PDA

View Full Version : next Saturday's game time and TV

I want Mags back
09-21-2008, 06:15 PM
whats the deal with this. whitesox.com lists a 6:05 start on WGN. But during the bears game today a graphic showed a Fox 2:55 start, with the Cubs also playing in that timeslot. Obviously the Sox and Cubs can't be on Fox at the same time, so thats why im so confused

sox1970
09-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Saturday is 6:05.

DaveFeelsRight
09-21-2008, 07:18 PM
They said on the bears game today that the Sox game will be on Fox

I want Mags back
09-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Saturday is 6:05.

They said on the bears game today that the Sox game will be on Fox

hence, I started this thread
:rolleyes:

sox1970
09-21-2008, 08:19 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws

Until this is changed, the game will start at 6:05 and be on WGN.

gf2020
09-21-2008, 08:24 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws

Until this is changed, the game will start at 6:05 and be on WGN.
I'm confident that, if the game matters, it will be on Fox. The last weekend both Fox and TBS can televise whatever games they want that have playoff implications regardless of how many times a team has been featured nationally.

chisoxfanatic
09-21-2008, 08:29 PM
It would be BS if both the Sox and Cubs games were on at the same time and they elected to show the Cubs game instead here. I'm hoping for a night game. I could not go to the day game.

anewman35
09-21-2008, 08:33 PM
It would be BS if both the Sox and Cubs games were on at the same time and they elected to show the Cubs game instead here.

That would never, in a million years, happen. Come on, don't be silly. They'd move the Cubs to WGN or something, or also show the Sox on Comcast or something. The entire point would be WANTING to show the Sox, because it was in a pennant race, why would they then not show it to the one place that wanted to see it most?

anewman35
09-21-2008, 08:35 PM
For the record, the Cubs are showing as a 12:00 game on WGN. I don't know if that's always been true or not, but it does open up the slot for FOX to show the Sox if they wanted.

I want Mags back
09-21-2008, 08:36 PM
For the record, the Cubs are showing as a 12:00 game on WGN. I don't know if that's always been true or not, but it does open up the slot for FOX to show the Sox if they wanted.

yes, but the Cubs game was ALSO listen in the Fox graphic of games they will air saturday

sox1970
09-21-2008, 08:40 PM
yes, but the Cubs game was ALSO listen in the Fox graphic of games they will air saturday

The Sox did announce the 6:05 start time for the 27th on September 2nd, so I'd be surprised if it changed.

But with Fox involved, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Maybe they'll announce something tomorrow.

anewman35
09-21-2008, 08:41 PM

I think the point is, they'll show whatever the most important games are for playoff implications (and probably choose last minute, and probably piss off fans with tickets in the process). But they won't choose BOTH of them.

anewman35
09-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Another thing that proves the "FOX will choose the most important games" theory: if you look at the official MLB schedule, there are NO 2:55 games on Saturday. Obviously, Fox is gonna show something, so they'll just pick the ones they want at the last minute.

BoKnowsBest
09-21-2008, 09:00 PM

It wasn't a graphic of games they WILL air, its games they COULD air, which I basically took to mean they're going to show the games that have playoff implications and not meaningless games.

Lip Man 1
09-21-2008, 09:01 PM
From Bob Grim's WSI Interview:

"The last week of the season the time frame is only five days advance notice so already I’m looking to see what games they may be looking at.”

It is possible Fox, ESPN or TBS may be picking something up if it matters.

The other thing to remember though is how many times the Sox have been on national TV this season. I think Bob told me you are only allowed nine times, so the networks may be out of luck.

Lip

anewman35
09-21-2008, 09:22 PM
The other thing to remember though is how many times the Sox have been on national TV this season. I think Bob told me you are only allowed nine times, so the networks may be out of luck.
[/COLOR]

But somebody else above says that rule doesn't apply the last weekend of the season. I don't know if that's true or not, but it seems to make sense - I can't imagine MLB would prevent Fox or ESPN from showing some crucial Yankees/Red Sox game (for example) just because they've both been on a bunch.

alohafri
09-21-2008, 09:44 PM
From Bob Grim's WSI Interview:

"The last week of the season the time frame is only five days advance notice so already Im looking to see what games they may be looking at.

It is possible Fox, ESPN or TBS may be picking something up if it matters.

Lip

If I remember correctly, the last email regarding game times I received from my ticket rep. had something in it to the effect of the White Sox have reached their max as far as ESPN/Fox games for the season.

IlliniSox
09-22-2008, 08:23 AM
If I remember correctly, the last email regarding game times I received from my ticket rep. had something in it to the effect of the White Sox have reached their max as far as ESPN/Fox games for the season.

Same here, the email said the schedule was final.

chisoxfan83
09-22-2008, 12:49 PM
spoke to someone at the white sox charge line and asked them the question about saturdays start time they said it will be at 6:05 and thats been finalized. Take it for what its worth though seems like fox can do what they want.

guillensdisciple
09-22-2008, 12:58 PM
It would be BS if both the Sox and Cubs games were on at the same time and they elected to show the Cubs game instead here. I'm hoping for a night game. I could not go to the day game.

If this happens I am going to destroy half of the fox corporation. I refuse to watch cubs baseball unless it is against the sox in the world series.

IlliniSox
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM

Could be related to the 9/13 rainout? That was a Fox game they lost.

whitesox901
09-22-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm confident that, if the game matters, it will be on Fox. The last weekend both Fox and TBS can televise whatever games they want that have playoff implications regardless of how many times a team has been featured nationally.

I bought tickets hoping it would be a night game, my bus wont role into Chicago untill 3:30 ct. :(:

chisoxfan83
09-22-2008, 03:32 PM
per Natalie my rep, they have reached their max it will be a 6:05 game