PDA

View Full Version : If there is a Crosstown Series -- what will scalpers charge for the worst seats?

johnnyg83
09-20-2008, 01:35 AM
U/d corners? $500

Scottiehaswheels
09-20-2008, 01:38 AM
$2000 and up... Lower bowl will fetch $10,000 plus I figure.

Jaffar
09-20-2008, 07:30 AM
U/d corners? $500

You couldn't get into the park in 2005 for $500.

CubKilla
09-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Start at $2 thousand and go as high as $10 or $15 thousand.

It'll never happen though so don't sweat it.

jabrch
09-20-2008, 02:49 PM
I can only imagine...

FoulTerritory
09-20-2008, 04:24 PM
You couldn't get into the park in 2005 for $500.

Yup. The UD corners were going for about 700 in the 2005 Word Series.

eriqjaffe
09-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Start at $2 thousand and go as high as $10 or $15 thousand.Who knew the Phillies would be that big of a draw?

kidmccarthy
09-20-2008, 08:14 PM
thats funny my buddy got game 2 tickets in the outfield near where Kongs slam was for about 275. I think tickets under 400 could be had if you had the right friends.

Jpgr91
09-20-2008, 11:56 PM
I am sure I will get blasted for this, but there is no way I am keeping my tickets if I can sell them for over 5k each.

spongyfungy
09-20-2008, 11:59 PM
I am sure I will get blasted for this, but there is no way I am keeping my tickets if I can sell them for over 5k each.

yeah you will get blasted. another hypothetical : the cubs fan offers $7k but the sox fan can only muster up $5k.

Scottiehaswheels
09-21-2008, 12:00 AM
I am sure I will get blasted for this, but there is no way I am keeping my tickets if I can sell them for over 5k each.I'd sell mine too... figure I could pay for 2-3 seasons for selling just one ticket? I'd almost be insane not to... I'd have to go for at least one game though.

Jpgr91
09-21-2008, 12:17 AM
yeah you will get blasted. another hypothetical : the cubs fan offers $7k but the sox fan can only muster up $5k.

I hope that Cub fan in my seat does not get to see a Cubs winner.

MUsoxfan
09-21-2008, 12:21 AM

If I had season tickets and that situation was presented to me I'd sell them to the Sox fan for less money

guillensdisciple
09-21-2008, 12:30 AM
I'd sell mine too... figure I could pay for 2-3 seasons for selling just one ticket? I'd almost be insane not to... I'd have to go for at least one game though.
Absolutely, you can probably see the next two seasons with extremely good seats too. All for selling tickets to one game.

Frankfan4life
09-21-2008, 12:44 AM
If I had season tickets and that situation was presented to me I'd sell them to the Sox fan for less moneySo would I. I hope the majority of Sox fans won't put money ahead of team loyalty. I wouldn't want to see The Cell become Wrigley Field South.

Jpgr91
09-21-2008, 12:56 AM
If I had season tickets and that situation was presented to me I'd sell them to the Sox fan for less money

So would I. I hope the majority of Sox fans won't put money ahead of team loyalty. I wouldn't want to see The Cell become Wrigley Field South.

Wow. That is saying a lot.

Given the previous posters example of selling a seat for 5k instead of 7k, you would be leaving 4k on the table by selling 2 seats to a Sox fan. If you are making 70k a year, you would be leaving 1 month of pay on the table (taxes on the 70k taken into consideration). But hey, thats the great thing about money, you can spend it however you like.

Scottiehaswheels
09-21-2008, 12:59 AM
Wow. That is saying a lot.

Given the previous posters example of selling a seat for 5k instead of 7k, you would be leaving 4k on the table by selling 2 seats to a Sox fan. If you are making 70k a year, you would be leaving 1 month of pay on the table (taxes on the 70k taken into consideration). But hey, thats the great thing about money, you can spend it however you like.Most people on here will think you're an ******* for selling anything for above cost so if I'm already going to be an ass, why not get an extra 2k a ticket for that "title". Besides... I looked at the schedule and at best with my work schedule, travel involved to get there, I'd only be able to make one game at home anyways.

chisoxfanatic
09-21-2008, 01:00 AM
I'd sell mine too... figure I could pay for 2-3 seasons for selling just one ticket? I'd almost be insane not to... I'd have to go for at least one game though.
I figure the same. I'd put my ticket on StubHub for probably about $10,000. If it doesn't sell, I lose nothing, because I'd just go to the game. If it does sell, I'll invest some of it in the stock market. It's a win/win situation.

spongyfungy
09-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Well there's some good rationalizations going on but the likelihood that sox fans with tickets will always give to other sox fans is small. I mean you have to go out of the way to sell it to another sox fan. a cubs fan can buy sox gear and scour craiglists listings that have these stipulations.
stubhub/ebay/brokers won't ensure sox fans get the tickets.

It'll be embarrassing to have a large contingent of cubs fans on the south side.

:puking: Wrigley Field South :puking:

DumpJerry
09-21-2008, 01:34 AM
I figure the same. I'd put my ticket on StubHub for probably about $10,000. If it doesn't sell, I lose nothing, because I'd just go to the game. If it does sell, I'll invest some of it in the stock market. It's a win/win situation.
If I were to put my WS tix up for sale, there is no way on God's Green Earth I would put them on StubHub. 15% out the window? No way. If you sold them for 10K, that's $1,500 you're giving up. A single note in a bathroom at the CBOT would get me all the $$$$ I need within 15 minutes.

Keep in mind that deposits over a certain amount ($10,000, IIRC) are reported to the IRS by your bank, so be prepared to "lose" more than 15% to StubHub if you sell for big bucks there. You will pay the IRS their cut of your income from the sale. Since StubHub pays only with PayPal (another fee) or check, there really is no easy and legal way to avoid the IRS.

Any posts which suggest how to dodge the IRS will be deleted and the poster will not be here for the postseason and beyond. I don't care if you think the method proposed is legal. It probably isn't.

Scottiehaswheels
09-21-2008, 01:40 AM
If I were to put my WS tix up for sale, there is no way on God's Green Earth I would put them on StubHub. 15% out the window? No way. If you sold them for 10K, that's $1,500 you're giving up. A single note in a bathroom at the CBOT would get me all the $$$$ I need within 15 minutes.

Keep in mind that deposits over a certain amount ($10,000, IIRC) are reported to the IRS by your bank, so be prepared to "lose" more than 15% to StubHub if you sell for big bucks there. You will pay the IRS their cut of your income from the sale. Since StubHub pays only with PayPal (another fee) or check, there really is no easy and legal way to avoid the IRS.

Any posts which suggest how to dodge the IRS will be deleted and the poster will not be here for the postseason and beyond.
Eh I have always claimed $1000 or so from ticket sales for games I couldn't get to from year to year.. I have a mortgage now which would balance out a $10,000 ticket sale. :cool:

Tekijawa
09-21-2008, 05:15 PM
If this happens I know that my seats in section 103 will be well into the $10k's... I'll enjoy watching the Sox sweep on my new TV in my new master bedroom.