PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie In The Sporting News

Lip Man 1
09-12-2008, 03:07 PM
This week starting on page 48 is a conversation with him. Long and detailed and also has an "interesting" take with a certain fired writer from the Sun-Times.

Lip

tebman
09-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Gotta love it. I read that interview and could hear his voice in it the whole time.

One of the sidebars, of course, had to be with the recently unemployed hack writer from the Sun-Times. When asked if he'd ever mend fences with Guillen, he said he'd never stoop to that man's level. If he was a real writer he'd know the meaning of irony.

TommyJohn
09-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Gotta love it. I read that interview and could hear his voice in it the whole time.

One of the sidebars, of course, had to be with the recently unemployed hack writer from the Sun-Times. When asked if he'd ever mend fences with Guillen, he said he'd never stoop to that man's level. If he was a real writer he'd know the meaning of irony.

This coming from the piece of **** mother****er who still mentions Bartman five freaking years later.

Lip Man 1
09-13-2008, 01:54 PM
I just finished reading the extensive interview with Ozzie Guillen in this week's print edition of The Sporting News.

Amazing, uncensored, unbelievable. Pure unadulterated Ozzie. I question the man's moves at times (like any good fan should) but I'll never question his love of the game, his love of Chicago and especially his love of the White Sox as a franchise.

He talks about everything and anything, from the best players in the city, to the best manager, to Cub fans in general, to MLB as an organization, to having to be 'politically correct.'

First rate interview.

Lip

guillen4life13
09-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Here is part of the interview. Good one!

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=456687

chisoxfan4life
09-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks for that link! I think we will see Ozzie on the Southside for many, many more years. I would love to play for this man.