PDA

View Full Version : Greg Walker on 670am

HangWiffum
09-13-2008, 12:53 PM
anyone else listening to this? he says that swisher admits that he is swinging for home runs. he also talks about having players on this team that don't want to know what the opposing pitcher throws as part of their approach. walker referenced that point when talking about that stats that the team has on pitchers and their tendencies walker goes on to say that that the sox staff doesn't do much coaching during the game. an example of this would be if walker sees something that needs correcting with a players' stance he won't always let them know when he sees it. i think this is some great insight into the sox. i'm sure swishers swing was one of the reason billy bean shipped him out and maybe we finally have some kind of explaniation for the sox not being able to hit pitchers that they've never seen or recently called up from the minors.

turners56
09-13-2008, 12:56 PM
anyone else listening to this? he says that swisher admits that he is swinging for home runs. he also talks about having players on this team that don't want to know what the opposing pitcher throws as part of their approach. walker referenced that point when talking about that stats that the team has on pitchers and their tendencies walker goes on to say that that the sox staff doesn't do much coaching during the game. an example of this would be if walker sees something that needs correcting with a players' stance he won't always let them know when he sees it. i think this is some great insight into the sox. i'm sure swishers swing was one of the reason billy bean shipped him out and maybe we finally have some kind of explaniation for the sox not being able to hit pitchers that they've never seen or recently called up from the minors.

Looks like it's our players' fault then that we can't hit no-name pitchers?

FielderJones
09-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Looks like it's our players' fault then that we can't hit no-name pitchers?

But WSI told me it's Walker's fault, that he doesn't prepare the players properly and tells them to swing for the fences. Who are you going to trust?

turners56
09-13-2008, 12:59 PM
but wsi told me it's walker's fault, that he doesn't prepare the players properly and tells them to swing for the fences. Who are you going to trust?

WSI, because I believe in our players. Swisher would never swing for the fences!

TDog
09-13-2008, 01:33 PM
The White Sox do no worse in hitting no-name pitchers than most teams, contenders included. Gio Gonzalez shut down the Rays, beating them 2-1, in his first start in Oakland, after he pitched five no-hit innings in his debut in Toronto and before he got hammered by the White Sox in Oakland.

You can name no-name pitchers who have shut down the Sox. Every team can. Clayton Richard pitched six shutout innings against Seattle,a team that had been going nuts offensively (especially against the Twins), after returning from the minors. The list of pitchers the White Sox had never seen before who have beaten them is shorter than the list of pitchers the White Sox have never seen before who they have beaten.

DumpJerry
09-13-2008, 01:48 PM
He also commented about players who send him notes with no capitalization of letters.

HangWiffum
09-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Hey lOOk! It,S A TRolL

Nellie_Fox
09-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Hey lOOk! It,S A TRolLIt is not trolling to point out that your post was very hard to read without capital letters, not to mention the almost complete lack of punctuation.

Frontman
09-13-2008, 04:49 PM
It is not trolling to point out that your post was very hard to read without capital letters, not to mention the almost complete lack of punctuation.

Why is it that people want to be taken seriously; but then they can't spend the few extra sections to make what they are typing readable?

Seriously HangWiffum; if you want what you are saying to be read, understood, and appreciated, you need to take a few extra steps and make it readable.

Jaffar
09-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Why is it that people want to be taken seriously; but then they can't spend the few extra sections to make what they are typing readable?

Seriously HangWiffum; if you want what you are saying to be read, understood, and appreciated, you need to take a few extra steps and make it readable.

I'm having trouble understanding your point Frontman...:redneck :gulp:

Frontman
09-13-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm having trouble understanding your point Frontman...:redneck :gulp:

See, but that's my gimmick. I have no point, that's part of my charm.