PDA

View Full Version : Don't go to ESPN.com

doublem23
09-11-2008, 12:24 PM
:puking:

Blueprint1
09-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Really, when are the poeple around this country going to get sick of this story?

kobo
09-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Oh.My.God. I just threw up in my mouth. Absolutely pathetic.

spawn
09-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Damn. I'll never get that 10 seconds of my life back.

doublem23
09-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Damn. I'll never get that 10 seconds of my life back.

Don't blame me, I told you not to!

I only hope that when the Cubs inevitably screw the pooch, they run a story on Sox fans from across generations reveling in their misery.

kittle42
09-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Don't blame me, I told you not to!

I only hope that when the Cubs inevitably screw the pooch, they run a story on Sox fans from across generations reveling in their misery.

It's lose/lose for rational people when it comes to Cubs coverage.

If they win, all their loyal fans deserve it and there is sunshine and rainbows everywhere!

If they lose, it is another reason we should all, as a nation, console the poor, heartbroken, bud doggedly loyal and determined Cubbie fans.

See - either way, it sucks - and this is why I put forward the notion that it is easy to be a Cubs fan. I'll still take the second option, though!

pmck003
09-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Espn really needs some national competition

russ99
09-11-2008, 01:31 PM
If anything, this made me feel less sorry than these schmucks who still follow this god awful team.

Maybe that's a part of why ESPN's running this, for all people who hate the Cubs, which as I understand is a group growing in number... :tongue:

minutia
09-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Someone named a kid Wrigley Fields. That is just nutty.

Hitmen77
09-11-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm sure I speak for all the Bears, Bulls, and Norte Dame fans that make up the rest of Chicago's sports fans in saying we're sick of all these Cub-love stories. :rolleyes:

MeteorsSox4367
09-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm sure I speak for all the Bears, Bulls, and Norte Dame fans that make up the rest of Chicago's sports fans in saying we're sick of all these Cub-love stories. :rolleyes:

We Hawks fans, too.

Jaffar
09-11-2008, 02:03 PM

+1 my friend :gulp:

kittle42
09-11-2008, 02:04 PM

Probably not, actually, since many of the people in those fanbases (actually, probably most) are Cub fans.

soxfan43
09-11-2008, 02:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?section=magazine&id=3577154

That story on espn.com actually wasn't bad, but the rest of all the cub love is ridiculous. But come on, we all saw this coming, with the Yankee's fading fast, it's inevitable that ESPN will be all about the cubs in October. Boston's had the limelight for a while, so get ready for a ton of cub love coming out of Bristol.

LoveYourSuit
09-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Offcourse everyone read the thread topic and imediately we need to go see what it is.

The reaction on this thread is a bit off the handle, we already know what ESPN is. Why all the shock and surprise?

doublem23
09-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Probably not, actually, since many of the people in those fanbases (actually, probably most) are Cub fans.

Yeah, basically everyone I know is a Bear, Hawk, and Bull fan. The only difference is some of us have seen our baseball team win a World Series.

Burn! :moonwalk:

DSpivack
09-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Millions upon millions of masochists.

Konerkoholic
09-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Woo Woo Wickers - "Professional Cubs fan. Favorite Player: All of them." What a nutbar.

spawn
09-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Someone named a kid Wrigley Fields. That is just nutty.
My sister has a neighbor who named her son Clark Addison.

gn2727
09-11-2008, 03:40 PM
It gives a whole new meaning to the word WHINER!

white sox bill
09-11-2008, 03:52 PM
For me, its just another jinx. Let 'em talk

turners56
09-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Whenever the Cubs get attention, they fail.

veeter
09-11-2008, 04:19 PM
It's getting to the point where the national saying will be, "during baseball season everyone has a little cub fan in them." Just like we're all a little Irish on St. Patrick's Day. They're not a national mascot, they're a national freakin' joke.

kittle42
09-11-2008, 04:29 PM
It's getting to the point where the national saying will be, "during baseball season everyone has a little cub fan in them." Just like we're all a little Irish on St. Patrick's Day. They're not a national mascot, they're a national freakin' joke.

Or the old, "Come on, how can you *not* root for the Cubbies???"

Um, pretty ****ing easily.

doublem23
09-11-2008, 04:42 PM

I get that all the time down here.

Barf.

soxpride724
09-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Awwww, I almost punched my computer screen.

kjhanson
09-11-2008, 04:59 PM

I travel quite a bit, and I usually make a point to wear a Sox hat when I'm flying. However, if I'm not sporting Sox gear and someone hears I'm from Chicago, they say "home of the Cubbies!" to which I casually respond, "no, home of the 2005 World Series Champion White Sox". Soon thereafter your "how can you not root for the Cubs" line follows. Then I tell them to get comfortable.

turners56
09-11-2008, 05:11 PM

What people don't get is that "Cubs fans" are completely arrogant idiots whose baseball IQs are near 80. I don't know how many "Cubs fans" told me that the Sox sucked. Wow, first place teams suck? World Series winning teams suck? I guess when you lose for a century, you'll have to act like that.

kittle42
09-11-2008, 05:13 PM
I travel quite a bit, and I usually make a point to wear a Sox hat when I'm flying. However, if I'm not sporting Sox gear and someone hears I'm from Chicago, they say "home of the Cubbies!" to which I casually respond, "no, home of the 2005 World Series Champion White Sox". Soon thereafter your "how can you not root for the Cubs" line follows. Then I tell them to get comfortable.

Yeah, I get that a lot, too. It's always about the Cubs when you say you are from Chicago - not the Sox, Bulls, Hawks, or even the mighty Beloved Bears whom everyone from is are supposed to be ga-ga over - always the goddamn Cubs.

kittle42
09-11-2008, 05:14 PM
What people don't get is that "Cubs fans" are completely arrogant idiots whose baseball IQs are near 80. I don't know how many "Cubs fans" told me that the Sox sucked. Wow, first place teams suck? World Series winning teams suck? I guess when you lose for a century, you'll have to act like that.

There are people who actually get and understand baseball and people who don't. Every fanbase has them - including ours. The Cubs just have more given that they have (1) more fans, and (2) a larger percentage of casual fans than probably any other team.

turners56
09-11-2008, 05:17 PM
There are people who actually get and understand baseball and people who don't. Every fanbase has them - including ours. The Cubs just have more given that they have (1) more fans, and (2) a larger percentage of casual fans than probably any other team.

I agree, which is why I said "Cubs fans" in quotation marks.

Palehose Pete
09-11-2008, 05:28 PM
This is going to get worse before it gets better. I got a bad feeling about it.

kittle42
09-11-2008, 06:02 PM
I agree, which is why I said "Cubs fans" in quotation marks.

Gotcha. :wink:

MarySwiss
09-11-2008, 06:43 PM
This is going to get worse before it gets better. I got a bad feeling about it.

Well, if they do by some fluke make it to the World Series, I would think the media crap might even dwarf the recent Favre-fest.

Frontman
09-11-2008, 06:52 PM
How does this surprise anyone? I figured it was a Cubs story, but I had to look.

DSpivack
09-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Well, if they do by some fluke make it to the World Series, I would think the media crap might even dwarf the recent Favre-fest.

Might? ESPN and the like would consider the best thing since the latest team from Boston winning. No, even worse than that.

guillensdisciple
09-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Might? ESPN and the like would consider the best thing since the latest team from Boston winning. No, even worse than that.
I wouldn't watch ESPN, that will be the most horrid coverage of sports. Jesus that made cubs fans look like hopeless charity cases. What kind of a team would want that up there? Man I would be so embarrassed that my franchise is bad enough that I actually have to make a sob video to capture "the hearts" of the people.

Just keep on hitting new lows, what is the cover story gonna be if they get eliminated from the playoffs?

Honestly I don't understand how people can even look at this franchise and consider themselves smart. How can you dare watch baseball that has humiliated itself for the past 100 years? I got this idea a while back, you want the cubs to win make them. DON'T SHOW UP! Stop being such idiots and supporting baseball that doesn't exist and doesn't care about your money. Now of course this argument doesn't matter but I believe that this has something to do with the reason why the Cubs haven't won one.

When Sox fans don't like how things are going we show our dislike, we either don't show (most sox fans have jobs and are hard working people) or we make sure our anger is known in other ways.

This is why I laugh at this, how can you ask for sympathy when you have been so stupid?

I really don't care if they win or if they don't but their fans can shove it.

october23sp
09-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Good Lord thats tough to stomach. On a little thing that scrolls it says

Page2, MLB, NFL, NASCAR, Cubs

are the cubs about to get their own god damn espn page

kitekrazy
09-11-2008, 09:58 PM
It's lose/lose for rational people when it comes to Cubs coverage.

If they win, all their loyal fans deserve it and there is sunshine and rainbows everywhere!

If they lose, it is another reason we should all, as a nation, console the poor, heartbroken, bud doggedly loyal and determined Cubbie fans.

See - either way, it sucks - and this is why I put forward the notion that it is easy to be a Cubs fan. I'll still take the second option, though!

If it doesn't happen for them this year, I doubt it will happen for a long time. At least not in our lifetime.

PatK
09-12-2008, 12:47 PM
If you didn't like that article, please don't go look at the front page of the Trib's website today

The Milkman
09-12-2008, 01:28 PM

Believe it or not, there are MANY Chicago sports fans that loathe ND...I am one of them.

alohafri
09-12-2008, 01:49 PM

I saw just as many White Sox shirts and hats as I did cub stuff at ND Stadium on Saturday.

alohafri
09-12-2008, 01:55 PM
If you didn't like that article, please don't go look at the front page of the Trib's website today

Oh Jesus God!

Which general was it who said something along the lines of "They want to die, my job is to help them"?

kittle42
09-12-2008, 02:14 PM
I saw just as many White Sox shirts and hats as I did cub stuff at ND Stadium on Saturday.

Small sample size.

whitesox901
09-12-2008, 02:58 PM
oh damn

Lundind1
09-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Hey, If we don't want to see all this garbage attention around a completely garbage organization....we need to win another one. That'll teach em.

kittle42
09-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey, If we don't want to see all this garbage attention around a completely garbage organization....we need to win another one. That'll teach em.

That actually might do it. Or two more. :D:

TommyJohn
09-12-2008, 06:09 PM

As much as I would love to see it happen...

vegyrex
09-13-2008, 02:13 PM
That was truly awful.

OldRomanPizza
09-13-2008, 02:46 PM
wanks.:tongue: