PDA

View Full Version : Sunday night game question

nsolo
09-14-2008, 02:23 PM
For my birthday, my wife bought tickets to tonights (9/14) game. From what I understand, the first game of today's doubleheader was pushed back until 4 Chicago time.

With this, IF tonight's game is played, will they take the time to empty the ballpark between games and how long a time I'd expect that to be?

My concern for this is that I'm traveling from Michigan. A Sox fan, NOT a Tigers fan.

I had planned of taking my Grandson and Granddaughter to their first Sox game tonight.

bnlfanmatt
09-14-2008, 02:24 PM
For my birthday, my wife bought tickets to tonights (9/14) game. From what I understand, the first game of today's doubleheader was pushed back until 4 Chicago time.

With this, IF tonight's game is played, will they take the time to empty the ballpark between games and how long a time I'd expect that to be?

My concern for this is that I'm traveling from Michigan. A Sox fan, NOT a Tigers fan.

I had planned of taking my Grandson and Granddaughter to their first Sox game tonight.

I called, if you have tickets that say 9/14, you can show up for both games. I don't know about other scenarios, because I didn't ask because I only have tickets for 9/14.

nsolo
09-14-2008, 02:30 PM
I called, if you have tickets that say 9/14, you can show up for both games. I don't know about other scenarios, because I didn't ask because I only have tickets for 9/14.

Thanks. I tried calling but have only got a busy signal. I wonder what would happen if we showed up for the second game only to find that there were fans from the first game, sitting in the correct seats, which were supposed to be our seats for the second game?

#1swisher
09-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Bill Melton called today's dh a STRAIGHT DOUBLE HEADER. ticket holders for 9-14 Sunday game better get to the game in time for the 4pm start.

btrain929
09-14-2008, 03:02 PM
So 9-13 tickets cannot get into the first game today? Also, if it's just 9/14 tickets, I wonder how strict they will enforce ticket locations. IE if upper deck people try to go into the lower level...

MCHSoxFan
09-14-2008, 03:08 PM
So 9-13 tickets cannot get into the first game today? Also, if it's just 9/14 tickets, I wonder how strict they will enforce ticket locations. IE if upper deck people try to go into the lower level...

Same as usual for UD to LD. Put it like this, sam crowed, just 2 games back-to-back.

Harry Potter
09-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Same as usual for UD to LD. Put it like this, sam crowed, just 2 games back-to-back.

Who is this Sam character and what did he crow about? :redneck

Jaffar
09-14-2008, 03:12 PM
I have 9/13 tickets and I called. I was told they are not good for today at all due to the game now being rescheduled for 9/29 if needed and that there is nothing you can do with the tickets until they know if the game is needed or not.

scarsofthumper
09-14-2008, 03:20 PM
I would hope that you could maybe use them for the April 09 deal too

Beer Can Chicken
09-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks. I tried calling but have only got a busy signal. I wonder what would happen if we showed up for the second game only to find that there were fans from the first game, sitting in the correct seats, which were supposed to be our seats for the second game?

The tickets that will be sold to the game are for 9/14 and they aren't honoring the weekend's other game tickets so there is no possibility of a doubling up on the seats.

Law11
09-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Bill Melton called today's dh a STRAIGHT DOUBLE HEADER. ticket holders for 9-14 Sunday game better get to the game in time for the 4pm start.

exactly..
this fromthe trib

The White Sox and Tigers will try to play a doubleheader today, but it will not be "split" as originally planned.
Because rain was supposed to stop in late afternoon, a decision was made by MLB offices that the first would begin as soon as possible, perhaps 4-5 p.m., and the second game would follow a half-hour later. There would be no separate entry for the second game.