PDA

View Full Version : Crede Update

Lip Man 1
09-20-2008, 12:00 PM
I don't know if you saw this today (Saturday) in the newspaper but Ozzie was quoted as saying neither he nor the club has heard anything from Joe or his agent about the second doctor's opinion on his back.

The story said Joe got that second opinion five days ago.

That speaks volumes I think about what's going on don't you think?

The Sox at least, are owed the courtesy of being told about it, but obviously Joe's agent is trying to keep things as quiet, confused and muddled about his back as possible since he'll be hitting the market.

It's a shame the way this all ended between the two parties but I guess it's not a complete shock.

Lip

Dick Allen
09-20-2008, 12:06 PM
I don't know if you saw this today (Saturday) in the newspaper but Ozzie was quoted as saying neither he nor the club has heard anything from Joe or his agent about the second doctor's opinion on his back.

The story said Joe got that second opinion five days ago.

That speaks volumes I think about what's going on don't you think?

The Sox at least, are owed the courtesy of being told about it, but obviously Joe's agent is trying to keep things as quiet, confused and muddled about his back as possible since he'll be hitting the market.

It's a shame the way this all ended between the two parties but I guess it's not a complete shock.

LipScott Borass is nothing but trouble (and a few other things). He needs to go away.

WhiteSoxBlog
09-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Well, what came first: the chicken or the locker? Did they clean out his locker first or did he go to the doctor without telling them anything first? Because if they cleared out his locker first, what reason would he have to tell them anything? I'd take that as, "you're as good as fired, stay home."

Rockabilly
09-20-2008, 12:11 PM
lets just hope Crede can come back for the playoffs..

turners56
09-20-2008, 12:13 PM

So you'd rather have Joe Crede playing at 50% than Juan Uribe playing at 100%? Crede might be better than Uribe when healthy, but he's not. There's your problem.

Lip Man 1
09-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Rock:

The same story quoted Ozzie as reiterating his comments from a few weeks ago, that he wasn't counting on Joe for anything the rest of this season.

Lip

roylestillman
09-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Cowley was on Mully and Hanley this weeks and when asked about Crede he said that Joe was "MIA Day 5." Adding that it was just "Joe being Joe."
It sounded odd to me, but it also sounded like its Crede's (Or Boras') fault.

SpartanSoxFan
09-20-2008, 12:24 PM
I totally have a feeling of Deja Vu. This is the Magglio Ordonez show all over again, unfortunately. Same bastard agent, too.

09-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Well, what came first: the chicken or the locker? Did they clean out his locker first or did he go to the doctor without telling them anything first? Because if they cleared out his locker first, what reason would he have to tell them anything? I'd take that as, "you're as good as fired, stay home."

He's still being paid by the White Sox. One would think there's an element of courtesy involved, as in, let your employer know your whereabouts and your physical condition. But when Scott Boras looms large in the picture, throw all that out the window.

All this lack of communication from the Crede/Boras side has been going on for quite a while. It long predates cleaning out the locker.

This is Boras being Boras, and Crede doing what Boras tells him to do.

sox1970
09-20-2008, 12:27 PM

:kneeslap:

**** Him!

Steelrod
09-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Wonder if he comes in every two weeks for his paycheck?

Soxfanspcu11
09-20-2008, 12:35 PM
He's still being paid by the White Sox. One would think there's an element of courtesy involved, as in, let your employer know your whereabouts and your physical condition. But when Scott Boras looms large in the picture, throw all that out the window.

All this lack of communication from the Crede/Boras side has been going on for quite a while. It long predates cleaning out the locker.

This is Boras being Boras, and Crede doing what Boras tells him to do.

That's pretty unfortunate.

Obviously Crede has no backbone.............oh yeah wait, he really does not! So I guess this is no surprise really. Moving on to other threads now.........

WHILEPITCH
09-20-2008, 12:54 PM
If this team had a different makeup, I might want to make every effort to get Crede here.

As is, we have enough slow power hitters. Uribe is likely the better bunter and has more speed. More reliable defense is just the icing on the cake.

Joe's ability to get more walks than Uribe is the one thing that makes me think twice. We need more walks. But I dont know that I want to sacrifice those other benefits.

w
I will say this: our bench has become pretty darn left handed. You'd want Crede's RH bat for pinch hitting perhaps - but i doubt they use a roster spot for that if he cant field.

Sargeant79
09-20-2008, 12:54 PM
I totally have a feeling of Deja Vu. This is the Magglio Ordonez show all over again, unfortunately. Same bastard agent, too.

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading this thread before I got to your post. The situations are virtually identical. Same mystery surrounding health and everything.

Frontman
09-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Joe should not feel slighted by his locker being cleaned out. He's played too many games OFF the field with Sox management.

Thanks for 2005 Joe, thanks for some thrilling moments since (especially the slam in the Home Opener this year) but time for you and your agent to go bye-bye.

Optipessimism
09-20-2008, 01:28 PM
I don't want to even read anything about Joe Crede again, much less see him on this team.

I believe Kenny Williams when he said he approached Boras about an extension last year while Crede was hurt but was told there would be no negotiations.

That Joe responded to Kenny's comments later and said he was never approached tells me 1) Boras is steering Joe elsewhere, and 2) Crede isn't interested in staying. If Crede really wanted to stay, he would have just went up to Kenny and asked him what happened. If Boras was an obstacle between Joe and the Sox, Joe would have fired Boras and hired someone else.

The whole thing just reeks. Go away, Joe.

JB98
09-20-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm quite certain Crede's locker was cleaned out for good reason. He's gone, and he won't be rejoining the team.

It's too bad it had to end this way, but Crede and his agent have mishandled this situation badly.

Joe will probably have to sign a minor-league deal somewhere and make a club out of spring training next year. He certainly isn't going to get his coveted long-term deal.

Adele_H
09-20-2008, 03:38 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading this thread before I got to your post. The situations are virtually identical. Same mystery surrounding health and everything.

The situations are similar but not identical.

Magglio's unusual injury presented more of a longer-term risk - he ain't going to be winning many 40-yard dashes in his 40's, lets put it that way........While Crede, sadly, is ****ed in the shorter-term as well.

oeo
09-20-2008, 03:49 PM

Uh...why? Crede hasn't contributed much since early May.

LoveYourSuit
09-20-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm quite certain Crede's locker was cleaned out for good reason. He's gone, and he won't be rejoining the team.

It's too bad it had to end this way, but Crede and his agent have mishandled this situation badly.

Joe will probably have to sign a minor-league deal somewhere and make a club out of spring training next year. He certainly isn't going to get his coveted long-term deal.

Joe Crede is a ****ing quiter. He turned his back on his teamates and this will pretty much erase all the good memories I had from him.

Funny had this been Frank Thomas turning his back on his team, the media, Ozzie, & Kenny would have roasted him and ridiculed him in public. I don't understand the double standard.

At least, Big Frank was there for his team at the end in 2005 cheering and pulling for them in the Dugout.

I'm very upset about this. :angry:

Adele_H
09-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Uh...why? Crede hasn't contributed much since early May.

Because if epidural can take the edge off the pain for a few days/weeks in October and Joe Crede's gets some of the ROM & aggression back which he didn't have during his 2nd half slump... He can be the missing piece of the puzzle.

No offense to Uribe who's done very well lately, but in a do-or-die bases loaded situation against a smart pitcher, there is no question I'd rather have Crede at the plate if he's in any condition to walk.

Besides Brian Anderson (who still can't hit a curveball) who do we have off the bench as a RH that you'd entrust a big playoff AB?

Predictably Boras has created an ugly situation, playing his client like a fiddle. But there is no excuse for some of the vicious vitriol on this board directed toward Crede who must be going out of his mind not being able to play, and who's a good guy by most accounts.

Steelrod
09-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Because if epidural can take the edge off the pain for a few days/weeks in October and Joe Crede's gets some of the ROM & aggression back which he didn't have during his 2nd half slump... He can be the missing piece of the puzzle.

No offense to Uribe who's done very well lately, but in a do-or-die bases loaded situation against a smart pitcher, there is no question I'd rather have Crede at the plate if he's in any condition to walk.

Besides Brian Anderson (who still can't hit a curveball) who do we have off the bench as a RH that you'd entrust a big playoff AB?

Predictably Boras has created an ugly situation. But no excuse to for some of the vicious vitriol on this board directed toward Crede who must be going out of his mind not being able to play, and who's a good guy by most accounts.
Got paid for a full season last year and vanished.
Got paid for a full season this year and vanished again.
Not what I'd call a good teammate. He's all about $$. I don't blame him, but also don't believe half the things he's said over the last two years.

kjhanson
09-20-2008, 04:21 PM

Joe will get a Major League deal somewhere next year. If his back is a question mark, but he insists he'll be ready by opening day, it may just be a one year, $4-5 million deal. If an idiot GM (and there are many) decides his back is not an issue, he might get a four year, $40 million deal. He certainly won't have to make a big-league ballclub though.

Lukin13
09-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Is Crede still not on the payroll for '08???

If I am the boss an employee being MIA = NO PAY.

Boras sucks.

Crede sucks.

What a mistake Joe made, he was on pace to be a "hometown hero" here in Chicago. Here he was treated as a borderline superstar by the fans; Even if he is able to put up the same numbers elsewhere he will be treated as a journeyman.

TomBradley72
09-20-2008, 04:32 PM
For the this October...I'l take Uribe...he's hitting .288 since the All Star break, playing solid defense, and gives us a little more mobility on the base paths. Sure I'd like a 100% healthy Crede over Uribe. But not the 2008 version. Uribe also seems to rise to the occasion in the post season...he hit .286 across the 2005 post season run to the championship.

chaotic8512
09-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Who would have thought we'd see reactions like this about Crede? Yeah, it was inevitable he'd be gone as long as Boras was his agent (and even more inevitable with the back problems), but I never imagined it being this bitter.

It definitely pisses me off, but more than anything, it really saddens me. :(:

Bye, Joe.

Martinigirl
09-20-2008, 05:30 PM

How is that the same? The White Sox didn't tell him to clean out his locker, at least from what I have read, that was his choice. He walked out on the Sox, the Sox didn't fire him.

And if he isn't willing to give the Sox his medical information while the season is still going on, while he is still under contract, should that be breach of contract?

This whole situation just makes me think so much less of Crede, and that is sad.

soxinem1
09-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Wonder if he comes in every two weeks for his paycheck?

I'm pretty sure Crede has direct deposit.

90% goes in his bank, 10% in Boras'.

EndemicSox
09-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the memories Crede...

I don't think he will be hard to replace, however...

Daver
09-20-2008, 06:50 PM
All of the random speculation in this thread cracks me the hell up. No one here knows any of the pertinent facts on what the situation is.

wassagstdu
09-20-2008, 06:59 PM
What a mistake Joe made, he was on pace to be a "hometown hero" here in Chicago. Here he was treated as a borderline superstar by the fans; Even if he is able to put up the same numbers elsewhere he will be treated as a journeyman.

Joe Crede had a mediocre career in Chicago but became way overvalued by the organization and the fans because of one decent year that contributed to the best thing that happened to the Sox in the lifetimes of all Sox fans -- and most of their parents and grandparents. He got greedy and it cost him. Bye.

cws05champ
09-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Boras is keeping it quiet because he doesn't want the Sox to offer arbitration to Joe and drive up his free market value to other teams. This is quite a shame. I don't know the whole story here, but I really wish Joe was around the cubhouse during the stretch run and playoffs even if he couldn't contribute.

BainesHOF
09-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Anyone who's ever had a bad back knows how difficult it can be to function daily. Without knowing the whole story, I give Crede the benefit of the doubt. It could be very difficult for him to even sit in the dugout for three hours a game much less on road trip flights.

Whatever the case may be, there shouldn't be a communication problem.

Frontman
09-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Anyone who's ever had a bad back knows how difficult it can be to function daily. Without knowing the whole story, I give Crede the benefit of the doubt. It could be very difficult for him to even sit in the dugout for three hours a game much less on road trip flights.

Whatever the case may be, there shouldn't be a communication problem.

There is such a thing as a speakerphone if being on a corded phone causes him too much pain....

oeo
09-20-2008, 10:57 PM

It didn't work before, you think it will magically work now? The guy has been hampered since May, and now with the long time out, you think he's going to come back with a bang? Keep dreaming.

It was evident with his whole "rehab stint" back in August that he was done. It came out of nowhere, and he couldn't even play in consecutive games. They brought him back to see if he had anything left, and he didn't. He's done this year, and I really question what kind of career is even left for him.

hawkjt
09-20-2008, 11:11 PM
All of the random speculation in this thread cracks me the hell up. No one here knows any of the pertinent facts on what the situation is.

I agree. People are all over him basically for being injured and a free agent. Just last April his long run of clutchness was being manifested and he was a key guy.
I think Joe Crede gave darn good service in his years with the sox at a reasonable price. He picked the wrong agent and rolled the dice and now he is going to lose big time. It is a shame...i will always think fondly of Joe Crede.

oeo
09-20-2008, 11:17 PM
I agree. People are all over him basically for being injured and a free agent. Just last April his long run of clutchness was being manifested and he was a key guy. I think Joe Crede gave darn good service in his years with the sox at a reasonable price. He picked the wrong agent and rolled the dice and now he is going to lose big time. It is a shame...i will always think fondly of Joe Crede.

I think most people are 'all over him' because of the way he's treated the entire situation (in other words, the way his agent has). Crede has been more of a puppet of Boras, and that nice guy that connects to the fans has suddenly looked like a complete douche (key word there is looked). If Crede wanted to save his name, he would say to hell with Boras, but he wants his money. And honestly, with his health, I can't blame him...but it's looking like he got a little too greedy.

Daver
09-20-2008, 11:22 PM
I think most people are 'all over him' because of the way he's treated the entire situation (in other words, the way his agent has). Crede has been more of a puppet of Boras, and that nice guy that connects to the fans has suddenly looked like a complete douche (key word there is looked). If Crede wanted to save his name it would say to hell with Boras, but he wants his money. And honestly, with his health, I can't blame him, but it's looking like he got a little too greedy.

Why should he fire his agent over a medical condition that he has no power over?

oeo
09-20-2008, 11:26 PM
Why should he fire his agent over a medical condition that he has no power over?

What the hell are you talking about?

I said to save his name, he should fire Boras, but at this point in time it wouldn't be a smart move. He should have done it months (if not a year ago) if he was going to do it. Boras is making Crede look like a bad guy (which isn't uncommon with his clients), was the point I was trying to make.

Daver
09-20-2008, 11:35 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

I said to save his name, he should fire Boras, but at this point in time it wouldn't be a smart move. He should have done it months (if not a year ago) if he was going to do it. Boras is making Crede look like a bad guy (which isn't uncommon with his clients), was the point I was trying to make.

Then make your point better.

Why should he fire his agent because of your assumptions of misrepresentation? This is comical, fire your agent because a percentage of people on a message board think he's a tool.

DumpJerry
09-21-2008, 12:50 AM
I heard on The Score tonight that Crede might be joining the team in the playoffs. Not dressed to play, but to be there for support.

Sounds like the second opinion told him not to play just yet.....

Lukin13
09-21-2008, 06:56 AM
Crede SHOULD fire Boras and apologize to the White Sox...

If only for:

The off chance that a team with some capital to spend, that needs a third baseman, MIGHT be interested. Even if Joe doesn't want to come back he and his new ageent can use the Sox as leverage against another squad. Crede may have played himself into a situation where he only sees one "take it or leave it" offer that is over a one year deal.

09-21-2008, 07:33 AM

Why should he fire his agent because of your assumptions of misrepresentation? This is comical, fire your agent because a percentage of people on a message board think he's a tool.

Humor is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

The way this situation has played out is very common, when the agent in question is Scott Boras. Doesn't make Boras a good guy, a bad guy, or anything in between. It's how he does business.

And guess what, the way Scott Boras does business tends to tick fans off. So they vent on a message board. It all makes sense if you follow history.

Doesn't matter to me that Crede hired Boras, didn't fire him, whatever. Once Crede entered his walk year (and even before), a scenario like we're seeing now was easy to predict.

Flight #24
09-21-2008, 10:07 AM
I hate to say it because I had previously thought Joe was a pretty standup guy, but this behaviour is completely in keeping with his actions in the offseason and his commentary this year. When approached, they didn't even want to discuss a long-term deal. Then when asked by the media, the party line was "we were never offered one". He's been secretive about injuries and rehab, and there are rumors of tampering. It all fits together very well into a guy who's primarily interested in maximizing his payday and doesn't even want to consider anything that might hinder that in the slightest (for example, discussions with the Sox on an LTD even though he could always decline it and hit the market).

That's a shame, because to me (and maybe I'm one of the few), it taints his Sox career slightly when I look back on it, in a similar (albiet lesser) way to how Maggs departure colors my memory of him.

Adele_H
09-21-2008, 12:26 PM
That's a shame, because to me (and maybe I'm one of the few), it taints his Sox career slightly when I look back on it, in a similar (albiet lesser) way to how Maggs departure colors my memory of him.

Another thing that potentially taints Maggs, at least for me, if Canseco is to be believed, is that he might have been a PED-head. Especially considering how he was often juxtaposed as an "clean alternative" to Sammy Sosa.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I've also had my suspicions about Valentin, Rowand, Olivo and even Loaiza. And Swisher, of course. So whatever.)

WhiteSoxBlog
09-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Just 30 seconds ago, I saw Crede in the Sox dugout. Whatever that means.

doublem23
09-21-2008, 03:10 PM

Probably that this whole thing is overblown by reporters with nothing else to do. Reminds me of Buehrle's overhyped, burning desire to play for the Cardinals.

:shrug:

Maybe Joe's teammates still support him.

Frontman
09-21-2008, 04:16 PM

Swisher had borrowed some of Joe's CDs and he was there to get them back from Swish.

DumpJerry
09-21-2008, 09:33 PM
It means he could not get a ticket for the game so he had to sit in the dugout.

Rocky Soprano
09-21-2008, 10:11 PM

It means that most of the people that responded in this thread have no clue what they are talking about and only speak out of their ass.

grv1974
09-21-2008, 10:50 PM

:rolling:

cws05champ
09-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Doesn't Crede live relatively close to KC? That could be it....

Domeshot17
09-21-2008, 11:22 PM

It goes both ways, it could be any number of things. It could be a save face situation where Crede doesn't want to look bad before FA either.

Either way I am kind of happy he is gone next year. He was great when healthy, but it is more than time to move on. I know baseball is different, but Ozzie is right to say he can't count on Joe for anything at all anymore. What respectable manager at any job with any company would put any stock or importance into an employee who can't fill the minimuim requirements to do his job and inturn misses work 70% of the time. He has become our Kerry Wood. It is sad he never lived up to his potential, but it is what it is and we would be complete fools to go back down this road again.

LoveYourSuit
09-21-2008, 11:35 PM
It means that most of the people that responded in this thread have no clue what they are talking about and only speak out of their ass.

Right, because the 5-7 days MIA never happened. :rolleyes:

Odds are Boras told him to get his ass into that dugout if he wanted to save face for himself. Knowing Boras, this is just a stunt to paint Crede as a good guy once again.

Like I said, the 5-7 days MIA happened for a reason.

Konerko05
09-21-2008, 11:45 PM

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080921&content_id=3521390&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Daver
09-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Right, because the 5-7 days MIA never happened. :rolleyes:

Odds are Boras told him to get his ass into that dugout if he wanted to save face for himself. Knowing Boras, this is just a stunt to paint Crede as a good guy once again.

Like I said, the 5-7 days MIA happened for a reason.

And you know this as fact?

Or just more mindless speculation?

You do know what happens when you assume?

LoveYourSuit
09-21-2008, 11:52 PM
And you know this as fact?

Or just more mindless speculation?

You do know what happens when you assume?

I can only speculate because of the FACTS (not mindless) written that the team did not know where the hell he was for all those days.

Rocky Soprano
09-22-2008, 07:29 AM
I can only speculate because of the FACTS (not mindless) written that the team did not know where the hell he was for all those days.

I could NOT care any less about SPECULATION.
Was he missing? Yes. Why? No one here knows!

chisoxmike
09-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Don't let the door hit you on your bad back on your way out, Joe.

doublem23
09-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Don't let the door hit you on your bad back on your way out, Joe.

:rolleyes:

The guy was a starter on the team that brought us a trophy. Show some gratitude.

chisoxmike
09-22-2008, 10:21 AM

The guy was a starter on the team that brought us a trophy. Show some gratitude.

And I'll always be thankful. But his actions since has really soured my opinion of him.

chisoxfanatic
09-22-2008, 10:26 AM
And I'll always be thankful. But his actions since has really soured my opinion of him.
C'mon, Mike. Admit it...You've liked Crede so much that you have Crede PJs and a Crede alarm clock. :cool:

It really sucks to see him going out this way. He'll always hold a special place in my heart, because he was on that World Series championship team. You'd have to think things would've been much different if he didn't have Bor-Ass as his agent.

sox1970
09-22-2008, 10:29 AM

It's my opinion Crede should have been World Series MVP in 2005. I'll always say that. But he needs to go away...now.

Lip Man 1
09-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Latest info:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/1176795,CST-SPT-ssep22.article

Lip

Frontman
09-22-2008, 11:58 PM
I could NOT care any less about SPECULATION.
Was he missing? Yes. Why? No one here knows!

You mean none of us knew that he had a bad back and didn't get the information that his back is still screwed up to Ozzie and the club until this weekend?

Here's the part that most of us are frustrated with Rocky. Its because he wasn't straight forward with the team (and in doing so, with the fanbase of said team) and we have every right to be bugged with it. It took him months to get someone to examine it? It took him weeks to get a second opinion? It took him another week to finally come through with said second opinion?

Look, I love the kid. I'm one of the many who thought he deserved Gold Gloves, All Star appearances, as well as a strong case to be made for him to be the World Series MVP.

But as Crede has shown he's moving on, you've got to allow the fans here to be frustrated with it. This is now TWO seasons Joe's back has been a liability to this team. If the Sox don't make the playoffs, a good case can be made that injuries cost the team the chance to make it, and Joe's back is at the top of the list.

LoveYourSuit
09-23-2008, 10:18 AM
You mean none of us knew that he had a bad back and didn't get the information that his back is still screwed up to Ozzie and the club until this weekend?

Here's the part that most of us are frustrated with Rocky. Its because he wasn't straight forward with the team (and in doing so, with the fanbase of said team) and we have every right to be bugged with it. It took him months to get someone to examine it? It took him weeks to get a second opinion? It took him another week to finally come through with said second opinion?

Look, I love the kid. I'm one of the many who thought he deserved Gold Gloves, All Star appearances, as well as a strong case to be made for him to be the World Series MVP.

But as Crede has shown he's moving on, you've got to allow the fans here to be frustrated with it. This is now TWO seasons Joe's back has been a liability to this team. If the Sox don't make the playoffs, a good case can be made that injuries cost the team the chance to make it, and Joe's back is at the top of the list.

That post just about sums things up. Great job.

This is the kind of actions that got Frank Thomas roasted by the media and his own manager and GM. Even fans turned on Frank for this kind stuff. More and more to me it has looked like Crede has put himself ahead of the team, and I sitll think he is getting mis-direction from his agent which is making Crede look real bad.

Good thing for Crede is that he came back to his senses and it now looks as if he will be there to support his teamates the rest of the way.

Daver
09-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Here's the part that most of us are frustrated with Rocky. Its because he wasn't straight forward with the team (and in doing so, with the fanbase of said team) and we have every right to be bugged with it.

You know this for a fact how?

Has someone from the team told you this?

oeo
09-23-2008, 10:29 AM

You're the one who pulled the whole 'fire the agent because of a medical condition' out of your ass. It came from nowhere.

Why should he fire his agent because of your assumptions of misrepresentation? This is comical, fire your agent because a percentage of people on a message board think he's a tool.I highly doubt only people here think Crede looks like a tool. And look around baseball, Boras clients usually do look like tools. Your defense of Crede is quite comical, as well.

It took him how long to get back to the Sox?

09-23-2008, 10:46 AM

Do you know it isn't factual? Has someone from the team told you it isn't factual?

Frontman
09-23-2008, 11:28 AM

You mean, besides Ozzie in his pre and post game interviews/press confrences for the past few months? No, Kenny hasn't returned my calls.

From Ozzie's comments of not counting on him, he has no clue where he's at, etc. is the basis for how the fans are feeling. Ozzie, the manager of the team we're fans of, doesn't know:

Where Joe was at

What his doctor said about his back

What Joe was doing to try and get back on the field.

So, unless Ozzie was telling one hell of a HUGE lie; that's the basis of the "fact."

NLaloosh
09-23-2008, 12:31 PM
What bothers Sox fans about Crede is that his actions have suggested "me first" thinking instead of "team first" thinking.

What can you say about that? That's the way it goes. It reminds of the movie A Bronx Tale when Chaz Palminierri's character tells the kid not to cry for Mickey Mantle. He tells him Mickey Mantle doesn't give a **** about you or if your family has enough to eat etc...

That's just the way it is. For some reason Sox fans always thought of Joe as a real down to earth humble aw shucks kind of guy. Now, they're pissed off at him because they found out that he looks out for himself first and the team second.

Oh,well.

Domeshot17
09-23-2008, 01:19 PM

Come on now. I agree there should be some middle ground between the blind Crede apologists in this thread who want to pay him the big bucks to play half a year and the the guys who want to crucify Crede as if he is pulling a Manny Ramirez. However, 2005 no longer has anything to do with it. We don't give Kenny a free pass when he messes up because we brought us a title. We certainly don't give 1 to Ozzie. Half this board wanted to kick PK out of town when he was coming back from his injuries. We have an intense love hate with Uribe. We Boo'd the likes of Neal Cotts and Chris Widger out of here in 2006 and have long forgotten the likes of Carl Everett, Dustin Hermanson, Tadahito Iguchi, Scotty Pods and Cliff Politte. The only 3 guys who seem to get blind support no matter what they do were Rowand Crede and Garland.

I am sorry, but 2005 is 2005, and this is 2008. If Joe Crede is doing something to cause the focus of the team to be anywhere but on October, then the original poster is right, don't the door hit ya where the good lord splits ya. At some point you have to decide if you are a bigger fan of the Sox or Joe Crede, because clearly the line has been drawn. This is the first time, ever, I have heard of a player being removed from a locker room, going MIA for 5 days etc.

Guys who leave because of Injuries and Age like Freddy and Pods, you wish them to do well. Guys who leave because they are more worried about their next paycheck than their 2nd world series ring, well they go play in New York and some people love um and some hate um.

Soxfest
09-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks for 2005 now you and Bor-ASS can have each other good luck with an incentive only contract this winter!