View Full Version : *Official* "Don't Stop Believin'" 9/19/2008 Postgame Thread

Viva Medias B's
09-19-2008, 09:50 PM
:rooney
:winner

Numérico magical es siete.

itsnotrequired
09-19-2008, 09:51 PM
I thought this team was finished weeks ago?

:redneck

SportsPg
w00t! Magic # 7!!!

:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

Soxman219
:rooney

Numérico magical es siete.

:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance::bandance:! Keep it up guys! Wise is my hero.

LoveYourSuit
09-19-2008, 09:54 PM
That was a refresher!

Nice to see the bullpen get outs for once.

Like they say, we are un-beatable when hitting the long ball.

Gavin
Cabrera is .375/.444/.469 plus tonight in September. He is hot.

Alexei busted this game open, it's too bad he will lose ROY to Longoria.

chisoxfanatic
We definitely needed that one! Any progress the Twins had after last night has been erased! If all the cards fall right, we still CAN clinch this one at the Baggie Dome!

That was a nice fourth inning, guys! Congrats to TCM in becoming the first rookie to hit three grand slams in a season! That could help his cause in getting that ROY award.

I'm feeling a bit better now than last night.

JB98
09-19-2008, 09:55 PM
That's a relief. Win another one tomorrow, please.

Rdy2PlayBall
I wish Longoria would just get a season ending injury (still make the play-offs though, I'm not that cold-hearted) so Alexei can get ROY. He really deserves it and it stinks Alexei doesn't have the power and RBI numbers he has.

7!!!!!! Great game! :bandance:

turners56
Good win. Buehrle pitched good. Bullpen did well. Offense came back! We can't slack off tommorow, gotta take at least 2 games here. We've let up a bit after taking the first game in KC before.

chisoxfanatic
09-19-2008, 09:58 PM
I wish Longoria would just get a season ending injury (still make the play-offs though, I'm not that cold-hearted) so Alexei can get ROY. He really deserves it and it stinks Alexei doesn't have the power and RBI numbers he has.
We want Longoria to continue tearing it up the next two days!

Konerko05
09-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Great win tonight.

Alexei's grand slam seemed to take tons of pressure off the entire club. That was much needed.

Cabrera has shown he is an absolute gamer down the stretch. My opinion of him has changed completely from the start of the season.

Great job by Buehrle surving on short rest.

Dewayne Wise continues to make me eat crow. No matter what I think about the guy, he is helping the Sox win this division.

Bullpen does it's job. Linebrink is very slowly coming around.

I'd also like to add, today was one of the weirdest broadcasts I've heard from Hawk and DJ. DJ sounds like he is getting a little too loose in the booth knowing he is finished in 10 days.

Adele_H
09-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Much-needed bludgeoning of a bad pitcher on the road. At least Alexei hasn't completely forgotten how to come through with a clutch 2-out hit...

Now rinse and repeat on Sat, Sun against those 2 other KC bozos moonlighing as major league SP.

---
You can put lipstick on a :bandance: banana, but it's still a banana.

Adele_H
09-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Like they say, we are un-beatable when hitting the long ball.

I'd say we're unbeatable when we hit HR.... and our pitchers hold the other team in the park.

chisoxfanatic
09-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Cabrera has shown he is an absolute gamer down the stretch. My opinion of him has changed completely from the start of the season.
He did the exact same thing when he played in Boston.

voodoochile
09-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Holy crap, you mean the Royals really do stink and the Rays really are in a pennant race/fight for the the ALE crown with all the tools that implies?

Whodathunkit...

:twinslose:

:supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

:)

:moonwalk:

7 (holy crap that font is huge... what size is it anyway?)

Chisox353014
09-19-2008, 10:09 PM
No matter what happens we are assured of going to the Metrodump with the division lead.
Next two days will be huge. We could be anywhere from 4.5 up and in near-foregone conclusion mode to 0.5 up and in full nail-biting, pants-pooping mode.

hawkjt
09-19-2008, 10:10 PM
No doubt the sox have not scored 6 two out runs in awhile.
Alexei's slam might turn out to be the 08 equivalent of Crede's homer in 05 vs the Tribe. In fact ,they just mentioned in the postgame that after 153 games in 05 the lead was 1.5...and tonite after 153 the lead is 2.5

Trying to recall, 1.5 was the narrowest lead the sox had in 05 and the next game was Joe's homer,right? Lot of parallels....I hope.

Here's to Alexei...way to go ,kid.

Woofer
09-19-2008, 10:10 PM
I feel great tonight. Winning makes me very happy, so much better than last night. Keep on winning, and we start thinking playoffs.

Dub25
09-19-2008, 10:33 PM
What a difference 24 hours makes. Last night, all I could think was I can't wait until the game tomorrow. Tonight, I can enjoy one more cold one before heading off to a good night's sleep. Heck, maybe 2 more... it's Friday and I ain't got sh** to do.

Mod Edit: Just type the word... it's a pretty basic rule...

Lip Man 1
09-19-2008, 10:36 PM
The two at bats that won this one were A.J.'s setting up Ramirez's. That's "grinder" ball.

Ozzie talks about what he wants the final week:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080919&content_id=3509373&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Lip

alohafri
09-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Alexei busted this game open, it's too bad he will lose ROY to Longoria.

The thing that keeps him in the running is the fact that he has three Grannies.

Dub25
09-19-2008, 10:38 PM
What a difference 24 hours makes. Last night, all I could think was I can't wait until the game tomorrow. Tonight, I can enjoy one more cold one before heading off to a good night's sleep. Heck, maybe 2 more... it's Friday and I ain't got sh** to do.

Mod Edit: Just type the word... it's a pretty basic rule...

Sorry, didn't mean to offend but I thought I would offend some younger poster's ma's or pa's.

pczarapa
09-19-2008, 10:40 PM
I am predicting we go into Minnesota with a 3 1/2 game lead. If we take the first game in the HHH Metrodump it's pretty much over. I'm not feeling super warm and fuzzy about our playoff chances (unless someone in the bullpen besides Thornton/Jenks decides to pitch), but I think we'll get in.

jabrch
09-19-2008, 10:42 PM
I thought this team was finished weeks ago?

:redneck

I was told we had no chance from the beginning. Hell - we were told the hiring of Ozzie Guillen would bring this franchise to its knees.

Dub25
09-19-2008, 10:43 PM
I am predicting we go into Minnesota with a 3 1/2 game lead. If we take the first game in the HHH Metrodump it's pretty much over. I'm not feeling super warm and fuzzy about our playoff chances (unless someone in the bullpen besides Thornton/Jenks decides to pitch), but I think we'll get in.

Who needs a bullpen. Instead of the ALCS, Buehrle, Floyd, Danks, and Vasquez will throw complete games throughout the whole playoffs. :gulp:

Tragg
09-19-2008, 10:44 PM
How did linebrink look?

Dub25
09-19-2008, 10:45 PM
How did linebrink look?

Better!

pczarapa
Who needs a bullpen. Instead of the ALCS, Buehrle, Floyd, Danks, and Vasquez will throw complete games throughout the whole playoffs. :gulp:

That's pretty much what we did in 2005, it was the starter and then Jenks if we needed it. This things going to be wide open. The Angels have had it locked up and could go stale, BoSox and Rays can be handled if we pitch.

chisoxfanatic
How did linebrink look?
Very effective.

pczarapa
09-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Better!

Agreed, had good speed and threw strikes. Had two ridiculous down the line hits against him.

Dub25
09-19-2008, 10:46 PM
That's pretty much what we did in 2005, it was the starter and then Jenks if we needed it. This things going to be wide open. The Angels have had it locked up and could go stale, BoSox and Rays can be handled if we pitch.

With that being said and assuming the boys make the playoffs, I'll take my chances with The Rays. Why you ask? Because I'm hoping nerves will settle in on a young team where as the Angels won't be bothered by the atmosphere.

voodoochile
09-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to offend but I thought I would offend some younger poster's ma's or pa's.

by typing ****? (yes, I typed the full word, look what the language filter turned it into). That's the point of having a language filter. It's people like you circumventing the filter and attempting to self filter/censor who end up getting in trouble.

Read the rules thread at the top of this forum. It's pretty self-explanatory...

Adele_H
09-19-2008, 10:51 PM
The thing that keeps him in the running is the fact that he has three Grannies.

Is that even biologically possible? :scratch:

But if true... With a family support like that, no wonder Alexei is moving mountains on the field.

Dub25
09-19-2008, 10:51 PM
by typing ****? (yes, I typed the full word, look what the language filter turned it into). That's the point of having a language filter. It's people like you circumventing the filter and attempting to self filter/censor who end up getting in trouble.

Read the rules thread at the top of this forum. It's pretty self-explanatory...

Geez man, sorry. Can't we enjoy a win. Sometimes I just like to jump in and express happiness without having to pour over pages and pages of reading material. I was just trying to be careful. Again, sorry.

voodoochile
09-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Geez man, sorry. Can't we enjoy a win. Sometimes I just like to jump in and express happiness without having to pour over pages and pages of reading material. I was just trying to be careful. Again, sorry.

No biggie, it's just becoming more common these days and I really don't want to give someone a rip the last week of the season. That would suck. I don't look forward to doing it over something relatively trivial, but that's our job.

So do me a favor, read the rules and follow them. Then we can all party like a drunken banana as the Sox roll into the playoffs...

Dub25
09-19-2008, 10:58 PM
No biggie, it's just becoming more common these days and I really don't want to give someone a rip the last week of the season. That would suck. I don't look forward to doing it over something relatively trivial, but that's our job.

So do me a favor, read the rules and follow them. Then we can all party like a drunken banana as the Sox roll into the playoffs...

It's cool. I'll try to take some time to re-familiarize with the rules. I love this site.

EuroSox35
09-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Hawk nailed it, AJ at-bat was huge, set up the whole win. Those are the types of at-bats the offense has been missing, you tie that in with the way we hit HRs and the pitcher's job will be a lot easier

Lundind1
09-19-2008, 11:25 PM
The last couple of days have been tough. I don't think that we should ever give up on this team. I have been reminded of that fact by the ever positive thinking girlfriend about this team. "Every time you go to give up on them, they turn around and do this, so keep yourself in the game!!" I swear, I am going to hear this a ton the next few weeks, I know it.

Great game, Alexei getting another granny, and Wise....time for some unsung hero. CQ goes down, Dye and Swisher slump a bit in the power department and we have two guys proving to us and the rest of league why they should be here. Everyone is contributing mightily, totally awesome.

Zisk77
09-19-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm happy, and thats all I got to say about that. :bandance:

Lundind1
09-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Just a bit more and I can breathe again this year.

SoxSpeed22
09-19-2008, 11:44 PM
This was a huge win after that lousy series at Yankee Stadium. The home runs returned and the pitching did their job. Hopefully Gavin can make it 17 wins for him and Kazmir and the Rays take care of business.

johnnyg83
09-20-2008, 12:30 AM
I was at the game ... fewest Sox fans I've seen but the ones that were there were vocal ... I was wearing my Nellie Fox 1960 road jersey and few fans found me. Aside from Teahan and Aviles, MB was great. To Hawk's defense I though Konerko's warning track shot was out and Thome's was a double. I also thought ALexei's was a 50/50. Place was packed. they've closed off a bunch of seating in the rehab and everyone's forced thru one entrance and the concessions are smaller.

They do a full bar ... Gin & Tonics, Vodka ... which wasn't cool as we sat next to a 300 lbs guy who drank three in an inning and a half.

I was with my boy and my niece ... and he was a loudmouth. I just stood up every time we hit a HR and clapped loudly. Then after Wise hit his HR I said loud enough for him to hear, "even our bench players can hit off off their pitchers." Which is a shame, because I like the Royals. Damn open bars.

guillensdisciple
09-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Wow no offense but we are just a bunch of psychotic people. Last night we were going to give up, now everything is exactly the way it is supposed to be. Can we just make up our minds?

TommyJohn
09-20-2008, 09:35 AM
I was told we had no chance from the beginning. Hell - we were told the hiring of Ozzie Guillen would bring this franchise to its knees.

Yeah, well I knew from the beginning what a great team this would be under Guillen. Oh, pay no attention to that signature below my post. :whistle:

FarWestChicago
09-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah, well I knew from the beginning what a great team this would be under Guillen. Oh, pay no attention to that signature below my post. :whistle:Well done, sir. You have class. :thumbsup: