PDA

View Full Version : Herbert Perry's dinger...


Kilroy
05-15-2002, 09:02 AM
was tossed back on the field last night. An act garnered a rousing cheer. What a ****in moron. Its a Milkman home-run ball for chissakes!! That's a prized possession for Sox fans even if Perry's on the Rangers now. Perry was more loved here than he was in any of his other stops in baseball.

Moses_Scurry
05-15-2002, 09:33 AM
I'll have to admit, my friends and I clapped when Milkman hit his dinger. I wasn't happy about Texas taking the lead, but I did like Herbert alot when he was here.

raul12
05-15-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
was tossed back on the field last night. An act garnered a rousing cheer. What a ****in moron. Its a Milkman home-run ball for chissakes!! That's a prized possession for Sox fans even if Perry's on the Rangers now. Perry was more loved here than he was in any of his other stops in baseball.

find the f'n scrub fan and kick his ass! i can't stand throwing home run balls back--no matter who hits them...let alone by a former white sox player who was well loved and played well while he was here.

MarqSox
05-15-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry
I'll have to admit, my friends and I clapped when Milkman hit his dinger. I wasn't happy about Texas taking the lead, but I did like Herbert alot when he was here.

It was really strange when he hit it, there was a guy a couple rows in front of me wearing a Perry White Sox jersey, and it hadn't occurred to me that Perry was batting since I missed the announcement of the starting lineup. And I said to my buddy, "Hey, remember Herbert? He was cool as hell." And literally as I finished the sentence, I see the Rangers batter crank one into the section next to me, I look back at the scoreboard and lo and behold, it was Perry. Really weird stuff.

Anyway, I was booing the guy who threw it back, but the cheers outnumbered the boos well over 10 to 1. It was really obnoxious.

cheeses_h_rice
05-15-2002, 02:31 PM
You could hear the idiots in the stands cheering loudly for the ball to be thrown back the minute it hit the seats.

Utterly sickening.

Cheryl
05-15-2002, 02:56 PM
That, and whoever the a****e was who tossed a cat onto the field. Forget attendance, forget searching purses--get those damn Flub fans out of my ballpark!!

Foulke You
05-15-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
That, and whoever the a****e was who tossed a cat onto the field. Forget attendance, forget searching purses--get those damn Flub fans out of my ballpark!!

It's going to be hard to do that. I mean where else are Cub fans actually going to see a team with guts and heart? Comiskey. The Flubby factor is definitely more present on 1/2 price nights too. I can't stand the people who throw the homers back (invading Flub fans) but unfortunately I think they are here to stay. The virus has spread throughout baseball and I pray that it is just a fad that will go away. Most of the true Sox fans were booing when Herbert's homer was thrown back.

MarqSox
05-15-2002, 04:47 PM
whoever the a****e was who tossed a cat onto the field. Forget attendance, forget searching purses--get those damn Flub fans out of my ballpark!!

I hear what you're saying, I can't stand the wave or beach balls or any of that crap ... but in all honesty, that cat was one of the funniest things I've seen at a baseball game in a long time! The game was already decided, so it didn't really bother me. We had a good time out there last night.

Most of the true Sox fans were booing when Herbert's homer was thrown back.

If that's true, then there were almost no "true" Sox fans at the game last night ... I seriously didn't hear a single person in my section (161) boo besides me. And I got strange looks when I did!

WinningUgly!
05-15-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Herbert Perry's dinger was tossed back on the field last night.
I had the wrong idea of what this thread was about. :D:

http://www.ifuctup.com/udonefuctup/john-wayne-bobbit.jpg
"Me too!"

Foulke You
05-15-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox


I hear what you're saying, I can't stand the wave or beach balls or any of that crap ... but in all honesty, that cat was one of the funniest things I've seen at a baseball game in a long time! The game was already decided, so it didn't really bother me. We had a good time out there last night.



If that's true, then there were almost no "true" Sox fans at the game last night ... I seriously didn't hear a single person in my section (161) boo besides me. And I got strange looks when I did!

Actually, there were at least a dozen or so guys in my section (107) that were booing right along with me. I've been lucky this year in that I've sat next to some true blue Sox fans at most of the games I've attended.

GASHWOUND
05-15-2002, 06:09 PM
Wills got really pissed about the HR ball being thrown back. He said to either give the ball to a kid, throw the ball in the trash, or whatever, but we don't want to be like that "other" team on the north side.