PDA

View Full Version : Sox Clinch next Friday Night!

bouldersox
09-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Here's why ...
The Sox are going to take 3 of their next 4 games. If they win tonight, they'll take two from KC. If they lose - they'll sweep this weekend. It won't be any worse than that. Meanwhile, the Twins are going to take it on the chin 3 outta 4 from the Rays.

That gives the Sox a 4 and a half game lead at the end of this weekend. Both teams rest on Monday in advance of the big match-up in the Baggie.

There will be no sweep. The Twins will take 2 of 3. That's a 3 and a half game lead with 3 to play. If it weren't for the post-poned game during the Detroit series -- Sox would clinch in the Twinkie Dome. As it is, that half game factor will delay the celebration to next Friday night at home until either a.) Sox win at home against Cleveland, or b.) Twins lose hosting KC.

Buy your tickets at //chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/ticketing now!

Have I told you about Quentin coming back for the post season yet?

Mr.1Dog
09-18-2008, 01:19 PM
I already have tickets for it.:shrug:

Nellie_Fox
09-18-2008, 01:23 PM
If they win tonight, they'll take two from KC. If they lose - they'll sweep this weekend.The logic of this statement escapes me.

btrain929
09-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Don't leave us hanging.........what's going to happen in the playoffs?

CashMan
09-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Don't leave us hanging.........what's going to happen in the playoffs?

Sweep the 1st series
5 game second series with 4 CGs
sweep the WS

sox1970
09-18-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm going with both teams will go 4-4 the next eight, and I'll see them clinch on the 27th. :gulp:

downstairs
09-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Beat the Yanks tonight
2 of 3 against KC
1 of 3 against MIN

MIN 2 of 4 against rays

Magic number is 3 going into Cleveland. Its going to be a close one- I predicted this awhile back.

MIN 2 of 3 against KC
SOX 2 of 3 against CLE

We clinch on the final day of the season. Both the MIN and SOX games are on at the same time- so some nail-biting channel flipping is in order.

stevied23
09-18-2008, 01:51 PM
I want the Sox to clinch it on the 25th which is the finale of the Twins-Sox series. I'll be at that game and I wouldn't mind standing in front of 40,000 heart broken Twins' fans.

esbrechtel
09-18-2008, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't mind a clinch in the final game of the season because I will be there and then I could celebrate at the Pre-season blackhawks game I am going to that night :gulp:

whitesox901
09-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Here's why ...
The Sox are going to take 3 of their next 4 games. If they win tonight, they'll take two from KC. If they lose - they'll sweep this weekend. It won't be any worse than that. Meanwhile, the Twins are going to take it on the chin 3 outta 4 from the Rays.

That gives the Sox a 4 and a half game lead at the end of this weekend. Both teams rest on Monday in advance of the big match-up in the Baggie.

There will be no sweep. The Twins will take 2 of 3. That's a 3 and a half game lead with 3 to play. If it weren't for the post-poned game during the Detroit series -- Sox would clinch in the Twinkie Dome. As it is, that half game factor will delay the celebration to next Friday night at home until either a.) Sox win at home against Cleveland, or b.) Twins lose hosting KC.

Buy your tickets at //chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/ticketing now!

Have I told you about Quentin coming back for the post season yet?

For like 3 hours in school I was too prosecing this in my head! great minds think alike! :cool:

manders_01
09-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Beat the Yanks tonight
2 of 3 against KC
1 of 3 against MIN

MIN 2 of 4 against rays

Magic number is 3 going into Cleveland. Its going to be a close one- I predicted this awhile back.

MIN 2 of 3 against KC
SOX 2 of 3 against CLE

We clinch on the final day of the season. Both the MIN and SOX games are on at the same time- so some nail-biting channel flipping is in order.

And thank the Lord Da Bears play that night instead of day! :bandance:

Sockinchisox
09-18-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't care where or when they clinch I just want them to clinch.

Law11
09-18-2008, 02:19 PM
I just want a win tonight! beating Mussina wont be easy but would be a huge boost heading into KC. Especially if/when Minn loses tonight!

chisoxfanatic
09-18-2008, 02:24 PM
I'd like for them to clinch on Tuesday; but, anytime at the Baggie Dome would be fine for me. I want them clinching in the Baggie Dome.

Chez
09-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Sweep the 1st series
5 game second series with 4 CGs
sweep the WS

Then; minimum 8-peat, my friends.

JungleJimR
09-18-2008, 02:39 PM
beating Mussina wont be easy

He has aged into a very crafty and focused pitcher, with his curve still dropping off the table and a stealth-like 89 mile fast ball. And he changes speeds on every pitch.

CashMan
09-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Then; minimum 8-peat, my friends.

WS game 4: WhiteSox 22 1/2 Cubs -3

turners56
09-18-2008, 02:55 PM
We still have to win games people, it's not going to be a breather. I wouldn't bank on sweeping KC either, they've been playing better as of late.

Law11
09-18-2008, 02:56 PM
And he changes speeds on every pitch.

Lets hope we guess right then..:D:

btrain929
09-18-2008, 02:58 PM
For like 3 hours in school I was too prosecing this in my head! great minds think alike! :cool:

What school do you go to, again? :D:

Lundind1
09-18-2008, 03:36 PM
I like this trend here with the Sox winning the division at home. I said it in another post this week that we need to be able to celebrate at home for once. In 05 it was nodda, and that was a run to remember.

We still have a tough stretch coming up and it would be nice to see more progress with the team as a whole: pitching, base running, defense.

Is that too much to ask for???

thomas35forever
09-18-2008, 03:40 PM
I hope it's not Friday. I'm calling a high school football game on the radio that night. Clinching it in the Dome would be fine with me.

turners56
09-18-2008, 03:45 PM
I hope it's not Friday. I'm calling a high school football game on the radio that night. Clinching it in the Dome would be fine with me.

We got swept in the ALDS the last time we clinched in that dump. Do it at home. The Sox didn't win anything at home in 2005, I'd like to see a nice celebration at our own park this time with some fans in the stands.

Lundind1
09-18-2008, 04:00 PM
I am debating about making a run to Minnesnowta to see this though. I just don't want to pass up a chance to see it happen. C'mon, do it at home Friday night.

JB98
09-18-2008, 05:45 PM
I have tickets for both the 27th and the 28th. Still, I'd love for the Sox to clinch before then.

I don't care whether they clinch with me in attendance or not. Just as long as they do clinch.

hawkjt
09-18-2008, 05:57 PM
As PK said yesterday, you have to assume the twins will win the next four games in Tampa and be ready to try to deal with a hot twins team in the dome for the title.

Hubris..anyone...lets just win a game.

JermaineDye05
09-18-2008, 06:03 PM
since I believe in jinx, I don't like to make bold predictions like this. Hopefully you're right. I'd love to witness the Sox clinch another AL Central title.

DumpJerry
09-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Here's why ...
You do realize the Royals own a seven game winning streak right now? Their next game is against us. At their home.

You do realize we face Mussina tonight?

Just askin'....

wsgdf
09-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Beat the Yanks tonight
2 of 3 against KC
1 of 3 against MIN

MIN 2 of 4 against rays

MIN 2 of 3 against KC
SOX 2 of 3 against CLE

If your scenario played out... our Magic Number would be 2 going into Friday's home game against Cleveland.

It's 9 now. Subtract 4 for the Ws you gave us and subtract 3 for the Ls you gave Minnesota. Personally I think the Rays take 3-4, our Magic Number is 1 coming home and we clinch Friday night!

:bandance:

Law11
09-18-2008, 07:45 PM
You do realize the Royals own a seven game winning streak right now? Their next game is against us. At their home.

You do realize we face Mussina tonight?

Just askin'....

Thank You. But be careful.. if you say we might lose in KC you'll hear about it.

Princess Dye
09-18-2008, 07:55 PM
http://sixminutes.dlugan.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/magic-8-ball.gif

captainclutch24
09-18-2008, 08:11 PM
How about they win one game before we start saying how many they are gonna win, as they couldn't beat a tball team right now

Rdy2PlayBall
09-18-2008, 08:17 PM
How about they win one game before we start saying how many they are gonna win, as they couldn't beat a tball team right nowYou are not allowed to be happy until the Sox are in the playoffs. You can't say a single word of possitivness until then. If you are going to say you didn't think the Sox could put this away before the final make up game, then you would be lieing. This place is full of negative thinkers and some of you guys really have to stop changing your mood depending on a loss or win. Accept the loss, did you think the AL East 3rd place team is as bad as the AL Central 3rd place team? Please. :scratch:

Law11
09-18-2008, 08:27 PM
You are not allowed to be happy until the Sox are in the playoffs. You can't say a single word of possitivness until then. If you are going to say you didn't think the Sox could put this away before the final make up game, then you would be lieing. This place is full of negative thinkers and some of you guys really have to stop changing your mood depending on a loss or win. Accept the loss, did you think the AL East 3rd place team is as bad as the AL Central 3rd place team? Please. :scratch:

rdy you are missing our point. Its not being negative but trying to qwell this clinch stuff.. Lets win a game and then another then we can look towards the playoffs. When you win 3 of your last 10 its hard to remain real positive.
I know its fun to make predictions but lets focus on KC now and let what happens happen.

We wouldnt be on here if we didnt live and die with this club.

chisoxmike
09-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Just get it done.

Nellie_Fox
09-18-2008, 11:46 PM
...they couldn't beat a tball team right now:whatever: