PDA

View Full Version : Sept. 12 Rainout Ticket Exchange Info.

ChiSoxGirl
09-21-2008, 05:58 PM
I thought I'd let everyone know what the policy is for this, since there seemed to be a lot of confusion.

I went down to the box office early this afternoon to exchange my ticket from September 12 for this Friday's game and the girl told me that I could take the value of my ticket ($34) and put it toward a ticket anywhere in the ballpark and pay the difference, if necessary. It's not true that this rainout ticket is only good for an upper deck ticket. I ended up getting a ticket in Sec. 130 for Friday night's game for $21!

I don't know if this policy is only for the September 12 tickets or for all of the rainout tickets, but I thought I'd pass this information along for those of you with a ticket from the 12th.

And just for what it's worth, the few other people who were at the ballpark buying tickets this afternoon were all buying them for Friday night's game. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks Friday could be the night!

alohafri
09-21-2008, 06:13 PM
I thought I'd let everyone know what the policy is for this, since there seemed to be a lot of confusion.

I went down to the box office early this afternoon to exchange my ticket from September 12 for this Friday's game and the girl told me that I could take the value of my ticket ($34) and put it toward a ticket anywhere in the ballpark and pay the difference, if necessary. It's not true that this rainout ticket is only good for an upper deck ticket. I ended up getting a ticket in Sec. 130 for Friday night's game for $21!

I don't know if this policy is only for the September 12 tickets or for all of the rainout tickets, but I thought I'd pass this information along for those of you with a ticket from the 12th.

And just for what it's worth, the few other people who were at the ballpark buying tickets this afternoon were all buying them for Friday night's game. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks Friday could be the night!

I'd prefer to win in Minny, but just in case, I have tickets for Saturday and Sunday. (Watch it happen on Friday.)

FielderJones
09-21-2008, 09:12 PM

The current official word (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080914&content_id=3473838&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws) on September 13 tickets is that they are good for admission to the Monday September 29 game if necessary. Since this affects me, I've been scanning the Sox site frequently to see if they have established a start time for that game yet. None has been posted.

I hope the game isn't necessary. If it comes to that, I want to get my ducks in a row.

ChiSoxGirl
09-21-2008, 09:24 PM
I'd prefer to win in Minny, but just in case, I have tickets for Saturday and Sunday. (Watch it happen on Friday.)

This is why I decided to exchange it for Friday. I kinda have a feeling my friend will be asking me to go to one or both games next weekend, meaning I think I've ensured myself seeing the clincher if they do it at home. :wink:

gregoriop
09-21-2008, 09:29 PM
I think I screwed myself...

Bought 2 tickets to 9/12 on Stubhub. Read the back of the tickets and someone on here told me I could exchange them, so I mailed them in. Well, Stubhub emails me and says that I can get a refund but they needed them back. Not only do I not have them anymore, but I guess I can't exchange them at the Cell because I bought them on Stubhub.

anewman35
09-21-2008, 09:32 PM
I think I screwed myself...

Bought 2 tickets to 9/12 on Stubhub. Read the back of the tickets and someone on here told me I could exchange them, so I mailed them in. Well, Stubhub emails me and says that I can get a refund but they needed them back. Not only do I not have them anymore, but I guess I can't exchange them at the Cell because I bought them on Stubhub.

Buying them on Stubhub shouldn't prevent you from exchanging them at the Cell. You mailed them into the Sox to exchange? Then why do you think the Sox won't exchange them for the game you want?

gregoriop
09-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Buying them on Stubhub shouldn't prevent you from exchanging them at the Cell. You mailed them into the Sox to exchange? Then why do you think the Sox won't exchange them for the game you want?

Because after Stubhub emailed me, I called the box office and they said I wasn't going to be able to exchange them. I'm not greedy, I'll take tickets to the game I requested (Friday) or a refund, but Stubhub needs them back by the 30th which I doubt is going to happen.

anewman35
09-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Because after Stubhub emailed me, I called the box office and they said I wasn't going to be able to exchange them. I'm not greedy, I'll take tickets to the game I requested (Friday) or a refund, but Stubhub needs them back by the 30th which I doubt is going to happen.

If you have (had) the actual tickets, why did the box office say you wouldn't be able to exchange them? Were they canceled electronically or something? And if they were, they why does Stubhub need them back?

chisoxmike
09-21-2008, 09:53 PM
I sold my tickets for 9/12 on StubHub.

I still get paid right? I would assume so since you can exchange the tickets for a future game and since I can't get the tickets back.

chisoxfanatic
09-21-2008, 09:57 PM
I sold my tickets for 9/12 on StubHub.

I still get paid right? I would assume so since you can exchange the tickets for a future game and since I can't get the tickets back.
Oui.

I'd check your account first, however. The buyer's supposed to confirm they've received them, and then you're supposed to get a check for 85% (or paypal), a week or two later.

gregoriop
09-21-2008, 09:59 PM
If you have (had) the actual tickets, why did the box office say you wouldn't be able to exchange them? Were they canceled electronically or something? And if they were, they why does Stubhub need them back?

No idea. I had the actual physical tickets. They were from a season ticket holder. I have no idea what's going on so I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.

chisoxmike
09-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Oui.

I'd check your account first, however. The buyer's supposed to confirm they've received them, and then you're supposed to get a check for 85% (or paypal), a week or two later.

Right.

The buyer did confirm them since I sold them weeks before the game.

On my StubHub account it says my payment date was 9/8. I take it the check's in the mail.

:shrug:

chisoxfanatic
09-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Right.

The buyer did confirm them since I sold them weeks before the game.

On my StubHub account it says my payment date was 9/8. I take it the check's in the mail.

:shrug:
It should be. The general "rule of thumb" is 7-10 business days before you get your check. I got mine 7 business days after I sold my ticket to a game back in May. I'd imagine there might be a higher volume of tickets being sold on StubHub, so you might want to give them until tomorrow or Tuesday. If you don't get anything by then, contact StubHub directly.

gregoriop
09-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I just talked to a rep and she said that Stubhub told them to mail all Stubhub purchased tickets back for a refund.

munchman33
09-22-2008, 12:00 PM
I just talked to a rep and she said that Stubhub told them to mail all Stubhub purchased tickets back for a refund.

I bought tickets to 9/13's game on stub hub. Stub hub sent me an email after the weekend saying not to do that, and that those tickets would be honored if we played the Tigers the last game of the season.

Huisj
09-22-2008, 01:17 PM
I bought tickets to 9/13's game on stub hub. Stub hub sent me an email after the weekend saying not to do that, and that those tickets would be honored if we played the Tigers the last game of the season.

I got that too. And for me, that sucks. I'm from out of town, and I was going to that game with some other friends of mine from here as part of three-day weekend trip to Chicago. Obviously, I can't make it down there to use them for that makeup game if it's at the beginning of the week next week. I might just be out of luck on this one.

chisoxfanatic
09-22-2008, 01:18 PM
I got that too. And for me, that sucks. I'm from out of town, and I was going to that game with some other friends of mine from here as part of three-day weekend trip to Chicago. Obviously, I can't make it down there to use them for that makeup game if it's at the beginning of the week next week. I might just be out of luck on this one.
As of now, you may use those for a game next April!

FielderJones
09-22-2008, 01:23 PM
As of now, you may use those for a game next April!

Are you sure? I thought they were going to announce an exchange policy once the September 29 game is not needed.

munchman33
09-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Are you sure? I thought they were going to announce an exchange policy once the September 29 game is not needed.

World Series tickets