PDA

View Full Version : Maggs Good news

Soxboyrob
05-15-2002, 02:09 PM
The Score just noted that Maggs underwent a battery of tests today and all of them came back negative. They went on to add that his injury status will be "day to day."

Strangely, they said he's suffering from abdominal pain. I thought it was back pain. Wonder if they made a mistake or if it had originally been incorrectly reported.

Viva Magglio
05-15-2002, 02:10 PM
According to Dave Kerner's lastest update on the Score, Mágglio Ordóńez is listed as day-to-day following the battery of tests last night. It was reported that Maggs felt abdominal pain last night which prompted the trip to the hospital. All tests came back negative (or no findings of any abnormality). There is no indication if Maggs will be in the lineup tonight.

Soxboyrob
05-15-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
It was reported that Maggs felt abdominal pain last night which prompted the trip to the hospital. All tests came back negative (or no findings of any abnormality).

Abdominal pain. Strange.
Maybe he needs to pay a visit to el bano to alleviate the pain.

Viva Magglio
05-15-2002, 02:13 PM
Kidney stones? I guess not because of the negative tests, but I think abdominal pain is a symptom of that. Even though I am not a doctor and don't play one on TV.

Soxboyrob
05-15-2002, 02:14 PM
Kidney stones? I guess not because of the negative tests, but I think abdominal pain is a symptom of that.

Kidney stones can give you back pain and abdominal pain. You may have just made the diagnosis of the day.

Randar68
05-15-2002, 02:22 PM
Kidney stones? I guess not because of the negative tests, but I think abdominal pain is a symptom of that. Even though I am not a doctor and don't play one on TV.

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

duke of dorwood
05-15-2002, 02:25 PM
Damn it Jim, I'm a regular, not a doctor.

MarqSox
05-15-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob

Kidney stones can give you back pain and abdominal pain. You may have just made the diagnosis of the day.

ESPN 1000 (the White Sox flagship, I'll trust them over the Score any day) has been reporting that Maggs was complaining of pain in his back near his kidneys. Stones would make sense.

Randar68
05-15-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

ESPN 1000 (the White Sox flagship, I'll trust them over the Score any day) has been reporting that Maggs was complaining of pain in his back near his kidneys. Stones would make sense.

He's pretty young to be having Kidney Stones, but anything is possible.

DrCrawdad
05-15-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

If it's stones, then hand them over to Garland.

Oh, I am DrCrawdad.

OfficerKarkovice
05-15-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

If it's stones, then hand them over to Garland.

Oh, I am DrCrawdad.

LMAO :smile:

34 Inch Stick
05-15-2002, 03:20 PM
Or he's pregnant

Iwritecode
05-15-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
He's pretty young to be having Kidney Stones, but anything is possible.

My wife is only 24 and has had kidney stones 2 or 3 times in her life already. That's sounds like what the problem could be. If that's the case then as soon as he passes them (easier said than done) he will be ok. Not this out for 8 weeks rumor we were hearing...

Lip Man 1
05-15-2002, 05:23 PM
The first thing my wife thought of last night when we were talking about Magglio was "appendix" (sorry if I didn't spell that correctly...)

That can cause pain in the abdoman and back and unfortunately it comes and goes until it reaches the critical stage and has to be removed.

Reminds me of the late 50's (57?) when the Sox were in first place in June and their top pitcher Dick Donovan who was like 13-4 with an ERA of 2.50 had an attack. They removed his appendix at Mercy Hospital. He didn't get back until August and was ineffective the rest of the year.

ilovemags30
05-15-2002, 05:56 PM
when i was at the game last nite a sercruity guard i know came up and told me that they just rushed mags to the emergency room cuz his appendix ruptured.. and i was like "ur joking me!!?" and he said that he wasnt lying -that he wouldent make some thing like that up. i dont know if he was or not cuz if it was something serious like that it would be all over the news-i mean cmon it has to be mentioned in the news if that happened. and i talked to waving wally and when i askeed if it was true.. he just shook his head yes.. so i dont know if he was nodding to the hospital part or the appendix part >>shrug<<
:whiner:

Cheryl
05-15-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
The first thing my wife thought of last night when we were talking about Magglio was &quot;appendix&quot; (sorry if I didn't spell that correctly...)

That can cause pain in the abdoman and back and unfortunately it comes and goes until it reaches the critical stage and has to be removed.

Reminds me of the late 50's (57?) when the Sox were in first place in June and their top pitcher Dick Donovan who was like 13-4 with an ERA of 2.50 had an attack. They removed his appendix at Mercy Hospital. He didn't get back until August and was ineffective the rest of the year.

If it is his appendix they can get him back a lot faster than that now.

I just hope it's none of these things. They're all pretty awful to have to deal with.

FanOf14
05-15-2002, 06:27 PM
If it is his appendix, I hope the doctors find it in time. My god-daughter's uncle's dad just died from an infected appendix that went undiagnosed and eventually burst.

Viva Magglio
05-15-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
If it is his appendix, I hope the doctors find it in time. My god-daughter's uncle's dad just died from an infected appendix that went undiagnosed and eventually burst.

He was checked for that and kidney stones, and Mágglio does not have appendicitis nor kidney stones. He got a "clean bill of health."