PDA

View Full Version : Do you hate the Redsox or Yankees more?

Whitesoxfan23
09-21-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm not a fan of either, but I definitely can't stand the Redsox. I vote Redsox hands down. No contest.

chisoxmike
09-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Red Sox much, much more.

I could just care less about the Yankees.

thomas35forever
09-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Should be the Yankees, but the Red Sox are definitely tops due to the last few years.

Sox It To Em
09-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Red Sox by a wide margin. They're the Cubs of the American League. I'm indifferent towards the Yankees.

LongLiveFisk
09-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Yankees. My being a Fisk fan helped me have a little bit of a rooting interest in the Red Sox, but I would definitely agree that their fanbase has gotten rather obnoxious in recent years. I wish they'd tone it down some.

mccoydp
09-21-2008, 10:28 PM
The Red Sox, hands down.

They act like they are baseball's savior.

At least the Yankees have 26 World Series championships to their credit.

Whitesoxfan23
09-21-2008, 10:33 PM
The Red Sox, hands down.

They act like they are baseball's savior.

At least the Yankees have 26 World Series championships to their credit.

My thoughts exactly. The Redsox are more cocky than the Yankees, and the Yankees have done way more than the Redsox have ever done.

Whitesoxfan23
09-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Wow, the Yankees ceremonies tonight were absolutely epic. Awesome stuff.

itsnotrequired
09-21-2008, 10:57 PM
I chose "these kind of polls".

Michstate45
09-21-2008, 11:09 PM
It used to be the Yankees, now it is the Red Sux

But to be honest, tonight was the first night in my life that I didn't hate the Yankees. Tonight, I was a baseball fan. And I really appriciated the game tonight...as a baseball fan. It was a show. It had stars. It had legends. It had a "big game" atmosphere in a historic ballpark that doesn't get to see world series baseball anymore, and hopefully won't for a while :tongue:

If I were to try and make a baseball fan out of someone who came from a country where they didn't play baseball, I would have made them watch the game tonight. It truly represented why I love the sport so much.

Rockabilly
09-21-2008, 11:31 PM
I have always loved the Yankees tradition..

They have had some amazing players over the years.. The only time I can't stand the Yankees is when the Sox are playing them..

The Red Sox have some really cocky fans. I hope the Angels destroy them in the 1st round..

FedEx227
09-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Red Sox, by a very wide margin. I've never been fully against the Yankees because they make no bones about what they are. The Red Sox claim to be the underdogs, when they usually have a payroll that rivals that of the Yankees, and love to talk about how much history they have, when they really have about 1/15th of the history the Yanks do.

chisoxfanatic
09-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Easily the Red Sox; but, I'd root for the Carmines if they were to face the Cubs in the World Series.

OldRomanPizza
09-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Red Sox by a wide margin. They're the Cubs of the American League. I'm indifferent towards the Yankees.

Two good friends of mine just went to a game at Fenway. One of them is a curious guy and started asking some Red Sox fans about the whole Cubs-Red Sox fans "special relationship". The fans he talked to either had no idea it ever existed and one went on to tell my friend that he hated the Cubs and couldn't understand why Cubs fans wish to connect with them in any way. I would venture to say most Red Sox/Cubs fans aren't from Boston. Why would any Red Sox fan out East care about the Cubs?

I saw a guy in the bar the other day wearing a Cubs hat and a Red Sox shirt who went on to tell me that he was gonna buy a Twins hat this week. So much for the laminated Cubs fan argument that we are the only ones who root against the other team....

I also hate the Red Sox more than the Yankees, but in the late 90s and early 00s, I hated the Yankees more than the Red Sox.

LoveYourSuit
09-21-2008, 11:50 PM
This current wave of Red Sox nation is what puts my hate towards them over the top of the Yankees. Add this with the ESPN nonesense, and you have a deadly hate weapon for me. They are the Cubs of the AL.

The Yankees actually have 26 Championships to hang their hat on, and the Red Sox just became great recently, but their fans act and speak as if they have been spinning title after title in like forever.

Chicken Dinner
09-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Used to be the Yankees but the Red Sox have definately taken over.

Bucky F. Dent
09-22-2008, 12:41 AM
Neither. I reserve all of my "hatred" for the flubs.:D:

Nellie_Fox
09-22-2008, 01:22 AM
The Red Sox did not win the American League pennant nearly every ****ing year of my youth.

LITTLE NELL
09-22-2008, 05:30 AM
I have a lot of Yankee and Red Sox friends, no contest who are more obnoxious. Its the BoSox, hands down.

johnr1note
09-22-2008, 08:22 AM
The Red Sox did not win the American League pennant nearly every ****ing year of my youth.

This was the common feeling towards the Yankees when we were kids. Nellile may be a little older than me, but even after the Yankees' fall from grace in the late 60s, they still were the hated team.

But I personally have never really hated the Yanks. I have "hated" them when they are a rival for the championship with the White Sox, the way I currently "hate" the Twins or the Indians. But its hard to hate a team simply because they are successful. Yankee fans are arrogant SOBs sometimes, to be sure, but when you're team has the history that the Yankees have, its easy to get a swollen head. The way I look at it, its hard to argue with success. The Yankee fans I come into contact with across the country when I travel tend to be knowlegable and respectful, if not arrogant. They have a love/hate relationship with Steinbrenner, and they are sometimes a little too obsessed with the Red Sox rivalry. But I can't hate the Yankees because of them. I have always viewed the other AL teams like lodge brothers, intramural rivals at worst. I always pull for the AL in the World Series regardless of who gets in because its OUR league.

My hatred in baseball is reserved for the Cubs and thier idiot fans. If I "hate" the Red Sox, its because of the link (created by Cubs fans, I believe) between the Red Sox and Cubs. Sawx fans seem to behave a lot more like Cubs fans than any other fandom in MLB. Imagine the worst attitude you've seen in Red Sox nation, and then imagine what Chicago will be like if the Cubs manage to win it all. Yikes!

itsnotrequired
09-22-2008, 08:33 AM
If I "hate" the Red Sox, its because of the link (created by Cubs fans, I believe) between the Red Sox and Cubs. Sawx fans seem to behave a lot more like Cubs fans than any other fandom in MLB. Imagine the worst attitude you've seen in Red Sox nation, and then imagine what Chicago will be like if the Cubs manage to win it all. Yikes!

This "link" between Cubs and Red Sox fans is a total Cub fan fabrication. All the stories I've seen regarding Red Sox fan reaction to this link is basically "what the hell do we have to with the cubs?"

SaltyPretzel
09-22-2008, 08:37 AM
This "link" between Cubs and Red Sox fans is a total Cub fan fabrication. All the stories I've seen regarding Red Sox fan reaction to this link is basically "what the hell do we have to with the cubs?"

I think frat boy Red Sox fan tools do like the Cubs. Some drunk punk at Fenway started yelling at me and said that if I was really from Chicago, I'd be rooting for the Cubs.:angry:

itsnotrequired
09-22-2008, 08:48 AM
I think some frat boy Red Sox fan tools do like the Cubs. Some drunk punk at Fenway started yelling at me and said that if I was really from Chicago, I'd be rooting for the Cubs.:angry:

Fixed it for you. Drunk idiots are everywhere.

chisoxfanatic
09-22-2008, 09:06 AM
I think frat boy Red Sox fan tools do like the Cubs. Some drunk punk at Fenway started yelling at me and said that if I was really from Chicago, I'd be rooting for the Cubs.:angry:
Are you sure that wasn't a Cubs fan dressed in Red Sox clothing? That is very possible!

whitesoxwilkes
09-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Easily the Red Sox; but, I'd root for the Carmines if they were to face the Cubs in the World Series.

I wouldn't. I would root for the Cubs if they played the Twins or Red Sox.

spiffie
09-22-2008, 11:49 AM
I don't see why anyone would hate the Red Sox. They have provided a model for how to run a franchise in the modern era, they have one of the two most historic and beautiful monuments to the golden era of baseball (along with Wrigley), and they have the most passionate, intelligent, and involved fan base in baseball.

chisoxmike
09-22-2008, 11:50 AM
I don't see why anyone would hate the Red Sox. They have provided a model for how to run a franchise in the modern era, they have one of the two most historic and beautiful monuments to the golden era of baseball (along with Wrigley), and they have the most passionate, intelligent, and involved fan base in baseball.

:rolling:

Fenway
09-22-2008, 12:00 PM
one guess :tongue:

http://www.dererumnatura.us/archives/images/a_yankees_ft.jpg

Lundind1
09-22-2008, 12:12 PM
I have to go with both on this one. That option is not available however, so I am going with the Bostonians on this one. This is only because they have had a better run as of late. The only problem is, if we wish that those two would go away I see the Blue Jays being the best team there. TB is still not an option to hating, esp with their storybook season.

btrain929
09-22-2008, 12:14 PM
The Twins.

Soxfanspcu11
09-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Where is the choice for, "I couldn't care less and don't give a ****"?

Or is that what "None of the Above" means??

fram40
09-22-2008, 02:21 PM
I hate the Yankees more than the Bosox

but I hate Bosox fans more than Yankee fans

RockRiversoxfan
09-22-2008, 03:45 PM
I have always respected the yankees history. Repeating as a champion is one of the hardest things to do in sports I respect any team that can repeat even if it is the yankees,red sox or packers

Mohoney
09-23-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm even going so far as to hoping against hope that the Red Sox lose 7 in a row and the Yankees win 7 in a row this last week. I would gladly deal with all the Yankee hype that would result from this, if it meant that Boston was at home for the playoffs.

Railsplitter
09-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Yankees, now and always. the BoSox will slip and hating them will be passe.

Smokey Burg
09-24-2008, 12:24 PM
This is almost like asking, "Do you hate satan more than beelzebub?"