PDA

View Full Version : What is Ozzie Doing?

shingo10
09-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Does he know this isn't spring training?

Under no circumstances should Ehren Wasserman be pitching in a tie ball game in a pennant race in September.

Mercy.

Brian26
09-15-2008, 09:48 PM
He's resting Buehrle and Danks for the imaginary playoffs we might be playing in next month after we keep giving games away.

gf2020
09-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Great Clubhouse post.

WhiteSox5187
09-15-2008, 09:49 PM
There's not any good options for the White Sox bullpen. I'd rather see Shingo trot out there rather than anyone else we have.

Pear-Zin-Ski
09-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Its a very sad day when Mike MacDougal gets it done out of anyone in the bullpen....

Thank the lord the Twins are losing....

thomas35forever
09-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Bad bullpen management once again. Does Ozzie not know Wassermann's line? He should not be pitching in a tie ballgame at Yankee Stadium during a pennant race. Period. All I can say is I knew that inning was the key one.

chisoxmike
09-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Ramirez = Garbage
MacDougal = Garbage
Wasserman = Garbage
Logan = Garbage
Russell = Garbage
Dotel = Been garbage the last few weeks

We got problems, folks.

Athrun
09-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Who else is he supposed to put out there? They all suck. Macdougal is the best one we have right now.

guillensdisciple
09-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Who else is he supposed to put out there? They all suck. Macdougal is the best one we have right now.

Which is extremely sad.

sox230
09-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Then put in MacDougal!!!! I said that when they put in ehren. Even if macdougal sucks hes a veteran......and why no thornten? the game was on the line....i dont care if u pitch 2 innings yesterday....its september

Rockabilly
09-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Right now we really one got 2 people in the bullpen that I can trust

Jenks and Thornton

Hopefully Linebrink can stay healthy

WhiteSox5187
09-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Then put in MacDougal!!!! I said that when they put in ehren. Even if macdougal sucks hes a veteran......and why no thornten? the game was on the line....i dont care if u pitch 2 innings yesterday....its september
You can't keep throwing your best guys out there day after day, even if it's September it's a long season and they need rest. Sometimes you lose a battle and win the war, Thronton wasn't available today because he pitched in both games yesterday. MacDougal is far from ideal but so is Wassermann, the fact is there is no one we can go to right now.

oeo
09-15-2008, 10:11 PM
He's resting Buehrle and Danks for the imaginary playoffs we might be playing in next month after we keep giving games away.

If you haven't noticed, Danks has shown signs of fatigue over the past month.

Last night's blow up is what forced Ozzie to use the bottom half of the bullpen.

oeo
09-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Right now we really one got 2 people in the bullpen that I can trust

Jenks and Thornton

Hopefully Linebrink can stay healthy

We cannot count on Linebrink. He may be healthy, but a)he's throwing only fastballs, b)he has almost no command of them, and c)they're topping out at 91. Someone else needs to step up, Linebrink is not dependable.

Lip Man 1
09-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Well hasn't Danks pitched very well his last two times out?

If he's tired he hasn't shown it the past ten days.

Lip

oeo
09-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Well hasn't Danks pitched very well his last two times out?

If he's tired he hasn't shown it the past ten days.

Lip

He's never thrown this many innings before. If you want him throwing 130 pitches a game, good luck getting anything from him next year.

As for Buehrle...I don't know why he was taken out. Danks getting pulled yesterday was the right move. They were up 7-0...there was no reason to waste his arm.

BainesHOF
09-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Logan and Wasserman have no business pitching again this season in a game that's still winnable. Of course, the same held true two games ago.

johnnyg83
09-15-2008, 11:30 PM
If you haven't noticed, Danks has shown signs of fatigue over the past month.

Last night's blow up is what forced Ozzie to use the bottom half of the bullpen.

WHo's blow up? Danks? He pitched better than form.

FoulTerritory
09-15-2008, 11:37 PM

He's supposed to leave Mark Buerhle in the game for the 7th.

FoulTerritory
09-15-2008, 11:39 PM
He's never thrown this many innings before. If you want him throwing 130 pitches a game, good luck getting anything from him next year.

As for Buehrle...I don't know why he was taken out. Danks getting pulled yesterday was the right move. They were up 7-0...there was no reason to waste his arm.

That is exactly right. Its all context. The odds of a comeback yesterday were remote, despite the fact that it happened. But to remove Mark while he's pitching well in a tie game at yankee stadium, in the heat of a pennant race, after only 6 innings? Wow.

TheOldRoman
09-16-2008, 12:24 AM
That is exactly right. Its all context. The odds of a comeback yesterday were remote, despite the fact that it happened. But to remove Mark while he's pitching well in a tie game at yankee stadium, in the heat of a pennant race, after only 6 innings? Wow.I don't understand why people are confused. Buehrle had thrown 101 pitches already, and will be going on 3 days rest in his next start. Mark didn't do a good enough job. We needed him to go deep into the game, but he couldn't since he wasted so many pitches earlier (taking a page out of the Danks and Javy handbook).

jabrch
09-16-2008, 12:31 AM
I should have known better than to come here after a loss.

It just rains stupid.

ViPeRx007
09-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Jenks should just be a one-man bullpen. Heck with everybody else.

Sadly enough this is probably a semi-teal statement....

SBSoxFan
09-16-2008, 01:18 AM
Its a very sad day when Mike MacDougal gets it done out of anyone in the bullpen....

Thank the lord the Twins are losing....

Ramirez = Garbage
MacDougal = Garbage
Wasserman = Garbage
Logan = Garbage
Russell = Garbage

We got problems, folks.

I think we need to get over this MacDougal sucks thing. He's been pretty effective this year. It's not like anyone has ever been sent back down to AAA and then figured things out. Considering what we've seen lately, I'd like to see him in more games.

EuroSox35
09-16-2008, 01:27 AM
This lead should be at least 5 games now, today's game was just thrown away. I'm starting to run out of fingers for as many times that's happened this year. Wasserman is the first reliever you go to in a tie game, unbelievable.

And yes, I'd rather have Buehrle start the next inning as well, he was doing fine. For all you know, it could've been an extra 5 pitches. We have this game to worry about, the next game calls later (and again, for all we know, that could end up being some type of blow out where you don't need him as badly). If this is what we'll be subjected too, then I'd much rather have a crappy 5th starter over this

Lukin13
09-16-2008, 03:40 AM
I think Ozzie made the correct move yanking Mark. Three righties coming up in the 7th and contrary to what Hawk was saying, the Yankees were hitting Buehrle hard all over the field.

doublem23
09-16-2008, 04:24 AM
Ramirez = Garbage
MacDougal = Garbage
Wasserman = Garbage
Logan = Garbage
Russell = Garbage

We got problems, folks.

1st place problems.

oeo
09-16-2008, 08:12 AM
WHo's blow up?

Probably the guys that gave up 7 runs in two innings...

oeo
09-16-2008, 08:14 AM
I don't understand why people are confused. Buehrle had thrown 101 pitches already, and will be going on 3 days rest in his next start. Mark didn't do a good enough job. We needed him to go deep into the game, but he couldn't since he wasted so many pitches earlier (taking a page out of the Danks and Javy handbook).

Well, if the talk of Broadway starting this week is true, Buehrle will not be starting on short rest.

I think as the current situation stands (13 games to go, bad bullpen, bad offense), you keep the starting pitcher in there as long as you possibly can. They need to be more efficient, but if they're not, and they have to throw upwards to 120 pitches (excluding Danks, IMO), then so be it. Buehrle and Javy can handle it for sure, and Floyd hasn't shown any signs of letting up.

We need these guys pitching 7 innings minimum from here on out. The only exception would be a blow out like Sunday, where we can give the arm a little break.

WhiteSoxBlog
09-16-2008, 08:38 AM
I think Wassermann's performance yesterday is being blown out of proportion. Yeah, he walked that first guy, but he was probably more likely to retire the next guys than H.Ramirez. :scratch: Why hasn't anyone said anything about him and about his utter inability to keep inherited runners (or his own runners for that matter) from scoring? Remember, there were 2 runs that inning.

Law11
09-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Exactly..
Did you not watch the game sunday night. He used up guys in his pen he didnt think he would have to being up 7-0... He had no choice but to work the back end of the pen with wasserman and ramirez...

When you dont have the horses whattya expect ozzie to do?
:threadsucks

btrain929
09-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Does he know this isn't spring training?

Under no circumstances should Ehren Wasserman be pitching in a tie ball game in a pennant race in September.

Mercy.

Apparently according to everyone on here, Carrasco should pitch everything 7th, Thornton every 8th, and Jenks every 9th inning the rest of the year. Nobody wants to see Wassermann, Ramirez, Logan, Dotel, or Broadway. Linebrink is "still hurt" according to people, so they don't wanna see him either.

This isn't possible. Like it or not, you're going to see these guys in important situations because, bottom line, we have nobody else. When Carrasco is your 2nd best reliever not named Jenks, you should not be surprised by any of this.

asindc
09-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Apparently according to everyone on here, Carrasco should pitch everything 7th, Thornton every 8th, and Jenks every 9th inning the rest of the year. Nobody wants to see Wassermann, Ramirez, Logan, Dotel, or Broadway. Linebrink is "still hurt" according to people, so they don't wanna see him either.

This isn't possible. Like it or not, you're going to see these guys in important situations because, bottom line, we have nobody else. When Carrasco is your 2nd best reliever not named Jenks, you should not be surprised by any of this.

There you go, using logic where it's not wanted.

asindc
09-16-2008, 09:35 AM
I should have known better than to come here after a loss.

It just rains stupid.

My sentiments exactly. If it was up to some people, we would carry only 7 pitchers.

btrain929
09-16-2008, 09:37 AM
I don't understand why people are confused. Buehrle had thrown 101 pitches already, and will be going on 3 days rest in his next start. Mark didn't do a good enough job. We needed him to go deep into the game, but he couldn't since he wasted so many pitches earlier (taking a page out of the Danks and Javy handbook).

I'd rather have him waste pitches and only give up 2 runs then have the other team mashing 1st pitch meatballs and him giving up 6 runs in 75 pitches.

oeo
09-16-2008, 09:44 AM
I'd rather have him waste pitches and only give up 2 runs then have the other team mashing 1st pitch meatballs and him giving up 6 runs in 75 pitches.

I'll give Mark the benefit of the doubt last night, because he was facing the Yankees and their minuscule strike zone. I hate, hate, hate facing the Yankees and Red Sox because of their bull****, unfair strike zones. How easy it must be to not have to swing at anything unless it's over the meat of the plate.

And it's not even a 'superstar' strike zone. If that's the case, then why the hell is Brett ****ing Gardner getting the same thing? Even in the past, when it appears the Yankees actually have a real strike zone, suddenly you see Mr. Whineypants Derek Jeter having a little chat with the umpire...and the damn zone changes. It happened a week ago when the Yankees were in Tampa Bay.

champagne030
09-16-2008, 11:49 AM
There you go, using logic where it's not wanted.

Logic?

Wasserman has pitched in 3 games during the last week. There's no ****ing excuse for making that move. He is, by far, the worst pitcher on the staff. And that's saying a lot. He shouldn't be pitching unless every other relief pitcher has already been used and Ozzie's next option is to bring in a starter during an extra inning game.

kevingrt
09-16-2008, 11:51 AM

Well Buehrle was at 106 or so pitches. And he needs is going to be pitching on short rest soon so you kinda need to rest him.

Steelrod
09-16-2008, 12:24 PM
If all bullpen options are no good, so are our playoff chances. Developing some options is his and our only option!

Lundind1
09-16-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm still building upon the disaster of last year. Some more moves need to be made for the off-season. I'm sorry, I am one of the most optimistic of all people I know, I just don't see this team having the 'Pen to get this done, post-season wise. The thing that would make me feel good is if we were able to finish the season out winning 8 of the last games.

I need to get to the post season first, then worry about who is going to do what. These last games will determine who gets on the playoff roster (if necessary), and if things don't work out, who will have a team to play for next year.

As Ozzie preaches, one game at a time.

JermaineDye05
09-16-2008, 01:19 PM
I think the only reason Ozzie used Wasserman and MacDougal was because the bullpen was simply spent after the second game against the Tigers sunday night.

Chicken Dinner
09-16-2008, 01:37 PM
I think the only reason Ozzie used Wasserman and MacDougal was because the bullpen was simply spent after the second game against the Tigers sunday night.

The bullpen spent themselves that game!

The Milkman
09-16-2008, 01:50 PM
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Mike MacDougal is our best option out of the pen right now aside from Bobby (his recent outings are not indicative of his caliber if brought in during a true save sitch)

Nellie_Fox
09-16-2008, 03:05 PM
...during a true save sitch)Huh? :scratch: :?:

shingo10
09-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Well at this point as long as we have a few "good horses" to go to, we better use them. There should be no screwing around ESPECIALLY during a tie ballgame. There were plenty of options besides Wasserman.

That being said, it's over and time to move on. Gavin and the Sox need to find anyway to come out with a W tonight.

canOcorn
09-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Well at this point as long as we have a few "good horses" to go to, we better use them. There should be no screwing around ESPECIALLY during a tie ballgame. There were plenty of options besides Wasserman.

That being said, it's over and time to move on. Gavin and the Sox need to find anyway to come out with a W tonight.

Don't we have any better horses than Jerry ****ing Owens? Yes we do, but since Ozzie has decided to tinker more than you know who, he's hurting our chances of making the playoffs.