PDA

View Full Version : Brian Anderson (Something Special)

LJS1993
09-21-2008, 11:45 AM
What's your take on the future of Brian Anderson? I've seen some opinions stating that he might be something special in the future. Do you see him crashing into walls in the future? Making diving catches? Perhaps being a perennial all star over a ten year stretch? Does he have amazing power? Is this kid the next superstar or the next Swisher? That being another "never was" in the game.

Marqhead
09-21-2008, 11:46 AM
:dtroll:

JB98
09-21-2008, 11:47 AM

kjhanson
09-21-2008, 11:49 AM

My first one!

voodoochile
09-21-2008, 11:50 AM
I'll leave this open so people can respond, but LJS, see ya after the playoffs. Then you can decide if you want to contribute here or just be another gone by the wayside troll...

Gammons Peter
09-21-2008, 11:57 AM
what was the problem with his post?

voodoochile
09-21-2008, 11:58 AM
what was the problem with his post?

None of your business. Let the mods do the moderating. Should the day come when you get a rip, I won't discuss it in public with other posters either.

Gammons Peter
09-21-2008, 12:01 PM
okay fine, not trying to be a jerk, I just didnt see anything wrong with the Anderson post. The offending post must have been deleted

Adele_H
09-21-2008, 12:14 PM
What's your take on the future of Brian Anderson? I've seen some opinions stating that he might be something special in the future. Do you see him crashing into walls in the future?

Anderson can get to a single before it becomes a hustle double. That alone makes him very special among the broken OF dinosauruses.

Let Dye and Swisher crash into walls. I want Anderson to catch the ball.

areilly
09-21-2008, 01:10 PM
For a second, I was hoping we would finally find out if he really is Chris Cron (http://www.baseball-reference.com/c/cronch01.shtml).

SoxandtheCityTee
09-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Wait, this poster is the huge Griffey fan, right?

I thought that he liked Brian OK -- preferred him and Junior in the OF to Swisher. Maybe that was the point.

Anyway, I hope that by the time he's back he'll have some postseason Griffey exploits to brag on, and we'll all be saying, I'll drink to that.

Soxfanspcu11
09-22-2008, 01:32 PM
What's your take on the future of Brian Anderson? I've seen some opinions stating that he might be something special in the future. Do you see him crashing into walls in the future? Making diving catches? Perhaps being a perennial all star over a ten year stretch? Does he have amazing power? Is this kid the next superstar or the next Swisher? That being another "never was" in the game.

Well, he already does all of thsoe defensive things that you mentioned. The only criticism that people have with him is his offense. And even that has started to come around.

I think he has a great shot at being a solid starter in the MLB. He never really got a proper shot when he was first brought up because Ozzie did not like him for some reason. But now, that he is finally getting a decent shot, he seems to be making the most of it.

I have every reason to believe that Brian will be a solid player for the Sox.