PDA

View Full Version : Tiger / Indian brawl tonight

LoveYourSuit
09-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Sheffield and Carmona.

Looks like Sheff took a beating from the preview ESPN just gave us.

chisoxmike
09-19-2008, 11:07 PM
:rolling: :rolling:

Two disappointing teams going at it during garbage time!

:moonwalk::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :moonwalk:

thomas35forever
09-19-2008, 11:18 PM
:rolling: :rolling:

Two disappointing teams going at it during garbage time!

:moonwalk::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :moonwalk:
Hey, if this can't be the series with playoff implications, they gotta make it interesting.:cool:

voodoochile
09-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Someone needs to tell them that "Duking it out for third place" is just an expression and one that is ALWAYS said with one's tongue firmly planted in one's cheek...

monkeypants
09-20-2008, 12:09 AM
I haven't seen the brawl yet but could there be suspensions for the Indians and would those suspensions take effect during the Sox last regular season series with Cleveland?

FedEx227
09-20-2008, 12:11 AM
I haven't seen the brawl yet but could there be suspensions for the Indians and would those suspensions take effect during the Sox last regular season series with Cleveland?

Fighting has no place in baseball. I think they should be forced to forfeit all remaining games right now.

Lip Man 1
09-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Yes they would. I don't think an appeal can be carried over into the following season.

Lip

doublem23
09-20-2008, 12:38 AM
I would like to remind everyone, before we start having wet dreams about Fausto Carmona getting suspended for the last series of the season, that we own him to the tune of .292/.389/.483.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pi/p-pvb.cgi?n1=carmofa01#choice=&bats=&minPA2=0&minPA=0&orderbydir=DESC&orderbydirb=ASC&n1=carmofa01&as=pitcher&year_game=career&opp_id=CHW&orderby=PA&orderbyb=Name

Knowing our luck, they'd replace him with some junkballer AAAA-pitcher who would shut us down for 8 innings.

oeo
09-20-2008, 12:39 AM
Sheffield is such a douchebag. That was pretty sweet watching Fausto hit him in the noggin. :D:

voodoochile
09-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Yes they would. I don't think an appeal can be carried over into the following season.

Lip

Even if it could, why would they? I imagine both teams would take very strong stands "encouraging" their players to get the suspension over and done with so they can start next season on the right foot. Both these teams are chomping at the bit and ticked off about where they are which is why they are edgy. Both of them are also going to expect to be back to winning baseball next year.

chisoxfanatic
09-20-2008, 12:46 AM
I would like to remind everyone, before we start having wet dreams about Fausto Carmona getting suspended for the last series of the season, that we own him to the tune of .292/.389/.483.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pi/p-pvb.cgi?n1=carmofa01#choice=&bats=&minPA2=0&minPA=0&orderbydir=DESC&orderbydirb=ASC&n1=carmofa01&as=pitcher&year_game=career&opp_id=CHW&orderby=PA&orderbyb=Name

Knowing our luck, they'd replace him with some junkballer AAAA-pitcher who would shut us down for 8 innings.
I'd expect more than Carmona to be suspended. Brawls typically get more than a handful of players suspended.

StillMissOzzie
09-20-2008, 12:57 AM
I'd expect more than Carmona to be suspended. Brawls typically get more than a handful of players suspended.

Sheffield is the mope who took off from 1st base to the bump to attack Carmona, who had just thrown over to first. If Sheffield doesn't get a few games off, then nobody does.

SMO

Nellie_Fox
09-20-2008, 01:34 AM
fPbPcOFMdns

LoveYourSuit
09-20-2008, 01:48 AM
It's times like this when you appreciate a piece of crap like a Roger Clemens who would have re-fired the baseball to Sheffield's grill when he was staring to the mound on the way to 1B.

Another observation, why didn't anyone tag Sheffield with the ball or was he already out for leaving the baseline before time was called?

Also, how big of turd is Sheff that it didn't even look like his teammates wanted to protect him. I only saw coaches holding him back.

Sox4ever77
09-20-2008, 03:04 AM
When Sheffield was on the Dodgers, he got his ass kicked by Jason Kendall. Wish there was a You Tube video of that.

SaltyPretzel
09-20-2008, 03:20 AM
I wonder if Farnsworth came to help.

thegooch
09-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Another observation, why didn't anyone tag Sheffield with the ball or was he already out for leaving the baseline before time was called?

Also, how big of turd is Sheff that it didn't even look like his teammates wanted to protect him. I only saw coaches holding him back.

Completely agree with both these points.

Mostly, though, Sheffield is a douche. I hope he gets blackballed next year. Roid raging maniac.

oeo
09-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Sheffield is the mope who took off from 1st base to the bump to attack Carmona, who had just thrown over to first. If Sheffield doesn't get a few games off, then nobody does.

SMO

They're both likely to get pretty large ones.

PatK
09-20-2008, 09:37 AM
I can't get why he'd get so mad at Carmona going back to first.

The bean ball, understood.

Gary's gonna have a nice shiner.

Noneck
09-20-2008, 09:37 AM
When Sheffield left 1st to go get Carmona was he tagged out or called out for leaving the base path? Or did the ump grant time?

doublem23
09-20-2008, 09:56 AM
When Sheffield left 1st to go get Carmona was he tagged out or called out for leaving the base path? Or did the ump grant time?

I believe that's a dead ball situation so the "basepath" rules don't really apply.

chaerulez
09-20-2008, 10:37 AM
Completely agree with both these points.

Mostly, though, Sheffield is a douche. I hope he gets blackballed next year. Roid raging maniac.

If a team signs him I think I'll go to the game when they come to town, sit in right field and hold up a sign with the picture of Carmona holding him in a headlock.

Dibbs
09-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Good stuff, but Carmona barely tapped him on the head. He definitely didn't win the "fight" or lack thereof.

turners56
09-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Sheffield got his ass beat. Total lulz.

Two disappointments going at it, funny stuff.

JUribe1989
09-20-2008, 11:28 AM
After Sheffield got his ass handed to him, Choo hit a huge clutch HR (his second of the game) and Jamey Carroll walked off the sorry Tiggers. It's really great to see how much fight the Tribe are showing even though they're out of it.

turners56
09-20-2008, 11:35 AM
After Sheffield got his ass handed to him, Choo hit a huge clutch HR (his second of the game) and Jamey Carroll walked off the sorry Tiggers. It's really great to see how much fight the Tribe are showing even though they're out of it.

Umm, I hope they lose all of their "fight" next weekend and I know you would too.

Dan Mega
09-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Anyone else think that fight was kind of lame? I was all yawnish.

I want Mags back
09-20-2008, 12:18 PM

I believe that's a dead ball situation so the "basepath" rules don't really apply.

yea thats what I would say, that once someone charges the mound its a deadball. Fortunately in my 5 years of umpiring I havent experienced a bench clearing brawl.

jackbrohamer
09-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Sheffield is the mope who took off from 1st base to the bump to attack Carmona, who had just thrown over to first.

He also took his bat with him to first base after he got hit. Those are obviously Cleveland announcers but I agree with them that Sheffield escalated the situation.

Soxfanspcu11
09-20-2008, 01:00 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Did anyone else see #20 on the Indians, whoever that is on the ground covering up his head?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA No one was even going after him!!!!! What a ****ing douche!!!!!:bandance:

And yes, Sheffield is a scumbag but it did look like, at least to Me, that Carmona threw over to 1st base, A LOT HARDER than a pitcher normally does. Watch da replay again, he FIRED that ball over there. So, in that sense, I can understand Sheffield being upset. Especially after that staredown that they had that last all the way down the 1st baseline.

Good stuff though.

SaltyPretzel
09-20-2008, 01:31 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Did anyone else see #20 on the Indians, whoever that is on the ground covering up his head?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA No one was even going after him!!!!! What a ****ing douche!!!!!:bandance:

If I was knocked over and on the bottom of a pile during a huge brawl, I'd do the same thing. You don't know if you're going to get sucker punched, kicked, or spiked in the noggin. It's not like he has eyes in the back of his head.

Soxfanspcu11
09-20-2008, 04:22 PM
If I was knocked over and on the bottom of a pile during a huge brawl, I'd do the same thing. You don't know if you're going to get sucker punched, kicked, or spiked in the noggin. It's not like he has eyes in the back of his head.

Yeah well, I still thought it was funny as hell.