PDA

View Full Version : Clenching (your teeth) waiting for Sox to clinch?

tony1972
09-18-2008, 01:55 PM
I have..I may have to get invisalign soon...:whiner:

Mr.1Dog
09-18-2008, 02:13 PM
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/lastofthebenders/FreeRep7-TV/Lloyd-Bridges-3.gif Looks like I picked a bad time of year to quit sniffing glue.

TDog
09-18-2008, 02:16 PM
I have..I may have to get invisalign soon...:whiner:

Is this any different from 2005? Instead of going to the Metrodome to play three against the challenger before returning home for a weekend, the Sox were finishing the season with a seven-game roadtrip and in the home of what seemed to be the red-hot challenger.

We didn't know at the time that the Indians had peaked to soon and the Sox had yet to peak. Of course, that isn't to say that 2008 will end as happily, but that can't be said for any team.

Relax. You're a White Sox fan. Pennant races don't come your way every year. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

chisoxfanatic
09-18-2008, 02:19 PM
I can say my stomach's not been feeling too happy lately. I just wish they'd put ONE extra game between themselves and Minnesota tonight.

whitesox901
09-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Im hopin' we enter the Glad-Bag Dome with a 4.5 game lead, that was be real settlin'

Chez
09-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Im hopin' we enter the Glad-Bag Dome with a 4.5 game lead, that was be real settlin'

I think a 3.5 lead going into Minny is realistic. If under those circumstances, we can't win one game in the damn dome, then I'm not sure we deserve to win the division. Of course "deserve" has got nothing to do with this! :smile:

The Milkman
09-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Like Todd O'Connor, I've had several mini-heart attacks as of late...

Madscout
09-18-2008, 02:52 PM
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/lastofthebenders/FreeRep7-TV/Lloyd-Bridges-3.gif Looks like I picked a bad time of year to quit sniffing glue.
Looks like I picked a bad week to quit doin' amphetamines.

kaufsox
09-18-2008, 03:28 PM
not my teeth, squeaky bum time!

PatK
09-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Teeth, sphincter.

You name it, I'm clenching it right now.

I almost can not watch the games.

Lundind1
09-18-2008, 03:51 PM
I am on lockdown. I almost can't bear to watch more than 5 minutes at a time. Grinding and gnashing of teeth is a good way to say it. Guess this is the new style of "grinder" ball we have been looking for.

Yeah, bad pun I know. :(:

Foulke You
09-18-2008, 04:55 PM
I find myself swearing and yelling at the TV more in the past couple weeks when the Sox are playing poorly. I just about lost it during that botched rundown play on Tuesday. I've also been screaming at Ozzie for continuing to have guys bunt who shouldn't be bunting. I think I saved the most profanity for Jerry Owens on Tuesday and his meek, pathetic attempts at hitting. It will be a great relief to me if and when we do clinch this thing. My neighbors probably think I'm verbally abusing my wife or something.:D: Wins are extra great at this time of year but losses are extra crushing. It has been a rollercoaster, no doubt.