PDA

View Full Version : Chris Rongey Interview

Lip Man 1
09-14-2008, 11:19 PM
He’s passionate about the game. He’s knowledgeable about the game and he’s willing to talk about it with anyone.

Chris Rongey has been the pre game and post game host on the White Sox radio network for almost three years now.

In that time he’s seen the up’s and down’s, on and off the field, with the club and he’s had his fair share of exchanges with a fan base that is as passionate and knowledgeable about the White Sox as he is.

Chris is the latest person to consent to an in depth interview with White Sox Interactive and here is the link to it:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=11&id=3703

Chris takes the time to talk about his upbringing in Central Illinois, how he became a fan of the White Sox, and his broadcasting career, including some funny moments along the way from Granite City to Chicago.

He also talks about his show and his role in it, the philosophy behind it, the work that goes into it and finally some tantalizing tidbits on what the off season may hold for the White Sox, win or lose in 2008.

I hope you’ll enjoy reading it.

Lip

WhiteSox5187
09-14-2008, 11:27 PM
I coulda swore that Rongey was doing post game in 2005, but obviously he was not. Who was doing it then? Willis was gone by then, wasn't he?

cards press box
09-14-2008, 11:28 PM
I coulda swore that Rongey was doing post game in 2005, but obviously he was not. Who was doing it then? Willis was gone by then, wasn't he?

Bryan Dolgin.

CHISOXFAN13
09-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Great job, Lip. Chris is a good friend of mine, and he and I certianly have had our exchanges during games in the last three years.

DSpivack
09-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the interview, Lip.

Did he say how he stays sane with a bunch of irate, passionate callers?

Lip Man 1
09-14-2008, 11:37 PM
It's funny and I told this to Chris, I've tried many times to call into his show but the damn phone lines are always busy! (LOL).

I've never had the chance to exchange views with him.

Lip

BainesHOF
09-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Very good interview, as usual.

As I've said before, my problem with Ranger is not when he goes off on drunk or stupid callers. It's when he treats callers who may make a good critical point as if they're drunk or stupid. And sometimes Ranger says some pretty wacky things when he tries to talk about the game beyond stats and his usual reporting.

That said, Ranger has improved over the course of this season. I think he's at his best on White Sox Weekly and on the pre-game show. And he does have a good voice for radio.

The Immigrant
09-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Excellent job, Lip - much appreciated.

MrRoboto83
09-15-2008, 12:44 PM
i enjoyed the interview Lip. BTW how old is Chris Rongey?

KenBerryGrab
09-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Long live the Ranger.

asindc
09-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the interview, Lip.

Did he say how he stays sane with a bunch of irate, passionate callers?

I was in Chicago during Labor Day weekend, and I had the opportunity to listen to the postgame show a couple of times. Some of those callers make the dark clouds and pants pissers here on WSI sound like pollyannas! Rongey should be commended for his patience, if anything.

Lip Man 1
09-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Roboto:

He's 31.

Lip