PDA

View Full Version : Joe Crede's locker was cleaned out

#1swisher
09-13-2008, 04:26 PM
per AP Joe Gano sports.yahoo
White Sox 3B Joe Crede's locker was cleaned out. Crede, has been sidelined by a sore back and was scheduled to get a second opinion in Dallas next week.

white sox bill
09-13-2008, 04:29 PM
As long as his LOCKER was cleaned out, I can breath easier!

Seriously though, I didn't think Joe was coming back this yr. We may have seen the last of Joe in a Sox uni

chisoxmike
09-13-2008, 04:32 PM
See ya, Joe.

scarsofthumper
09-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Seacrest, OUT.

BleacherBandit
09-13-2008, 08:19 PM
He Gone.

sunofgold
09-13-2008, 08:52 PM
He cannot be back to cheer on his team? I thought that I saw him in uniform and in the dugout for the Toronto series. He could coach Fields at third, maybe?

In theory, a locker could be cleaned out and then he comes back and puts his stuff back. Maybe Crede wears his uniform to bed. You know ...superstition.

Paulwny
09-14-2008, 10:45 AM
FWIW- According to the Trib his name plate on the locker was removed.

Schlepper
09-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Why do the Sox always seem to treat players so poorly on the way out?

WizardsofOzzie
09-14-2008, 12:11 PM
How exactly are they treating him poorly?

Gavin
09-14-2008, 12:18 PM

You know, my dad once told me when I was in high school, "I can't stop you from doing this, but just know, that if you do this you're going to be in trouble."

So KW says to EVERYONE: "I will not deal with Scott Boras."

And Joe then goes and signs Scott Boras.

Is KW looking out for the Sox? Yes. Is Joe Crede looking out for Joe Crede? Yes.

KW can't control Joe Crede.

Martinigirl
09-14-2008, 12:20 PM

The Sox did nothing wrong. What would you have had them do? You honestly want them to offer a long term, big money contract (which you know Crede and Boras are looking for) to a man who has a bad back and can't play on a consistant basis? That is hardly a smart move for the team.

I understand that Joe has done a lot for this team in the past, and we will all appreciate him for that, but you can't trust in his ability to start day in and day out which he would need to do to justify the contract he is (most likely) seeking.

WizardsofOzzie
09-14-2008, 12:27 PM
The Sox did nothing wrong. What would you have had them do? You honestly want them to offer a long term, big money contract (which you know Crede and Boras are looking for) to a man who has a bad back and can't play on a consistant basis? That is hardly a smart move for the team.

I understand that Joe has done a lot for this team in the past, and we will all appreciate him for that, but you can't trust in his ability to start day in and day out which he would need to do to justify the contract he is (most likely) seeking.
Bingo. The sox gave Crede an opportunity to prove he was healthy by signing him to a 1 year deal, even though he's been battling back problems since 2005 and was fresh off back surgery, and he showed he wasn't up to the challenge. The Sox did all they could possibly do for the guy, and I'm sure if he put up the numbers and showed the ability to stay healthy, we would probably be seeing him in a Sox uni next year.

Lip Man 1
09-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Folks:

There's more going on here then you think.

I spoke with a source earlier this week. They said that both times the Sox were in Anaheim, Scott Boras met with the Angels then supposedly got information back to Crede.

The Sox were not happy about this and badly want to file tampering charges, right now though they don't have any concrete evidence.

It sounds like if Joe Crede were the last 3rd baseman on Earth and the Sox needed one, he wouldn't be getting a call.

Lip

Craig Grebeck
09-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Folks:

I spoke with a source earlier this week. They said that both times the Sox were in Anaheim, Scott Boras met with the Angels then supposedly got information back to Crede.

The Sox were not happy about this and badly want to file tampering charges, right now though they don't have any concrete evidence.

It sounds like if Joe Crede were the last 3rd baseman on Earth and the Sox needed one, he wouldn't be getting a call.

Lip
Thanks, Lip. Can't say I'm surprised -- especially given the Angels' affinity for doling out terrible contracts.

Gavin
09-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Dump him. He sounds like a douche.

itsnotrequired
09-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Dump him. He sounds like a douche.

:lol:

Now that the whole story is out there with no doubts whatsoever, this is a totally logical answer.

Whitesoxfan23
09-14-2008, 12:53 PM
You know.. I was just sitting here thinking.. If this is true, which it probably is since Boras is involved, this is a sad way to see Joe leave. This leaves a very bitter taste in everyone's mouth. I definitely think a whole lot less of Crede now. What an ass.

Martinigirl
09-14-2008, 01:08 PM
You know.. I was just sitting here thinking.. If this is true, which it probably is since Boras is involved, this is a sad way to see Joe leave. This leaves a very bitter taste in everyone's mouth. I definitely think a whole lot less of Crede now. What an ass.

I have had a very bad feeling every since I found out Boras was his agent and it just got worse with the continuing saga what he and Boras are willing to tell the Sox about the back injury. There has been a level of secrecy that never seemed normal.

And I don't look at the Sox with rose colored glasses and deny they have never done anything wrong in dealing with some players, but this is not the case in this situation. This is all on Joe.

Whitesoxfan23
09-14-2008, 01:14 PM
^You stole the words right out of my mouth. I agree. His injury being secretive has been very suspicious.

SBSoxFan
09-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Folks:

Lip

What does this have to do with Crede's locker being cleaned out? Are the Sox releasing him for what purportedly happened with LAA? Is he done for the year so he can go start rehab? ???

doublem23
09-14-2008, 01:31 PM
You have to remove the business side of baseball from the game on the field. Don't be ****ing ingrates.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/photos/uncategorized/joecrede.jpg

He'll always be a South Sider.

Beer Can Chicken
09-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Its pretty simple - Remove his nameplate and clean out his locker at the end of the 2008 baseball season when he is no longer a member of the SOX. Unless they release him, he is still on our team.

Craig Grebeck
09-14-2008, 01:45 PM
You have to remove the business side of baseball from the game on the field. Don't be ****ing ingrates.

Good for him. He did well for us. That's great.

If he has been as big a prick as many stories have led me to believe, then **** him. It doesn't make me appreciate his contributions any less -- just his character.

Gavin
09-14-2008, 01:45 PM

Major League Baseball exists because it's a business that seeks a profit, are you kidding me?

Lip Man 1
09-14-2008, 01:46 PM
SB:

My comments were in regards to the individual saying that the Sox treated Joe poorly. Not his locker being cleaned out. Two separate issues.

According to my source this "being treated poorly" issue apparently cuts both ways.

Lip

Daver
09-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Major League Baseball exists because it's a business that seeks a profit, are you kidding me?

Not according to the supreme court.

Domeshot17
09-14-2008, 02:22 PM
To hell with Joe Crede. This guy has been looking out for himself since day 1. Yah he was a huge part of the 05 team, but Guess what, Barry Bonds was a huge part of the Giants team that won the NL. Doesn't mean a thing anymore.

Years ago Joe Crede basically said Boras works for me if he keeps me from staying here I will fire him. We all bought it, and well, we all have egg on our face now. Really what Joe Crede was saying was, Screw All of You guys, I don't want the media on my back, I don't want the fans on my back, I'll say the right things for now and then go fill my pockets later.

He waited too long to have his back surgery which cost us, and you knew he was looking out for number 1 when Ozzie spurted this off after his rehab:

How is Joe Crede?

Ozzie: GO ASK HIS AGENT!

To hell with you Joe. If you want to already have 1 foot out the door, good for the sox for throwing the ass out too. I don't care what he did in 2005, this is 2008, and he is trying to hurt us. The same people who are turning the blind eye are the ones who would probably try and forgive a spouse who cheated on them, even though the spouse and their secret lover are picking out a new house for the upcoming divorce.

wilburaga
09-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Its pretty simple - Remove his nameplate and clean out his locker at the end of the 2008 baseball season when he is no longer a member of the SOX. Unless they release him, he is still on our team.

Totally agree. If the 'journalists' that cover the Sox are to be believed, management has created a petty distraction in the heat of a pennant race. NOTHING is gained by cleaning out Crede's locker prematurely.

W

itsnotrequired
09-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Years ago Joe Crede basically said Boras works for me if he keeps me from staying here I will fire him. We all bought it, and well, we all have egg on our face now.

What Crede actually said is that Boras works for me and if he doesn't represent my interests, I will find other representation.

Feel free to interpret that statement as you'd like...

hi im skot
09-14-2008, 02:36 PM
To hell with Joe Crede. This guy has been looking out for himself since day 1. Yah he was a huge part of the 05 team, but Guess what, Barry Bonds was a huge part of the Giants team that won the NL. Doesn't mean a thing anymore.

Years ago Joe Crede basically said Boras works for me if he keeps me from staying here I will fire him. We all bought it, and well, we all have egg on our face now. Really what Joe Crede was saying was, Screw All of You guys, I don't want the media on my back, I don't want the fans on my back, I'll say the right things for now and then go fill my pockets later.

He waited too long to have his back surgery which cost us, and you knew he was looking out for number 1 when Ozzie spurted this off after his rehab:

How is Joe Crede?

To hell with you Joe. If you want to already have 1 foot out the door, good for the sox for throwing the ass out too. I don't care what he did in 2005, this is 2008, and he is trying to hurt us. The same people who are turning the blind eye are the ones who would probably try and forgive a spouse who cheated on them, even though the spouse and their secret lover are picking out a new house for the upcoming divorce.

:rolling:

Joe Crede = Barry Bonds?

This post is hilarious.

SBSoxFan
09-14-2008, 02:42 PM
SB:

My comments were in regards to the individual saying that the Sox treated Joe poorly. Not his locker being cleaned out. Two separate issues.

According to my source this "being treated poorly" issue apparently cuts both ways.

Lip

Thanks Lip.

Domeshot17
09-14-2008, 02:42 PM
:rolling:

Joe Crede = Barry Bonds?

This post is hilarious.

That wasn't my point, my point was merely that just because someone was a big part of the championship team years ago doesn't give them a right to screw the team now.

I don't get how you guys are DEFENDING Crede here. Boras is leaking information to another rival team. This could mean a lot of things, they are talking contract already, they are already preparing for a post season against us and now our own players are helping them, or even worse, and we have no proof of it (but if they threw him out it had to be bad), what if it is as bad as the Angels saying play out being hurt, miss the playoffs, rest up and stay healthy, and we'll make it worth your while.

soltrain21
09-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Wouldn't they be clearing out his locker because there are a bunch of new guys up since rosters expanded and they need the room?

I_Liked_Manuel
09-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Why does any of this matter? He can't field anymore, he can't run anymore, and it looks like his back problems aren't going away. Sure, I'd like a healthy Joe Crede in the field every day, but that's never going to happen. If Boras can get the guy a contract at the major league level, good for Joe Crede - because his delay in getting the back surgery looks like it's going to cost him his career. Ultimately, Crede has to face the brunt of his bad decisions.

Brian26
09-14-2008, 03:24 PM

How is Joe Crede?

Classic rant.

Konerko05
09-14-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't know what to make of all of this. Sounds like another player leaving the White Sox organization on bad terms. Hopefully all these rumors are just speculation.

Frontman
09-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Joe Crede will be appreciated by the fans of the Sox for 2005. Hell, I was one thinking he should of had the MVP for the World Series for his outsanding play.

That being said, how he's conducted himself this season says its time for him to move on. But while re-habing his back, Joe "disappears" and the team can't find him?

Thanks for the memories Joe.

Frontman
09-14-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't know what to make of all of this. Sounds like another player leaving the White Sox organization on bad terms. Hopefully all these rumors are just speculation.

How things went with say Frank or Carlton Fisk; that's really on either both parties, or in Pudge's case, Hawk's shoulders.

But players like Maggs and Crede? You don't keep your health and injury status from the team, the manager, the General Manager, etc.

gobears1987
09-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks, Lip. Can't say I'm surprised -- especially given the Angels' affinity for doling out terrible contracts.If I were the Angels, I'd rather have Figgens than Crede. I really hope the Sox get Chone Figgens.

09-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Wouldn't they be clearing out his locker because there are a bunch of new guys up since rosters expanded and they need the room?

There's plenty of room for the call ups.

Maybe they cleaned out his locker as a message to all the active players. Let's not hold out hope for guys on the shelf to help us, let's get this done with what we have. Out of sight, out of mind.

The Dude
09-14-2008, 03:41 PM
See ya, Joe.

You have been waiting for this moment for the last 6 years! So how does it feel?

Domeshot17
09-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Classic rant.

Pretty much, just ready to move on. I have had the same surgery he did, I know just for regular life it never is the same, so I knew for baseball activity it would be worse. Hell it kept me from playing the last few years in college. I feel for him, and I was a big Crede fan in the past. I still think he has one of the top gloves in the league.

But at the end of the day, I cheer for the name on the front of the jersey not the back. If one of the guys who wears that jersey is doing things in secret to screw the team, I don't have any patience for it. To be thrown out of the locker room, to have his locker and name tag taken away right now, when in reality we could be a better team if he woke up tomorrow feeling fine, it means whatever he did was bad.

The guy was a hero in 2005, and was a rockstar in the city. You could go so far to say after the world series no 1 player had the popularity jump Joe did. But how he has handled himself since, it feels like Magglio version 2.0

Noneck
09-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Crede is very popular player with both the fans and players. I will not make judgment on this situation until all the facts are uncovered.

sunofgold
09-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Did they clear out DJ's stuff as well?

PeoriaSoxFan
09-14-2008, 08:48 PM
I hope all of this is b.s. It makes no sense why they would clean out his locker. This is a business, but it is a business of winning and if he still has a snowball's chance in hell of playing this year, I think the possibility should be kept alive. What if Uribe got hurt? Would you rather have Fields?

itsnotrequired
09-14-2008, 09:41 PM
You have been waiting for this moment for the last 6 years! So how does it feel?

Probably the same way you will feel when Dye is gone.

:tongue:

doublem23
09-14-2008, 11:13 PM

Way to get 0% of my point.

EuroSox35
09-14-2008, 11:20 PM

How is Joe Crede?

Pssh, Crede has the right to do whatever he wants. So he wants Boras as his agent. So he took a chance and didn't take surgery. These guys are still humans, just going in and having surgery isn't fun. He took a lot of **** from a lot of idiot fans who think they know it all and can't understand that a young guy might need time to adjust to the major leagues, and still became a huge part of Sox history.

Some of us will miss you Joe...

slavko
09-14-2008, 11:40 PM
I hope all of this is b.s. It makes no sense why they would clean out his locker. This is a business, but it is a business of winning and if he still has a snowball's chance in hell of playing this year, I think the possibility should be kept alive. What if Uribe got hurt? Would you rather have Fields?

Somebody knows something that we don't know. And they're not saying. Otherwise, as you say, it makes no sense. And cleaning out a locker is something you do only if it makes sense. My wild guess is that Joe peeved somebody off real good.

PatK
09-15-2008, 09:05 AM
I thought Joe was shut down for the season. If so, why the hell would he need a locker?

Lefty34
09-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Well, at least that's one less "hey this guy was here in '05, do you remember '05?" excuse we would have to hear. See ya, Joe, thanks for the memories, but that doesn't change the fact that you are now bad.

Cangelosi CF
09-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Folks:

Lip is definitely tampering. Then again, Artie Moreno just likes to spend money anyhow.

RockJock07
09-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Pssh, Crede has the right to do whatever he wants. So he wants Boras as his agent. So he took a chance and didn't take surgery. These guys are still humans, just going in and having surgery isn't fun. He took a lot of **** from a lot of idiot fans who think they know it all and can't understand that a young guy might need time to adjust to the major leagues, and still became a huge part of Sox history.

Some of us will miss you Joe...

Yes, Crede has the right to pick whatever agent he wants, however, when that Agent is a D-bag, that reflects badly on you aswell. His play on the field has nothing to do with the way he's handle himself off the field. You can miss Joe Crede if you want, and I will to a degree, but he a average player that played really well when we needed him in to the playoffs.