PDA

View Full Version : El Puque's Cy Young Bid

Unregistered
05-15-2002, 06:56 PM
This may be more of a parking lot post, but it looks like the (former) league leader in ERA is having a tough day. El Duque's line: 1 2/3 innings, 8 runs, 6 hits...against the D-Rays. he entered the game with a 2.13ERA and left with a 3.44. Hopefully Ritchie can lower his ERA even more tonight, and inch his way onto the top spot...

Soxheads
05-15-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
This may be more of a parking lot post, but it looks like the (former) league leader in ERA is having a tough day. El Duque's line: 1 2/3 innings, 8 runs, 6 hits...against the D-Rays. he entered the game with a 2.13ERA and left with a 3.44. Hopefully Ritchie can lower his ERA even more tonight, and inch his way onto the top spot...

:hitless
"Anyone trying to win a league award can't slip an inch. Why do you think I don't try for the balls that I would have to dive for? One might bounce off my glove and be called an error. "

:jerry
"We wouldn't let that happen."

FoulkeTheIndians
05-15-2002, 07:44 PM
I'll never forget the time we lit up El Duque for 9 ER in 2/3 of an inning in 2000. He entered with a 3.something ERA and left with like a 6.13. Manos capped it all off with a Slam.

Ahh, memories....

Soxheads
05-15-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by FoulkeTheIndians
I'll never forget the time we lit up El Duque for 9 ER in 2/3 of an inning in 2000. He entered with a 3.something ERA and left with like a 6.13. Manos capped it all off with a Slam.

Ahh, memories....

We'll have many more memories from this year. Trust me. :smile:

Garrison
05-15-2002, 09:56 PM
The more that we bat against the Indians fat pitching staff, the more wonderful offensive memories we'll make. Boy did we get shut down by Texas pitching tonight. Yet again.....