PDA

View Full Version : Just think: One week from today, the Sox' magic number will be 11

White City
09-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Barring the most monumental of collapses, our White Sox are one week away from playoff baseball.

Here's my wishlist:

1) The White Sox do to the Twins this week what they did to the Toons late in '05.
2) DEFENSE. Set the tone in Minny, Ozzie, that we are relying on our pitching and will give them the right defense behind them to succeed.
3) Since the Sox will be the road team in the ALDS and probably ALCS, clinching wins at home!
4) TCQ gets a Kirk Gibson moment in the World Series.

:cool:

Hokiesox
09-23-2008, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't call it "monumental". Many teams have stayed home after starting the last week of play 2.5 up. Let's hope that doesn't happen to us.

White City
09-23-2008, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't call it "monumental". Many teams have stayed home after starting the last week of play 2.5 up. Let's hope that doesn't happen to us.

I wouldn't call the collapse of my alma mater's football program "monumental," either -- but Al Groh's waterloo at Lane this November will probably be a "monumental" woodshed event. I'll just have to tell my Hokie father, again, "Glad to be of service."

mcfish
09-23-2008, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't call it "monumental". Many teams have stayed home after starting the last week of play 2.5 up. Let's hope that doesn't happen to us.You are correct - losing a 2.5 game lead with 6 to play including 3 head-to-head games cannot be called monumental.

That being said, let's just win two of three up there and be done with the whole thing.

White City
09-30-2008, 10:30 PM
OK, one week and one day from that date.

11 more wins to go!