PDA

View Full Version : Pitchers for the last series at the Dome

beasly213
09-11-2008, 10:07 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-080910-four-man-rotation-chicago-white-sox,0,6980139.story

Looks like it'll be Javy, Buehrle, and Floyd.

I couldn't ask for a better starting three. Let's hope everybody steps up in that series for the Sox offense and pitchers included.

I have all the confidence in the world that MB will deliever and I'm a little worried about Gavin but I think he'll step up.

Just make sure we keep winning though so that series means something!

PorkChopExpress
09-11-2008, 10:51 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-080910-four-man-rotation-chicago-white-sox,0,6980139.story

Looks like it'll be Javy, Buehrle, and Floyd.

I couldn't ask for a better starting three. Let's hope everybody steps up in that series for the Sox offense and pitchers included.

I have all the confidence in the world that MB will deliever and I'm a little worried about Gavin but I think he'll step up.

Just make sure we keep winning though so that series means something!

I would prefer Danks to Floyd. Danks has been slowing down a little, but Floyd seems to get hit around by the Twins. Floyd has had a fantastic year, but he still struggles with certain teams. At least that's how I perceive it.

EDIT: I just checked his splits and I guess I am totally wrong, so never mind. Go Gavin!

TwinKess
09-11-2008, 11:03 AM
This is going to be a fantastic series with a definate playoff atmosphere. I can't wait (added benefit of not having to worry about if we getting into the playoffs or not and going on to either worrying about the playoffs or worrying about T-Jack actually having a passing game :redneck)

Chez
09-11-2008, 11:14 AM
I'd rather throw 2 lefthanders against the Twins; but I suppose these are our best 3 starters. I think Thornton and H. Ramirez/Logan will be keys to the series. We'll need lefties out of the pen to match up with Morneau, Kubel and Span (Mauer kills lefties). Anyone know who the Twins are supposed to start against us?

oeo
09-11-2008, 11:29 AM
EDIT: I just checked his splits and I guess I am totally wrong, so nevermind. Go Gavin!

Yeah, he was two outs away from a no-no earlier this year against them. Then he started the only game we won in the Metrodome the last time we went there.

beasly213
09-11-2008, 11:47 AM
I'd rather throw 2 lefthanders against the Twins; but I suppose these are our best 3 starters. I think Thornton and H. Ramirez/Logan will be keys to the series. We'll need lefties out of the pen to match up with Morneau, Kubel and Span (Mauer kills lefties). Anyone know who the Twins are supposed to start against us?

I'd walk Morneau and Mauer every time if guys are in Scoring position. They are the only two players in the lineup that scare me.

PaleHoser
09-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Any chance Buehrle can throw right-handed for Game 1? I've had my fill of watching Vasquez get the deer-in-headlights look whenever there's a big game.

oeo
09-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Any chance Buehrle can throw right-handed for Game 1? I've had my fill of watching Vasquez get the deer-in-headlights look whenever there's a big game.

Every game over the past month has been 'big', and he's done pretty well. :dunno:

I'd like to see him eat up some more innings, but he's been the least of our problems.

Bob G
09-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I like our starters in this series does anyone know the matchups?

I think it'll come down to the bullpen as to who wins though.

Foulke You
09-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Every game over the past month has been 'big', and he's done pretty well. :dunno:

I'd like to see him eat up some more innings, but he's been the least of our problems.
I agree. Javy has been pretty sharp recently. He looked good against Toronto on Tuesday and just made one mistake. Javy has been more consistent than Danks recently so I have no problem handing him the ball.

CHISOXFAN13
09-11-2008, 12:43 PM
If my calculations are correct, we will miss Liriano and Slowey.

Chez
09-11-2008, 12:46 PM
If my calculations are correct, we will miss Liriano and Slowey.

So we get Perkins, Blackburn and Baker?

sox1970
09-11-2008, 12:52 PM
So we get Perkins, Blackburn and Baker?

Vazquez-Baker
Buehrle-Perkins
Floyd-Blackburn

That's if the Sox keep the 4 man rotation after Sunday, and the Twins don't move up Slowey to the Thursday game.

Law11
09-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Slowey is being referred to in the media by some as the next Maddux.
I don't really remember this guy.
Can he be that good?

AnkleSox
09-11-2008, 02:47 PM
I think Thornton and H. Ramirez/Logan will be keys to the series.

If Logan is a key to this series the Sox players should start practicing their golf swings now.

Law11
09-11-2008, 02:48 PM
If Logan is a key to this series the Sox players should start practicing their golf swings now.

Logan reminds me of Marte back in 05.. I cringe when he starts warming up..
Gotta be a lefty thing...

bluestar
09-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Slowey is being referred to in the media by some as the next Maddux.
I don't really remember this guy.
Can he be that good?

He was struggling seriously earlier in the season leading up to the last series with the Sox in July. There were stories in various outlets that his start in the first game of the series with the Sox was going to be his last chance to either demonstrate he could pitch effectively, or he was going to be sent down to AAA. He threw a complete game shutout against the Sox and has looked much better in his starts since.

He is supposed to be part of a future Twins dominant rotation. Some sources considered him the Twins' top pitching prospect before he was callled up.

turners56
09-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I would think that Floyd will pitch well against the Twins. He has pitched well against them three times this season, he's 3-1, but has 4 QS against them this year. Including two in that dome. Buehrle's been meh against them. Javy is historically good against the Twins, but I don't know, he tends to pee his pants in big games.

nsdjoe
09-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Those are the three I'd like to see pitch, but let's just go up by 4 games going into the series anyway.