got cable for just such an occasion. And, wouldn't you know it, Thursday's and Friday's games are on CSN+, which they don't carry in South Bend. :whiner:

But it's a small sacrifice as long as one of those games is the division clincher!

gosox3072
09-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Tuesday: Home
Wednesday: Section 101
Thursday: Section 102

This is my first White Sox road trip, Hopefully will be a fun fun one

CMPDragRacing
09-23-2008, 01:10 AM
min game 1- ciu on the little 5" tv at work
min game 2- stone and farmer on the radio at work
min game 3- stone and farmer on the radio at work
friday - some bar watching them get to within .5 of winning it
saturday- right field when they win it all!!!

chisoxfanatic
09-23-2008, 01:29 AM
That would be gold if you could pull that one off.

I'll be watching all three from my couch. Hopefully they sweep so that we can see them celebrating up there.

minastirith67
09-23-2008, 02:17 AM
Anybody know good places to see the game with other Sox fans in San Diego?

nccwsfan
09-23-2008, 06:41 AM
Tuesday: Home
Wednesday: Section 101
Thursday: Section 102

This is my first White Sox road trip, Hopefully will be a fun fun one

Have fun and hopefully you'll get to see a White Sox clincher!

Tues- Hawk/DJ at hotel
Wed- Farmer/Stone
Thurs- unsure

Go White Sox!

tstrike2000
09-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Tues-Couch
Wed-Couch
Thur-Couch...

with I'm sure pacing, drinking, swearing, cheering, and jumping thrown in there somewhere.

TwinKess
09-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Hopefully I'll be there for the Wed game. Otherwise at home in front of my 57" TV!

Gonna be a fun series!

Frontman
09-23-2008, 09:46 AM
I'll be at home.

Win or lose; this one will be the series to watch.

Go get 'em SOX!!!!

Cangelosi CF
09-23-2008, 09:51 AM
with some microbrews in hand. :gulp:

MinnySoxFan
09-23-2008, 09:58 AM
I'll be at Wednesday's game. This year when I'm attending a Mark B. game, I'm 2 and 0. Let's make it 3!!!

ThomeInPeoria
09-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Went to 3 sports bars tonight(Tues Sep 23)
in Tazewell County(suburban Peoria, Illinois). Blacked out!

Tried to access on PC w/MLB TV. Blacked out!

So, Chicagoans can watch on WCIU and Minnesotans can watch on FSNO.
And the rest of the USA can watch the game.

But, we can't in Central Illinois!

DumpJerry
09-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Went to 3 sports bars tonight(Tues Sep 23)
in Tazewell County(suburban Peoria, Illinois). Blacked out!

Tried to access on PC w/MLB TV. Blacked out!

So, Chicagoans can watch on WCIU and Minnesotans can watch on FSNO.
And the rest of the USA can watch the game.

But, we can't in Central Illinois!
Count your blessings.
and....
:welcome:

sox1970
09-23-2008, 10:42 PM
I think Buehrle will win, however--no chance in hell I watch tomorrow's game.