PDA

View Full Version : So what's up with Wasserman?

roylestillman
09-15-2008, 10:03 PM
I sit right behind the Sox bullpen and have noticed that since Wasserman came back up nobody talks to the guy. He usually sits by himself and the rest of the pen, including the coaches seem to go out of their way to avoid him. Before they called the game Friday night, he was sitting by himself out in the rain.

Is this just a game routine or superstition or is he just disliked for some reason?

DumpJerry
09-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Others have noticed it, too.

I saw him at the last WCSF luncheon and he seemed like a nice guy. Quiet, but nice.

hawkjt
09-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Maybe he is getting the silent treatment til he has a clean outing.
That would make him one lonely dude.
That walk tonite had to have ozzie doing flip flops inside.
0-2 count and he throws 4 straight balls. Scared to throw a strike,clearly.

Jpgr91
09-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Its probably becasue he is not very good at the game of baseball.

Noneck
09-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Maybe he cleaned his flooded basement and he didn't shower after.

oeo
09-16-2008, 07:36 PM
I sit right behind the Sox bullpen and have noticed that since Wasserman came back up nobody talks to the guy. He usually sits by himself and the rest of the pen, including the coaches seem to go out of their way to avoid him. Before they called the game Friday night, he was sitting by himself out in the rain.

Is this just a game routine or superstition or is he just disliked for some reason?

Maybe he's just quiet. :shrug:

CashMan
09-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Its probably becasue he is not very good at the game of baseball.

Didn't a lot of people praise him in the off season, and say he was going to be this GREAT Roogy?

WhiteSox5187
09-16-2008, 11:18 PM
I hope he isn't a jerk, I'm sure he's feeling pretty low now too...I really like Wasserman and hope he turns it around

ajismyhero
09-16-2008, 11:19 PM
My boyfriend was at the game tonight and got there early for batting practice, he called me afterwards and said that Wasserman was standing by himself for like 45 minutes until Adam Russell came over and tallked to him - so it's definitely something that people have noticed....

Side note, he also said that Clayton Richard and Broadway were pretending to throw balls to Yankee fans and then not throwing them. And that Buehrle and Swish were whipping balls at Anderson - poor guy, the constant whipping boy.

soxinem1
09-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Maybe he has too much gas.

He has sure thrown a lot of it on fires.

ajismyhero
09-16-2008, 11:21 PM
According to wikipedia, Wasserman sold knives before getting the call for minors.....

soxinem1
09-16-2008, 11:22 PM
According to wikipedia, Wasserman sold knives before getting the call for minors.....

Good to hear that he is cut out for something else besides pitching......

Domeshot17
09-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Probably just a shy/goofy/weird/quiet dude

Lundind1
09-17-2008, 10:33 AM
It takes a guy a while to get to know people. He may just be uncomfortable with these guys right now, plus you don't really know what goes on behind closed doors.

tacosalbarojas
09-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I'll take assumptions for 400, Alex.

Optipessimism
09-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, I'd rather hear about Wassermann hanging out with no one than hear about him taking advice from the likes of Boone Logan, Mike MacDougal, Adam Russell, Clayton Richard, or Lance Broadway.

Maybe he's just shy, or maybe he doesn't feel part of the team given his struggles this season. Perhaps it's both.

Either way I still have hope for the guy. I think he's going to get it straightened out and have a nice career for himself, if not this year then next year.