PDA

View Full Version : Parque's Value?

Clarkdog
05-15-2002, 02:50 PM
I was just wondering what this board thinks of Parque's future value to the Sox.

There is no way he'll pitch in the bigs in 2002 for the Sox. But could he for someone else? What can you get in return? Is Parque done, and that's it? Or since his perceived value is so low, do you hang on to him and let him rehab the entire 2002 season and hope he has value next year either to the team or in trade?

IMO, I'd think the Sox would to see how they could package him now given the pennant drive, but he's damaged goods and isn't worth much.

doublem23
05-15-2002, 02:52 PM
The only value Parque has to anyone is that he can throw with his left hand, but that may not be enough to save the fact that he sucks.

Randar68
05-15-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog
I was just wondering what this board thinks of Parque's future value to the Sox.

There is no way he'll pitch in the bigs in 2002 for the Sox. But could he for someone else? What can you get in return? Is Parque done, and that's it? Or since his perceived value is so low, do you hang on to him and let him rehab the entire 2002 season and hope he has value next year either to the team or in trade?

IMO, I'd think the Sox would to see how they could package him now given the pennant drive, but he's damaged goods and isn't worth much.

Hold onto him all year. If he gets his velocity back by next year, he could have value to us but could also be a valuable part of a trade if he shows his old form

duke of dorwood
05-15-2002, 03:07 PM
Right now he's worth an old Mark Salas jersey

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-15-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Right now he's worth an old Mark Salas jersey

yeah right, KW could never pull off a deal that swift.

bjmarte
05-15-2002, 04:55 PM
I think the title of this thread is the last place those two words will be used together without the words 'little' or 'no' for quite some time.