PDA

View Full Version : Horacio Ramírez

Chicken Dinner
09-19-2008, 10:37 AM
So this guy has pitched 11.1 innings for us, given up 22 hits and 8 walks along with 10 earned runs. His career stats suck as much as his White Sox stats.

Although Kenny usually does a good job, this acquisition sucks.

DumpJerry
09-19-2008, 10:39 AM
He It was an emergency acquisition after the trade deadline. KW's options were limited.

champagne030
09-19-2008, 10:45 AM
So this guy has pitched 11.1 innings for us, given up 22 hits and 8 walks along with 10 earned runs. His career stats suck as much as his White Sox stats.

He sucks, but when the other option is Logan what do you do?

It blows that they're our options, but I can only blame Oswaldo so far....he can quit in the 6th and bring in Logan or he can quit later in the 6th and let Owens bat for Thome or some other good hitter. Ozzie sets the tone and he's quit on a lot of games so far........

soxfan43
09-19-2008, 10:45 AM

Agreed. Not many options out there though, he does suck however. These KC cast off pitchers haven't really been working out.

Huisj
09-19-2008, 10:57 AM
He's really had two different season. Good with KC, terrible with the Sox. 2.6 baserunners per inning? ouch.

Chicken Dinner
09-19-2008, 10:59 AM
And who knows how many inherited runners he's allowed to score.

Huisj
09-19-2008, 11:19 AM
And who knows how many inherited runners he's allowed to score.

No near to fear, baseball-reference knows all. Looking at his game log, it looks like like he's inherited 6 and allowed 4 to score. He inherited 10 and allowed 0 to score with KC.

Jenks4Prez
09-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Who cares!? He has a great name! Horacio!

VeeckAsInWreck
09-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Who cares!? He has a great name! Horacio!

My name is actually Horacio Ramirez and I've been getting a lot of grief about my namesake's performance with the Sox.

I feel like Homer Simpson when there was the TV show with a detective with his same name and they turned the character into an idiot.

kittle42
09-19-2008, 12:13 PM
My name is actually Horacio Ramirez and I've been getting a lot of grief about my namesake's performance with the Sox.

I feel like Homer Simpson when there was the TV show with a detective with his same name and they turned the character into an idiot.

"Have you ever thought about changing your name to Mike?"

"Why should I change my name? He's the one who sucks."

CashMan
09-19-2008, 12:17 PM

Gotta love the Office Space reference!

Madscout
09-19-2008, 12:19 PM

You mean...
"Hmm... well why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?"

Sorry, I just love that movie.

JB98
09-19-2008, 12:48 PM

With Kansas City, I think Ramirez had only one walk in 20-some innings pitched. As soon as he came to the Sox, he started walking guys and pitching behind in counts.

We see the results of that. He stinks.

Lukin13
09-19-2008, 12:51 PM
No chance he makes the playoff roster. Thornton, Logan, Richard and even Danks (if he isn't starting) are all better lefty options out of the pen.

There shouldn't be a situation that Horacio gets the ball the rest of the season.

oeo
09-19-2008, 12:55 PM

Why are you whining again? Because you can?

He sucks, but when the other option is Logan what do you do?

It blows that they're our options, but I can only blame Oswaldo so far....he can quit in the 6th and bring in Logan or he can quit later in the 6th and let Owens bat for Thome or some other good hitter. Ozzie sets the tone and he's quit on a lot of games so far........

:lol:

Britt Burns
09-19-2008, 12:59 PM
There shouldn't be a situation that Horacio gets the ball the rest of the season.

I wish I could believe this....

btrain929
09-19-2008, 01:15 PM
He didn't take a job away from anyone who could have done a better job, and he cost us nothing.

Why are you bitching.....:rolleyes:

TDog
09-19-2008, 01:17 PM
... These KC cast off pitchers haven't really been working out.

In addiiton to Ramirez, that would be MacDougal, Dotel and Carrasco.

Before this season, Ramirez has always had control problems. He seemed to have overcome that with the Royals, where he only walked one. He was a starter in the minors this season in the Mariners and Royals organizations, starting six games. He has been a starter pretty much throughout his minor league career. With Omaha, he had an ERA over 19 innings in three starts when he was called up. He had walked three and given up 15 hits.

He didn't walk any in his 5.2 innings against the White Sox in which he gave up two runs since being called up in June. After he was acquired post-trade dealine after clearing waivers, he had five outings for the Sox where he didn't issue any walks, although he proved to be a much more hittable pitcher when he had three balls on a hitter. He had given up one run in four innings (a big one because it lost a game in Oakland, although Royals-castoff Carrasco was on the mound when it scored) and allowed no inherited runs before he walked a batter while giving up three runs on three hits to the Rays. He hasn't been the same pitcher in his eight outings since, only getting the job done in three of them.

Horacio Ramirez was acquired because the Sox needed to fill the role Boone Logan was successful in early this season. Logan seems to have completely lost it. Since the acquistion, Logan has had six outings and failed in three. Of the two, Logan has been hit harder. Obvioulsy, neither are getting the job done in September.

jabrch
09-19-2008, 01:22 PM
He didn't take a job away from anyone who could have done a better job, and he cost us nothing.

Because it is a day that ends in Y

kittle42
09-19-2008, 01:54 PM

Because he has a nearly 9 ERA and has been nothing but a detriment to the team? Saying no one could have done a better job is a stretch. Saying who knows who could have done a better job at the time he was acquired? That I would agree with.

white sox bill
09-19-2008, 02:13 PM

I'd sue for defamation of character!

TDog
09-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Because he has a nearly 9 ERA and has been nothing but a detriment to the team? Saying no one could have done a better job is a stretch. Saying who knows who could have done a better job at the time he was acquired? That I would agree with.

But simply complaining that he was acquired and looking at his cumulative stats and concluding he can never be a successful pitcher (whether the conclusion proves true or not) is a poor excuse for baseball analysis. In truth, Ramirez hasn't always been a detriment to the team.

Konerko05
09-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Horacio Ramirez is awful. That's all there is to it.

He allows too many runners on base, and doesn't have an out pitch to get out of jams.

When he gets ahead 0-2, he immediately loses the hitter and goes 3-2. He can't put hitters away.

When he is walking 1 batter per 24 innings, he is serviceable. At his normal walk rate, he is atrocious.

Never pitch Horacio Ramirez again.

11 IP, 2.64 Whip, 2 SO. Enough said.

thomas35forever
09-19-2008, 03:05 PM
I liked the acquisition when it happened because Linebrink was out, but the more I watch him, the less I think of him. Like it or not though, Ozzie is going keep running out there when needed. Whether he makes the playoff roster is unseen, but he better only be used in mop-up situations from here on out.

btrain929
09-19-2008, 03:30 PM

Out of the bullpen in the past month or so, who doesn't?

Jenks4Prez
09-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Ok. Our Horatio sucks, but that Horatio in CSI Miami is one bad dude for what its worth?

Konerko05
09-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Ok. Our Horatio sucks, but that Horatio in CSI Miami is one bad dude for what its worth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWS7c21jOnI

BigP50
09-19-2008, 05:25 PM
every time he comes in, honestly I think that we are going to lose.