View Full Version : Sunday's Winning Pick to Click Part 2

Daver
09-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Did his job.

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_276547.jpg

The Tiggers bullpen sucks.

chisoxfanatic
09-14-2008, 11:29 PM
I don't think anyone could've guessed him. :P What a clutch performance.

FielderJones
09-15-2008, 12:33 AM
What happened to "Won the damn game." ?

nsdjoe
09-15-2008, 12:48 AM
honorable mention to danks? He looked good.

DumpJerry
09-15-2008, 12:57 AM
When Farnsworth came in, I started high-fiving the people sitting around me. He always gives 3-4 runs before settling down with us.

Wise's Slam was phenomenal!

chisoxfanatic
09-15-2008, 01:08 AM
When Farnsworth came in, I started high-fiving the people sitting around me. He always gives 3-4 runs before settling down with us.

Wise's Slam was phenomenal!
Did you go to both games today?

California Sox
09-15-2008, 01:23 AM
The Tiggers bullpen sucks.

Those living in manure houses shouldn't throw cow chips. Our pen gave up 9 runs in four and a third in the doubleheader.

DumpJerry
09-15-2008, 01:26 AM
Did you go to both games today?
Yes I was there for both. There were about 300 of us at Game One until late in the game when people started arriving for the "real" game. It was like a Spring Training game, we could hear the sounds on the field very clearly and Maggs was actually responding to the fans chanting at him in RF. BTW, they were chanting "Mags sucks! Mags sucks!" over and over. He turned around and gave them a "what can I do about it?" shrug. Pretty funny.

chisoxfanatic
09-15-2008, 01:33 AM
Yes I was there for both. There were about 300 of us at Game One until late in the game when people started arriving for the "real" game. It was like a Spring Training game, we could hear the sounds on the field very clearly and Maggs was actually responding to the fans chanting at him in RF. BTW, they were chanting "Mags sucks! Mags sucks!" over and over. He turned around and gave them a "what can I do about it?" shrug. Pretty funny.
Haha, that's pretty funny, actually! It didn't sound like there were too many Tiger fans there; but, the first game appeared from TV to look like one of those early April games in 1997. The concession and bathroom lines must've been wonderful.

DumpJerry
09-15-2008, 01:45 AM
Haha, that's pretty funny, actually! It didn't sound like there were too many Tiger fans there; but, the first game appeared from TV to look like one of those early April games in 1997. The concession and bathroom lines must've been wonderful.
The place was ghost town. The frustrating thing was they were checking tickets like hawks and making people move from seats that were not theirs. This is the first time all season they have done this around me. They made two guys who sat in the front row, which was empty, move their real seats in the second row.

hi im skot
09-15-2008, 01:56 AM
It's Dewayne Wise's world and we're just living in it.

chisoxfanatic
09-15-2008, 02:01 AM
The place was ghost town. The frustrating thing was they were checking tickets like hawks and making people move from seats that were not theirs. This is the first time all season they have done this around me. They made two guys who sat in the front row, which was empty, move their real seats in the second row.
That had to be frustrating! Doesn't it seem like they do that MORE when the place is nearly empty? Like you, I've been to a ton of games and haven't seen them do that very often; but, one game sticks out in my mind in particular. I was at this (http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200505170.shtml) mid-May win over Texas in 2005, and though it was in the 50s, the wind made it feel like it was under 40. Anyways, I was sitting near where your full season tickets are right now, and there couldn't have been more than 20 people in the entire section. The security guards checked the stubs of every single person sitting in the first row at least four times that game. I was in row 2 and had mine checked a couple times as well.

You'd think they'd do that more when there are MORE people in the ballpark instead of trying to pick fights when hardly anyone is there and nobody's causing any trouble.

Ziggy S
09-15-2008, 05:37 AM
Wise doesn't hit the baseball, the ball gets Wised.

doublem23
09-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Wise doesn't hit the baseball, the ball gets Wised.

I don't belive he actually hits the ball, he chooses to instead rotate the Earth enough that the ball lands out of the park.

itsnotrequired
09-15-2008, 09:33 AM

That's why I ditched sitting by you. I went over to 142 and all the guy did was check to see we had tickets for that night's game. Still, what the heck was the point in checking them in such detail? As near as I could tell, they were afraid people would get all comfortable in seats that weren't thiers and the ushers would have to deal with some kind of incident when the real ticketholders showed up. But for the handful of people that weren't in their "real" seats, would this honestly have been that big a deal?

:dunno:

ChiSoxGirl
09-15-2008, 10:40 PM
TBGR. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3704) Better late than never! Oops. :redface:

itsnotrequired
09-15-2008, 10:46 PM
TBGR. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3704) Better late than never! Oops. :redface:

posted after the next game started? for shame...

:happybday

ChiSoxGirl
09-15-2008, 10:59 PM
posted after the next game started? for shame...

:happybday

I completely forgot that I had to write the TBGR for the night cap last night! I was sitting here at 9p and had the "Oh, my God" moment. I'm not used to writing on Monday nights. :redface: