PDA

View Full Version : 27-Game Plan Getting to Buy Extra Postseason Tickets?

spiffie
09-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Mods, wasn't sure if this belonged in Clubhouse or Ticket Exchange.

I know this is likely ludicrous, but a friend of mine who is a full-season ticket holder related this exchange he says he had with someone who is a 27 game ticket holder. "He asked where our seats were and I told him we were full season, not 27 game. He then told me that he got to buy 4 tickets but that they weren't the same 2 seats plus 2 more somewhere else. He got to buy 4 for at least the ALDS and they were all in the upper deck. It really annoys me that we full season ticket holders cannot order more tickets for the post season. But 27 game plan ticket holders can."

I suspect that there is just confusion here about a guy who either is lying or just not being clear about what tickets he bought, but as a 27-game plan holder myself I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything like this. Anyone?

Meixner007
09-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Mods, wasn't sure if this belonged in Clubhouse or Ticket Exchange.

I know this is likely ludicrous, but a friend of mine who is a full-season ticket holder related this exchange he says he had with someone who is a 27 game ticket holder. "He asked where our seats were and I told him we were full season, not 27 game. He then told me that he got to buy 4 tickets but that they weren't the same 2 seats plus 2 more somewhere else. He got to buy 4 for at least the ALDS and they were all in the upper deck. It really annoys me that we full season ticket holders cannot order more tickets for the post season. But 27 game plan ticket holders can."

I suspect that there is just confusion here about a guy who either is lying or just not being clear about what tickets he bought, but as a 27-game plan holder myself I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything like this. Anyone?

No option like that for me.

salty99
09-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Me either.

Chez
09-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Unlikely. I'm a full season ticket holder and was not offered (unlike in past seasons) an option to purchase more tickets. In fact, my rep told me that there would be no such opportunity.

Lundind1
09-18-2008, 04:40 PM
We still have many season ticket holders on the roster, so extra's are at a premium. All major packages got their post season option, whatever that may have been.

Technically, I have my full season package and I also have a 27-gamer for my dad, and neither one of them had the option under the same account. I don't see that scenario as being correct with the extra's. If it is, then why didn't all the others get a crack at it also???

jabrch
09-18-2008, 04:41 PM
No such thing exists as per my Rep. I hold fulls and 27s and wasn't offered any extra.

dllrbll7
09-18-2008, 07:46 PM
I have heard if you have seats that MLB wants for the post season(ie by the dugout etc) that they would offer to relocate you and let you buy extra playoff tickets. This was a few years ago though.

champagne030
09-18-2008, 08:01 PM
I have heard if you have seats that MLB wants for the post season(ie by the dugout etc) that they would offer to relocate you and let you buy extra playoff tickets. This was a few years ago though.

Additional tickets are available. It's not on a form, are very limited and is handled on a case by case basis.

Lundind1
09-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Just got a notice from whitesox.com for FULL season ticket holders only. Full package holders get the opportunity to purchase up to 2 more seats for any ALDS game in the presale. You should get a presale code in your email for the tickets and details on how/when to order them.

They said that any orders exceeding the limit of two (2) for the whole series will be cancelled.

Jpgr91
09-19-2008, 06:51 PM
I am a 27 game season ticket holder, and I recieved an email giving me the oportunity to purchase ALDS tickets.

Lundind1
09-19-2008, 06:51 PM
I am a 27 game season ticket holder, and I recieved an email giving me the oportunity to purchase ALDS tickets.

Do you get them on tuesday or some other day??

fox23
09-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Do you get them on tuesday or some other day??

Mine say Tuesday. (27 game plan)

Jerko
09-19-2008, 07:11 PM
I got my "last chance to register" email today, but don't remember getting anything before today (I have the weekend 27 game plan)

Meixner007
09-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Just got an email for the opportunity to purchase up to 2 at 10 am on Tuesday. I'm a 27 game holder.

chisoxfanatic
09-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Just got an email for the opportunity to purchase up to 2 at 10 am on Tuesday. I'm a 27 game holder.
Did you fill out that lottery application at Whitesox.com? I didn't get that email, and I'm a 27-gamer as well.

Meixner007
09-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Did you fill out that lottery application at Whitesox.com? I didn't get that email, and I'm a 27-gamer as well.

Yes, I did.

chisoxfanatic
09-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Yes, I did.
Then that's why you got the opportunity. It has nothing to do with your being a 27-game plan holder. They did the "drawing" today and said they'd contact you shortly if you were chosen. Apparently, you lucked out.

Jpgr91
09-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Then that's why you got the opportunity. It has nothing to do with your being a 27-game plan holder. They did the "drawing" today and said they'd contact you shortly if you were chosen. Apparently, you lucked out.

I am not so sure about that. The subject line on the email is Season Ticket Holder ALDS Pressale. And the text of the email is:

Dear XXXX,

As an existing account holder, you will have an opportunity to purchase 2008 individual ALDS game tickets, online only. This presale will take place Tuesday, September 23 from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CT

Maybe they did it based on how long you have had an "existing account" or something like that? Either way, I am not complaining.

0:00 a.m. CT:

chisoxfanatic
09-19-2008, 11:36 PM
I am not so sure about that. The subject line on the email is Season Ticket Holder ALDS Pressale. And the text of the email is:

Dear XXXX,

As an existing account holder, you will have an opportunity to purchase 2008 individual ALDS game tickets, online only. This presale will take place Tuesday, September 23 from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CT

Maybe they did it based on how long you have had an "existing account" or something like that? Either way, I am not complaining.

0:00 a.m. CT:
Oh, well, I was unaware of that. I'm a 27-gamer as well, and this is my 4th year of having an account with them and didn't get that email.

tags22
09-19-2008, 11:38 PM
The registration for the ALDS ticket opportunity ends tonight at 11:59pm. The drawing won't be for another day or two.

Jpgr91
09-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Oh, well, I was unaware of that. I'm a 27-gamer as well, and this is my 4th year of having an account with them and didn't get that email.

Thats not cool. I have had mine for 4 years as well. Maybe you should email your rep on Monday?

salty99
09-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Since you have until Tuesday, maybe all the e-mails haven't gone out yet???

Lundind1
09-20-2008, 12:18 AM
I have noticed that sometimes I get my emails late. I got this one around 5:40 PM or so today. I wouldn't worry, but if you don't have it by Monday morning, I'd give them a call. I really hope that we a crack at good seats, not crappy Sec. 554, Row 21!!!