PDA

View Full Version : Going to watch White Sox BP Sat 9/13....

btrain929
09-12-2008, 12:49 PM
For those who have done this in the past....

The game starts at 2:55pm. The Tigers might hit from 1ish-230pm. What time will the Sox do BP? When is the earliest we can get there to watch them (with the BP passes). Hopefully bad weather won't affect/cancel this. Thanks in advance.

champagne030
09-12-2008, 12:53 PM
For those who have done this in the past....

The game starts at 2:55pm. The Tigers might hit from 1ish-230pm. What time will the Sox do BP? When is the earliest we can get there to watch them (with the BP passes). Hopefully bad weather won't affect/cancel this. Thanks in advance.

Unless this is some promotion, the Sox do not open the gates early enough for you to watch them bat.

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Unless this is some promotion, the Sox do not open the gates early enough for you to watch them bat.
Season ticket holders have been able to watch the Sox take BP this year. They set aside 6 games for this (2 for each of the 3 season ticket plans).

Unfortunately, they canceled the one I was going to go to, so they rescheduled it, and then that one was canceled.

btrain929
09-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Season ticket holders have been able to watch the Sox take BP this year. They set aside 6 games for this (2 for each of the 3 season ticket plans).

Unfortunately, they canceled the one I was going to go to, so they rescheduled it, and then that one was canceled.

Yeah that has to be frustrating. A season ticket holder couldn't go, so he gave me his passes. I think on there the passes said you could get in at 1230pm, but that just seemed like it would be the tailend of BP, like watching the last few hitters hit. I hope that's not the case....

champagne030
09-12-2008, 01:33 PM

I have a full ST plan. I don't remember seeing anything like this in my box at the beginning of the year. Did you have to sign-up for this? I would not attend, but if I sold my tickets I would give them the passes.

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2008, 01:35 PM
I have a full ST plan. I don't remember seeing anything like this in my box at the beginning of the year. Did you have to sign-up for this? I would not attend, but if I sold my tickets I would give them the passes.
You had to go into your My White Sox Account to respond to the event. They did not send information through the mail (or at least I never received anything).

Is it just me, or has communication to season ticket holders dropped over the past year?

alohafri
09-12-2008, 01:44 PM
You had to go into your My White Sox Account to respond to the event. They did not send information through the mail (or at least I never received anything).

Is it just me, or has communication to season ticket holders dropped over the past year?

I got my notification via email.

champagne030
09-12-2008, 01:55 PM

That would explain things. I never go through my White Sox Account. I always just do things over the phone with my rep.

My communication has been the same. I guess I've been extremely lucky, but I don't think I've ever waited more than 24 hours for a response from my reps though the years. My first ticket rep is now Director of Ticket Sales.....

salty99
09-12-2008, 02:42 PM
I also have a pass for 9/13. When I've gone to these in the past I've gotten to watch the entire White Sox BP.

SOXfnNlansing
09-12-2008, 09:56 PM
I went last Saturday. It was almost a full batting practice session. I was in right field. There are about 100 people scattered between the poles. It's almost like you can claim a section and try to catch whatever comes your way. My son got 5 balls. The pitchers and players shag balls in the outfield.

The concession stands are closed. There is no music. All you hear is the crack of the bat and the players talking amongst themselves. After about a half hour, the beer stand opened and music was played.

After an hour the announcement "Welcome to US Cellular" is announced, and before you know it there are a thousand fans milling around where it was just empty.

Over all it was a great experience, just a very longgggg night.

salty99
09-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Well I wonder what they're going to do now with the DH tomorrow.

ChiSoxGirl
09-13-2008, 01:58 AM
Well I wonder what they're going to do now with the DH tomorrow.

With the way it's been raining and is supposed to keep raining, I'll be amazed if Sox BP isn't cancelled tomorrow. I'm supposed to go to this, too, and have been looking forward to it for two months. :(:

dakuda
09-13-2008, 09:51 AM
With the way it's been raining and is supposed to keep raining, I'll be amazed if Sox BP isn't cancelled tomorrow. I'm supposed to go to this, too, and have been looking forward to it for two months. :(:

I hope you are wrong, but I see it happening. It will suck to drive out there, expect to get in at 12:30, and not be able to.

DumpJerry
09-13-2008, 09:57 AM
The time Gate 1 opens is on the pass (it is on the SE corner of the park-go near Gate 2 and continue east). You are in the outfield watching the Sox take BP. When the gates open 90 minutes before the first pitch, you can go to your seats, concession stands, Bullpen Sportsbar, etc.

Bob G
09-13-2008, 11:32 AM
This is probably a mute point since the game will likely be cancelled but does anyone know if there's many opportunities to get player autographs during BP?

Law11
09-13-2008, 11:34 AM
not unless the players enjoy standing in the rain..

dakuda
09-13-2008, 11:46 AM
I called the main number (312 674 1000) and was told that this was canceled for today.

salty99
09-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Not surprised, but what great communication. Not.

Bob G
09-13-2008, 11:48 AM
not unless the players enjoy standing in the rain..

I meant in general - if weather isn't an issue.

Law11
09-13-2008, 11:50 AM
oh sorry.. Usually you need to get near the dugouts to have any real chance
Or possibly down the lines but those autographs are scarce

dakuda
09-13-2008, 11:51 AM
I meant in general - if weather isn't an issue.

I think that since people are limited to the outfield, it would make getting autographs a bit difficult. I was looking forward to a free MLB baseball or two and just hanging out.

I even convinced my mom to come with, since she has not been to Comiskey in about 10 years. In fact, I am now stuck at her house for a few more hours, since there is no reason to leave for the game yet and I am not driving home to just come back here later.