PDA

View Full Version : We can eliminate the Yankees!

doublem23
09-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Don't know if anyone has noticed, but the Yankees' E# sits at 5 for both the Wild Card and AL East. It would take a good series by the Sox and a lot of help, but we could do it!

:moonwalk:

I want Mags back
09-15-2008, 10:28 AM
that would be pretty neat historically to eliminate them at the Stadium in their final year there

hawkjt
09-15-2008, 10:34 AM
I wish they were already eliminated. They will fight like crazy to stay alive.
This is gonna be scary. Hope it is not Bluejays redux. Mussina,Petitt are too tough to handle and this rookie tonite has been lites out in his one start.
Sox need to hope for a split..and hope that Cliff Lee gets a game from the twins...leaving the sox 1 up going to KC..hoping that the Rays can take the twins down in tampa.
I am praying for a 2 game lead in the loss column going into the dome...get one and then the sox would have their fate in their own hands..just beat Cliff Lee in that last game..:(:

Gavin
09-15-2008, 10:36 AM
But Derek Jeter was in the postseason commercial!

Does Bud Selig have a lever he can pull to fix this catastrophe?

kitekrazy
09-15-2008, 11:23 AM
hoping that the Rays can take the twins down in tampa.

A sweep would be nice. The Rays are in a must win situation for their division. It's not impossible for the wild card team to still come out of the Central.

kitekrazy
09-15-2008, 11:25 AM
.and hope that Cliff Lee gets a game from the twins...

Lee is suppose to go Wed.

D. TODD
09-15-2008, 11:27 AM
I just want to see the Twins get eliminated at this point. The Yanks are just another team on the outside looking in.

EuroSox35
09-15-2008, 12:40 PM
The writings been on the wall for them for a while, I don't see them playing out of the ordinary. It's all matchups. E.g., tonight, I don't really like our side of things, since we face the September call up we've never seen who has shut down the Angels and Rays on the road. We're throwing Buehrle out there, who we know is Jekyll/Hyde on the road this year

scarsofthumper
09-15-2008, 12:41 PM
They have the World Series shirts made up though!!!

DumpJerry
09-15-2008, 02:16 PM
When I saw the thread title, I thought it meant from MLB all together......:redneck

chaerulez
09-15-2008, 03:48 PM
A sweep would be nice. The Rays are in a must win situation for their division. It's not impossible for the wild card team to still come out of the Central.

Not impossible, but highly unlikely. The Sox as the Central leaders are I think 4.5 games back from the Rays and 3.5 back from the Red Sox, and with 14 or so games left there isn't much time left.

Law11
09-15-2008, 03:58 PM
tonights game is key ( i guess thats a dumb comment given 13 games left) but another guy we've never seen who has thrown 12 innings vs Tampa and LAA and given up 2 runs..

Gotta get this one..

turners56
09-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Taking 3 out of the 4 from the Yankees and 2 Rays wins will do the trick.

Chicken Dinner
09-15-2008, 04:17 PM
In the last 4 games our bullpen has given up 15 runs in 7 2/3. That just isn't going to cut it in NY.

soxwon
09-15-2008, 04:23 PM
A mighty feelin we win 3 of 4 in style startin with a big early lead tonight.

turners56
09-15-2008, 04:24 PM
In the last 4 games our bullpen has given up 15 runs in 7 2/3. That just isn't going to cut it in NY.

In the past 4 games, our starters have also pitched a combined 28.2 innings while giving up 5 earned runs in the process. 4 of those runs weren't even given up by our starters. Yes, the bullpen is an issue. But if our starters continue to pitch well, it might be a moot point.

Half the reason why our bullpen gave up that many runs is because Ozzie fooled around yesterday and let the AAA pitching staff take over against Toronto. Jenks has been tossed into two non-save situations and didn't look very sharp - that was kind of expected. If I'm Ozzie, I wouldn't let Wasserman and Logan see the mound ever again this year unless we're up by 10. Dotel should be removed from his 8th inning role for good. Let Linebrink see if he can get back into form. He is regaining his control. Thornton has been good lately and MacDougal is a better option than Dotel at this point. Ozzie has a lot of pieces to play with, it's just too bad that he keeps on using guys like Wasserman and Logan.

Law11
09-15-2008, 04:31 PM
and MacDougal is a better option than Dotel at this point.

This is scary but true at this point. Basically how do you want to get burned - the walk or the long ball.
Pick your poison and hope for the best.

turners56
09-15-2008, 04:34 PM
This is scary but true at this point. Basically how do you want to get burned - the walk or the long ball.
Pick your poison and hope for the best.

Octavio either strikes you out, walks you, or gives up a home run. It's becoming too predictable now.

Law11
09-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Octavio either strikes you out, walks you, or gives up a home run. It's becoming too predictable now.

Thats kind of everything a pitcher CAN do but I get your point.
Hes either spot on blowing people away (not of late however) or leaving pitches up and getting rocked.

McDougal is my point of pick your poison. neither guy relaxes you when they enter.