johnnyg83
09-14-2008, 06:34 PM
back in first ... let's sweep damnit

october23sp
09-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Bobby is the reason God created Tums.

Marqhead
09-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Is a completely stress free win too much to ask? Apparently so.

Javy was amazing, Thornton good, and Bobby, well Bobby got the job done.

Lets take the next one!

oeo
Nice win. Still need another one today, though.

Frater Perdurabo
Nice job by Javy.

Too bad Bobby had to give up the shutout.

Excellent work by the hitters to string together a few hits to score two clutch runs in the 8th.

WhiteSoxOnly
This one's for Javy :gulp:...Bobby,you need to knock that
**** off !

johnnyg83
09-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Javy was amazing today. We needed him.

kevingrt
09-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Beautiful win.

I missed Bobby's mini implosion because of this sick Denver vs San Diego game.

I cannot freaking believe Shannahan went for the deuce and CONVERTED. And it all happened due to an inadvertent whistle. WOW

Lets get two tonight!

JB98
09-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Injuries have left the Sox a couple bats short. That makes quality starting pitching even more necessary for this pennant drive. Vazquez answered the bell today.

I thought Wise had a nice game too. He delivered a key RBI hit in the bottom of the eighth and scored on clutch hit by Dye. Those tack-on runs were needed, as it turned out.

rustysurf83
09-14-2008, 06:39 PM
This one's for Javy :gulp:...Bobby,you need to knock that
**** off !

I am going to look at it this way...Bobby cannot possibly go through the season without giving up a run; situations like today are actually good because it decreases the chance he will give up a run when it matters:redneck

kevingrt
09-14-2008, 06:40 PM
I am going to look at it this way...Bobby cannot possibly go through the season without giving up a run; situations like today are actually good because it decreases the chance he will give up a run when it matters:redneck

All about statistics and probability. You are exactly right.

johnnyg83
09-14-2008, 06:43 PM
I hope you're right ... streaks are part of the game too though.

WhiteSox5187
09-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Javy looked great and did exactly what we needed him to do! As for Bobby, well the past two times we brought him in it wasn't a save situation though, was it?

JB98
09-14-2008, 06:44 PM

Jenks still has not blown a game since he came off the disabled list. Since his return from the DL, his three worst outings have come in non-save situations.

He gave up two at Minnesota to make an 8-1 game finish 8-3. Then, you had today's game, and the other night against Toronto.

It's been a rough homestand for Jenks, but his struggles have not cost us a thing. He's not a guy who is prone to prolonged slumps. I'm confident he'll right the ship shortly.

Konerko05
09-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Vazquez is so good when he's on.

PeoriaSoxFan
09-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Hey Melton, sound a little more confident vs. the Twins. Awesome Sox win. Been watching football almost all day, so, forgive me for my stupid question....are we playing tonight again at 7pm?

JB98
09-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Hey Melton, sound a little more confident vs. the Twins. Awesome Sox win. Been watching football almost all day, so, forgive me for my stupid question....are we playing tonight again at 7pm?

Yes. Game will be on ESPN.

chisoxfanatic
09-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Wow, winning that game is HUGE! No matter what happens tonight, we'll still end up in first place going into the road trip! A win tonight, however, nullifies that DH sweep the Twins pulled last night in Baltimore.

Javy looked outstanding today! And, you cannot get enough insurance runs in a game, so what they did there in the bottom of the 8th really helped out!

Let's go up 1.5 games in the division!

russ99
09-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Beautiful win.

I missed Bobby's mini implosion because of this sick Denver vs San Diego game.

I cannot freaking believe Shannahan went for the deuce and CONVERTED. And it all happened due to an inadvertent whistle. WOW

Lets get two tonight!

Had the Chargers and Bobby both blown it, I'd have really needed some major indigestion relief.

Good way to get back on the horse after the (what seemed like forever) rain delays. Now let's get em in game 2!

Rockabilly
09-14-2008, 07:07 PM
great win magic #14

Lets sweep these Kitties

guillensdisciple
09-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Well that was a good win, Javy has re- established his dominance lately. Actually both sox veterans have looked exceptional... this bodes well for the sox if they make the playoffs... takes the pressure off one of the rookies. I am assuming that Ozzie will go with a three man in the playoffs so either Gavin or John will sit even though their season numbers are better then Mark's and Javy's.

slavko
09-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Jenks still has not blown a game since he came off the disabled list. Since his return from the DL, his three worst outings have come in non-save situations.

He gave up two at Minnesota to make an 8-1 game finish 8-3. Then, you had today's game, and the other night against Toronto.

It's been a rough homestand for Jenks, but his struggles have not cost us a thing. He's not a guy who is prone to prolonged slumps. I'm confident he'll right the ship shortly.

That's the secret to handling Bobby. Don't bring him in in a save situation!

sunofgold
09-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Great win. But, I say let's just use JENKS in save situations. I know that he was warmed up and all.

This is what is happening. WHITE SOX have a one run - two run lead going into the bottom of the eighth. Jenks of course is going to warm up during the bottom of the eight. Then, the WHITE SOX score two to three runs and it isn't a save situation anymore.

Jenks is already warmed up and Guillen probably wants to use him since he warmed up. However, this isn't when Jenks pitches his best. I know that it sucks to warm up a pitcher and then not use him. But, maybe we should use another pitcher when we score some runs in the eighth to take a comfortable lead going into the ninth.

Strange that this has happened twice so recently. And both times Jenks make things too interesting.

Brian26
09-14-2008, 07:55 PM
I thought Wise had a nice game too. He delivered a key RBI hit in the bottom of the eighth and scored on clutch hit by Dye. Those tack-on runs were needed, as it turned out.

I was listening on the radio at this point, but it also sounded like he made a nice catch in the gap on a ball Griffey had no chance to catch. Hopefully Ozzie can catch lightining in a bottle with Wise for a few games until Konerko comes back.

TheOldRoman
09-14-2008, 08:48 PM
I thought for sure the title of this thread would be "VazKKKKKKKKez!"
Absolutely great game by Javy. We need something close to that every time out for him the rest of the way. Great job of adding insurance runs by the offense.

DumpJerry
09-15-2008, 12:05 AM
It was just a warm up.......:D: